Skip to content

The Official Browns vs Raiders Game 11 Thread

The Browns Board
155 22 2.1k 1
  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #90

    Well I'll be damned, Sampson looked like he was shot out of a cannon. 

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #91

    Happiness

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #92

    Dagger touchdown. 

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #93

    Fannin maybe two blocks on that play 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #94

    First time a Browns QB has won his first NFL start since Eric Zeier in 1995. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #95

    That penalty was nonsense on Cam Thomas. 

  • First time a Browns QB has won his first NFL start since Eric Zeier in 1995. 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #96

    @dutch-oven said:

    First time a Browns QB has won his first NFL start since Eric Zeier in 1995. 

    I heard that too on NFL Network this morning.  And I remember that game and thinking we had the next guy and Bernie Part 2…until the following week they announced their move 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    First time a Browns QB has won his first NFL start since Eric Zeier in 1995. 

    I heard that too on NFL Network this morning.  And I remember that game and thinking we had the next guy and Bernie Part 2…until the following week they announced their move 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #97

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I heard that too on NFL Network this morning.  And I remember that game and thinking we had the next guy and Bernie Part 2…until the following week they announced their move 

    It was such a weird time to be a Cleveland sports fan.

    The Indians were a juggernaut that were in a beautiful two year old ballpark after decades of being a complete afterthought, and the Browns were leaving town. 

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #98

    Good to see Judkins back in the game.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I heard that too on NFL Network this morning.  And I remember that game and thinking we had the next guy and Bernie Part 2…until the following week they announced their move 

    It was such a weird time to be a Cleveland sports fan.

    The Indians were a juggernaut that were in a beautiful two year old ballpark after decades of being a complete afterthought, and the Browns were leaving town. 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #99

    @dutch-oven said:

    It was such a weird time to be a Cleveland sports fan.

    The Indians were a juggernaut that were in a beautiful two year old ballpark after decades of being a complete afterthought, and the Browns were leaving town. 

    Yep.  I leaned into baseball more became a bigger OSU fan I think I watched maybe a handful of NFL games the following year. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    It was such a weird time to be a Cleveland sports fan.

    The Indians were a juggernaut that were in a beautiful two year old ballpark after decades of being a complete afterthought, and the Browns were leaving town. 

    Yep.  I leaned into baseball more became a bigger OSU fan I think I watched maybe a handful of NFL games the following year. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Yep.  I leaned into baseball more became a bigger OSU fan I think I watched maybe a handful of NFL games the following year. 

    Yeah, now that I think of it I started really following Ohio State after the Browns left too. I always rooted for them but it wasn't anything like the Browns. I could be wrong, but I swear growing up in the 80s/early 90s I don't recall Ohio State having the following here in NE Ohio like they have in the last 25 years or so. I remember once in the early 90s they played Northwestern at Cleveland Stadium and I don't recall it being a huge deal  If Ohio State played in Cleveland now it would be bananas. 

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Meanwhile Myles is just Myles.

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by

    Well it's safe to say the raiders are bozos but a win is a win and it's pretty clear the players believe in sanders more than the fans do. Was he spectacular? Not really. Was he workable? Yes. 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Yep.  I leaned into baseball more became a bigger OSU fan I think I watched maybe a handful of NFL games the following year. 

    Yeah, now that I think of it I started really following Ohio State after the Browns left too. I always rooted for them but it wasn't anything like the Browns. I could be wrong, but I swear growing up in the 80s/early 90s I don't recall Ohio State having the following here in NE Ohio like they have in the last 25 years or so. I remember once in the early 90s they played Northwestern at Cleveland Stadium and I don't recall it being a huge deal  If Ohio State played in Cleveland now it would be bananas. 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Yeah, now that I think of it I started really following Ohio State after the Browns left too. I always rooted for them but it wasn't anything like the Browns. I could be wrong, but I swear growing up in the 80s/early 90s I don't recall Ohio State having the following here in NE Ohio like they have in the last 25 years or so. I remember once in the early 90s they played Northwestern at Cleveland Stadium and I don't recall it being a huge deal  If Ohio State played in Cleveland now it would be bananas. 

    Growing up I recall lots of Notre Dame Fans especially in the Youngstown area.  And then OSU emerged and beat them a couple times in the mid 90s.

    The Browns leaving but also Eddie George really rejuvenated OSU and their following. And then you have Tressel I don’t know if he made an impact in the Cleveland area specifically but when he went to OSU he brought a lot of eyes around Trumbull/Mahoning and other areas to OSU. 
     

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Game - blouses. 

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    It was also nice to see what Sampson has to offer....................speed and moves out of the backfield.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Yeah, now that I think of it I started really following Ohio State after the Browns left too. I always rooted for them but it wasn't anything like the Browns. I could be wrong, but I swear growing up in the 80s/early 90s I don't recall Ohio State having the following here in NE Ohio like they have in the last 25 years or so. I remember once in the early 90s they played Northwestern at Cleveland Stadium and I don't recall it being a huge deal  If Ohio State played in Cleveland now it would be bananas. 

    Growing up I recall lots of Notre Dame Fans especially in the Youngstown area.  And then OSU emerged and beat them a couple times in the mid 90s.

    The Browns leaving but also Eddie George really rejuvenated OSU and their following. And then you have Tressel I don’t know if he made an impact in the Cleveland area specifically but when he went to OSU he brought a lot of eyes around Trumbull/Mahoning and other areas to OSU. 
     

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Growing up I recall lots of Notre Dame Fans especially in the Youngstown area.  And then OSU emerged and beat them a couple times in the mid 90s.

    The Browns leaving but also Eddie George really rejuvenated OSU and their following. And then you have Tressel I don’t know if he made an impact in the Cleveland area specifically but when he went to OSU he brought a lot of eyes around Trumbull/Mahoning and other areas to OSU. 
     

    I really think Tressel coming in, consistently beat scUM and winning the national title made NE Ohio a diehard OhIo State region. 

    The Youngstown area being an area with a lot of Notre Dame fans makes sense, considering the large Italian/Eastern European Catholic population there. 

    mjp was a Mahoning Valley resident and like me, a Ohio State first but also a ND fan too. 

  • It was also nice to see what Sampson has to offer....................speed and moves out of the backfield.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    It was also nice to see what Sampson has to offer....................speed and moves out of the backfield.

    I was just thinking early on that he's been pretty much MIA since the opener, nice to see him contribute. 

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    wow sanders really sucked 

  • sydS syd

    wow sanders really sucked 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    wow sanders really sucked 

    Yeah, he forgot we were tanking for a real QB.