Skip to content

Leroy Hoard is right

The Browns Board
49 15 1.1k 2
  • @texasag1969 said:

    Hmmm, since everyone here is blaming the JFF college success to having Mike Evans, then how does that translate for the Baker Man?

     The difference in the Tampa offense and Baker sans Mike Evans is pretty noticeable.  Both on film and stats. 

     The key is being subjective about it.  Johnny and the A&M offense leaned on Mike Evans as a singular talent and philosophy.   

     The Bucs do more of the same, just at a higher level.  

     When you lose your best weapon, your offense always suffers for it.  The difference lies in is your QB capable of exploiting other potential mismatches to their maximum effect in that absence. 

     I've always cited Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady as great examples of a QBs able to do so. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @tiamat63 said:

     The difference in the Tampa offense and Baker sans Mike Evans is pretty noticeable.  Both on film and stats. 

     The key is being subjective about it.  Johnny and the A&M offense leaned on Mike Evans as a singular talent and philosophy.   

     The Bucs do more of the same, just at a higher level.  

     When you lose your best weapon, your offense always suffers for it.  The difference lies in is your QB capable of exploiting other potential mismatches to their maximum effect in that absence. 

     I've always cited Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady as great examples of a QBs able to do so. 

    Eggs-actly!  To your point, the Bucs lost all 3 games Mike Evans missed in 2024.  

  • @tiamat63 said:

     The difference in the Tampa offense and Baker sans Mike Evans is pretty noticeable.  Both on film and stats. 

     The key is being subjective about it.  Johnny and the A&M offense leaned on Mike Evans as a singular talent and philosophy.   

     The Bucs do more of the same, just at a higher level.  

     When you lose your best weapon, your offense always suffers for it.  The difference lies in is your QB capable of exploiting other potential mismatches to their maximum effect in that absence. 

     I've always cited Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady as great examples of a QBs able to do so. 

    Eggs-actly!  To your point, the Bucs lost all 3 games Mike Evans missed in 2024.  

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @flugel said:

    Eggs-actly!  To your point, the Bucs lost all 3 games Mike Evans missed in 2024.  

    Which of course goes right back to the point I made. Baker is not an elite QB when his bailout specialist is on the sidelines. But at least he does not appear to be the fat Baker we got the year after he had a decent season here.

  • @flugel said:

    Eggs-actly!  To your point, the Bucs lost all 3 games Mike Evans missed in 2024.  

    Which of course goes right back to the point I made. Baker is not an elite QB when his bailout specialist is on the sidelines. But at least he does not appear to be the fat Baker we got the year after he had a decent season here.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @texasag1969 said:

    Which of course goes right back to the point I made. Baker is not an elite QB when his bailout specialist is on the sidelines. But at least he does not appear to be the fat Baker we got the year after he had a decent season here.

    I've brought it up quite a few times since he inherited not 1 but 2 very productive WRs (Godwin & Evans) in Tampa.  Those were 2 big reasons Tom Brady wanted him some TB Bucs aside from NE's cap situation at the time.  

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Which of course goes right back to the point I made. Baker is not an elite QB when his bailout specialist is on the sidelines. But at least he does not appear to be the fat Baker we got the year after he had a decent season here.

    I've brought it up quite a few times since he inherited not 1 but 2 very productive WRs (Godwin & Evans) in Tampa.  Those were 2 big reasons Tom Brady wanted him some TB Bucs aside from NE's cap situation at the time.  

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @flugel said:

    I've brought it up quite a few times since he inherited not 1 but 2 very productive WRs (Godwin & Evans) in Tampa.  Those were 2 big reasons Tom Brady wanted him some TB Bucs aside from NE's cap situation at the time.  

    All that said I think whoever gets the start for us will have a huge luxury of JJ, Njoku and Fannin, Jr and two very excellent rookie RBs. If the OL just does 20% better than last year's injury prone group, then our D gets the rest they need to win games. I know I'm ahead of the curve here, but I can see us with a winning regular season this year.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    lol, most of the time I wish you weren't such an arrogant fake asswhole ! You didn't have to enter or read this thread that I started. Grow up yourself. I'm guessing you "played football" at a woke college....

    Look who woke up.?

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @texasag1969 said:

    Look who woke up.?

    He used to be a really nice guy that had a Richie Cunningham vibe to him before politics made him so angry and hateful.  I used to love his football posts back in the day. 

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Look who woke up.?

    He used to be a really nice guy that had a Richie Cunningham vibe to him before politics made him so angry and hateful.  I used to love his football posts back in the day. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @flugel said:

    He used to be a really nice guy that had a Richie Cunningham vibe to him before politics made him so angry and hateful.  I used to love his football posts back in the day. 

    And I always enjoyed his outdoor posts, but don't see too many now after he became entangled in the cult of hate.

  • @flugel said:

    He used to be a really nice guy that had a Richie Cunningham vibe to him before politics made him so angry and hateful.  I used to love his football posts back in the day. 

    And I always enjoyed his outdoor posts, but don't see too many now after he became entangled in the cult of hate.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @texasag1969 said:

    the cult of hate.

    Is that the poly board?  If so, I don't go there.  It would be to scary to actually hear (read) what's going on in people's minds.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    the cult of hate.

    Is that the poly board?  If so, I don't go there.  It would be to scary to actually hear (read) what's going on in people's minds.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @orion said:

    Is that the poly board?  If so, I don't go there.  It would be to scary to actually hear (read) what's going on in people's minds.

    Minds? All you read is brainwashing over there. It's the cult residency. They refuse to use their own minds.

  • @orion said:

    Is that the poly board?  If so, I don't go there.  It would be to scary to actually hear (read) what's going on in people's minds.

    Minds? All you read is brainwashing over there. It's the cult residency. They refuse to use their own minds.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @texasag1969 said:

    All you read is brainwashing over there.