Skip to content

●  ?  NFL  - WEEK 1 -  9/8   ■  DAL 33 -vs- CLE 17  ■  4:25 pm ● GAME  THREAD  ●  <--▪︎  IT'S OVER  <--▪︎

The Browns Board
264 30 6.6k 1
  • @tiamat63 said:

    You're assuming the Browns will know exactly where he's going to line up pre-snap?  Dude has played multiple times on the left, right and over the center this game alone.  

    If he's played 6 snaps on the left, so I set some kind of quick hitting combo to the right, then he ends up moving to the right side... Well ... I have one hell of a problem checking to a completely new play and formation on third down in less than 17 seconds. 

    So the play they ran has only 1 option? Doesn’t seem like a good plan

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @browns149 said:

    So the play they ran has only 1 option? Doesn’t seem like a good plan

    .....That's not at all what I'm saying.

       I'll try working on this and answering another time.  I'll post it elsewhere and link it to the board. 

  • tinythinkerT tinythinker wrote on last edited by

    I thought I heard one first down in the first half... is my hearing bad or was that right?

  • PackerNationP PackerNation wrote on last edited by

    Look on the bright side, Stefanski most likely will be fired by week 11.

  • I thought I heard one first down in the first half... is my hearing bad or was that right?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @tinythinker said:

    I thought I heard one first down in the first half... is my hearing bad or was that right?

    That would be correct. 

    Completely manhandled. 

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by

    Thankfully they didn’t resign Flacco because the stadium would have been erupting his name after the first drive.

    what a joke 

  • @jrb12711 said:

    I think most people logically get that , but not when the guy you’re leaving unblocked will be the hugest paid defensive end next year. To not assume parsons to make a play there is just very wonky to me. 

    You're assuming the Browns will know exactly where he's going to line up pre-snap?  Dude has played multiple times on the left, right and over the center this game alone.  

    If he's played 6 snaps on the left, so I set some kind of quick hitting combo to the right, then he ends up moving to the right side... Well ... I have one hell of a problem checking to a completely new play and formation on third down in less than 17 seconds. 

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    You're assuming the Browns will know exactly where he's going to line up pre-snap?  Dude has played multiple times on the left, right and over the center this game alone.  

    If he's played 6 snaps on the left, so I set some kind of quick hitting combo to the right, then he ends up moving to the right side... Well ... I have one hell of a problem checking to a completely new play and formation on third down in less than 17 seconds. 

    Maybe, but maybe I’m also expecting a man you gave $230 million to see that with +/- 20 seconds on the clock to read that and react accordingly. If that level of QB and coaching doesn’t have an option B, it alludes strongly to the reality of keeping it simple for a QB who just isn’t ever going to put it together. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Remember after the fun 2007 season, where the Browns went 10-6 and started the 2008 season at home vs the Cowboys?

    That one didn't go well either. 

  • tinythinkerT tinythinker wrote on last edited by tinythinker

    Uhh... a sack ending Browns drive into a return for TD by Cowboys to start the second half is not the worst possible thing... technically.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    So... who doe everyone like for the Browns first round pick this season? ?

  • D Dste Ace wrote on last edited by

    First verse

    Same as first

    Should be better

    But it's gonna be worse...

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    Meanwhile  LAD 2   CLE 0   bottom 8th  in rubber match  1 out.    Now  LAD now 4    CLE 0 ....  CLE one more  AB.   Top 9.

    Misery loves company. ....  I've heard.

    Dodger bleachers are empty. ..too hot  has been all game..   ( Oh I surf during  TV commercials. )

    ▪︎-----▪︎

    BROWNS TD !    27-10.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Great drive, much better, stronger passes.

    Jeudy with his first Browns touchdown. 

  • So... who doe everyone like for the Browns first round pick this season? ?

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    So... who doe everyone like for the Browns first round pick this season? ?

    Left tackle

  • @dutch-oven said:

    So... who doe everyone like for the Browns first round pick this season? ?

    Left tackle

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @browns149 said:

    Left tackle

    That is an obvious need, yes. 

  • M Marvin the Martian wrote on last edited by

    Watson clearly looks like an all Pro QB.  He is clearly outplaying that scrub we got rid of , Mayfield, and looks like he is worth the 3 first round picks and his huge contract.  Sarc off

  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by

    This is putrid. You take a sack on 4th dn? Really?

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by

    Someone smarter than me can help me understand why he doesn’t flick the ball to Tillman who slipped open?

    I watch and root for Carolina as my 2nd team as I grew up in the area. I’m not exaggerating at all when I say Watson looks just as bad as Bryce Young did today. No offensive line in the world is making Watson miss long balls by 7+ yards out of bounds. It’s not going to get fixed. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    I blame the damn white facemasks... ?

  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by

    How long are both tackles out?

    That's no small matter

  • Someone smarter than me can help me understand why he doesn’t flick the ball to Tillman who slipped open?

    I watch and root for Carolina as my 2nd team as I grew up in the area. I’m not exaggerating at all when I say Watson looks just as bad as Bryce Young did today. No offensive line in the world is making Watson miss long balls by 7+ yards out of bounds. It’s not going to get fixed. 

    M Marvin the Martian wrote on last edited by

    @jrb12711 said:

    Someone smarter than me can help me understand why he doesn’t flick the ball to Tillman who slipped open?

    I watch and root for Carolina as my 2nd team as I grew up in the area. I’m not exaggerating at all when I say Watson looks just as bad as Bryce Young did today. No offensive line in the world is making Watson miss long balls by 7+ yards out of bounds. It’s not going to get fixed. 

    Well flipping to an open guy would be good QB play.  Remember Watson is our QB