Skip to content

Ponder this...

The Browns Board
83 26 4.7k
  • @ballpeen said:

    I keep saying it and will as long as it looms....70% of snaps...if BQ hasn't taken off and shows he is the guy, i don't want him getting that 70% and jacking his salary to elite status.

    Am I the only person who feels this way??

    Jealous much?

    I don't care if they pay him that money or not. It's not MY money; if Lerner wants to throw it away, go ahead.

    Anderson cashed in on handful of good starts, as did half the people who came through this org in the past few years. Why not add him to that list.

    @lemosley01 said:

    Jealous much?

    I don't care if they pay him that money or not. It's not MY money; if Lerner wants to throw it away, go ahead.

    Anderson cashed in on handful of good starts, as did half the people who came through this org in the past few years. Why not add him to that list.

    because it isn't just a couple MIL we're talking about here.

    i'm assuming you aren't familiar with the specifics of the 70% of snaps Lem. this isn't just some bonus, it's three years of back pay with future escalators guaranteeing he'll have been paid similarly to a QB on a franchise tag since the day he stepped into the league and well into the future. would you give him 2 years of Tom Brady money for 3 starts? then continue to pay him like that sitting on the bench if he later ends up NOT being the guy? it's a little more than wasting Lerner's money>>>it would affect the cap and the entire shape of the team for years to come.

    if he deserves it>>>fine. if not, getting those 70% will be worse for the team than you can possibly imagine.

  • @vegasdogg said:

    By the way, he is 13-15, with 43 TDs and 40 turnovers, and a QBR under 70. I truly don't think that is horrible.

    Just out of curiosity, how'd you come up with 13-15? Add in that first Charlie Frye loss of '07? If you are going to do that you probably should add his very first NFL game into the win column to be fair, in fact, he inherited a losing game in both instances but was able to pretty much on his own (at least that's how the local and national media painted it at the time) turn one of them to a win.

    @drunkandstoopid said:

    Just out of curiosity, how'd you come up with 13-15? .

    Yeah, I didn't expect anyone to call me on the 140 yds per game in 6 of 9 last season.

    I didn't expect anyone to call me on the 40 turnovers in 27 games.

    I didn't expect anyone to call me on the 3-11 record vs playoff teams.

    You want to know how I came up with 13-15? Count it and prove me wrong.

  • @drunkandstoopid said:

    Just out of curiosity, how'd you come up with 13-15? .

    Yeah, I didn't expect anyone to call me on the 140 yds per game in 6 of 9 last season.

    I didn't expect anyone to call me on the 40 turnovers in 27 games.

    I didn't expect anyone to call me on the 3-11 record vs playoff teams.

    You want to know how I came up with 13-15? Count it and prove me wrong.

    @vegasdogg said:

    Yeah, I didn't expect anyone to call me on the 140 yds per game in 6 of 9 last season.

    I didn't expect anyone to call me on the 40 turnovers in 27 games.

    I didn't expect anyone to call me on the 3-11 record vs playoff teams.

    You want to know how I came up with 13-15? Count it and prove me wrong.

    me tinks i knows

    It's also sweet how drunky gives credit to DA for the KC game.

  • Violets are blue, and roses are red

    Can we all "Rodney King it"

    and put this QB shit to bed?

    Ponder this...I hate the Broncos nearly as much as I hate the Steelers. Can the BROWNS beat their asses already (5-20 all time)?

    @bob806 said:

    Violets are blue, and roses are red

    Can we all "Rodney King it"

    and put this QB shit to bed?

    Ponder this...I hate the Broncos nearly as much as I hate the Steelers. Can the BROWNS beat their asses already (5-20 all time)?

    No...we almost never beat Denver..I expect we won't on Sunday as well.

  • @ballpeen said:

    I keep saying it and will as long as it looms....70% of snaps...if BQ hasn't taken off and shows he is the guy, i don't want him getting that 70% and jacking his salary to elite status.

    Am I the only person who feels this way??

    I really don't give a crap as a fan if he makes the 70% mark or not. Maybe it will knock some common sense into the organization and stop sitting 1rd picks on the bench for years while a sixth rounder blows chunks.

    @hammertime said:

    I really don't give a crap as a fan if he makes the 70% mark or not. Maybe it will knock some common sense into the organization and stop sitting 1rd picks on the bench for years while a sixth rounder blows chunks.

    smartest thing ive read al day, we handled BQ terribly, he should have started his rookie season, even though he was late to camp, he scored more than Frye and DA then. Plus he had all the confidence in the world

  • @drunkandstoopid said:

    Just out of curiosity, how'd you come up with 13-15? .

    Yeah, I didn't expect anyone to call me on the 140 yds per game in 6 of 9 last season.

    I didn't expect anyone to call me on the 40 turnovers in 27 games.

    I didn't expect anyone to call me on the 3-11 record vs playoff teams.

    You want to know how I came up with 13-15? Count it and prove me wrong.

    @vegasdogg said:

    You want to know how I came up with 13-15?

    yeah I'd like to know.

    did you make it up?

  • @shepwrite said:

    Let's say it's the same situation: Quinn gets, what? 24 more starts?

    Fair enough.

    No, shep, it's not okay. He's too good looking. He might have me questioning my sexuality after 24 starts. No, shep, we need to nip this plague in the bud lest we revert to the evils of Sodom and Gomorrah.

    But if he does continue starting, I can at least call his supporters gay. That makes me straight.

  • Zombo said:

    Why not?

    Zombo

    I'd say for starters the situation is not the same (different schedule, different roster, different coaching staff, etc.).

  • Zombo said:

    Different in that the schedule is harder, the roster is not as good, the coaching staff is not capable enough? .... why can't Quinn do what Anderson did in 07?

    Zombo

    Because Mangini is a more balanced, run oriented, methodical, "it's a process" type coach. He is not asking his QB to toss it up as much. Different offense, different TE, different players.

  • Zombo said:

    Different in that the schedule is harder, the roster is not as good, the coaching staff is not capable enough? .... why can't Quinn do what Anderson did in 07?

    Zombo

    Because Mangini is a more balanced, run oriented, methodical, "it's a process" type coach. He is not asking his QB to toss it up as much. Different offense, different TE, different players.

    @vegasdogg said:

    He is not asking his QB to toss it up as much.

    he's an "it's a process" coach? And that means......?

    The coach is methodical? As opposed to......?

    The offense is run oriented and at the same time is balanced?

    Nice analysis dipshit.

    BTW Quinn threw it 35 times on Sunday. There were 20 runs.

  • @vegasdogg said:

    He is not asking his QB to toss it up as much.

    he's an "it's a process" coach? And that means......?

    The coach is methodical? As opposed to......?

    The offense is run oriented and at the same time is balanced?

    Nice analysis dipshit.

    BTW Quinn threw it 35 times on Sunday. There were 20 runs.

    @lumbergh said:

    he's an "it's a process" coach?

    The offense is run oriented and at the same time is balanced?

    Nice analysis dipshit.

    BTW Quinn threw it 35 times on Sunday.

    21 of those were in the 4th Q....dipshit.

    He had only 11 passes in the first half, and 14 by the end of the 3rd...that is balanced...but leaning towards the run....dipshit.

    Oh well...there I go feeding the animals again.

  • Zombo said:

    Different in that the schedule is harder, the roster is not as good, the coaching staff is not capable enough? .... why can't Quinn do what Anderson did in 07?

    Zombo

    Different schedule (on paper it is harder than the 2007 schedule, but really won't know until the games are played).

    I would say the offensive weapons are not as good this year (2yr older Lewis, no Winslow, an no JJ). But again, that's just on paper today.

    This coaching staff has a different offensive philosophy than the previous (ball/clock control offense vs. a spread score quick offense).

    Quinn doesn't have the arm DA has to surprise teams the first time they see him w/ little film to go off of.

    Asking why X player can't do what Y player did is always a slippery slope. Every season and every circumstance is different. There is a reason for the saying of "on any given Sunday"....

  • @vegasdogg said:

    You want to know how I came up with 13-15?

    yeah I'd like to know.

    did you make it up?

    @lumbergh said:

    yeah I'd like to know.

    did you make it up?

    He was 0-3 in 2006, 10-5 in 2007, and 3-7 in 2008.

    2006

    13 12/03 KC W 31-28 1 0 12 21 57.1 171 8.1 2 1 1 5 95.5 2 44 22.0 0 -- -- 1-0

    14 12/07 @ PIT L 7-27 1 1 21 37 56.8 276 7.5 1 1 0 0 78.2 1 4 4.0 0 1 1 1-1

    15 12/17 @ BAL L 17-27 1 1 23 32 71.9 223 7.0 2 2 5 41 85.8 -- -- -- -- 1 0 1-2

    16 12/24 TB L 7-22 1 1 10 27 37.0 123 4.6 0 4 2 20 12.3 1 -1 -1.0 0 -- -- 1-3

    2007

    1 09/09 PIT L 7-34 1 0 13 28 46.4 184 6.6 1 1 1 12 65.2 1 -1 -1.0 0 1 1

    2 09/16 CIN W 51-45 1 1 20 33 60.6 328 9.9 5 1 0 0 121.0 1 -1 -1.0 0 1 0

    3 09/23 @ OAK L 24-26 1 1 18 37 48.6 248 6.7 1 2 1 24 57.0 2 12 6.0 1 1 0

    4 09/30 BAL W 27-13 1 1 10 18 55.6 204 11.3 2 1 0 0 109.5 3 0 0.0 0 -- --

    5 10/07 @ NE L 17-34 1 1 22 43 51.2 287 6.7 2 3 3 26 59.0 3 7 2.3 0 -- --

    6 10/14 MIA W 41-31 1 1 18 25 72.0 245 9.8 3 0 1 1 142.5 5 13 2.6 1 -- --

    7 Bye -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 0.0 -- -- -- -- -- --

    8 10/28 @ STL W 27-20 1 1 18 25 72.0 248 9.9 3 0 2 12 143.0 1 -1 -1.0 0 -- --

    9 11/04 SEA W 33-30 1 1 29 48 60.4 364 7.6 0 1 0 0 75.3 2 21 10.5 0 -- --

    10 11/11 @ PIT L 28-31 1 1 16 35 45.7 123 3.5 3 0 0 0 83.4 2 5 2.5 0 -- --

    11 11/18 @ BAL W 33-30 1 1 24 38 63.2 274 7.2 0 1 1 5 73.8 4 -4 -1.0 1 -- --

    12 11/25 HOU W 27-17 1 1 24 35 68.6 253 7.2 2 1 1 4 96.5 -- -- -- -- 1 0

    13 12/02 @ ARI L 21-27 1 1 21 41 51.2 304 7.4 2 2 1 9 71.6 2 10 5.0 0 1 1

    14 12/09 @ NYJ W 24-18 1 1 16 29 55.2 185 6.4 2 1 0 0 83.3 3 3 1.0 0 -- --

    15 12/16 BUF W 8-0 1 1 9 24 37.5 137 5.7 0 0 1 7 57.1 1 0 0.0 0 -- --

    16 12/23 @ CIN L 14-19 1 1 29 48 60.4 251 5.2 2 4 1 7 53.4 1 6 6.0 0 -- --

    17 12/30 SF W 20-7 1 1 11 20 55.0 152 7.6 1 1 1 2 75.4 1 0 0.0 0 -- --

    2008

    1 09/07 DAL L 10-28 1 1 11 24 45.8 114 4.8 1 0 1 0 74.0 4 24 6.0 0 2 0

    2 09/14 PIT L 6-10 1 1 18 32 56.3 166 5.2 0 2 2 11 44.5 3 6 2.0 0 -- --

    3 09/21 @ BAL L 10-28 1 1 14 37 37.8 125 3.4 1 3 4 26 22.9 2 -1 -0.5 0 1 0

    4 09/28 @ CIN W 20-12 1 1 15 24 62.5 138 5.8 1 1 1 11 74.7 4 11 2.8 0 1 0

    5 Bye -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 0.0 -- -- -- -- -- --

    6 10/13 NYG W 35-14 1 1 18 29 62.1 310 10.7 2 0 0 0 121.3 4 -2 -0.5 0 1 0

    7 10/19 @ WAS L 11-14 1 1 14 37 37.8 136 3.7 1 0 1 2 57.9 3 4 1.3 0 1 0

    8 10/26 @ JAC W 23-17 1 1 14 27 51.9 246 9.1 1 0 1 10 95.6 -- -- -- -- 1 0

    9 11/02 BAL L 27-37 1 1 17 33 51.5 219 6.6 2 1 1 9 80.2 2 8 4.0 0 -- --

    10 11/06 DEN L 30-34 0 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 0.0 -- -- -- -- -- --

    11 11/17 @ BUF W 29-27 0 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 0.0 -- -- -- -- -- --

    12 11/23 HOU L 6-16 1 0 5 14 35.7 51 3.6 0 1 0 0 17.3 1 0 0.0 0 1 1

    13 11/30 IND L 6-10 1 1 16 26 61.5 110 4.2 0 0 3 18 71.0 2 5 2.5 0 1 1

  • @lumbergh said:

    yeah I'd like to know.

    did you make it up?

    He was 0-3 in 2006, 10-5 in 2007, and 3-7 in 2008.

    2006

    13 12/03 KC W 31-28 1 0 12 21 57.1 171 8.1 2 1 1 5 95.5 2 44 22.0 0 -- -- 1-0

    14 12/07 @ PIT L 7-27 1 1 21 37 56.8 276 7.5 1 1 0 0 78.2 1 4 4.0 0 1 1 1-1

    15 12/17 @ BAL L 17-27 1 1 23 32 71.9 223 7.0 2 2 5 41 85.8 -- -- -- -- 1 0 1-2

    16 12/24 TB L 7-22 1 1 10 27 37.0 123 4.6 0 4 2 20 12.3 1 -1 -1.0 0 -- -- 1-3

    2007

    1 09/09 PIT L 7-34 1 0 13 28 46.4 184 6.6 1 1 1 12 65.2 1 -1 -1.0 0 1 1

    2 09/16 CIN W 51-45 1 1 20 33 60.6 328 9.9 5 1 0 0 121.0 1 -1 -1.0 0 1 0

    3 09/23 @ OAK L 24-26 1 1 18 37 48.6 248 6.7 1 2 1 24 57.0 2 12 6.0 1 1 0

    4 09/30 BAL W 27-13 1 1 10 18 55.6 204 11.3 2 1 0 0 109.5 3 0 0.0 0 -- --

    5 10/07 @ NE L 17-34 1 1 22 43 51.2 287 6.7 2 3 3 26 59.0 3 7 2.3 0 -- --

    6 10/14 MIA W 41-31 1 1 18 25 72.0 245 9.8 3 0 1 1 142.5 5 13 2.6 1 -- --

    7 Bye -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 0.0 -- -- -- -- -- --

    8 10/28 @ STL W 27-20 1 1 18 25 72.0 248 9.9 3 0 2 12 143.0 1 -1 -1.0 0 -- --

    9 11/04 SEA W 33-30 1 1 29 48 60.4 364 7.6 0 1 0 0 75.3 2 21 10.5 0 -- --

    10 11/11 @ PIT L 28-31 1 1 16 35 45.7 123 3.5 3 0 0 0 83.4 2 5 2.5 0 -- --

    11 11/18 @ BAL W 33-30 1 1 24 38 63.2 274 7.2 0 1 1 5 73.8 4 -4 -1.0 1 -- --

    12 11/25 HOU W 27-17 1 1 24 35 68.6 253 7.2 2 1 1 4 96.5 -- -- -- -- 1 0

    13 12/02 @ ARI L 21-27 1 1 21 41 51.2 304 7.4 2 2 1 9 71.6 2 10 5.0 0 1 1

    14 12/09 @ NYJ W 24-18 1 1 16 29 55.2 185 6.4 2 1 0 0 83.3 3 3 1.0 0 -- --

    15 12/16 BUF W 8-0 1 1 9 24 37.5 137 5.7 0 0 1 7 57.1 1 0 0.0 0 -- --

    16 12/23 @ CIN L 14-19 1 1 29 48 60.4 251 5.2 2 4 1 7 53.4 1 6 6.0 0 -- --

    17 12/30 SF W 20-7 1 1 11 20 55.0 152 7.6 1 1 1 2 75.4 1 0 0.0 0 -- --

    2008

    1 09/07 DAL L 10-28 1 1 11 24 45.8 114 4.8 1 0 1 0 74.0 4 24 6.0 0 2 0

    2 09/14 PIT L 6-10 1 1 18 32 56.3 166 5.2 0 2 2 11 44.5 3 6 2.0 0 -- --

    3 09/21 @ BAL L 10-28 1 1 14 37 37.8 125 3.4 1 3 4 26 22.9 2 -1 -0.5 0 1 0

    4 09/28 @ CIN W 20-12 1 1 15 24 62.5 138 5.8 1 1 1 11 74.7 4 11 2.8 0 1 0

    5 Bye -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 0.0 -- -- -- -- -- --

    6 10/13 NYG W 35-14 1 1 18 29 62.1 310 10.7 2 0 0 0 121.3 4 -2 -0.5 0 1 0

    7 10/19 @ WAS L 11-14 1 1 14 37 37.8 136 3.7 1 0 1 2 57.9 3 4 1.3 0 1 0

    8 10/26 @ JAC W 23-17 1 1 14 27 51.9 246 9.1 1 0 1 10 95.6 -- -- -- -- 1 0

    9 11/02 BAL L 27-37 1 1 17 33 51.5 219 6.6 2 1 1 9 80.2 2 8 4.0 0 -- --

    10 11/06 DEN L 30-34 0 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 0.0 -- -- -- -- -- --

    11 11/17 @ BUF W 29-27 0 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 0.0 -- -- -- -- -- --

    12 11/23 HOU L 6-16 1 0 5 14 35.7 51 3.6 0 1 0 0 17.3 1 0 0.0 0 1 1

    13 11/30 IND L 6-10 1 1 16 26 61.5 110 4.2 0 0 3 18 71.0 2 5 2.5 0 1 1

    @vegasdogg said:

    He was 0-3 in 2006, 10-5 in 2007, and 3-7 in 2008.

    I see where you F'd it up.

    He was 3-6 in 2008, not 3-7.

    now run along son. fetch me my morning coffee.

  • @vegasdogg said:

    He was 0-3 in 2006, 10-5 in 2007, and 3-7 in 2008.

    I see where you F'd it up.

    He was 3-6 in 2008, not 3-7.

    now run along son. fetch me my morning coffee.

    @lumbergh said:

    He was 3-6 in 2008, not 3-7.

    Yeah, he was 5-14 for 51 yards, 1INT and 1 FUMBLE, with a 17.3 QBR vs HOU. I wouldn't want to count that game either.

    NFL.com offically lists his wins and losses for 2008 @ 3-7, so eat a dick.

    Splits By Wins/Losses G Att Comp Pct Yds Avg Lng TD Int 1st 1st% 20+ Sck SckY Rate

    Losses 7 203 95 46.8 921 4.5 28 5 7 53 26.1 7 12 66 53.8

    Wins 3 80 47 58.8 694 8.7 70 4 1 29 36.2 9 2 21 98.6

    L I N K

  • @lumbergh said:

    He was 3-6 in 2008, not 3-7.

    Yeah, he was 5-14 for 51 yards, 1INT and 1 FUMBLE, with a 17.3 QBR vs HOU. I wouldn't want to count that game either.

    NFL.com offically lists his wins and losses for 2008 @ 3-7, so eat a dick.

    Splits By Wins/Losses G Att Comp Pct Yds Avg Lng TD Int 1st 1st% 20+ Sck SckY Rate

    Losses 7 203 95 46.8 921 4.5 28 5 7 53 26.1 7 12 66 53.8

    Wins 3 80 47 58.8 694 8.7 70 4 1 29 36.2 9 2 21 98.6

    L I N K

    @vegasdogg said:

    NFL.com offically lists his wins and losses for 2008 @ 3-7, so eat a dick.

    yeah NFL.com doesn't do it by starts. They list all career games, and somehow you came up with 28?

    FYI they also put the KC win in there in 2006 (yet you didn't???)

    now go fetch me that coffee.

  • I have not seen many people call for BQ to benched. Because you attack his poor performance in the last game does not mean you want him benched. At least at this time.

    I have not seen anybody but lum that says bench BQ now. I have seen several people (me included) that have said that BQ played a really bad game and have just refuted the notion that he played a C game and not a D game. I had said that he played horrible, but it was pointed out that he did not play Cutler horrible so I did change my mind to make my grade a D and not an F.

    BQ's overall stat line was a D+ or C - (and if you want to know both BQ and DA got a D+ last year from me) but considering how bad it was before the Vikings started playing prevent defense I will stick with my D rating. I said on another post that it was one game, you can not judge anybody on one game. I do want to see if BQ can string together a few games together.

    It seems to me that if a person says BQ played poorly and calls him dink and dunk (which he did do that one game) that you think they are calling for DA. At this time this is not about DA, because he is not the starter. It is all about BQs performance. And last game he played BAD, he did not help the team in anyway. That does not mean that is who he is, it just means he played a bad game.

    He is hoping that BQ plays much better this week against Denver. Oh and on a side note if BQ does not play well then is it because of the vastly improved Denver defense? I for one will come in and say BQ had a good game if I think he did. It is on to start number 5 comparison.

  • @inspecta said:

    Jesus you've turned into a pathetic individual.

    Turned into? 😳

  • I have not seen many people call for BQ to benched. Because you attack his poor performance in the last game does not mean you want him benched. At least at this time.

    I have not seen anybody but lum that says bench BQ now. I have seen several people (me included) that have said that BQ played a really bad game and have just refuted the notion that he played a C game and not a D game. I had said that he played horrible, but it was pointed out that he did not play Cutler horrible so I did change my mind to make my grade a D and not an F.

    BQ's overall stat line was a D+ or C - (and if you want to know both BQ and DA got a D+ last year from me) but considering how bad it was before the Vikings started playing prevent defense I will stick with my D rating. I said on another post that it was one game, you can not judge anybody on one game. I do want to see if BQ can string together a few games together.

    It seems to me that if a person says BQ played poorly and calls him dink and dunk (which he did do that one game) that you think they are calling for DA. At this time this is not about DA, because he is not the starter. It is all about BQs performance. And last game he played BAD, he did not help the team in anyway. That does not mean that is who he is, it just means he played a bad game.

    He is hoping that BQ plays much better this week against Denver. Oh and on a side note if BQ does not play well then is it because of the vastly improved Denver defense? I for one will come in and say BQ had a good game if I think he did. It is on to start number 5 comparison.

    @cmac12 said:

    Because you attack his poor performance in the last game does not mean you want him benched. At least at this time.

    I have not seen anybody but lum that says bench BQ now.

    No I don't think he should be benched yet. Let BQ Nation get the Bernie Kosar reminiscing out of their system. (however it may not take too long at the current pace)

    Then when the real QB of this team comes in, BQ Nation will be over it so they won't boo and chant for their Brady-pie all game long.

  • @inspecta said:

    Ohhh lumnuts.....now your only line of defense is telling people to fetch you coffee?

    that's for vegas.

    my request to you was to google the words dink, dunk, and quinn

    did you do it yet?