Skip to content

●  ?  NFL  - WEEK 1 -  9/8   ■  DAL 33 -vs- CLE 17  ■  4:25 pm ● GAME  THREAD  ●  <--▪︎  IT'S OVER  <--▪︎

The Browns Board
264 30 6.6k 1
  • @jrb12711 said:

    Someone smarter than me can help me understand why he doesn’t flick the ball to Tillman who slipped open?

    I watch and root for Carolina as my 2nd team as I grew up in the area. I’m not exaggerating at all when I say Watson looks just as bad as Bryce Young did today. No offensive line in the world is making Watson miss long balls by 7+ yards out of bounds. It’s not going to get fixed. 

    That’s exactly what I expected to happen when I watched the play unfold - then Watson folded and took a sack instead.

    Idk what the answer is, if this continues they’re going to need to consider excising the demon like the broncos did

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by

    @bbedward said:

    That’s exactly what I expected to happen when I watched the play unfold - then Watson folded and took a sack instead.

    Idk what the answer is, if this continues they’re going to need to consider excising the demon like the broncos did

    And additionally, Amari Cooper was country wide open on that last fourth down. The man is seeing ghosts and you can’t fix a mentally broken QB. I genuinely wonder if Jimmy is telling Stef you have to play him no matter what.

    man this defense is still strong though

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by Kvoethe

    Bucs put up 37 with Baker

    Damn he had 4 TD...what loser..glad we dumped him for rub and tug.

    A few missing tackles ain't gonna fix this ...sorry.

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Yep, I'm out. 

    Show your macho masochism dammit.?

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Show your macho masochism dammit.?

    Brother, I normally do, but I have a rare day alone with my teenage daughter and it's too fun to blow watching this game. I don't mind losing, gotten used to it, but it literally hurt my heart listening to the boos. Don't get me wrong, they deserve it, but it hurt to hear. All those fans hoping for something to watch. And nada. 

    It's one game...although it definitely doesn't feel like it. Need a short memory and prayers for Njoku. Just unbelievable man. 

  • @bbedward said:

    That’s exactly what I expected to happen when I watched the play unfold - then Watson folded and took a sack instead.

    Idk what the answer is, if this continues they’re going to need to consider excising the demon like the broncos did

    And additionally, Amari Cooper was country wide open on that last fourth down. The man is seeing ghosts and you can’t fix a mentally broken QB. I genuinely wonder if Jimmy is telling Stef you have to play him no matter what.

    man this defense is still strong though

    M Marvin the Martian wrote on last edited by

    @jrb12711 said:

    And additionally, Amari Cooper was country wide open on that last fourth down. The man is seeing ghosts and you can’t fix a mentally broken QB. I genuinely wonder if Jimmy is telling Stef you have to play him no matter what.

    man this defense is still strong though

    We will never win with this chorus line offense.  Maybe the tackles will help but if Watson does not improve we need to move on

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    Yep, I'm out. 

    Probably a smart move jiggins...

    Completely overmatched. 

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by jiggins7919

    @dutch-oven said:

    Probably a smart move jiggins...

    Completely overmatched. 

    I'll obviously be back next week. Just felt myself getting frustrated and I'm not doing that anymore. 

    Just saw Baker throw his 4th td pass. Wow. We might be into October before Watson sniffs that many. 

  • I picked the Cowboys getting the 2.5. My heart is with the Browns though.

    Looking forward to the game. Possibly this turns into a turn down the sound game. Tom Brady being annoying or not will be determined in the first quarter.

    G Ghoolie Always Ghoolie wrote on last edited by

    @packernation said:

    "will be determined in the first quarter."

    LMAO, 

  • Bucs put up 37 with Baker

    Damn he had 4 TD...what loser..glad we dumped him for rub and tug.

    A few missing tackles ain't gonna fix this ...sorry.

    AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by Axe

    @kvoethe said:

    Bucs put up 37 with Baker

    I'm a Bucs and Browns fan as I've been in the Tampa area for 51 yrs..

    Baker had a good day today.. And Daniels has talent..

  • AxeA Axe

    @mjp28 said:

    You hate to ... WAIT SO LONG ...   for GAME 1  and are down  ...  30-10  ...  in the 4th quarter.    Reminds you of being  12  years old again.    But you will and do get over this one and many more in our  lives.

    Hang in there  BROWNS FANS !

    I'm reserving judgement until the tackles are back..

    Anyone know how long they're out?

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven

    @axe said:

    I'm reserving judgement until the tackles are back..

    Anyone know how long they're out?

    Conklin is made of glass, and should never be counted on. Sure, he might be back next week, but there's a 50/50 chance he'd end up suffering a season-ending injury by halftime. I don't hate the guy, not at all, but unfortunately he's "frah-gee-lay" since joining the Browns.

    I'm not sure about Wills. 

  • AxeA Axe

    @mjp28 said:

    You hate to ... WAIT SO LONG ...   for GAME 1  and are down  ...  30-10  ...  in the 4th quarter.    Reminds you of being  12  years old again.    But you will and do get over this one and many more in our  lives.

    Hang in there  BROWNS FANS !

    I'm reserving judgement until the tackles are back..

    Anyone know how long they're out?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @axe said:

    I'm reserving judgement until the tackles are back..

    Anyone know how long they're out?

    BROWNS  INJURY REPORT 

    Cleveland Browns
    Table - Injury report
    Player Position Injury Wed Thu Fri Game Status
     
    Jack Conklin

    OTKneeLPLPLPQUESTIONABLE

     

    Jordan HicksMLBCalfLPLPFP(-)

     

    Maurice HurstDTHamstringLPLPFP(-)

     

    Jerry JeudyWRKneeFPFPFP(-)

     

    Quinton JeffersonDEAchillesLPLPFP(-)

     

    Jeremiah Owusu-KoramoahLBHandFPFPFP(-)

     

    Dalvin TomlinsonDEKneeLPLPLP(-)

     

    Nathaniel WatsonLBQuadLPLPFP(-)

     

    Jedrick WillsOTKneeLPDNPLPOUT

     

    Alex WrightDEElbowFPFPFP(-)

  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by

    Aww jeez

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    Injury list  -  Maybe more readable ?   Expand to see  ▪︎-->

    Screenshot_2024-09-08_192027_Chrome.jpg

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by

    Has anyone checked Watsons vision?

    IMG_6287.jpeg.715fae802bf4daa2c8d5bc49610dee05.jpeg

  • Has anyone checked Watsons vision?

    IMG_6287.jpeg.715fae802bf4daa2c8d5bc49610dee05.jpeg

    M Marvin the Martian wrote on last edited by

    @bbedward said:

    Has anyone checked Watsons vision?

    IMG_6287.jpeg.715fae802bf4daa2c8d5bc49610dee05.jpeg

    It is not vision.  when stressed he stops looking downfield

  • AxeA Axe

    @mjp28 said:

    You hate to ... WAIT SO LONG ...   for GAME 1  and are down  ...  30-10  ...  in the 4th quarter.    Reminds you of being  12  years old again.    But you will and do get over this one and many more in our  lives.

    Hang in there  BROWNS FANS !

    I'm reserving judgement until the tackles are back..

    Anyone know how long they're out?

    KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by

    @axe said:

    I'm reserving judgement until the tackles are back..

    Anyone know how long they're out?

    Tackles can't fix this dump

  • @bbedward said:

    Has anyone checked Watsons vision?

    IMG_6287.jpeg.715fae802bf4daa2c8d5bc49610dee05.jpeg

    It is not vision.  when stressed he stops looking downfield

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by

    @marvin-the-martian said:

    It is not vision.  when stressed he stops looking downfield

    The few times he does throw downfield they have a trajectory similar to wild thing though.

  • @axe said:

    I'm reserving judgement until the tackles are back..

    Anyone know how long they're out?

    Tackles can't fix this dump

    AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by

    @kvoethe said:

    Tackles can't fix this dump

    Ok, the tackles AND Chubb 😉

  • KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by

    Watson needs to be benched...he's gonna get hurt.

    Just got blasted...

  • AxeA Axe

    @kvoethe said:

    Tackles can't fix this dump

    Ok, the tackles AND Chubb 😉

    KvoetheK Kvoethe wrote on last edited by

    @axe said:

    Ok, the tackles AND Chubb 😉

    It's a start!!

  • Bucs put up 37 with Baker

    Damn he had 4 TD...what loser..glad we dumped him for rub and tug.

    A few missing tackles ain't gonna fix this ...sorry.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @kvoethe said:

    Bucs put up 37 with Baker

    Damn he had 4 TD...what loser..glad we dumped him for rub and tug.

    A few missing tackles ain't gonna fix this ...sorry.

    Before / early game  -  the  BROWNS  #1   "D"   over and over and over  .....    That D.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    The injury report is going to be a mile long...