Skip to content

●  ?  NFL  - WEEK 1 -  9/8   ■  DAL 33 -vs- CLE 17  ■  4:25 pm ● GAME  THREAD  ●  <--▪︎  IT'S OVER  <--▪︎

The Browns Board
264 30 6.6k 1
  • AxeA Axe

    I wonder if i can get my money back from Sunday ticket 😉

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @axe said:

    I wonder if i can get my money back from Sunday ticket 😉

    Buyer beware? ?

  • Just keep everyone healthy at this point.  We clearly aren’t ready for week 1 

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Just keep everyone healthy at this point.  We clearly aren’t ready for week 1 

    Yep. This new school way of managing starters in pre-season makes zero sense to me. This team looks like it's their first outing in, you guessed it, pre-season. Pretty pathetic. 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    Time to mow the yard ?   Hey,  maybe one of those  FAN-TASTIC FINISH GAMES ?

  • DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1 wrote on last edited by

    What a lousy fucking game.  Watson looks like shit, as does the whole team.  Not again.  Please.

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    THIS is expansion  bad, I mean fuck

  • @jrb12711 said:

    I think most people logically get that , but not when the guy you’re leaving unblocked will be the hugest paid defensive end next year. To not assume parsons to make a play there is just very wonky to me. 

    You're assuming the Browns will know exactly where he's going to line up pre-snap?  Dude has played multiple times on the left, right and over the center this game alone.  

    If he's played 6 snaps on the left, so I set some kind of quick hitting combo to the right, then he ends up moving to the right side... Well ... I have one hell of a problem checking to a completely new play and formation on third down in less than 17 seconds. 

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    You're assuming the Browns will know exactly where he's going to line up pre-snap?  Dude has played multiple times on the left, right and over the center this game alone.  

    If he's played 6 snaps on the left, so I set some kind of quick hitting combo to the right, then he ends up moving to the right side... Well ... I have one hell of a problem checking to a completely new play and formation on third down in less than 17 seconds. 

    So the play they ran has only 1 option? Doesn’t seem like a good plan

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Just curious, but did Dallas play their starters in the preseason?

    I have a feeling they probably didn't either... which makes our situation even worse. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    You're assuming the Browns will know exactly where he's going to line up pre-snap?  Dude has played multiple times on the left, right and over the center this game alone.  

    If he's played 6 snaps on the left, so I set some kind of quick hitting combo to the right, then he ends up moving to the right side... Well ... I have one hell of a problem checking to a completely new play and formation on third down in less than 17 seconds. 

    So the play they ran has only 1 option? Doesn’t seem like a good plan

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @browns149 said:

    So the play they ran has only 1 option? Doesn’t seem like a good plan

    .....That's not at all what I'm saying.

       I'll try working on this and answering another time.  I'll post it elsewhere and link it to the board. 

  • tinythinkerT tinythinker wrote on last edited by

    I thought I heard one first down in the first half... is my hearing bad or was that right?

  • PackerNationP PackerNation wrote on last edited by

    Look on the bright side, Stefanski most likely will be fired by week 11.

  • I thought I heard one first down in the first half... is my hearing bad or was that right?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @tinythinker said:

    I thought I heard one first down in the first half... is my hearing bad or was that right?

    That would be correct. 

    Completely manhandled. 

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by

    Thankfully they didn’t resign Flacco because the stadium would have been erupting his name after the first drive.

    what a joke 

  • @jrb12711 said:

    I think most people logically get that , but not when the guy you’re leaving unblocked will be the hugest paid defensive end next year. To not assume parsons to make a play there is just very wonky to me. 

    You're assuming the Browns will know exactly where he's going to line up pre-snap?  Dude has played multiple times on the left, right and over the center this game alone.  

    If he's played 6 snaps on the left, so I set some kind of quick hitting combo to the right, then he ends up moving to the right side... Well ... I have one hell of a problem checking to a completely new play and formation on third down in less than 17 seconds. 

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    You're assuming the Browns will know exactly where he's going to line up pre-snap?  Dude has played multiple times on the left, right and over the center this game alone.  

    If he's played 6 snaps on the left, so I set some kind of quick hitting combo to the right, then he ends up moving to the right side... Well ... I have one hell of a problem checking to a completely new play and formation on third down in less than 17 seconds. 

    Maybe, but maybe I’m also expecting a man you gave $230 million to see that with +/- 20 seconds on the clock to read that and react accordingly. If that level of QB and coaching doesn’t have an option B, it alludes strongly to the reality of keeping it simple for a QB who just isn’t ever going to put it together. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Remember after the fun 2007 season, where the Browns went 10-6 and started the 2008 season at home vs the Cowboys?

    That one didn't go well either. 

  • tinythinkerT tinythinker wrote on last edited by tinythinker

    Uhh... a sack ending Browns drive into a return for TD by Cowboys to start the second half is not the worst possible thing... technically.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    So... who doe everyone like for the Browns first round pick this season? ?

  • D Dste Ace wrote on last edited by

    First verse

    Same as first

    Should be better

    But it's gonna be worse...

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    Meanwhile  LAD 2   CLE 0   bottom 8th  in rubber match  1 out.    Now  LAD now 4    CLE 0 ....  CLE one more  AB.   Top 9.

    Misery loves company. ....  I've heard.

    Dodger bleachers are empty. ..too hot  has been all game..   ( Oh I surf during  TV commercials. )

    ▪︎-----▪︎

    BROWNS TD !    27-10.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Great drive, much better, stronger passes.

    Jeudy with his first Browns touchdown. 

  • So... who doe everyone like for the Browns first round pick this season? ?

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    So... who doe everyone like for the Browns first round pick this season? ?

    Left tackle