Skip to content

Fire Everybody

The Browns Board
75 17 2.1k
  • @bob806 said:

    No question those type of events could happen, but it would be akin to poaching other cities like Detroit, Indianapolis, etc for MAC games, Big 10 games etc. Not really our "fight" but it's something to consider for Haslam. 

    I'll be really interested to see if the Brookpark Factory of Sadness Dome (trademark pending) gets built what Pittsburgh and maybe Cincinnati does.

    Cincinnati says they are ok with just renovating their current stadium, but it is almost the same age as ours and from what I've heard really nothing special. Pittsburgh's stadiums about the same age too, and you have to wonder if they might look at what Cleveland did and say: "Hey, why not us too? Lets build a dome out in Cranberry"

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'll be really interested to see if the Brookpark Factory of Sadness Dome (trademark pending) gets built what Pittsburgh and maybe Cincinnati does.

    Cincinnati says they are ok with just renovating their current stadium, but it is almost the same age as ours and from what I've heard really nothing special. Pittsburgh's stadiums about the same age too, and you have to wonder if they might look at what Cleveland did and say: "Hey, why not us too? Lets build a dome out in Cranberry"

    Not sure how those cities operate, but I don't get the impression the Rooney or Brown families are ultra greedy.

    Cleveland Browns stadium is approximately 25 years old and not falling apart. I really don't get the rush to replace it, outside of Haslam's desire to obtain all parking revenue.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I'll be really interested to see if the Brookpark Factory of Sadness Dome (trademark pending) gets built what Pittsburgh and maybe Cincinnati does.

    Cincinnati says they are ok with just renovating their current stadium, but it is almost the same age as ours and from what I've heard really nothing special. Pittsburgh's stadiums about the same age too, and you have to wonder if they might look at what Cleveland did and say: "Hey, why not us too? Lets build a dome out in Cranberry"

    Not sure how those cities operate, but I don't get the impression the Rooney or Brown families are ultra greedy.

    Cleveland Browns stadium is approximately 25 years old and not falling apart. I really don't get the rush to replace it, outside of Haslam's desire to obtain all parking revenue.

    @bob806 said:

    Not sure how those cities operate, but I don't get the impression the Rooney or Brown families are ultra greedy.

    Cleveland Browns stadium is approximately 25 years old and not falling apart. I really don't get the rush to replace it, outside of Haslam's desire to obtain all parking revenue.

    Money and ego.

    If you are a NFL/MLB/NBA/NHL owner you go to opposing stadiums/ballparks/arenas. You see what your fellow billionaire owner has in his facility, and you get a major case of wanting to keep up with the Joneses'. 

    And to be fair, Cleveland Browns Stadium might be only 25 years old or so,  but it was mediocre when it was built. 

    And Haslam wants ALL the money he can get, hence why he wants to build a new stadium in the middle of nowhere with nothing around to compete with all the hotels, restaurants, bars etc he builds on site. He can't do that in downtown Cleveland, because downtown Cleveland has that stuff independently. All Brookpark has is fast food joints and porn shops. 

  • Baker news...aka salt in the wound...

    When the Tampa Bay Buccaneers saw former No. 1 overall pick Baker Mayfield get his career back on track after leading the squad to another NFC South title and beating the Eagles in the playoffs, Jason Licht rewarded him with a three-year, $100 million contract shortly thereafter

  • Baker news...aka salt in the wound...

    When the Tampa Bay Buccaneers saw former No. 1 overall pick Baker Mayfield get his career back on track after leading the squad to another NFC South title and beating the Eagles in the playoffs, Jason Licht rewarded him with a three-year, $100 million contract shortly thereafter

    @kvoethe said:

    Baker news...aka salt in the wound...

    When the Tampa Bay Buccaneers saw former No. 1 overall pick Baker Mayfield get his career back on track after leading the squad to another NFC South title and beating the Eagles in the playoffs, Jason Licht rewarded him with a three-year, $100 million contract shortly thereafter

    Baker isn't Josh Allen, but he is a STAR in Tampa Bay.

    Say,

       Josh ROSEN is a free agent. Available. No one else wants him. You remember Josh Rosen - "the Best Pocket Passer in the draft" that same year? And they said he was "the most NFL-ready qb in the class"......

       and he said the other qb's drafted ahead of him were "mistakes".

       That's from belligerent self-proclaimed football "gods".

    And I said he was not a player I would draft at all.

    Rosen was even with the Browns for a short time. LOL

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Rosen

  • Baker news...aka salt in the wound...

    When the Tampa Bay Buccaneers saw former No. 1 overall pick Baker Mayfield get his career back on track after leading the squad to another NFC South title and beating the Eagles in the playoffs, Jason Licht rewarded him with a three-year, $100 million contract shortly thereafter

    @kvoethe said:

    Baker news...aka salt in the wound...

    When the Tampa Bay Buccaneers saw former No. 1 overall pick Baker Mayfield get his career back on track after leading the squad to another NFC South title and beating the Eagles in the playoffs, Jason Licht rewarded him with a three-year, $100 million contract shortly thereafter

    Mike Evans has 10 consecutive 1,000 yd receiving years for an NFL record. Without him Baker would not be getting a contract like that, particularly if he had come in clearly out of shape like he did his 2nd season with the Browns. At least he was smart enough to correct that mistake.

  • if only the Browns had a locker room like this:

    https://www.facebook.com/reel/907396188247514

  • cleveland citizens have to back whatever bonding bill needed for the move to Brook Park

    cmon man you can still smell the stink of urine emanating from the grounds of  old municipal stadium

    in that comeback stadium of 1999

    just like the tar smell on the beaches of Lake Erie on a hot summer day....

    I quit smoking 20 years ago, my sense of smell is pretty acute

  • plus maybe one day we can get a guy like Baker Mayfield to play for us? 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    You mean the team that just beat our favorite troll's team.?

    Yeah lol.

    I've always liked that whole division. Was a huge Purple People Eaters fan, loved Tarkenton, Chuck Foreman, & Paul Krause, and later on, Randy Moss ( an ass, but what a player).

    Should have won it all several times, remember the Steelers reject kicker missed his only FG of the season vs Atlanta?

    IMHO they're  the NFC Browns. 

    @bob806 said:

    Yeah lol.

    I've always liked that whole division. Was a huge Purple People Eaters fan, loved Tarkenton, Chuck Foreman, & Paul Krause, and later on, Randy Moss ( an ass, but what a player).

    Should have won it all several times, remember the Steelers reject kicker missed his only FG of the season vs Atlanta?

    IMHO they're  the NFC Browns. 

    The Vikings are the oldest American sports team to never win a championship 

    it says they won the NFL championship in 1969 but then lost the NFL vs AFL game, against  KC Before it was called the Super Bowl. To me that is not a championship 

  • @kvoethe said:

    Baker news...aka salt in the wound...

    When the Tampa Bay Buccaneers saw former No. 1 overall pick Baker Mayfield get his career back on track after leading the squad to another NFC South title and beating the Eagles in the playoffs, Jason Licht rewarded him with a three-year, $100 million contract shortly thereafter

    Mike Evans has 10 consecutive 1,000 yd receiving years for an NFL record. Without him Baker would not be getting a contract like that, particularly if he had come in clearly out of shape like he did his 2nd season with the Browns. At least he was smart enough to correct that mistake.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Mike Evans has 10 consecutive 1,000 yd receiving years for an NFL record. Without him Baker would not be getting a contract like that, particularly if he had come in clearly out of shape like he did his 2nd season with the Browns. At least he was smart enough to correct that mistake.

    Mike Evans has earned every dollar he's ever earned carrying mediocre fun-sized frat boy QBs his whole college and pro career. 

    Definitely going to end up in Canton. 

  • @bob806 said:

    Yeah lol.

    I've always liked that whole division. Was a huge Purple People Eaters fan, loved Tarkenton, Chuck Foreman, & Paul Krause, and later on, Randy Moss ( an ass, but what a player).

    Should have won it all several times, remember the Steelers reject kicker missed his only FG of the season vs Atlanta?

    IMHO they're  the NFC Browns. 

    The Vikings are the oldest American sports team to never win a championship 

    it says they won the NFL championship in 1969 but then lost the NFL vs AFL game, against  KC Before it was called the Super Bowl. To me that is not a championship 

    @browns149 said:

    The Vikings are the oldest American sports team to never win a championship 

    it says they won the NFL championship in 1969 but then lost the NFL vs AFL game, against  KC Before it was called the Super Bowl. To me that is not a championship 

    Yeah, you are right, they might have represented the NFL in Super Bowl IV, but if you didn't win the Super Bowl, you didn't win a NFL title. 

    When did it start being called the "Super Bowl"? 

  • @browns149 said:

    The Vikings are the oldest American sports team to never win a championship 

    it says they won the NFL championship in 1969 but then lost the NFL vs AFL game, against  KC Before it was called the Super Bowl. To me that is not a championship 

    Yeah, you are right, they might have represented the NFL in Super Bowl IV, but if you didn't win the Super Bowl, you didn't win a NFL title. 

    When did it start being called the "Super Bowl"? 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Yeah, you are right, they might have represented the NFL in Super Bowl IV, but if you didn't win the Super Bowl, you didn't win a NFL title. 

    When did it start being called the "Super Bowl"? 

    The game was created as part of a 1966 merger agreement between the NFL and the competing American Football League (AFL) to have their 'best' teams compete for a championship. It was originally called the AFL–NFL World Championship Game until the "Super Bowl" moniker was adopted in 1969's Super Bowl

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Yeah, you are right, they might have represented the NFL in Super Bowl IV, but if you didn't win the Super Bowl, you didn't win a NFL title. 

    When did it start being called the "Super Bowl"? 

    The game was created as part of a 1966 merger agreement between the NFL and the competing American Football League (AFL) to have their 'best' teams compete for a championship. It was originally called the AFL–NFL World Championship Game until the "Super Bowl" moniker was adopted in 1969's Super Bowl

    @browns149 said:

    The game was created as part of a 1966 merger agreement between the NFL and the competing American Football League (AFL) to have their 'best' teams compete for a championship. It was originally called the AFL–NFL World Championship Game until the "Super Bowl" moniker was adopted in 1969's Super Bowl

    I read somewhere the moniker came after somebody was watching their kid bounce a super ball off of a wall. 

  • @browns149 said:

    The game was created as part of a 1966 merger agreement between the NFL and the competing American Football League (AFL) to have their 'best' teams compete for a championship. It was originally called the AFL–NFL World Championship Game until the "Super Bowl" moniker was adopted in 1969's Super Bowl

    I read somewhere the moniker came after somebody was watching their kid bounce a super ball off of a wall. 

    @bob806 said:

    I read somewhere the moniker came after somebody was watching their kid bounce a super ball off of a wall. 

    Allegedly Chiefs owner Lamar Hunt came up with the name because of his kid's "Super Ball". 

    It's kind of a goofy name for a championship game if you think about it. 

  • Getting back to the "Fire Everybody" theme of this thread...

    One reason I'd strongly consider it if I was Hillbilly Jimmuh is I believe this team needs to be rebuilt. 

    Front offices fighting for their employment tend to make moves that might not be the best long-term, but will help the team faster. Kind of like when Butch Davis didn't draft Ben Roethlisberger because he brought in a 35 year old Jeff Garcia and drafted Kellen Winslow II instead. 

    I have a feeling the existing front office/coaching staff thinks the Browns are only a few shrewd moves away from another 11 win season. I disagree. 

  • Getting back to the "Fire Everybody" theme of this thread...

    One reason I'd strongly consider it if I was Hillbilly Jimmuh is I believe this team needs to be rebuilt. 

    Front offices fighting for their employment tend to make moves that might not be the best long-term, but will help the team faster. Kind of like when Butch Davis didn't draft Ben Roethlisberger because he brought in a 35 year old Jeff Garcia and drafted Kellen Winslow II instead. 

    I have a feeling the existing front office/coaching staff thinks the Browns are only a few shrewd moves away from another 11 win season. I disagree. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Getting back to the "Fire Everybody" theme of this thread...

    One reason I'd strongly consider it if I was Hillbilly Jimmuh is I believe this team needs to be rebuilt. 

    Front offices fighting for their employment tend to make moves that might not be the best long-term, but will help the team faster. Kind of like when Butch Davis didn't draft Ben Roethlisberger because he brought in a 35 year old Jeff Garcia and drafted Kellen Winslow II instead. 

    I have a feeling the existing front office/coaching staff thinks the Browns are only a few shrewd moves away from another 11 win season. I disagree. 

    Great post! I like your thought process. Is there much media attention about the FO getting canned? Far as Stefanski I'm not seeing much at all. I think his seat should be feeling toasty. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Getting back to the "Fire Everybody" theme of this thread...

    One reason I'd strongly consider it if I was Hillbilly Jimmuh is I believe this team needs to be rebuilt. 

    Front offices fighting for their employment tend to make moves that might not be the best long-term, but will help the team faster. Kind of like when Butch Davis didn't draft Ben Roethlisberger because he brought in a 35 year old Jeff Garcia and drafted Kellen Winslow II instead. 

    I have a feeling the existing front office/coaching staff thinks the Browns are only a few shrewd moves away from another 11 win season. I disagree. 

    Great post! I like your thought process. Is there much media attention about the FO getting canned? Far as Stefanski I'm not seeing much at all. I think his seat should be feeling toasty. 

    @usfbrown said:

    Great post! I like your thought process. Is there much media attention about the FO getting canned? Far as Stefanski I'm not seeing much at all. I think his seat should be feeling toasty. 

    It's awfully quiet here in NE Ohio regarding Berry, Stefanski, et al and their job security. It seems like they will survive.

    But the team is going to finish 3-14 and the blockbuster Watson trade has completely blown up in their face. I just can't see no one not paying for this. 

  • @usfbrown said:

    Great post! I like your thought process. Is there much media attention about the FO getting canned? Far as Stefanski I'm not seeing much at all. I think his seat should be feeling toasty. 

    It's awfully quiet here in NE Ohio regarding Berry, Stefanski, et al and their job security. It seems like they will survive.

    But the team is going to finish 3-14 and the blockbuster Watson trade has completely blown up in their face. I just can't see no one not paying for this. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    It's awfully quiet here in NE Ohio regarding Berry, Stefanski, et al and their job security. It seems like they will survive.

    But the team is going to finish 3-14 and the blockbuster Watson trade has completely blown up in their face. I just can't see no one not paying for this. 

    Ah, but this is the Charlie Browns where Lucy always has the last word in the Factory of Sadness.

  • @bob806 said:

    I didn't realize that.

    I'm not keen on a dome, but understand the reasons why people like it. I'd prefer it to be downtown. 

    Hopefully all this legal-mumbo-jumbo gets resolved.

    I'm a downtown/open air guy too. The idea of the Browns playing on Field Turf inside kills me. 

    But open air football stadiums in the north is a pretty stupid financial idea. 

    Plus, the regular season just goes on forever, and a 18th game is coming. Frostbite Bowls suck.

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'm a downtown/open air guy too. The idea of the Browns playing on Field Turf inside kills me. 

    But open air football stadiums in the north is a pretty stupid financial idea. 

    Plus, the regular season just goes on forever, and a 18th game is coming. Frostbite Bowls suck.

    Open air apparently doesn't seem to be a problem in Buffalo, Kansas City, or New England. Weather never seems to be a problem in Green Bay either. Let's dome Lambeau... ? 

    Jimmuh has a bad case of "dome-itis".  Thinking he can turn his vacant lot into an imitation of Bob Kraft's "Patriot Place". (Been there, seen that) Lotsa luck. Um boy multi level parking- a nice touch for getting nonmoving after a game. At probably $75 bucks to park your car. hoo hah- bye bye tailgating. 

    FWIW, Cuyahoga County already told Has-been.. "We don't have your f**king $!.2 Billion, not anywhere close. MHO...   If you think your future vision is SO GREAT... Well- pay for it yourself Jimmy, your uber wealthy fellow owner pal Kroenke shelled out around $4 billion out of his own money to build SoFy in LA.   

    Well, this can't happen until 2028, so maybe like mjp- I'll be dead, so I don't have to put up with inept ownership anymore.  ?