Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. Halftime

Halftime

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
25 Posts 8 Posters 341 Views 1 Watching
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • nickersN nickers

    @orion said:

    And I harken back to the words of the wise old sage..."We're not interested in 4 yard runs.  We want 13 yard passes."  Paul DePodesta.  Well, will ya settle for 4 yard passes then?

    The hope was that Thrash would become a force in the passing game in his 2nd year.  The year isn't over but it doesn't look like he's becoming a force.

    Tillman?  I forget what he looks like.  Oh yeah...Bernie's number...he's a good blocker (for a receiver).  Another 2 catches/game guy.  Our only full size receiver.  6'3"

    Isaiah out on Bond - Another rookie.  Had no TC or Preseason with us.  ( 2nd leading WR )  Made a nice catch once.  Supposed to be fast.

    ...It's sad because we really need a Travis Henry on the team.  But we traded him away because we've got no QB.  It's almost a Chicken and the Egg thing in that what good is a QB without half decent receivers...and what good are half decent receivers without a QB.  But the reality is that we do have a couple of good pass catching TE's and RB's.  The QB actually does come before the egg.  So we did the right thing in setting ourselves us up for the April '26 draft with 2 picks for a QB.  

    Top priorities for the offseason:  QB ( if needed...and it's looking that way ),  OL, WR.    Everything else is several rungs of the ladder below.  If we pick a QB towards the top of the draft in April, then EVERY remaining pick should be OL or WR.  ( that's what Mike Ditka would do ) 🙂 

    But as we saw with Anthony Schwantz... Fast doesn't always translate to good or great..

    Flugel FlugelF Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
    • 11k Posts
    • 6k Reputation
    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @nickers said:

    But as we saw with Anthony Schwantz... Fast doesn't always translate to good or great..

    Nor does it translate to fast in an NFL game for those that don't know where they're going or how to get there (ie; experienced veterans playing faster than rookies in spite of footspeed).  Vision also plays a big role per my last post above. 

    I didn't see your post before - but great point Nicks!

    I welcome the only Defensive Coordinator to earn a Superbowl Ring in New Orleans while understanding Revenge of the Nerds is a sequel. "Come get some!"
    1 Reply Last reply
    👍
    Quote Reply
    • Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
      • 9k Posts
      • 4k Reputation
      OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
      #22

      The Jags have put Travis Hunter on IR (knee).  I haven't been following his exploits.  I know that he wanted to be a starter on both sides of the ball but I don't know how much he played on D.  But I assume that it now makes them weaker at 2 positions?  

      BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
      sydS 1 Reply Last reply
      Quote Reply
      • OrionO Orion

        The Jags have put Travis Hunter on IR (knee).  I haven't been following his exploits.  I know that he wanted to be a starter on both sides of the ball but I don't know how much he played on D.  But I assume that it now makes them weaker at 2 positions?  

        syd sydS Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
        • 7k Posts
        • 3k Reputation
        sydS syd wrote on last edited by
        #23

        @orion said:

        The Jags have put Travis Hunter on IR (knee).  I haven't been following his exploits.  I know that he wanted to be a starter on both sides of the ball but I don't know how much he played on D.  But I assume that it now makes them weaker at 2 positions?  

        just in time for myself to put in the raiders D against them this weekend, So from what i understand he has been playing more on O than D and i have no idea how much of a lose he will be,,Just keep losing jags , Just keep losing 

        T 1 Reply Last reply
        👍 😂
        Quote Reply
        • sydS syd

          @orion said:

          The Jags have put Travis Hunter on IR (knee).  I haven't been following his exploits.  I know that he wanted to be a starter on both sides of the ball but I don't know how much he played on D.  But I assume that it now makes them weaker at 2 positions?  

          just in time for myself to put in the raiders D against them this weekend, So from what i understand he has been playing more on O than D and i have no idea how much of a lose he will be,,Just keep losing jags , Just keep losing 

          TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 23k Posts
          • 6k Reputation
          T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
          #24

          @syd said:

          just in time for myself to put in the raiders D against them this weekend, So from what i understand he has been playing more on O than D and i have no idea how much of a lose he will be,,Just keep losing jags , Just keep losing 

          I had him on my FFL team he first 6 weeks and he never did shit. His best day was 64 yd receiving and in our league you get points based on yds and scoring. He never met the 70 yd scoring threshold and never had a TD. He rode my bench the entire time. O points in 6 weeks, so I dropped him at our 6 week drop/redraft date. BTW Jeudy rode my bench too with the same result. Best day was 66 yd receiving. Never scored a TD. Dropped his ass too.

          sydS 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • T TexasAg1969

            @syd said:

            just in time for myself to put in the raiders D against them this weekend, So from what i understand he has been playing more on O than D and i have no idea how much of a lose he will be,,Just keep losing jags , Just keep losing 

            I had him on my FFL team he first 6 weeks and he never did shit. His best day was 64 yd receiving and in our league you get points based on yds and scoring. He never met the 70 yd scoring threshold and never had a TD. He rode my bench the entire time. O points in 6 weeks, so I dropped him at our 6 week drop/redraft date. BTW Jeudy rode my bench too with the same result. Best day was 66 yd receiving. Never scored a TD. Dropped his ass too.

            syd sydS Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
            • 7k Posts
            • 3k Reputation
            sydS syd wrote on last edited by
            #25

            @texasag1969 said:

            I had him on my FFL team he first 6 weeks and he never did shit. His best day was 64 yd receiving and in our league you get points based on yds and scoring. He never met the 70 yd scoring threshold and never had a TD. He rode my bench the entire time. O points in 6 weeks, so I dropped him at our 6 week drop/redraft date. BTW Jeudy rode my bench too with the same result. Best day was 66 yd receiving. Never scored a TD. Dropped his ass too.

            I picked Jeanty # 1  and Hampton with my 2nd pick. Needless to say i am not doing well,Fucking rookies, but i do have Fanin and he did well last week

            1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply

            Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

            Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

            With your input, this post could be even better 💗

            Register Login
            Reply
            • Reply as topic
            Log in to reply
            • Oldest to Newest
            • Newest to Oldest
            • Most Votes


            Theme
            • System
            • Light
            • Dark
            The Browns Board Terms Privacy

            The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

            • First post
              Last post
            0
            • Forums
            • Recent
            • Popular
            • Users
            • Donate