Skip to content

Unofficial 2025 Pre-Training Camp Roster & Depth Charts

The Browns Board
74 7 9.0k
  • @dutch-oven said:

    If he can stay out of trouble, he should see a lot of playing time I would think. 

    Hopefully, he's learned from that.  I'm more concerned with his knee injury at the end of the season that took place in 2025.  Not that I look to Mary Kay Yeahbut for my Browns news; but I tried to find something about it.

    @flugel said:

    Hopefully, he's learned from that.  I'm more concerned with his knee injury at the end of the season that took place in 2025.  Not that I look to Mary Kay Yeahbut for my Browns news; but I tried to find something about it.

    I see mary k celebrates christmas all year long

  • @flugel said:

    Here's a 3rd Depth Chart from another site:

    https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl/teams/cleveland-browns/depth-chart

    image.thumb.png.74337fefa94ae7ac0b7a7b65a9f79fc3.png

    image.thumb.png.8f6764081198abdd17af7b371170f3ae.png

    image.thumb.png.d8a00e2264941c02075582061ea9327d.png

    As hard as it is to get past this depth chart still listing Watson 1st at QB despite a torn + re-torn achilles tendon; this has some gutsy/interesting ideas for the 1st offense.  In particular, an undrafted and apparently well crafted rookie LT out of Illinois by the name of Julian Pearl. I also think 3rd year vet Michael Woods II will be quite productive as the WR3 whatever percentage of the time the Browns aren't running Double Tight with Njoku and Fannin. As someone that bellyached before, during and after the draft with great concern about a perceived lack of attention to our OT positions - it feels GREAT to exhale again folks. Let's take a quick look at the Fighting Illini addition:

    image.thumb.png.64fa1d8864797c632245c5f930204a65.png

    image.png.a65972725fcb2c19e6e5fb4a22e40abe.png

    image.png.c24b46c9dd6da5bb7a015d353e28ec33.png

    I think many of us are confident that DT Mason Graham, RB Quinshon Judkins and LB Carson Schwesinger will earn their way into the starting line-up even though the depth chart above penciled in veterans to begin the year as the starter.  I'm looking forward to watching it all unfold.

  • @flugel said:

    Here's a 3rd Depth Chart from another site:

    https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl/teams/cleveland-browns/depth-chart

    image.thumb.png.74337fefa94ae7ac0b7a7b65a9f79fc3.png

    image.thumb.png.8f6764081198abdd17af7b371170f3ae.png

    image.thumb.png.d8a00e2264941c02075582061ea9327d.png

    As hard as it is to get past this depth chart still listing Watson 1st at QB despite a torn + re-torn achilles tendon; this has some gutsy/interesting ideas for the 1st offense.  In particular, an undrafted and apparently well crafted rookie LT out of Illinois by the name of Julian Pearl. I also think 3rd year vet Michael Woods II will be quite productive as the WR3 whatever percentage of the time the Browns aren't running Double Tight with Njoku and Fannin. As someone that bellyached before, during and after the draft with great concern about a perceived lack of attention to our OT positions - it feels GREAT to exhale again folks. Let's take a quick look at the Fighting Illini addition:

    image.thumb.png.64fa1d8864797c632245c5f930204a65.png

    image.png.a65972725fcb2c19e6e5fb4a22e40abe.png

    image.png.c24b46c9dd6da5bb7a015d353e28ec33.png

    I think many of us are confident that DT Mason Graham, RB Quinshon Judkins and LB Carson Schwesinger will earn their way into the starting line-up even though the depth chart above penciled in veterans to begin the year as the starter.  I'm looking forward to watching it all unfold.

    @flugel said:

    As hard as it is to get past this depth chart still listing Watson 1st at QB despite a torn + re-torn achilles tendon; this has some gutsy/interesting ideas for the 1st offense.  In particular, an undrafted and apparently well crafted rookie LT out of Illinois by the name of Julian Pearl. I also think 3rd year vet Michael Woods II will be quite productive as the WR3 whatever percentage of the time the Browns aren't running Double Tight with Njoku and Fannin. As someone that bellyached before, during and after the draft with great concern about a perceived lack of attention to our OT positions - it feels GREAT to exhale again folks. Let's take a quick look at the Fighting Illini addition:

    image.thumb.png.64fa1d8864797c632245c5f930204a65.png

    image.png.a65972725fcb2c19e6e5fb4a22e40abe.png

    image.png.c24b46c9dd6da5bb7a015d353e28ec33.png

    I think many of us are confident that DT Mason Graham, RB Quinshon Judkins and LB Carson Schwesinger will earn their way into the starting line-up even though the depth chart above penciled in veterans to begin the year as the starter.  I'm looking forward to watching it all unfold.

    So, after the '24 draft he signed with the Ravens, but didn't survive roster cuts.  2 months later the Vikings signed him to their PS.  They released him a month later.  2 weeks after that, with our OL crumbling, we signed him to our PS.  And now, like last year, he's on a 90 man roster (ours).  NFL.com projected him as an average backup.  With the condition of our OL, that's probably good enough to make the team at this point.

  • @flugel said:

    As hard as it is to get past this depth chart still listing Watson 1st at QB despite a torn + re-torn achilles tendon; this has some gutsy/interesting ideas for the 1st offense.  In particular, an undrafted and apparently well crafted rookie LT out of Illinois by the name of Julian Pearl. I also think 3rd year vet Michael Woods II will be quite productive as the WR3 whatever percentage of the time the Browns aren't running Double Tight with Njoku and Fannin. As someone that bellyached before, during and after the draft with great concern about a perceived lack of attention to our OT positions - it feels GREAT to exhale again folks. Let's take a quick look at the Fighting Illini addition:

    image.thumb.png.64fa1d8864797c632245c5f930204a65.png

    image.png.a65972725fcb2c19e6e5fb4a22e40abe.png

    image.png.c24b46c9dd6da5bb7a015d353e28ec33.png

    I think many of us are confident that DT Mason Graham, RB Quinshon Judkins and LB Carson Schwesinger will earn their way into the starting line-up even though the depth chart above penciled in veterans to begin the year as the starter.  I'm looking forward to watching it all unfold.

    So, after the '24 draft he signed with the Ravens, but didn't survive roster cuts.  2 months later the Vikings signed him to their PS.  They released him a month later.  2 weeks after that, with our OL crumbling, we signed him to our PS.  And now, like last year, he's on a 90 man roster (ours).  NFL.com projected him as an average backup.  With the condition of our OL, that's probably good enough to make the team at this point.

    @orion said:

    So, after the '24 draft he signed with the Ravens, but didn't survive roster cuts.  2 months later the Vikings signed him to their PS.  They released him a month later.  2 weeks after that, with our OL crumbling, we signed him to our PS.  And now, like last year, he's on a 90 man roster (ours).  NFL.com projected him as an average backup.  With the condition of our OL, that's probably good enough to make the team at this point.

    First and foremost, thank you for posting this Orion.  Not once did I put together that 2023 being his senior year makes 2025 TWO years later; so there is THAT! 

    In spite of your points above, this can still become a positive here on a team that has had success with undrafted tackles such as Tony (T-Bone) Jones and Orlando Brown (Zeus).  Like ALL rookies last year that weren't drafted - his job was to get experience and find a niche.  The Ravens had a RB that rushed for 1925 yards behind a veteran OL last year while their QB was a finalist for MVP.  Meanwhile their starting LT Ronnie Stanley was a 1st round draft choice that has made 2 Pro Bowls so that not becoming his immediate niche is understandable.  Next, Minnesota lost their former 1st round draft pick and 4 year vet at LT Christian Darrisaw to IR late October.  That day 6 year vet David Quessenberry finished the game; and immediately thereafter the Vikings traded with the Jaguars for LT Cam Robinson. Like Baltimore, Minnesota was another team headed for the playoffs where they needed an experienced LT making it understandable why Minnesota wasn't the right place at the right time to be Pearl's niche.

    Maybe Pearl is just a dime a dozen kind of guy that isn't good enough; but the Browns just had history repeat itself with 2 Offensive Tackles ending on IR (1 a 1st round draft pick that never showed a passion for the opportunity the Browns gave him beyond the rookie year and the other that never cared about coming to training camp in shape). This is an opportunity for someone willing to bring a passion and work ethic that Wills and Jones didn't bring.  So here comes Pearl to the practice squad in December of 2024 with the Browns wanting him back here in 2025 ready for a bigger role at a position the Browns didn't address in the draft.  Ideally, you want a guy you selected in round 1 to be passionate enough to want a 2nd contract for; but Wills never brought the will.  The scary thing is Dawand Jones is the one that actually has 1st round talent; but he can't keep showing up to training camp weighing almost 400 lbs with a bad knee.  In the end, I hope Cleveland is Pearl's right place at the right time if Dawand Jones isn't interested. As I said about the last depth chart, this has some gutsy/interesting ideas for the 1st offense.  If that intuition about Pearl is wrong (very possible) - they did bring veteran OT Cornelius Lucas here.

  • @orion said:

    So, after the '24 draft he signed with the Ravens, but didn't survive roster cuts.  2 months later the Vikings signed him to their PS.  They released him a month later.  2 weeks after that, with our OL crumbling, we signed him to our PS.  And now, like last year, he's on a 90 man roster (ours).  NFL.com projected him as an average backup.  With the condition of our OL, that's probably good enough to make the team at this point.

    First and foremost, thank you for posting this Orion.  Not once did I put together that 2023 being his senior year makes 2025 TWO years later; so there is THAT! 

    In spite of your points above, this can still become a positive here on a team that has had success with undrafted tackles such as Tony (T-Bone) Jones and Orlando Brown (Zeus).  Like ALL rookies last year that weren't drafted - his job was to get experience and find a niche.  The Ravens had a RB that rushed for 1925 yards behind a veteran OL last year while their QB was a finalist for MVP.  Meanwhile their starting LT Ronnie Stanley was a 1st round draft choice that has made 2 Pro Bowls so that not becoming his immediate niche is understandable.  Next, Minnesota lost their former 1st round draft pick and 4 year vet at LT Christian Darrisaw to IR late October.  That day 6 year vet David Quessenberry finished the game; and immediately thereafter the Vikings traded with the Jaguars for LT Cam Robinson. Like Baltimore, Minnesota was another team headed for the playoffs where they needed an experienced LT making it understandable why Minnesota wasn't the right place at the right time to be Pearl's niche.

    Maybe Pearl is just a dime a dozen kind of guy that isn't good enough; but the Browns just had history repeat itself with 2 Offensive Tackles ending on IR (1 a 1st round draft pick that never showed a passion for the opportunity the Browns gave him beyond the rookie year and the other that never cared about coming to training camp in shape). This is an opportunity for someone willing to bring a passion and work ethic that Wills and Jones didn't bring.  So here comes Pearl to the practice squad in December of 2024 with the Browns wanting him back here in 2025 ready for a bigger role at a position the Browns didn't address in the draft.  Ideally, you want a guy you selected in round 1 to be passionate enough to want a 2nd contract for; but Wills never brought the will.  The scary thing is Dawand Jones is the one that actually has 1st round talent; but he can't keep showing up to training camp weighing almost 400 lbs with a bad knee.  In the end, I hope Cleveland is Pearl's right place at the right time if Dawand Jones isn't interested. As I said about the last depth chart, this has some gutsy/interesting ideas for the 1st offense.  If that intuition about Pearl is wrong (very possible) - they did bring veteran OT Cornelius Lucas here.

    @flugel said:

    Not once did I put together that 2023 being his senior year makes 2025 TWO years later

    ...he was a player that they had on their PS for the latter part of last season and obviously liked enough to get him into our offseason program.  I think projecting him as the starting LT is a bit of a stretch though. ( not you, the above depth chart )

  • Schwesinger and Graham could be Day One starters and pillars of the defense for the next decade if all goes according to plan.

    Hopefully, Schwesinger can replicate the production he had at UCLA, because his numbers were extraordinary

  • sydS syd

    Schwesinger and Graham could be Day One starters and pillars of the defense for the next decade if all goes according to plan.

    Hopefully, Schwesinger can replicate the production he had at UCLA, because his numbers were extraordinary

    @syd said:

    Schwesinger and Graham could be Day One starters and pillars of the defense for the next decade if all goes according to plan.

    Hopefully, Schwesinger can replicate the production he had at UCLA, because his numbers were extraordinary

    Indeed!  It's also conceivable Judkins and Fannin will get some reps with the 1st Offense in week one. It'll be interesting...

  • sydS syd

    Schwesinger and Graham could be Day One starters and pillars of the defense for the next decade if all goes according to plan.

    Hopefully, Schwesinger can replicate the production he had at UCLA, because his numbers were extraordinary

    @syd said:

    Schwesinger and Graham could be Day One starters and pillars

    Ya know, take away the two QB's from the draft and you're left with 5 players with the talent to have a positive impact from the get-go.  Fannin opens up that whole 2 TE thing that Stef loves so much.  

  • @syd said:

    Schwesinger and Graham could be Day One starters and pillars

    Ya know, take away the two QB's from the draft and you're left with 5 players with the talent to have a positive impact from the get-go.  Fannin opens up that whole 2 TE thing that Stef loves so much.  

    @orion said:

    Ya know, take away the two QB's from the draft and you're left with 5 players with the talent to have a positive impact from the get-go.  Fannin opens up that whole 2 TE thing that Stef loves so much.  

    I really, really like the five position players the Browns drafted, I agree, I think they all will contribute for years to come.

    Gabriel IMO was drafted too high, Sanders muddied up the QB position unnecessarily. 

  • @orion said:

    Ya know, take away the two QB's from the draft and you're left with 5 players with the talent to have a positive impact from the get-go.  Fannin opens up that whole 2 TE thing that Stef loves so much.  

    I really, really like the five position players the Browns drafted, I agree, I think they all will contribute for years to come.

    Gabriel IMO was drafted too high, Sanders muddied up the QB position unnecessarily. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Sanders muddied up the QB position unnecessarily. 

    In order for that to be true, Sanders has to be a flop.  All we have to go on right now is that a Browns 'insider' said that Sanders was the best QB at rookie mini camp.

    edit:  Wk 14  Sanders leads Browns over Ward's Titans 30-17.  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Sanders muddied up the QB position unnecessarily. 

    In order for that to be true, Sanders has to be a flop.  All we have to go on right now is that a Browns 'insider' said that Sanders was the best QB at rookie mini camp.

    edit:  Wk 14  Sanders leads Browns over Ward's Titans 30-17.  

    @orion said:

    In order for that to be true, Sanders has to be a flop.  All we have to go on right now is that a Browns 'insider' said that Sanders was the best QB at rookie mini camp.

    edit:  Wk 14  Sanders leads Browns over Ward's Titans 30-17.  

    He apparently beat out a guy in Gabriel that probably got drafted 2 or 3 rounds too soon. 

    I would definitely expect Sanders to beat him out. 

  • @orion said:

    Ya know, take away the two QB's from the draft and you're left with 5 players with the talent to have a positive impact from the get-go.  Fannin opens up that whole 2 TE thing that Stef loves so much.  

    I really, really like the five position players the Browns drafted, I agree, I think they all will contribute for years to come.

    Gabriel IMO was drafted too high, Sanders muddied up the QB position unnecessarily. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I really, really like the five position players the Browns drafted, I agree, I think they all will contribute for years to come.

    Gabriel IMO was drafted too high, Sanders muddied up the QB position unnecessarily. 

    The Sanders thing was a mess.  We heard what Deion said back in 2018 that he liked all the moves the Browns were making in the offseason but if he was a father of a top QB prospect he wouldn't want him going to them.  Even more recent (the week of the SB), he named the teams he didn't want to his son to play for. I found the video from the guy that reported it that I don't normally endorse (Cowherd) and shared it a week or 2 after the draft. Anyway, those were all the bad teams that needed to draft a QB.  1 by 1 in the 1st round every one of them gave Deion the double birdies. Round 2 - rinse and repeat, Round 3 - Cleveland rinse and repeat + Cleveland drafted the QB the FO + HC wanted most.  A guy I liked but I agree they probably could have got him later.  One thing that stood out was they were real familiar with him and his family and his mother in particular when I listened to the phone call they made to Gabriel. One of them said we told you not to worry.  

    THAT wasn't going to happen, and didn't happen, with Shedeur for obvious reasons.  Cutting through the chase - Shedeur didn't go in round 5 because of his talent or any perceived lack-thereof.  He went that late because some teams thought they could have got better interviews from a pet rock while others felt that dealing with the "Prime Time" dad was going to be distraction that won't be worth it.  When the Browns drafted Shedeur - the most excited guy in the room was Jimmy.  The cameras showed us when the FO and coaches were excited like when they called Judkins, etc.  Unlike Dillon Gabriel - they didn't tell him they drafted him because they believed in him.  They told him to be ready to come to work.  

    Looking back at our posts to each other yesterday - I can't blame you for being concerned about how the Browns orchestrated the QB selections.  The thing I take away is I truly think the Browns drafted the most accurate QB in this draft in spite of no running game to lean on or decent pass pro to count on at Colorado.  Even when the planets have aligned for the Browns to draft a QB 1st overall in 2017 and 2018 - they didn't know who Patrick Mahomes was on draft day. Meanwhile, they felt if Watson was any good they could always just trade away 3 1st round draft picks to get him with experience, playoffs and Pro Bowls while they would give him a guaranteed 230 million $ contract in lieu of a contract with rookie salary cap restrictions.  The good news was they ended up with Myles Garrett in that draft.  The bad news is they went 0-16 his rookie year so they had a 2nd consecutive chance at choosing their pick of the QB litter.  I suppose I've had sufficient training to where I should be joining you in thinking next year gives us a better shot.  To do that, I have accept another season of 3 wins or less for a pick of a litter we have no idea what the strength of it is...

  • @dutch-oven said:

    For a guy that is 6'4" - Fannin only weighs 230 lbs.  This guy could be a nightmare in the slot for many #3 Corners to try to matchup with if/when we don't line him up as a TE.  Understanding he caught 117 passes in 13 games last year - my guess he wasn't born to block more than catch.  I could definitely be wrong about that though.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I wouldn’t be surprised if they pick up a WR of significance at some point, but l sort of understand them not being too aggressive thus far with this being the “find a QB” year. 

    With 4 QBs to sort through, there’s going to be a lotta throws to evaluate in camp, and obviously they can evaluate the receiving end of those throws in the process. 

    They do have a couple round 3 guys on the roster in Tillman and Bell, a couple 5th rounders in Woods and Thrash. They might get lucky with a udfa guy. 

    I understand why they would deemphasize the WR position in FA and the draft in order to see who has improved, who steps up and who meshes best with the QBs we’re working with before making a move. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I wouldn’t be surprised if they pick up a WR of significance at some point, but l sort of understand them not being too aggressive thus far with this being the “find a QB” year. 

    With 4 QBs to sort through, there’s going to be a lotta throws to evaluate in camp, and obviously they can evaluate the receiving end of those throws in the process. 

    They do have a couple round 3 guys on the roster in Tillman and Bell, a couple 5th rounders in Woods and Thrash. They might get lucky with a udfa guy. 

    I understand why they would deemphasize the WR position in FA and the draft in order to see who has improved, who steps up and who meshes best with the QBs we’re working with before making a move. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I understand why they would deemphasize the WR position in FA and the draft in order to see who has improved, who steps up and who meshes best with the QBs we’re working with before making a move. 

    And when we added Fannin, Jr. I knew that problem was resolved. He was getting open against both Penn St and A&M regardless of where he started and this was two teams who understood he was the one they needed to stop. Neither of them could do it. Not only did he get open but even when covered like a blanket, he found ways to be the one who came down with the ball. I think Browns fans are going to love this guy.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I really, really like the five position players the Browns drafted, I agree, I think they all will contribute for years to come.

    Gabriel IMO was drafted too high, Sanders muddied up the QB position unnecessarily. 

    The Sanders thing was a mess.  We heard what Deion said back in 2018 that he liked all the moves the Browns were making in the offseason but if he was a father of a top QB prospect he wouldn't want him going to them.  Even more recent (the week of the SB), he named the teams he didn't want to his son to play for. I found the video from the guy that reported it that I don't normally endorse (Cowherd) and shared it a week or 2 after the draft. Anyway, those were all the bad teams that needed to draft a QB.  1 by 1 in the 1st round every one of them gave Deion the double birdies. Round 2 - rinse and repeat, Round 3 - Cleveland rinse and repeat + Cleveland drafted the QB the FO + HC wanted most.  A guy I liked but I agree they probably could have got him later.  One thing that stood out was they were real familiar with him and his family and his mother in particular when I listened to the phone call they made to Gabriel. One of them said we told you not to worry.  

    THAT wasn't going to happen, and didn't happen, with Shedeur for obvious reasons.  Cutting through the chase - Shedeur didn't go in round 5 because of his talent or any perceived lack-thereof.  He went that late because some teams thought they could have got better interviews from a pet rock while others felt that dealing with the "Prime Time" dad was going to be distraction that won't be worth it.  When the Browns drafted Shedeur - the most excited guy in the room was Jimmy.  The cameras showed us when the FO and coaches were excited like when they called Judkins, etc.  Unlike Dillon Gabriel - they didn't tell him they drafted him because they believed in him.  They told him to be ready to come to work.  

    Looking back at our posts to each other yesterday - I can't blame you for being concerned about how the Browns orchestrated the QB selections.  The thing I take away is I truly think the Browns drafted the most accurate QB in this draft in spite of no running game to lean on or decent pass pro to count on at Colorado.  Even when the planets have aligned for the Browns to draft a QB 1st overall in 2017 and 2018 - they didn't know who Patrick Mahomes was on draft day. Meanwhile, they felt if Watson was any good they could always just trade away 3 1st round draft picks to get him with experience, playoffs and Pro Bowls while they would give him a guaranteed 230 million $ contract in lieu of a contract with rookie salary cap restrictions.  The good news was they ended up with Myles Garrett in that draft.  The bad news is they went 0-16 his rookie year so they had a 2nd consecutive chance at choosing their pick of the QB litter.  I suppose I've had sufficient training to where I should be joining you in thinking next year gives us a better shot.  To do that, I have accept another season of 3 wins or less for a pick of a litter we have no idea what the strength of it is...

    @flugel said:

    he Sanders thing was a mess.  We heard what Deion said back in 2018

    That was during the reign of Hue Jackson.  I don't see how I can blame him for that.  But this time around is/was different.  There was a brief interview with an 'insider' to the Sanders' family & friends and he said that Deion and Shedeur loved Andrew Berry, Stef and Jimmuh from the Pro Day and the dinner together.  They were together talking multiple time and the Sanders' liked what they heard.  -  That of course doesn't mean that they're buddy-buddy for life.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    For a guy that is 6'4" - Fannin only weighs 230 lbs.  This guy could be a nightmare in the slot for many #3 Corners to try to matchup with if/when we don't line him up as a TE.  Understanding he caught 117 passes in 13 games last year - my guess he wasn't born to block more than catch.  I could definitely be wrong about that though.

    @flugel said:

    For a guy that is 6'4" - Fannin only weighs 230 lbs.  This guy could be a nightmare in the slot for many #3 Corners to try to matchup with if/when we don't line him up as a TE.  Understanding he caught 117 passes in 13 games last year - my guess he wasn't born to block more than catch.  I could definitely be wrong about that though.

    I kept asking myself, "Who does this guy remind me of that I saw do this exact kind of thing in college?" And then a neuron fired. Mike Evans of course!! 6'5" 231 lbs who finds ways to get open and come down with those 50-50 balls on a consistent basis. And always in position to block out and make the catch like a basketball player or just fake that and blow on by for long pass receptions. I think we have us the next Mike Evans!!!!

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I really, really like the five position players the Browns drafted, I agree, I think they all will contribute for years to come.

    Gabriel IMO was drafted too high, Sanders muddied up the QB position unnecessarily. 

    The Sanders thing was a mess.  We heard what Deion said back in 2018 that he liked all the moves the Browns were making in the offseason but if he was a father of a top QB prospect he wouldn't want him going to them.  Even more recent (the week of the SB), he named the teams he didn't want to his son to play for. I found the video from the guy that reported it that I don't normally endorse (Cowherd) and shared it a week or 2 after the draft. Anyway, those were all the bad teams that needed to draft a QB.  1 by 1 in the 1st round every one of them gave Deion the double birdies. Round 2 - rinse and repeat, Round 3 - Cleveland rinse and repeat + Cleveland drafted the QB the FO + HC wanted most.  A guy I liked but I agree they probably could have got him later.  One thing that stood out was they were real familiar with him and his family and his mother in particular when I listened to the phone call they made to Gabriel. One of them said we told you not to worry.  

    THAT wasn't going to happen, and didn't happen, with Shedeur for obvious reasons.  Cutting through the chase - Shedeur didn't go in round 5 because of his talent or any perceived lack-thereof.  He went that late because some teams thought they could have got better interviews from a pet rock while others felt that dealing with the "Prime Time" dad was going to be distraction that won't be worth it.  When the Browns drafted Shedeur - the most excited guy in the room was Jimmy.  The cameras showed us when the FO and coaches were excited like when they called Judkins, etc.  Unlike Dillon Gabriel - they didn't tell him they drafted him because they believed in him.  They told him to be ready to come to work.  

    Looking back at our posts to each other yesterday - I can't blame you for being concerned about how the Browns orchestrated the QB selections.  The thing I take away is I truly think the Browns drafted the most accurate QB in this draft in spite of no running game to lean on or decent pass pro to count on at Colorado.  Even when the planets have aligned for the Browns to draft a QB 1st overall in 2017 and 2018 - they didn't know who Patrick Mahomes was on draft day. Meanwhile, they felt if Watson was any good they could always just trade away 3 1st round draft picks to get him with experience, playoffs and Pro Bowls while they would give him a guaranteed 230 million $ contract in lieu of a contract with rookie salary cap restrictions.  The good news was they ended up with Myles Garrett in that draft.  The bad news is they went 0-16 his rookie year so they had a 2nd consecutive chance at choosing their pick of the QB litter.  I suppose I've had sufficient training to where I should be joining you in thinking next year gives us a better shot.  To do that, I have accept another season of 3 wins or less for a pick of a litter we have no idea what the strength of it is...

    @flugel said:

    Looking back at our posts to each other yesterday - I can't blame you for being concerned about how the Browns orchestrated the QB selections.  The thing I take away is I truly think the Browns drafted the most accurate QB in this draft in spite of no running game to lean on or decent pass pro to count on at Colorado.  Even when the planets have aligned for the Browns to draft a QB 1st overall in 2017 and 2018 - they didn't know who Patrick Mahomes was on draft day. Meanwhile, they felt if Watson was any good they could always just trade away 3 1st round draft picks to get him with experience, playoffs and Pro Bowls while they would give him a guaranteed 230 million $ contract in lieu of a contract with rookie salary cap restrictions.  The good news was they ended up with Myles Garrett in that draft.  The bad news is they went 0-16 his rookie year so they had a 2nd consecutive chance at choosing their pick of the QB litter.  I suppose I've had sufficient training to where I should be joining you in thinking next year gives us a better shot.  To do that, I have accept another season of 3 wins or less for a pick of a litter we have no idea what the strength of it is...

    While I do not find Shedeur Sanders to physically be that special of a player, I think his arm, size and athleticism are all kind of averageish, there are some attributes I do like about him. There's part of me excited to see him play this season, honestly.

    My point was that my worst case scenario was that he showed just enough this season to make the Browns think he's the guy long-term, then they skip taking a QB next draft, and Sanders ends up being not the guy. I'm not saying that is going to happen, I'd love to see the Browns be able to use two top 10-12 picks on other positions, I'm just saying that I worry about my worst case scenario happening, especially when we set ourselves up to have the capital to get a top QB prospect.

    Kind of like when Butch Davis was fighting for his Browns job and went out and got a 35 year old Jeff Garcia as a quick fix and didn't draft the kid from NW Ohio who played college ball in the MAC in Ohio. The Browns imploded shortly after Winslow fucked himself up on a motorcycle and that MAC QB from Ohio tortured the Browns for almost two decades. 

    But back to Sanders, I question if he's the type of guy to lead the Browns out of the desert. There are some guys who when the shit hits the fan, they tell everyone to jump on their back... and there are some guys who in the same position start pointing fingers at everyone else and say: "Hey man, I can only do so much myself."

    Shedeur strikes me as the latter.