Russ Wilson Flying to Cleveland to meet with the Browns
-
Milroe? Do you think he's going to be ok in the pros? I'm not so sure.
I am not so sure any QB is going to be all that good in the pro's. I really want Dart, but to get him we will have to move up. I mentioned Milrow simply because he is probably 4th on the list of draftable QB's.
Let me rephrase. I lean towards taking Hunter then a QB who the Browns feel is the best available. Insert any name that makes you happy. I don't say that in a snippy way. I don't think any of the QB's are going to be great QB's but there are probably 5-6 who can become good QB's.
As fans we all want the next HOF QB, but that doesn't happen all that often. A good QB is all that is needed to compete for championships if he is fitted with the right team and scheme.
I wouldn't call Terry Bradshaw a great QB except he has all the bling. He was fitted with a team that had good to great players across the board, on both sides of the ball. Make no mistake, I think Terry was a good to very good QB but had he been strapped to the Saints for his career I doubt he would have all the bling and a gold jacket.
In a more modern context, look at Geoff in Detroit. Did he all of a sudden look really good on his own or was it because he landed with a Detroit team who has really good players around him and a coaching staff that helped unlock his potential?
I think it is easier to identify and pick good non-QB's than it is to find that QB who can lift the whole team. Get some good players around a decent QB and all of a sudden he is going to look like the Ritz.
From a talent standpoint, Hunter is the best player in this draft IMO. If he is there, we just need to take him and figure out the rest as we go.
In a more modern context, look at Geoff in Detroit. Did he all of a sudden look really good on his own or was it because he landed with a Detroit team who has really good players around him and a coaching staff that helped unlock his potential?
He was good with the team that drafted him too. (Rams)
-
-
so ? who the fuck is gonna start the season at QB ? A rookie ? pickett (LLLLMMMMAAAOOO) ? who ?
edit: so we just draft Hunter or Carter and tank again next year ?
-
-
From a talent standpoint, Hunter is the best player in this draft IMO. If he is there, we just need to take him and figure out the rest as we go.
I'm changing my mind about Abdul Carter - like in the other thread - he actually has a higher prospect value than Hunter, from the NFL Redline ratings - a 7.0, and Hunter had a 6.89. I think one of those two future stars will be the pick for the Browns. We'll see.
I'm changing my mind about Abdul Carter - like in the other thread - he actually has a higher prospect value than Hunter, from the NFL Redline ratings - a 7.0, and Hunter had a 6.89. I think one of those two future stars will be the pick for the Browns. We'll see.
if we talk about this current regime do or die this year and this is for their jobs. This is most logical pick. Myles and Carter likely equals at least a turnover a game.
We become elite on the edges. Carter has a motor and some get off and he played as an off ball linebacker for a couple years - he has versatility.
And if your Stefanski you made old man Joe good so show us once again you can do it with a guy at the end of his road that can still make good decisions.
-
I'm changing my mind about Abdul Carter - like in the other thread - he actually has a higher prospect value than Hunter, from the NFL Redline ratings - a 7.0, and Hunter had a 6.89. I think one of those two future stars will be the pick for the Browns. We'll see.
if we talk about this current regime do or die this year and this is for their jobs. This is most logical pick. Myles and Carter likely equals at least a turnover a game.
We become elite on the edges. Carter has a motor and some get off and he played as an off ball linebacker for a couple years - he has versatility.
And if your Stefanski you made old man Joe good so show us once again you can do it with a guy at the end of his road that can still make good decisions.
And if your Stefanski you made old man Joe good
Was he? Negative turnover margin per game.
-
And if your Stefanski you made old man Joe good
Was he? Negative turnover margin per game.
-
-
I agree.
What veteran QB available is making Myles say that he's happy with what they are going to do? Possibly over-the-hill Kirk Cousins or Russell Wilson?
I think he was told that we have the #2 pick and that one of the two top QBs is coming here.
I agree that makes some sense.
-
I agree.
What veteran QB available is making Myles say that he's happy with what they are going to do? Possibly over-the-hill Kirk Cousins or Russell Wilson?
I think he was told that we have the #2 pick and that one of the two top QBs is coming here.
I agree that makes some sense.
I agree that makes some sense.
While we may argue if Ward or Sanders is worth the #2 pick, I can see the Browns telling Myles they are moving on from Watson for good and taking one of those guys and him being ok with this over him being told that the plan is to roll with Kirk Cousins or Russell Wilson for a season, then drafting THE guy next year.
But then again, maybe it WAS all about the money for Myles, and option #2 is in play and he's like "I stopped listening once you told me you'd give me $40 mill a year..."
Still, gun to my head, I think the Browns are taking a QB at #2. Hell, they might move up to #1 to make sure they get their guy.
-
I'd be shocke4d if we moved up 1 slot. It wouldn't be worth it IMO. If you just go by the standard trade value chart..it's at least a guide.
The difference between the 1st pick and the 2nd pick is 400 points. We'd have to throw in both of our 3rd rounders and a 6th or 7th to get the 400 number. I hope we wouldn't do that. If we did do that, say goodby to a really good running back and good offensive lineman.
If it works out we like 1 of the QBs and not the other, I just take Hunter, and possibly look to move up from the 2nd rounder we hold to get our next best guy.
-
-
We really don't know what Myles was told.
Maybe Myles was told by his agent to sign the new deal with the no trade clause, play here a year, then demand a trade after this season when he has some control over where he might go.
This makes as much sense as any "he was told the plans at QB and likes them" guesses we've come up with, if not more.
-
Well, he was WAY better than the other guys that we were trotting out there to play QB.
I don't want to make it sound like Flacco stinks, because he doesn't
Make no mistake, Flacco stunk it up with turnovers. But the others the Browns trotted out there were just bad. It wasn't a high benchmark to clear.
In a more modern context, look at Geoff in Detroit. Did he all of a sudden look really good on his own or was it because he landed with a Detroit team who has really good players around him and a coaching staff that helped unlock his potential?
I'd say this is a touch of revisionist history. Go back and look at Goff in L.A. along with the team(s) around him. It isn't like he was playing with slouches. His playoff history with the Rams is better than his playoff history with the Lions.
-
And if your Stefanski you made old man Joe good
Was he? Negative turnover margin per game.
Was he? Negative turnover margin per game.
He had some bad turnovers. And the playoff game was bad.
But The numbers weren’t too bad…But what really stood out we had that stretch where he transformed the offense and opened up the playaction downfield attack that Stefanski was looking for and had for a half of a season
-
We really don't know what Myles was told.
Maybe Myles was told by his agent to sign the new deal with the no trade clause, play here a year, then demand a trade after this season when he has some control over where he might go.
This makes as much sense as any "he was told the plans at QB and likes them" guesses we've come up with, if not more.
This makes as much sense as any "he was told the plans at QB and likes them" guesses we've come up with, if not more.
He DID get quite a bit of money to be in a better mood for this discussion. He's had to lineup with a hand in the turf when a former non-QB like PJ Walker's strike zone was opposing jerseys during Myles' Defensive Player of the Year season. What a thing to root for - "let's hope PJ keeps his passes uncatchable."
-
Well, he was WAY better than the other guys that we were trotting out there to play QB.
I don't want to make it sound like Flacco stinks, because he doesn't
Make no mistake, Flacco stunk it up with turnovers. But the others the Browns trotted out there were just bad. It wasn't a high benchmark to clear.
In a more modern context, look at Geoff in Detroit. Did he all of a sudden look really good on his own or was it because he landed with a Detroit team who has really good players around him and a coaching staff that helped unlock his potential?
I'd say this is a touch of revisionist history. Go back and look at Goff in L.A. along with the team(s) around him. It isn't like he was playing with slouches. His playoff history with the Rams is better than his playoff history with the Lions.
-
Was he? Negative turnover margin per game.
He had some bad turnovers. And the playoff game was bad.
But The numbers weren’t too bad…But what really stood out we had that stretch where he transformed the offense and opened up the playaction downfield attack that Stefanski was looking for and had for a half of a season
He had some bad turnovers. And the playoff game was bad.
IIRC, we didn’t have a kicker. Did we even have a punter that game?
-
He had some bad turnovers. And the playoff game was bad.
IIRC, we didn’t have a kicker. Did we even have a punter that game?
IIRC, we didn’t have a kicker. Did we even have a punter that game?
I don’t know I was happy to miss a good part of that game for a birthday party at chuckie cheese both party and game were bad
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login