Training Camp 2025
-
As many of you know, since I post their videos here from time to time, I watch the Ultimate Cleveland Sports Show pretty regularly. They talk about the QB situation a lot. I'm pretty sure we will talk about these four QBs a ton here too.
But IMO I can't help thinking we are going to look back to this season and laugh in the future, because we will talk so much about four quarterbacks that long-term meant little to the Cleveland Browns. I think the QB who is the long term starter is still on a college campus today, waiting to get drafted by the Browns in 2026.
-
As many of you know, since I post their videos here from time to time, I watch the Ultimate Cleveland Sports Show pretty regularly. They talk about the QB situation a lot. I'm pretty sure we will talk about these four QBs a ton here too.
But IMO I can't help thinking we are going to look back to this season and laugh in the future, because we will talk so much about four quarterbacks that long-term meant little to the Cleveland Browns. I think the QB who is the long term starter is still on a college campus today, waiting to get drafted by the Browns in 2026.
IMO I can't help thinking ..... the QB who is the long term starter is still on a college campus today
And I keep hoping that it's Sanders (Gabriel is a little guy). That way we can add two 1st round picks (and their friendly contracts) to our team and really take a couple of steps forward. ( but I hope for world peace too, and that doesn't seem to work out either )
-
IMO I can't help thinking ..... the QB who is the long term starter is still on a college campus today
And I keep hoping that it's Sanders (Gabriel is a little guy). That way we can add two 1st round picks (and their friendly contracts) to our team and really take a couple of steps forward. ( but I hope for world peace too, and that doesn't seem to work out either )
And I keep hoping that it's Sanders (Gabriel is a little guy). That way we can add two 1st round picks (and their friendly contracts) to our team and really take a couple of steps forward. ( but I hope for world peace too, and that doesn't seem to work out either )
Finding your franchise QB in the 5th round would be outstanding, and would set the Browns up for years. They'd have a cheap QB for four seasons, plus as you said could use two (probably high) first rounders on other positions.
-
And I keep hoping that it's Sanders (Gabriel is a little guy). That way we can add two 1st round picks (and their friendly contracts) to our team and really take a couple of steps forward. ( but I hope for world peace too, and that doesn't seem to work out either )
Finding your franchise QB in the 5th round would be outstanding, and would set the Browns up for years. They'd have a cheap QB for four seasons, plus as you said could use two (probably high) first rounders on other positions.
Finding your franchise QB in the 5th round would be outstanding, and would set the Browns up for years. They'd have a cheap QB for four seasons, plus as you said could use two (probably high) first rounders on other positions.
Just a question. Do you really think Shedeur's talent in what was sized up as a weak QB draft is really just 5th round in this draft? Keep in mind, his dad is still the HC of Colorado just 4-5 weeks or so from their 1st game. It shouldn't be the huge distraction that critics will want to exercise their told you so's with.
The QB inviting more worry is the one they drafted in round 3 (that I liked but not that early) just 1 round after they drafted the wrong Ohio State RB in round 2. In those 2 spots, a very good LT and/or Defensive Back could have been drafted. Again, they had already added another 1st round pick for next year. Drafting 2 rookie QBs and bringing in 2 veterans QBs sends the message - "we're not very confident in ourselves but we need you to be confident in us."
This assures me, Jimmy's organization would have given up on a guy like Josh Allen in the very first signs of inevitable growing pains. It also tells me this ever so elusive "next year" has the same control freak at the top that doesn't understand how to develop a young/rookie QB. It's NOT that I'm this enormous Shedeur Sanders fan - it's that this franchise can never differentiate what treatment plan needs to be prioritized in terms of the disease or the symptoms of it. Just my opinion, they still don't get it - so fans/people will be talking about 2026 1st round QB prospects. I think a guy like Tommy Rees gets it - but a control freak owner with a fraction of his football IQ does not. Hope I'm wrong!
-
This is a better angle of the Sanders TD throw I was talking about.
The pocket presence and slide was top notch. There was a comparable call given to Gabriel and he struggled to stand call and deliver downfield.
https://www.facebook.com/share/v/1Z4dkomXwW/?mibextid=D5vuiz
-
Relinking the Twitter account where I'm going to post or repost the bulk of my updates moving forward. I'll also give some snippets here and there when I can on the forum.
Give a like and a follow if you enjoy my stuff on here.
-
Finding your franchise QB in the 5th round would be outstanding, and would set the Browns up for years. They'd have a cheap QB for four seasons, plus as you said could use two (probably high) first rounders on other positions.
Just a question. Do you really think Shedeur's talent in what was sized up as a weak QB draft is really just 5th round in this draft? Keep in mind, his dad is still the HC of Colorado just 4-5 weeks or so from their 1st game. It shouldn't be the huge distraction that critics will want to exercise their told you so's with.
The QB inviting more worry is the one they drafted in round 3 (that I liked but not that early) just 1 round after they drafted the wrong Ohio State RB in round 2. In those 2 spots, a very good LT and/or Defensive Back could have been drafted. Again, they had already added another 1st round pick for next year. Drafting 2 rookie QBs and bringing in 2 veterans QBs sends the message - "we're not very confident in ourselves but we need you to be confident in us."
This assures me, Jimmy's organization would have given up on a guy like Josh Allen in the very first signs of inevitable growing pains. It also tells me this ever so elusive "next year" has the same control freak at the top that doesn't understand how to develop a young/rookie QB. It's NOT that I'm this enormous Shedeur Sanders fan - it's that this franchise can never differentiate what treatment plan needs to be prioritized in terms of the disease or the symptoms of it. Just my opinion, they still don't get it - so fans/people will be talking about 2026 1st round QB prospects. I think a guy like Tommy Rees gets it - but a control freak owner with a fraction of his football IQ does not. Hope I'm wrong!
Again, they had already added another 1st round pick for next year. Drafting 2 rookie QBs and bringing in 2 veterans QBs sends the message - "we're not very confident
Remember, the plan was not to draft 2 QB's. They already had Pickett & Flacco and they were going to add Gabriel as the developmental QB who might be next year's backup QB to the draft pick. Sanders just happened to fall all the way to the 5th round. I mean, here we are in desperate need of a franchise QB...and here's a 5th round pick that many thought should've been a round 1 or 2 QB. I think it was smart to go ahead and add him to the mix. Who knows if he turns out to be special or not? It's worth a shot.
https://www.facebook.com/share/v/1Z4dkomXwW/?mibextid=D5vuiz
He throws some beautiful wobblers doesn't he...
He appears built for the dome. Except we don't have one.
-
-
-
Damn. He had a bad year last season, but otherwise he's been good. Let's hope it's not serious.
-
Damn. He had a bad year last season, but otherwise he's been good. Let's hope it's not serious.
-
I'm getting exhausted with the continued failure and injuries with this team.. I'm really considering finding something else to do with my Sundays rather than suffer with the bullshit that just hangs around this teams neck like an albatross... Since Art took it away... It hasn't been anything remotely like the Cleveland Browns pre-expansion version... We have crap ownership that just decided to take tail gaiting away (at new venue)... A GM who can't draft football players to save his soul and a baseball dude who lives and dies by his laptop... Something has to give man...
-
Further thoughts defense.
Further thoughts offense
-
I'm getting exhausted with the continued failure and injuries with this team.. I'm really considering finding something else to do with my Sundays rather than suffer with the bullshit that just hangs around this teams neck like an albatross... Since Art took it away... It hasn't been anything remotely like the Cleveland Browns pre-expansion version... We have crap ownership that just decided to take tail gaiting away (at new venue)... A GM who can't draft football players to save his soul and a baseball dude who lives and dies by his laptop... Something has to give man...
I'm getting exhausted with the continued failure and injuries with this team.. I'm really considering finding something else to do with my Sundays rather than suffer with the bullshit that just hangs around this teams neck like an albatross... Since Art took it away... It hasn't been anything remotely like the Cleveland Browns pre-expansion version... We have crap ownership that just decided to take tail gaiting away (at new venue)... A GM who can't draft football players to save his soul and a baseball dude who lives and dies by his laptop... Something has to give man...
But if you didn’t watch the Browns we would all miss out on your highly intelligent thoughts.
-
Further thoughts defense.
Further thoughts offense
Dawand Jones grabbing hold of the LT spot for the rest of the decade would be fantastic.
I still can’t wrap my head around why the Browns took Dillon Gabriel in Rd 3. I’d rather had Will Howard in the 6th.
-
We all knew it was coming, Emerson is officially done for the year with a torn achilles.
Looking at our depth chart at CB besides Ward, it does not look good: Chigozie Anusiem, Tony Brown II, Anthony Kendall, NIk Needham, Cameron Mitchell.
I don't think we want Chigozie or Tony Brown II chasing around Tee Higgins. If Denzel were to get injured, we will be giving up 350+ passing yards a game. I think it is a must at this point to go sign a veteran free agent CB.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

