Russ Wilson Flying to Cleveland to meet with the Browns
-
Let Russ cook dammit.
-
Another Super Bowl QB
-
-
I have a feeling Jerry Jeudy will be less than excited by this news.
-
-
I'd be very curious to why Rodgers would go to the Giants over the Steelers.
He's a whack-job. Maybe he thinks he's a New Yorker now and wants to stay there. Who knows.
-
seems he is one of the last ones out there,falcants going to give cousins his 10 million guaranteed
edit : Maybe
-
I'd be very curious to why Rodgers would go to the Giants over the Steelers.
You'd think he would like the ability to win one more time before retiring.
Rodgers is near the end of his playing days. Being in NY gives a person looking for new opportunities more exposure to the powers that be over being in Pittsburgh.
That would be my guess.
-
From what I've read, Atlanta is willing to keep, and will only trade him. They want both assets
We can give them the 1st syllable of assets. Neither guy that was in Pittsburgh last year wanted to stay; and they were working pretty diligently to try to re-sign Fields this year - and he CHOSE THE JETS. ? Fields gave that franchise a 4-2 record, 2 middle fingers & a Partridge in a Pear Tree on one of the lowest QB incomes of any QB (while only throwing 1 INT in that span).
I never thought I'd say this about that franchise In Pittsburgh but once upon a time a guy in Philly named Rocky told someone "YOU SHOULDA PLANNED AHEAD!" Speaking of which, I just watched the 1st Rocky movie again a few weeks ago and he still didn't win. That said, I also recently re-watched a movie that showed a FO for Cleveland Browns actually knew how to draft. Fiction sucks! What's next? Winning the lottery getting intercepted by Flugel's alarm clock?
-
If Wilson would sign with the Browns, and with Pickett already on the roster, what's the chances the Browns use their first pick on a QB then?
-
If Wilson would sign with the Browns, and with Pickett already on the roster, what's the chances the Browns use their first pick on a QB then?
If Wilson would sign with the Browns, and with Pickett already on the roster, what's the chances the Browns use their first pick on a QB then?
I don't think it would change anything.
I am just not sure we have ever been set on using our 1st pick on a QB. I am pretty sure we will use one of our first two picks on a QB. That second choice might not be at 33. We might move up to make that selection....that's if we don't take one at #2.
-
-
If Wilson would sign with the Browns, and with Pickett already on the roster, what's the chances the Browns use their first pick on a QB then?
I don't think it would change anything.
I am just not sure we have ever been set on using our 1st pick on a QB. I am pretty sure we will use one of our first two picks on a QB. That second choice might not be at 33. We might move up to make that selection....that's if we don't take one at #2.
I don't think it would change anything.
I am just not sure we have ever been set on using our 1st pick on a QB. I am pretty sure we will use one of our first two picks on a QB. That second choice might not be at 33. We might move up to make that selection....that's if we don't take one at #2.
Russ and Pickett should allow you to punt on that position in the draft and build the support pieces (OL, RB, TE, WR) after we draft Carter at the top that can gain experience in 2025 and help a rookie QB in 26.
And if Russ looks solid you can bring him and draft a guy in 2026.
-
I don't think it would change anything.
I am just not sure we have ever been set on using our 1st pick on a QB. I am pretty sure we will use one of our first two picks on a QB. That second choice might not be at 33. We might move up to make that selection....that's if we don't take one at #2.
Russ and Pickett should allow you to punt on that position in the draft and build the support pieces (OL, RB, TE, WR) after we draft Carter at the top that can gain experience in 2025 and help a rookie QB in 26.
And if Russ looks solid you can bring him and draft a guy in 2026.
Russ and Pickett should allow you to punt on that position in the draft and build the support pieces (OL, RB, TE, WR) after we draft Carter at the top that can gain experience in 2025 and help a rookie QB in 26.
And if Russ looks solid you can bring him and draft a guy in 2026.
The great thing about the NFL.. You are a player(team mate), Coach or a system away from being successful.. Its all about the path you are on... With a lot of help from yourself...And timing...
-
I don't think it would change anything.
I am just not sure we have ever been set on using our 1st pick on a QB. I am pretty sure we will use one of our first two picks on a QB. That second choice might not be at 33. We might move up to make that selection....that's if we don't take one at #2.
Russ and Pickett should allow you to punt on that position in the draft and build the support pieces (OL, RB, TE, WR) after we draft Carter at the top that can gain experience in 2025 and help a rookie QB in 26.
And if Russ looks solid you can bring him and draft a guy in 2026.
Russ and Pickett should allow you to punt on that position in the draft and build the support pieces (OL, RB, TE, WR) after we draft Carter at the top that can gain experience in 2025 and help a rookie QB in 26.
And if Russ looks solid you can bring him and draft a guy in 2026.
Do you think Berry and Stefanski are in the position to be able to play the long game and do this though?
This is what I want them to do, but I don't think people who are on the hot seat will.
It's why I wanted the team blown up after the end of the season and a true rebuild started with the team moving in to Brookpark as the target.
-
I don't think it would change anything.
I am just not sure we have ever been set on using our 1st pick on a QB. I am pretty sure we will use one of our first two picks on a QB. That second choice might not be at 33. We might move up to make that selection....that's if we don't take one at #2.
Russ and Pickett should allow you to punt on that position in the draft and build the support pieces (OL, RB, TE, WR) after we draft Carter at the top that can gain experience in 2025 and help a rookie QB in 26.
And if Russ looks solid you can bring him and draft a guy in 2026.
Russ and Pickett should allow you to punt on that position in the draft and build the support pieces (OL, RB, TE, WR) after we draft Carter at the top that can gain experience in 2025 and help a rookie QB in 26.
And if Russ looks solid you can bring him and draft a guy in 2026.
I agree with this - they won't have to draft a qb until next year, if it works out.
Next year's qb draft class looks pretty important:
https://www.si.com/nfl/2026-quarterback-nfl-draft-class-preview
"
So how does 2026 look? It’s a topic of conversation I delved into with a few team people over the past week. Before then, I had a couple guys tell me that LSU’s Garrett Nussmeier could’ve been the first quarterback to go this year, and I had a couple others agree. A couple teams, I heard, actually encouraged Penn State’s Drew Allar to declare, expecting that he’d rise through the process and go in the top 10. Clemson’s Cade Klubnik is another one who, had he declared, probably would’ve gone relatively high this year.
Then, there’s South Carolina’s LaNorris Sellers, who has an intriguing physical skill set, Georgia transfer Carson Beck at Miami, and of course the possibility that someone shoots up through the season such as Jayden Daniels did in 2023 or Cam Ward did in ’24.
That there’s a nice list of guys there to work with already (and I’m assuming that Arch Manning won’t leave Texas after a single season starting) adds a layer to the dynamic at the position in this year’s draft. If you’re a coach or general manager with some job security, you might be tempted to sign a vet and wait a year to draft a quarterback."
-
I don't think it would change anything.
I am just not sure we have ever been set on using our 1st pick on a QB. I am pretty sure we will use one of our first two picks on a QB. That second choice might not be at 33. We might move up to make that selection....that's if we don't take one at #2.
Russ and Pickett should allow you to punt on that position in the draft and build the support pieces (OL, RB, TE, WR) after we draft Carter at the top that can gain experience in 2025 and help a rookie QB in 26.
And if Russ looks solid you can bring him and draft a guy in 2026.
Russ and Pickett should allow you to punt on that position in the draft and build the support pieces (OL, RB, TE, WR) after we draft Carter at the top that can gain experience in 2025 and help a rookie QB in 26.
Where will we be drafting in '26 with Wilson at QB for '25? 14th or so?
There aren't many reason why you don't draft a QB with the #2 pick in the draft.
1) You don't need a starting QB. - not us.
2) There are no QB's available at pick #2 worth drafting in the top dozen or so picks. - and that's a fine and valid reason...but you have to be right. If one of the next teams drafting picks the QB and he turns out to be good while your team remains floundering around...then you have to fall on your sword. So, as Clint Eastwood would say...'Are ya feeling lucky?' - Ironically, here we are having recently signed one of those QB's that shouldn't have been drafted so high.
-
Russ and Pickett should allow you to punt on that position in the draft and build the support pieces (OL, RB, TE, WR) after we draft Carter at the top that can gain experience in 2025 and help a rookie QB in 26.
Where will we be drafting in '26 with Wilson at QB for '25? 14th or so?
There aren't many reason why you don't draft a QB with the #2 pick in the draft.
1) You don't need a starting QB. - not us.
2) There are no QB's available at pick #2 worth drafting in the top dozen or so picks. - and that's a fine and valid reason...but you have to be right. If one of the next teams drafting picks the QB and he turns out to be good while your team remains floundering around...then you have to fall on your sword. So, as Clint Eastwood would say...'Are ya feeling lucky?' - Ironically, here we are having recently signed one of those QB's that shouldn't have been drafted so high.
Where will we be drafting in '26 with Wilson at QB for '25? 14th or so?
There aren't many reason why you don't draft a QB with the #2 pick in the draft.
1) You don't need a starting QB. - not us.
2) There are no QB's available at pick #2 worth drafting in the top dozen or so picks. - and that's a fine and valid reason...but you have to be right. If one of the next teams drafting picks the QB and he turns out to be good while your team remains floundering around...then you have to fall on your sword. So, as Clint Eastwood would say...'Are ya feeling lucky?' - Ironically, here we are having recently signed one of those QB's that shouldn't have been drafted so high.
Good points, except taking a chance on drafting a qb when you just don't think he's the guy, not sure, etc, is a waste of that pick. Drafting an elite player that you know will work out seems more in order.
Sanders is special, but can he stay healthy, etc?
I'm just not sold on any other qb in this upcoming draft.
Carter, who I said had a red flag problem, has some thinking he has fallen out of the top five. And Tyler Warren, the guy I want, is said in this draft, to go #7.
Imagine putting Warren in the offense, plays designed to use his crazy versatility, to help whoever starts for the Browns.
Who knows.
-
Where will we be drafting in '26 with Wilson at QB for '25? 14th or so?
There aren't many reason why you don't draft a QB with the #2 pick in the draft.
1) You don't need a starting QB. - not us.
2) There are no QB's available at pick #2 worth drafting in the top dozen or so picks. - and that's a fine and valid reason...but you have to be right. If one of the next teams drafting picks the QB and he turns out to be good while your team remains floundering around...then you have to fall on your sword. So, as Clint Eastwood would say...'Are ya feeling lucky?' - Ironically, here we are having recently signed one of those QB's that shouldn't have been drafted so high.
Good points, except taking a chance on drafting a qb when you just don't think he's the guy, not sure, etc, is a waste of that pick. Drafting an elite player that you know will work out seems more in order.
Sanders is special, but can he stay healthy, etc?
I'm just not sold on any other qb in this upcoming draft.
Carter, who I said had a red flag problem, has some thinking he has fallen out of the top five. And Tyler Warren, the guy I want, is said in this draft, to go #7.
Imagine putting Warren in the offense, plays designed to use his crazy versatility, to help whoever starts for the Browns.
Who knows.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login