Halftime
-
Right! And being a tall, strong armed QB doesn't always translate to good/great (Derrick Anderson). But having things that can't be taught is a good starting point.
And as much as people want to yell and scream and throw themselves on the ground and pitch a fit that thinking is analytics.
Taking info/trends and seeing what generally works and what doesn't work.
Taking a 5'9" QB with middling athletic tools in the 3rd round instead of, say, a wide receiver or OLineman on a team that desperately needs them doesn't make sense analytically. (Or in any other sense either)
Taking a 5'9" QB with middling athletic tools in the 3rd round instead of, say, a wide receiver or OLineman on a team that desperately needs them doesn't make sense analytically. (Or in any other sense either)
Makes perfect sense if you don't know shit about real football. And they don't.
-
And as much as people want to yell and scream and throw themselves on the ground and pitch a fit that thinking is analytics.
Taking info/trends and seeing what generally works and what doesn't work.
Taking a 5'9" QB with middling athletic tools in the 3rd round instead of, say, a wide receiver or OLineman on a team that desperately needs them doesn't make sense analytically. (Or in any other sense either)
Precisely! Here's a 5th round Tackle (Marcus Mbow) the NYG took this year. He was a RT at Purdue (earlier on he played OG); but he got his 1st opportunity to start at LT. Here's a video of him narrated by Former NFL Offensive Lineman Brian Baldinger:
Precisely! Here's a 5th round Tackle (Marcus Mbow) the NYG took this year. He was a RT at Purdue (earlier on he played OG); but he got his 1st opportunity to start at LT. Here's a video of him narrated by Former NFL Offensive Lineman Brian Baldinger:
I remember that you wanted him in your mock drafts and that he fell farther than either you or I figured he would, glad to hear he's doing well.
Would've been a good choice for the Browns. I still cannot believe the Browns used a top 100 pick on Gabriel.
-
Precisely! Here's a 5th round Tackle (Marcus Mbow) the NYG took this year. He was a RT at Purdue (earlier on he played OG); but he got his 1st opportunity to start at LT. Here's a video of him narrated by Former NFL Offensive Lineman Brian Baldinger:
I remember that you wanted him in your mock drafts and that he fell farther than either you or I figured he would, glad to hear he's doing well.
Would've been a good choice for the Browns. I still cannot believe the Browns used a top 100 pick on Gabriel.
I remember that you wanted him in your mock drafts and that he fell farther than either you or I figured he would, glad to hear he's doing well.
Would've been a good choice for the Browns. I still cannot believe the Browns used a top 100 pick on Gabriel.
My Athlon Draft Guide had him projected for round 3. Unfortunately my wife used my Lindy's Draft Guide as a fly swatter so I can't remember where they had him projected; since she's a lot stronger and tougher than Calfox News - I didn't give her a hard time about it.
-
I remember that you wanted him in your mock drafts and that he fell farther than either you or I figured he would, glad to hear he's doing well.
Would've been a good choice for the Browns. I still cannot believe the Browns used a top 100 pick on Gabriel.
My Athlon Draft Guide had him projected for round 3. Unfortunately my wife used my Lindy's Draft Guide as a fly swatter so I can't remember where they had him projected; since she's a lot stronger and tougher than Calfox News - I didn't give her a hard time about it.
My Athlon Draft Guide had him projected for round 3. Unfortunately my wife used my Lindy's Draft Guide as a fly swatter so I can't remember where they had him projected; since she's a lot stronger and tougher Calfox News - I didn't give her a hard time about it.
I just happen to have the Lindy's Draft Guide right here...
They had Marcus Mbow as a 1st/2nd round prospect.
-
My Athlon Draft Guide had him projected for round 3. Unfortunately my wife used my Lindy's Draft Guide as a fly swatter so I can't remember where they had him projected; since she's a lot stronger and tougher Calfox News - I didn't give her a hard time about it.
I just happen to have the Lindy's Draft Guide right here...
They had Marcus Mbow as a 1st/2nd round prospect.
I just happen to have the Lindy's Draft Guide right here...
They had Marcus Mbow as a 1st/2nd round prospect.
Yeah, we're on the same page this is the type of talent we needed in the round 3 spot where we drafted the next Doug Flutie instead.
-
I just happen to have the Lindy's Draft Guide right here...
They had Marcus Mbow as a 1st/2nd round prospect.
Yeah, we're on the same page this is the type of talent we needed in the round 3 spot where we drafted the next Doug Flutie instead.
-
Speaking of winners and losers I thought I'd throw this in there ...............................?.........daughter's novel last year hit #1 on NY Times bestseller list and today her 2nd in the series sold more in the first week than that one did and hit #3 on that list behind new ones by Grisham and Connelly the same day. Abigail Owen's "The Things Gods Break" is not really about the Browns since her heroine is actually a winner.
OK-plug for the book is done. Thanks for listening.?
-
Whoa! Do you mean Gabriel should be able to drop kick an extra point? Can ya still do that from the 2 yard line?
? ? Knock it off!
To answer your question though... Not sure - but my guess is Gabriel would have to be able to move like Flutie (and we've seen that's not possible) in order to execute such a thing. Flutie was as agile is it gets not to mention how quick he was (and I'm talking game speed not stop watch). Some stop watch gems that can't see the field well (straight ahead or peripherally) aren't as fast at the speed of NFL Game. Will Gabriel vs Sanders reach the level QB controversy Rob Johnson vs Doug Flutie got to in Buffalo?
-
And I harken back to the words of the wise old sage..."We're not interested in 4 yard runs. We want 13 yard passes." Paul DePodesta. Well, will ya settle for 4 yard passes then?
The hope was that Thrash would become a force in the passing game in his 2nd year. The year isn't over but it doesn't look like he's becoming a force.
Tillman? I forget what he looks like. Oh yeah...Bernie's number...he's a good blocker (for a receiver). Another 2 catches/game guy. Our only full size receiver. 6'3"
Isaiah out on Bond - Another rookie. Had no TC or Preseason with us. ( 2nd leading WR ) Made a nice catch once. Supposed to be fast.
...It's sad because we really need a Travis Henry on the team. But we traded him away because we've got no QB. It's almost a Chicken and the Egg thing in that what good is a QB without half decent receivers...and what good are half decent receivers without a QB. But the reality is that we do have a couple of good pass catching TE's and RB's. The QB actually does come before the egg. So we did the right thing in setting ourselves us up for the April '26 draft with 2 picks for a QB.
Top priorities for the offseason: QB ( if needed...and it's looking that way ), OL, WR. Everything else is several rungs of the ladder below. If we pick a QB towards the top of the draft in April, then EVERY remaining pick should be OL or WR. ( that's what Mike Ditka would do )
But as we saw with Anthony Schwantz... Fast doesn't always translate to good or great..
But as we saw with Anthony Schwantz... Fast doesn't always translate to good or great..
Nor does it translate to fast in an NFL game for those that don't know where they're going or how to get there (ie; experienced veterans playing faster than rookies in spite of footspeed). Vision also plays a big role per my last post above.
I didn't see your post before - but great point Nicks!
-
The Jags have put Travis Hunter on IR (knee). I haven't been following his exploits. I know that he wanted to be a starter on both sides of the ball but I don't know how much he played on D. But I assume that it now makes them weaker at 2 positions?
The Jags have put Travis Hunter on IR (knee). I haven't been following his exploits. I know that he wanted to be a starter on both sides of the ball but I don't know how much he played on D. But I assume that it now makes them weaker at 2 positions?
just in time for myself to put in the raiders D against them this weekend, So from what i understand he has been playing more on O than D and i have no idea how much of a lose he will be,,Just keep losing jags , Just keep losing
-
The Jags have put Travis Hunter on IR (knee). I haven't been following his exploits. I know that he wanted to be a starter on both sides of the ball but I don't know how much he played on D. But I assume that it now makes them weaker at 2 positions?
just in time for myself to put in the raiders D against them this weekend, So from what i understand he has been playing more on O than D and i have no idea how much of a lose he will be,,Just keep losing jags , Just keep losing
just in time for myself to put in the raiders D against them this weekend, So from what i understand he has been playing more on O than D and i have no idea how much of a lose he will be,,Just keep losing jags , Just keep losing
I had him on my FFL team he first 6 weeks and he never did shit. His best day was 64 yd receiving and in our league you get points based on yds and scoring. He never met the 70 yd scoring threshold and never had a TD. He rode my bench the entire time. O points in 6 weeks, so I dropped him at our 6 week drop/redraft date. BTW Jeudy rode my bench too with the same result. Best day was 66 yd receiving. Never scored a TD. Dropped his ass too.
-
just in time for myself to put in the raiders D against them this weekend, So from what i understand he has been playing more on O than D and i have no idea how much of a lose he will be,,Just keep losing jags , Just keep losing
I had him on my FFL team he first 6 weeks and he never did shit. His best day was 64 yd receiving and in our league you get points based on yds and scoring. He never met the 70 yd scoring threshold and never had a TD. He rode my bench the entire time. O points in 6 weeks, so I dropped him at our 6 week drop/redraft date. BTW Jeudy rode my bench too with the same result. Best day was 66 yd receiving. Never scored a TD. Dropped his ass too.
I had him on my FFL team he first 6 weeks and he never did shit. His best day was 64 yd receiving and in our league you get points based on yds and scoring. He never met the 70 yd scoring threshold and never had a TD. He rode my bench the entire time. O points in 6 weeks, so I dropped him at our 6 week drop/redraft date. BTW Jeudy rode my bench too with the same result. Best day was 66 yd receiving. Never scored a TD. Dropped his ass too.
I picked Jeanty # 1 and Hampton with my 2nd pick. Needless to say i am not doing well,Fucking rookies, but i do have Fanin and he did well last week
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login