Skip to content

● --->  All past, present and future  Deshaun Watson comments will go here, thank you. <--- ●

The Browns Board
179 32 7.8k 1
  • @jax said:

    You would think after dealing with Watt in the past the Browns would have had a better way to deal with him. I refuse to think any player is that unstoppable when you know how good they are and you better prepare for them, at least not allow them to make almost every play lol.

    You bring up a good point.

    I remember a couple of years ago in Pittsburgh when Watt was making Hudson our RT his personal bitch.

    I believe he sacked BM like 7 or 8 times, and Kev didn’t have an answer for him.

    Fast forward to this year, and I saw a couple of times where we actually had a TE trying to block him. ?

    You would think that our resident HC masquerading as our OC would have some kind of strategy to minimize Watt’s pass rush.

    After Chubb’s departure, they just pinned their ears back and came after DW.

    They were prime for some type of screen play, misdirection, draw play….whatever.

    But we saw none of that, which is another reason I’m losing faith in Stefanski.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    You bring up a good point.

    I remember a couple of years ago in Pittsburgh when Watt was making Hudson our RT his personal bitch.

    I believe he sacked BM like 7 or 8 times, and Kev didn’t have an answer for him.

    Fast forward to this year, and I saw a couple of times where we actually had a TE trying to block him. ?

    You would think that our resident HC masquerading as our OC would have some kind of strategy to minimize Watt’s pass rush.

    After Chubb’s departure, they just pinned their ears back and came after DW.

    They were prime for some type of screen play, misdirection, draw play….whatever.

    But we saw none of that, which is another reason I’m losing faith in Stefanski.

    What a game plan!   That game was a train wreck on offense!  I feel bad for our defense!

    Our 2 Offensive Tackles played Olay all night.  Did anyone watch the sum of that begin with Alex Highsmith's strip sack of Watson (after Wills whiffed at the line of scrimmage) which sent to ball right to TJ Watt without breaking stride.  NEITHER of our Tackles slowed either guy nor did they give an impressive attempt to do so.

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    Just to give the Watson hatahs more ammunition, this article came up in my news feed this morning. It's not pretty...

    https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2023/sep/21/the-browns-sold-their-souls-to-sign-deshaun-watson-the-results-are-not-pretty

  • @canton-dawg said:

    You bring up a good point.

    I remember a couple of years ago in Pittsburgh when Watt was making Hudson our RT his personal bitch.

    I believe he sacked BM like 7 or 8 times, and Kev didn’t have an answer for him.

    Fast forward to this year, and I saw a couple of times where we actually had a TE trying to block him. ?

    You would think that our resident HC masquerading as our OC would have some kind of strategy to minimize Watt’s pass rush.

    After Chubb’s departure, they just pinned their ears back and came after DW.

    They were prime for some type of screen play, misdirection, draw play….whatever.

    But we saw none of that, which is another reason I’m losing faith in Stefanski.

    What a game plan!   That game was a train wreck on offense!  I feel bad for our defense!

    Our 2 Offensive Tackles played Olay all night.  Did anyone watch the sum of that begin with Alex Highsmith's strip sack of Watson (after Wills whiffed at the line of scrimmage) which sent to ball right to TJ Watt without breaking stride.  NEITHER of our Tackles slowed either guy nor did they give an impressive attempt to do so.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    What a game plan!   That game was a train wreck on offense!  I feel bad for our defense!

    Our 2 Offensive Tackles played Olay all night.  Did anyone watch the sum of that begin with Alex Highsmith's strip sack of Watson (after Wills whiffed at the line of scrimmage) which sent to ball right to TJ Watt without breaking stride.  NEITHER of our Tackles slowed either guy nor did they give an impressive attempt to do so.

    I thought Ghoolie said a while back you can get those big fat guys for nothing and do just fine. Who knew they were doubling as bull fighters??

  • @flugel said:

    What a game plan!   That game was a train wreck on offense!  I feel bad for our defense!

    Our 2 Offensive Tackles played Olay all night.  Did anyone watch the sum of that begin with Alex Highsmith's strip sack of Watson (after Wills whiffed at the line of scrimmage) which sent to ball right to TJ Watt without breaking stride.  NEITHER of our Tackles slowed either guy nor did they give an impressive attempt to do so.

    I thought Ghoolie said a while back you can get those big fat guys for nothing and do just fine. Who knew they were doubling as bull fighters??

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    I thought Ghoolie said a while back you can get those big fat guys for nothing and do just fine. Who knew they were doubling as bull fighters??

     ?

  • @bob806 said:

    Like TO said many moons ago..."that's my quarterback"

    Not sure he can turn this around. His brain isn't processing the reads fast enough. Is that something he can get back?

    No, it's not something he can get back. Watson is very much a "see open, throw to open" qb now and doesn't trust his eyes. He doesn't even trust them when he rolls out and has a guy right in front of him for 5 yards, yet continues to hold it. 

    The other problem I haven't seen mentioned as much is that he's nowhere near as fast as he used to be. He can't escape like a couple years ago and I think it's frustrating him. I believe it's why be had the two facemask penalties...he's frustrated that he can't do what he used to. 

    So you're now talking about a scared qb who can't throw with anticipation, has the worst deep ball rating in the league, probably fewest td passes from a starter, multiple turnovers, multiple turnovers that were defensive touchdowns, terrible completion percentage, reduced escapability, and now coming apart at the seams by committing the dumbest facemask penalties I've ever seen. 

    Can he turn it around? Nothing is impossible, but he looks pretty bad to me. And now he has to do it without Chubb, probably forever. 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @jiggins7919 said:

    No, it's not something he can get back. Watson is very much a "see open, throw to open" qb now and doesn't trust his eyes. He doesn't even trust them when he rolls out and has a guy right in front of him for 5 yards, yet continues to hold it. 

    The other problem I haven't seen mentioned as much is that he's nowhere near as fast as he used to be. He can't escape like a couple years ago and I think it's frustrating him. I believe it's why be had the two facemask penalties...he's frustrated that he can't do what he used to. 

    So you're now talking about a scared qb who can't throw with anticipation, has the worst deep ball rating in the league, probably fewest td passes from a starter, multiple turnovers, multiple turnovers that were defensive touchdowns, terrible completion percentage, reduced escapability, and now coming apart at the seams by committing the dumbest facemask penalties I've ever seen. 

    Can he turn it around? Nothing is impossible, but he looks pretty bad to me. And now he has to do it without Chubb, probably forever. 

    Well the $230 million dollar question is WHY Watson is currently playing like Brandon Weedon on a bad day. His stats to date don't lie, and they're abysmal. He's not hurt. You can't blame two seasons of rust or an injury anymore. 

    Mental? Lack of confidence? Trying too hard? 

    Well, we had better start seeing drastic improvement soon, or my 9-8 prediction for the Browns this season is looking pretty good.  

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    No, it's not something he can get back. Watson is very much a "see open, throw to open" qb now and doesn't trust his eyes. He doesn't even trust them when he rolls out and has a guy right in front of him for 5 yards, yet continues to hold it. 

    The other problem I haven't seen mentioned as much is that he's nowhere near as fast as he used to be. He can't escape like a couple years ago and I think it's frustrating him. I believe it's why be had the two facemask penalties...he's frustrated that he can't do what he used to. 

    So you're now talking about a scared qb who can't throw with anticipation, has the worst deep ball rating in the league, probably fewest td passes from a starter, multiple turnovers, multiple turnovers that were defensive touchdowns, terrible completion percentage, reduced escapability, and now coming apart at the seams by committing the dumbest facemask penalties I've ever seen. 

    Can he turn it around? Nothing is impossible, but he looks pretty bad to me. And now he has to do it without Chubb, probably forever. 

    Well the $230 million dollar question is WHY Watson is currently playing like Brandon Weedon on a bad day. His stats to date don't lie, and they're abysmal. He's not hurt. You can't blame two seasons of rust or an injury anymore. 

    Mental? Lack of confidence? Trying too hard? 

    Well, we had better start seeing drastic improvement soon, or my 9-8 prediction for the Browns this season is looking pretty good.  

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    @hoorta said:

    His stats to date don't lie, and they're abysmal. He's not hurt. You can't blame two seasons of rust or an injury anymore. 

    Mental? Lack of confidence? Trying too hard? 

    Could you image how bad this offense would have looked if Amari Cooper had not played thru his groin injury Monday? (Yikes)

    Coop is now on this weeks injury report also, with a shoulder issue   

    Why would a struggling offensive head coach/play-caller, continue to give Vet's a day off after that BS performance?

    Njoku don't need to practice with Watson after that ?show?  Titans/ at Ravens...than Week 4 Bye week  ?

    F6k90S_WAAEPXue.jpg.c33991214170b9dbee5b4a272a7ed281.jpg

    ya may want to add poor coaching decisions ?

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    No, it's not something he can get back. Watson is very much a "see open, throw to open" qb now and doesn't trust his eyes. He doesn't even trust them when he rolls out and has a guy right in front of him for 5 yards, yet continues to hold it. 

    The other problem I haven't seen mentioned as much is that he's nowhere near as fast as he used to be. He can't escape like a couple years ago and I think it's frustrating him. I believe it's why be had the two facemask penalties...he's frustrated that he can't do what he used to. 

    So you're now talking about a scared qb who can't throw with anticipation, has the worst deep ball rating in the league, probably fewest td passes from a starter, multiple turnovers, multiple turnovers that were defensive touchdowns, terrible completion percentage, reduced escapability, and now coming apart at the seams by committing the dumbest facemask penalties I've ever seen. 

    Can he turn it around? Nothing is impossible, but he looks pretty bad to me. And now he has to do it without Chubb, probably forever. 

    Well the $230 million dollar question is WHY Watson is currently playing like Brandon Weedon on a bad day. His stats to date don't lie, and they're abysmal. He's not hurt. You can't blame two seasons of rust or an injury anymore. 

    Mental? Lack of confidence? Trying too hard? 

    Well, we had better start seeing drastic improvement soon, or my 9-8 prediction for the Browns this season is looking pretty good.  

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Well the $230 million dollar question is WHY Watson is currently playing like Brandon Weedon on a bad day. His stats to date don't lie, and they're abysmal. He's not hurt. You can't blame two seasons of rust or an injury anymore. 

    Mental? Lack of confidence? Trying too hard? 

    Well, we had better start seeing drastic improvement soon, or my 9-8 prediction for the Browns this season is looking pretty good.  

    I said 7-10/8-9

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by

    I just wish DW would play like Baker Mayfield.

  • I just wish DW would play like Baker Mayfield.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @kvoethe said:

    I just wish DW would play like Baker Mayfield.

    I wish he could just be a game manager like Jay Barker...

  • @kvoethe said:

    I just wish DW would play like Baker Mayfield.

    I wish he could just be a game manager like Jay Barker...

    KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    I wish he could just be a game manager like Jay Barker...

    Or Jacoby Briskett

  • N Neo wrote on last edited by

    Watson was a .500 quarterback when he came back last year, he's a .500 qb now. It's not great but he's not the worst by far. I stand by what I said, it's not time to panic yet, he still has time to turn it around. We just lost a major piece guys, the whole team is going to feel that not just Watson. It's going to take some time to try to replace that production. As far as the "230 million dollar joke", the Browns did not have to give him that kind of money. 

  • N Neo

    Watson was a .500 quarterback when he came back last year, he's a .500 qb now. It's not great but he's not the worst by far. I stand by what I said, it's not time to panic yet, he still has time to turn it around. We just lost a major piece guys, the whole team is going to feel that not just Watson. It's going to take some time to try to replace that production. As far as the "230 million dollar joke", the Browns did not have to give him that kind of money. 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @neo said:

    Watson was a .500 quarterback when he came back last year, he's a .500 qb now. It's not great but he's not the worst by far. I stand by what I said, it's not time to panic yet, he still has time to turn it around. We just lost a major piece guys, the whole team is going to feel that not just Watson. It's going to take some time to try to replace that production. As far as the "230 million dollar joke", the Browns did not have to give him that kind of money. 

    Worst? Well I was pretty shocked that NFL.com had Watson ranked as high as #28 of starting QBs.  Personally, I have him at #31, ahead of only Zack Wilson he of 310 yards passing, 2 TDs 4 interceptions, and a stellar QBR of 53.  

    Maybe the Browns should have taken the stock market disclaimer to heart- "Past performance is no guarantee of future results". 😁 

    & If we hadn't given Watson that stupid deal, some other team would have. Berry swung for the fences with Deshaun. Should he continue to stink, he's as good as gone, and Kev along with him. 

  • @neo said:

    Watson was a .500 quarterback when he came back last year, he's a .500 qb now. It's not great but he's not the worst by far. I stand by what I said, it's not time to panic yet, he still has time to turn it around. We just lost a major piece guys, the whole team is going to feel that not just Watson. It's going to take some time to try to replace that production. As far as the "230 million dollar joke", the Browns did not have to give him that kind of money. 

    Worst? Well I was pretty shocked that NFL.com had Watson ranked as high as #28 of starting QBs.  Personally, I have him at #31, ahead of only Zack Wilson he of 310 yards passing, 2 TDs 4 interceptions, and a stellar QBR of 53.  

    Maybe the Browns should have taken the stock market disclaimer to heart- "Past performance is no guarantee of future results". 😁 

    & If we hadn't given Watson that stupid deal, some other team would have. Berry swung for the fences with Deshaun. Should he continue to stink, he's as good as gone, and Kev along with him. 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Worst? Well I was pretty shocked that NFL.com had Watson ranked as high as #28 of starting QBs.  Personally, I have him at #31, ahead of only Zack Wilson he of 310 yards passing, 2 TDs 4 interceptions, and a stellar QBR of 53.  

    Maybe the Browns should have taken the stock market disclaimer to heart- "Past performance is no guarantee of future results". 😁 

    & If we hadn't given Watson that stupid deal, some other team would have. Berry swung for the fences with Deshaun. Should he continue to stink, he's as good as gone, and Kev along with him. 

    Depudpuller should be the first to go...

  • @neo said:

    Watson was a .500 quarterback when he came back last year, he's a .500 qb now. It's not great but he's not the worst by far. I stand by what I said, it's not time to panic yet, he still has time to turn it around. We just lost a major piece guys, the whole team is going to feel that not just Watson. It's going to take some time to try to replace that production. As far as the "230 million dollar joke", the Browns did not have to give him that kind of money. 

    Worst? Well I was pretty shocked that NFL.com had Watson ranked as high as #28 of starting QBs.  Personally, I have him at #31, ahead of only Zack Wilson he of 310 yards passing, 2 TDs 4 interceptions, and a stellar QBR of 53.  

    Maybe the Browns should have taken the stock market disclaimer to heart- "Past performance is no guarantee of future results". 😁 

    & If we hadn't given Watson that stupid deal, some other team would have. Berry swung for the fences with Deshaun. Should he continue to stink, he's as good as gone, and Kev along with him. 

    N Neo wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Berry swung for the fences with Deshaun.

    Again, not Watson's fault. He now has to live up to that contract without our biggest offensive weapon. Does Watson need to improve? Of couse he does. I'm getting so tired of this same old song and dance. It's funny that a majority of people aren't willing to give Watson the same leash as some of the other qb's in the Browns past. For once it would be nice if certain members of the fan base didn't lose their shit as soon as the slightest hint the qb may be struggling. 

    Soon as Watson throws an incomplete pass in the next game people will be chanting for DTR. Then DTR will come in, get hurt, then we're shit out of luck and fans calling for everyone to be fired and blow the whole thing up. It's the same fucking shit every year.

  • N Neo

    @hoorta said:

    Berry swung for the fences with Deshaun.

    Again, not Watson's fault. He now has to live up to that contract without our biggest offensive weapon. Does Watson need to improve? Of couse he does. I'm getting so tired of this same old song and dance. It's funny that a majority of people aren't willing to give Watson the same leash as some of the other qb's in the Browns past. For once it would be nice if certain members of the fan base didn't lose their shit as soon as the slightest hint the qb may be struggling. 

    Soon as Watson throws an incomplete pass in the next game people will be chanting for DTR. Then DTR will come in, get hurt, then we're shit out of luck and fans calling for everyone to be fired and blow the whole thing up. It's the same fucking shit every year.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @neo said:

    Again, not Watson's fault. He now has to live up to that contract without our biggest offensive weapon. Does Watson need to improve? Of couse he does. I'm getting so tired of this same old song and dance. It's funny that a majority of people aren't willing to give Watson the same leash as some of the other qb's in the Browns past. For once it would be nice if certain members of the fan base didn't lose their shit as soon as the slightest hint the qb may be struggling. 

    Soon as Watson throws an incomplete pass in the next game people will be chanting for DTR. Then DTR will come in, get hurt, then we're shit out of luck and fans calling for everyone to be fired and blow the whole thing up. It's the same fucking shit every year.

    So tell me whats working? Blow the thing up and put it back together until it fucking works...

  • @neo said:

    Again, not Watson's fault. He now has to live up to that contract without our biggest offensive weapon. Does Watson need to improve? Of couse he does. I'm getting so tired of this same old song and dance. It's funny that a majority of people aren't willing to give Watson the same leash as some of the other qb's in the Browns past. For once it would be nice if certain members of the fan base didn't lose their shit as soon as the slightest hint the qb may be struggling. 

    Soon as Watson throws an incomplete pass in the next game people will be chanting for DTR. Then DTR will come in, get hurt, then we're shit out of luck and fans calling for everyone to be fired and blow the whole thing up. It's the same fucking shit every year.

    So tell me whats working? Blow the thing up and put it back together until it fucking works...

    N Neo wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    So tell me whats working? Blow the thing up and put it back together until it fucking works...

    And that's why the Browns are fucking basement dwellers every year. I'm giving Watson the same leash as I gave Mayfield and every other qb that came before him. He hasn't even played a full NFL season for the Browns yet and people want him gone because he isn't living up to the contract the morons in the front office gave him.

  • N Neo

    @nickers said:

    So tell me whats working? Blow the thing up and put it back together until it fucking works...

    And that's why the Browns are fucking basement dwellers every year. I'm giving Watson the same leash as I gave Mayfield and every other qb that came before him. He hasn't even played a full NFL season for the Browns yet and people want him gone because he isn't living up to the contract the morons in the front office gave him.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @neo said:

    And that's why the Browns are fucking basement dwellers every year. I'm giving Watson the same leash as I gave Mayfield and every other qb that came before him. He hasn't even played a full NFL season for the Browns yet and people want him gone because he isn't living up to the contract the morons in the front office gave him.

    He's played 8 games and still looks the same... Pure trash!

  • @nickers said:

    He's a POS!

    How exactly is he a POS friend?

    N Neo wrote on last edited by

    @the-junkyard-dog said:

    How exactly is he a POS friend?

    Some of these guys are acting like Watson gave himself that 200 million dollar contract. It's amazing how little it takes for some fans to completely shit  themselves. From what I remember, the Browns wasn't even one of Watson's destinations. Sounds like they made him an offer he can't refuse. Can't blame him for taking that contract. What's not being said is how stupid to fully guarantee a contract. But no, let's take it out on Watson?

  • N Neo

    @the-junkyard-dog said:

    How exactly is he a POS friend?

    Some of these guys are acting like Watson gave himself that 200 million dollar contract. It's amazing how little it takes for some fans to completely shit  themselves. From what I remember, the Browns wasn't even one of Watson's destinations. Sounds like they made him an offer he can't refuse. Can't blame him for taking that contract. What's not being said is how stupid to fully guarantee a contract. But no, let's take it out on Watson?

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @neo said:

    Some of these guys are acting like Watson gave himself that 200 million dollar contract. It's amazing how little it takes for some fans to completely shit  themselves. From what I remember, the Browns wasn't even one of Watson's destinations. Sounds like they made him an offer he can't refuse. Can't blame him for taking that contract. What's not being said is how stupid to fully guarantee a contract. But no, let's take it out on Watson?

    The real problem as several have intimated here is that our piss poor OT's being attacked they way they are leads to deer in the headlights QB play. I don't blame him at all at this point, especially when coaching does not adjust to quicker patterns to throw to instead (as tia says) of patterns that require at least average PassPro.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    Yes, yes, yes, he needs to post happy things like you do.

    Otis is hitting the bottle hard I see..