Skip to content

Ponder this...

The Browns Board
83 26 4.7k
  • You can't paint it any simpler than that.

    Anyone who disagrees with the above is just plain Retarded. It is what it is.

  • QUOTE (ATENEARS @ Sep 17 2009, 11:40 AM)

    13-14 for a career with 45 TD's and 35 INT's

    By the way, he is 13-15, with 43 TDs and 40 turnovers, and a QBR under 70. I truly don't think that is horrible.

  • Zombo said:

    Sure, if he wins 10 of his next 15.

    Zombo

    --I didn't set the bar, Derek did.

    Derek set the bar @ 1-13 vs playoff teams and 3-9 in the AFCN, too. So I wouldn't be so sure the bar Derek set is the one we should go with.

    Hands down without a doubt DA has been the best QB we've had since 1999. Not even close. I am not looking for Quinn to compete with his 2007 season, because I don't think it is possible.

  • Zombo said:

    Sure, if he wins 10 of his next 15.

    Zombo

    --I didn't set the bar, Derek did.

    Derek set the bar @ 1-13 vs playoff teams and 3-9 in the AFCN, too. So I wouldn't be so sure the bar Derek set is the one we should go with.

  • Zombo said:

    Sure, if he wins 10 of his next 15.

    Zombo

    --I didn't set the bar, Derek did.

    Derek set the bar @ 1-13 vs playoff teams and 3-9 in the AFCN, too. So I wouldn't be so sure the bar Derek set is the one we should go with.

    @vegasdogg said:

    Derek set the bar @ 1-13 vs playoff teams and 3-9 in the AFCN, too. So I wouldn't be so sure the bar Derek set is the one we should go with.

    Anderson is 4-7 vs the AFCN (and if you think that sucks remember its the best record of any browns QB since the return)

    Also he beat the NFC West champ Seahawks in 2007 and the NFC North champ Giants in 2008 so your playoff record is bullshit too.

  • @vegasdogg said:

    Derek set the bar @ 1-13 vs playoff teams and 3-9 in the AFCN, too. So I wouldn't be so sure the bar Derek set is the one we should go with.

    Anderson is 4-7 vs the AFCN (and if you think that sucks remember its the best record of any browns QB since the return)

    Also he beat the NFC West champ Seahawks in 2007 and the NFC North champ Giants in 2008 so your playoff record is bullshit too.

    @lumbergh said:

    Anderson is 4-7 vs the AFCN (and if you think that sucks remember its the best record of any browns QB since the return)

    Also he beat the NFC West champ Seahawks in 2007 and the NFC North champ Giants in 2008 so your playoff record is bullshit too.

    You are correct. Holy shit, you actually made a point using stats!!!! I am so fooking proud right now.

    Folks he is 4-7 in the AFCN, and 3-11 vs playoffs teams. Lets give a big round of applause to Dumnuts for joining the real world of facts and analysis.

    But I wonder Dumnuts, what do you have to say about his 140 YPG avg in 6 of 9 starts last season? What was the reason for that anomaly?

    You always seem to avoid those numbers, but we're making progress here, so don't run and hide.

  • Pussy hiding mofo. Atenears just cannot keep up shuffling back and forth.

  • Sorry I'm late opening this thread ... just feared another feel-good story, and I just ate lunch.

    If Quinn has a real good game Sunday, what will I do?

    First of all, I'll be watching the scoreboard to see if the Browns are on the winning end, of course. Afterall, that's the really important part of the equation.

    If Quinn plays well in addition, I'll toss'em a golf clap and then push on to week #3.

    @atenears said:

    Sorry I'm late opening this thread ... just feared another feel-good story, and I just ate lunch.

    If Quinn has a real good game Sunday, what will I do?

    First of all, I'll be watching the scoreboard to see if the Browns are on the winning end, of course. Afterall, that's the really important part of the equation.

    If Quinn plays well in addition, I'll toss'em a golf clap and then push on to week #3.

    Thanks, LUM 🤔

  • @shepwrite said:

    Seriously. Quinn threw ONE pick on a miscommunication.

    FYI, quarterbacks are responsible for communicating with their WRs.

    @lumbergh said:

    FYI, quarterbacks are responsible for communicating with their WRs.

    Like DA has????? 🙄

  • Zombo said:

    He's all talk, Hag2 has her hands so firmly around his balls that's the real reason for the lobster look.

    Zombo

    --bonked?

    The lobster look is because he's sweating and thinking..."oh god I hope my wife doesn't walk in and see me taking this picture".

    Also..she doesnt have her hands on his balls...she carries them around in her purse.....

  • @lumbergh said:

    Anderson is 4-7 vs the AFCN (and if you think that sucks remember its the best record of any browns QB since the return)

    Also he beat the NFC West champ Seahawks in 2007 and the NFC North champ Giants in 2008 so your playoff record is bullshit too.

    You are correct. Holy shit, you actually made a point using stats!!!! I am so fooking proud right now.

    Folks he is 4-7 in the AFCN, and 3-11 vs playoffs teams. Lets give a big round of applause to Dumnuts for joining the real world of facts and analysis.

    But I wonder Dumnuts, what do you have to say about his 140 YPG avg in 6 of 9 starts last season? What was the reason for that anomaly?

    You always seem to avoid those numbers, but we're making progress here, so don't run and hide.

    @vegasdogg said:

    You are correct. Holy shit, you actually made a point using stats!!!! I am so fooking proud right now.

    Folks he is 4-7 in the AFCN, and 3-11 vs playoffs teams. Lets give a big round of applause to Dumnuts for joining the real world of facts and analysis.

    But I wonder Dumnuts, what do you have to say about his 140 YPG avg in 6 of 9 starts last season? What was the reason for that anomaly?

    You always seem to avoid those numbers, but we're making progress here, so don't run and hide.

    Of course even when Lum makes a point he manages to show his genius such as this gem in his post "the NFC North champ Giants"

  • All I can remember at the end of DA's "great season" was realizing that all he was doing was throwing it deep and hoping someone on the same team managed to get under it. Thats pretty much what happened if you recall all the circus catches...my personal favorite was BE laying out and having to ROLL 6 yds to get into the endzone. Nevermind the fact he was 10 yards behind the nearest defender...that just shows DA's accuracy issue there. At the end of that season, I was praying the browns moved him in the off season and got something out of him before people realized he wasn't really anything special...which the rest of the world did the following season as he showed really just how average he was.

  • @shepwrite said:

    Still the funniest, most ironic thread title: "Brady Quinn Sucks and Always Has! Put Anderson Back In!"

    you seem pretty upset by it.

    hey how come no recap of Lane Adkins' QB breakdown this week? (maybe it wasn't what you wanted to hear???)

    @lumbergh said:

    you seem pretty upset by it.

    hey how come no recap of Lane Adkins' QB breakdown this week? (maybe it wasn't what you wanted to hear???)

    keep fukcing that chicken

  • QUOTE (ATENEARS @ Sep 17 2009, 11:40 AM)

    13-14 for a career with 45 TD's and 35 INT's

    By the way, he is 13-15, with 43 TDs and 40 turnovers, and a QBR under 70. I truly don't think that is horrible.

    @vegasdogg said:

    By the way, he is 13-15, with 43 TDs and 40 turnovers, and a QBR under 70. I truly don't think that is horrible.

    Just out of curiosity, how'd you come up with 13-15? Add in that first Charlie Frye loss of '07? If you are going to do that you probably should add his very first NFL game into the win column to be fair, in fact, he inherited a losing game in both instances but was able to pretty much on his own (at least that's how the local and national media painted it at the time) turn one of them to a win.

  • @ballpeen said:

    I keep saying it and will as long as it looms....70% of snaps...if BQ hasn't taken off and shows he is the guy, i don't want him getting that 70% and jacking his salary to elite status.

    Am I the only person who feels this way??

    Jealous much?

    I don't care if they pay him that money or not. It's not MY money; if Lerner wants to throw it away, go ahead.

    Anderson cashed in on handful of good starts, as did half the people who came through this org in the past few years. Why not add him to that list.

    @lemosley01 said:

    Jealous much?

    I don't care if they pay him that money or not. It's not MY money; if Lerner wants to throw it away, go ahead.

    Anderson cashed in on handful of good starts, as did half the people who came through this org in the past few years. Why not add him to that list.

    because it isn't just a couple MIL we're talking about here.

    i'm assuming you aren't familiar with the specifics of the 70% of snaps Lem. this isn't just some bonus, it's three years of back pay with future escalators guaranteeing he'll have been paid similarly to a QB on a franchise tag since the day he stepped into the league and well into the future. would you give him 2 years of Tom Brady money for 3 starts? then continue to pay him like that sitting on the bench if he later ends up NOT being the guy? it's a little more than wasting Lerner's money>>>it would affect the cap and the entire shape of the team for years to come.

    if he deserves it>>>fine. if not, getting those 70% will be worse for the team than you can possibly imagine.

  • @vegasdogg said:

    By the way, he is 13-15, with 43 TDs and 40 turnovers, and a QBR under 70. I truly don't think that is horrible.

    Just out of curiosity, how'd you come up with 13-15? Add in that first Charlie Frye loss of '07? If you are going to do that you probably should add his very first NFL game into the win column to be fair, in fact, he inherited a losing game in both instances but was able to pretty much on his own (at least that's how the local and national media painted it at the time) turn one of them to a win.

    @drunkandstoopid said:

    Just out of curiosity, how'd you come up with 13-15? .

    Yeah, I didn't expect anyone to call me on the 140 yds per game in 6 of 9 last season.

    I didn't expect anyone to call me on the 40 turnovers in 27 games.

    I didn't expect anyone to call me on the 3-11 record vs playoff teams.

    You want to know how I came up with 13-15? Count it and prove me wrong.

  • @drunkandstoopid said:

    Just out of curiosity, how'd you come up with 13-15? .

    Yeah, I didn't expect anyone to call me on the 140 yds per game in 6 of 9 last season.

    I didn't expect anyone to call me on the 40 turnovers in 27 games.

    I didn't expect anyone to call me on the 3-11 record vs playoff teams.

    You want to know how I came up with 13-15? Count it and prove me wrong.

    @vegasdogg said:

    Yeah, I didn't expect anyone to call me on the 140 yds per game in 6 of 9 last season.

    I didn't expect anyone to call me on the 40 turnovers in 27 games.

    I didn't expect anyone to call me on the 3-11 record vs playoff teams.

    You want to know how I came up with 13-15? Count it and prove me wrong.

    me tinks i knows

    It's also sweet how drunky gives credit to DA for the KC game.

  • Violets are blue, and roses are red

    Can we all "Rodney King it"

    and put this QB shit to bed?

    Ponder this...I hate the Broncos nearly as much as I hate the Steelers. Can the BROWNS beat their asses already (5-20 all time)?

    @bob806 said:

    Violets are blue, and roses are red

    Can we all "Rodney King it"

    and put this QB shit to bed?

    Ponder this...I hate the Broncos nearly as much as I hate the Steelers. Can the BROWNS beat their asses already (5-20 all time)?

    No...we almost never beat Denver..I expect we won't on Sunday as well.

  • @ballpeen said:

    I keep saying it and will as long as it looms....70% of snaps...if BQ hasn't taken off and shows he is the guy, i don't want him getting that 70% and jacking his salary to elite status.

    Am I the only person who feels this way??

    I really don't give a crap as a fan if he makes the 70% mark or not. Maybe it will knock some common sense into the organization and stop sitting 1rd picks on the bench for years while a sixth rounder blows chunks.

    @hammertime said:

    I really don't give a crap as a fan if he makes the 70% mark or not. Maybe it will knock some common sense into the organization and stop sitting 1rd picks on the bench for years while a sixth rounder blows chunks.

    smartest thing ive read al day, we handled BQ terribly, he should have started his rookie season, even though he was late to camp, he scored more than Frye and DA then. Plus he had all the confidence in the world

  • @drunkandstoopid said:

    Just out of curiosity, how'd you come up with 13-15? .

    Yeah, I didn't expect anyone to call me on the 140 yds per game in 6 of 9 last season.

    I didn't expect anyone to call me on the 40 turnovers in 27 games.

    I didn't expect anyone to call me on the 3-11 record vs playoff teams.

    You want to know how I came up with 13-15? Count it and prove me wrong.

    @vegasdogg said:

    You want to know how I came up with 13-15?

    yeah I'd like to know.

    did you make it up?