Draft so you can win more games
-
On NFLN tonight at 8pm.. Tennessee at Cleveland . A showcase of 2 Rookie QB's. Ward at Sanders
This may have been the worse game I've ever seen #9 Grant Delpit ever play ? (lackluster angles/effort and ya can't tackle high)
Caleb Downs at pick 6 vs Grant Delpit a 2.44 pick..
Grant Delpit is due a contract after the 2026 season
-
On NFLN tonight at 8pm.. Tennessee at Cleveland . A showcase of 2 Rookie QB's. Ward at Sanders
This may have been the worse game I've ever seen #9 Grant Delpit ever play ? (lackluster angles/effort and ya can't tackle high)
Caleb Downs at pick 6 vs Grant Delpit a 2.44 pick..
Grant Delpit is due a contract after the 2026 season
On NFLN tonight at 8pm.. Tennessee at Cleveland . A showcase of 2 Rookie QB's. Ward at Sanders
This may have been the worse game I've ever seen #9 Grant Delpit ever play ? (lackluster angles/effort and ya can't tackle high)
Caleb Downs at pick 6 vs Grant Delpit a 2.44 pick..
Grant Delpit is due a contract after the 2026 season
Yeah, I love Delpit close to the LOS in run support, but he's never been great in pass coverage ( while not awful).
I think we'd all like to see Downs as a Brown, but their offense was so awful I just don't see them drafting any defensive player in the 1st round.
-
On NFLN tonight at 8pm.. Tennessee at Cleveland . A showcase of 2 Rookie QB's. Ward at Sanders
This may have been the worse game I've ever seen #9 Grant Delpit ever play ? (lackluster angles/effort and ya can't tackle high)
Caleb Downs at pick 6 vs Grant Delpit a 2.44 pick..
Grant Delpit is due a contract after the 2026 season
Yeah, I love Delpit close to the LOS in run support, but he's never been great in pass coverage ( while not awful).
I think we'd all like to see Downs as a Brown, but their offense was so awful I just don't see them drafting any defensive player in the 1st round.
Yeah, I love Delpit close to the LOS in run support, but he's never been great in pass coverage ( while not awful).
I think we'd all like to see Downs as a Brown, but their offense was so awful I just don't see them drafting any defensive player in the 1st round.
Would I be irate if they took Downs? No.
But this offense is in shambles. My hope is they invest heavily in the offense, specifically on the OLine and WR so if they take a QB in Round 1 in 2027 he isn't coming into a barren wasteland.
Looking at this draft and how it seems to be shaking out, I kind of like the idea of trading down a little out of #6 and taking a tackle (Lomu?) and then possibly moving up from #24 to get a WR (Boston?).
-
I don't see any real value in trading up early in the draft. I think we would find more value trading a couple of 5th rounders to move up elsewhere.
-
I don't see any real value in trading up early in the draft. I think we would find more value trading a couple of 5th rounders to move up elsewhere.
I don't see any real value in trading up early in the draft. I think we would find more value trading a couple of 5th rounders to move up elsewhere.
I don't see any real value in sitting pat at #24 and seeing all the top tier WRs come off the board before you can pick at a position you are desperate to fix, but I'm a silly goose that way.
-
Yeah, I love Delpit close to the LOS in run support, but he's never been great in pass coverage ( while not awful).
I think we'd all like to see Downs as a Brown, but their offense was so awful I just don't see them drafting any defensive player in the 1st round.
Would I be irate if they took Downs? No.
But this offense is in shambles. My hope is they invest heavily in the offense, specifically on the OLine and WR so if they take a QB in Round 1 in 2027 he isn't coming into a barren wasteland.
Looking at this draft and how it seems to be shaking out, I kind of like the idea of trading down a little out of #6 and taking a tackle (Lomu?) and then possibly moving up from #24 to get a WR (Boston?).
get a WR (Boston?)
I like him. And I agree, would probably be gone before pick 24.
-
get a WR (Boston?)
I like him. And I agree, would probably be gone before pick 24.
I like him. And I agree, would probably be gone before pick 24.
yeah, Boston would be a terrific pick at 24, but I had to be honest and figure he would be gone at least a few picks before the Browns could draft him. I've seen a few mocks that have Mauioga and Fano drafted before the #6 pick. Trouble is, I wouldn't pass up the L/R OG for Boston, with the Browns needing to revamp their offensive line so much. so confusing.
-
I like him. And I agree, would probably be gone before pick 24.
yeah, Boston would be a terrific pick at 24, but I had to be honest and figure he would be gone at least a few picks before the Browns could draft him. I've seen a few mocks that have Mauioga and Fano drafted before the #6 pick. Trouble is, I wouldn't pass up the L/R OG for Boston, with the Browns needing to revamp their offensive line so much. so confusing.
-
Now, this player would help us to win more games...if we had people that could block big fat guys.
“This kid, Carnell Tate, he has the length, he has incredible velcro hands. He doesn’t drop any passes. He blocks. He’s unselfish. He’s a tremendous route-runner. He’s NFL-ready to come in as a rookie. To me, for this football team in Cleveland, Shedeur Sanders made a lot of really good throws, some were dropped, they didn’t catch the football. Also, weather, he’s dealt with that at Ohio State and Columbus. For me, if he’s there at six, he’s a great pick for the Cleveland Browns,” Kiper said.
-
The son-in-law. I guess he doesn't realize that we're going into another football season not knowing if our opening day QB is on the team or not. That our OL & WR's were among the league's worst last year. That our HC & Coordinators are all 1st timers. - He better be excited for 'what we can do this offseason'...because it's going to take a whale of an offseason to put a respectable offense on the field next season.
In a recent appearance on The Big Play Cleveland Show, Browns Vice President JW Johnson made it clear that the organization views its position far differently than many critics and analysts.
“It’s very hard to win in this league. People don’t think we are as close as we are. I don’t think we are as far as people think we are. I’m excited to see what we can do this offseason,” Johnson said.
-
The son-in-law. I guess he doesn't realize that we're going into another football season not knowing if our opening day QB is on the team or not. That our OL & WR's were among the league's worst last year. That our HC & Coordinators are all 1st timers. - He better be excited for 'what we can do this offseason'...because it's going to take a whale of an offseason to put a respectable offense on the field next season.
In a recent appearance on The Big Play Cleveland Show, Browns Vice President JW Johnson made it clear that the organization views its position far differently than many critics and analysts.
“It’s very hard to win in this league. People don’t think we are as close as we are. I don’t think we are as far as people think we are. I’m excited to see what we can do this offseason,” Johnson said.
In a recent appearance on The Big Play Cleveland Show, Browns Vice President JW Johnson made it clear that the organization views its position far differently than many critics and analysts.
“It’s very hard to win in this league. People don’t think we are as close as we are. I don’t think we are as far as people think we are. I’m excited to see what we can do this offseason,” Johnson said.
oh, my. "yeah, we are close to going to the superbowl, all we need is a few more good/great drafts, a bunch of new offensive linemen, and a few top wr's and a quarterback"...we are so close" lol
-
The son-in-law. I guess he doesn't realize that we're going into another football season not knowing if our opening day QB is on the team or not. That our OL & WR's were among the league's worst last year. That our HC & Coordinators are all 1st timers. - He better be excited for 'what we can do this offseason'...because it's going to take a whale of an offseason to put a respectable offense on the field next season.
In a recent appearance on The Big Play Cleveland Show, Browns Vice President JW Johnson made it clear that the organization views its position far differently than many critics and analysts.
“It’s very hard to win in this league. People don’t think we are as close as we are. I don’t think we are as far as people think we are. I’m excited to see what we can do this offseason,” Johnson said.
The son-in-law. I guess he doesn't realize that we're going into another football season not knowing if our opening day QB is on the team or not. That our OL & WR's were among the league's worst last year. That our HC & Coordinators are all 1st timers. - He better be excited for 'what we can do this offseason'...because it's going to take a whale of an offseason to put a respectable offense on the field next season.
In a recent appearance on The Big Play Cleveland Show, Browns Vice President JW Johnson made it clear that the organization views its position far differently than many critics and analysts.
“It’s very hard to win in this league. People don’t think we are as close as we are. I don’t think we are as far as people think we are. I’m excited to see what we can do this offseason,” Johnson said.
That's precisely why this team went 3-14 in 2024 and 5-12 in 2025 for a combined 8-26 record deeply appreciated by the oblivious ownership and FO. Jimmy's son-in-law packing the crackpipe wisdom. Actions speak louder than words...
-
Now, this player would help us to win more games...if we had people that could block big fat guys.
“This kid, Carnell Tate, he has the length, he has incredible velcro hands. He doesn’t drop any passes. He blocks. He’s unselfish. He’s a tremendous route-runner. He’s NFL-ready to come in as a rookie. To me, for this football team in Cleveland, Shedeur Sanders made a lot of really good throws, some were dropped, they didn’t catch the football. Also, weather, he’s dealt with that at Ohio State and Columbus. For me, if he’s there at six, he’s a great pick for the Cleveland Browns,” Kiper said.
Now, this player would help us to win more games...if we had people that could block big fat guys.
“This kid, Carnell Tate, he has the length, he has incredible velcro hands. He doesn’t drop any passes. He blocks. He’s unselfish. He’s a tremendous route-runner. He’s NFL-ready to come in as a rookie. To me, for this football team in Cleveland, Shedeur Sanders made a lot of really good throws, some were dropped, they didn’t catch the football. Also, weather, he’s dealt with that at Ohio State and Columbus. For me, if he’s there at six, he’s a great pick for the Cleveland Browns,” Kiper said.
If the Big Uglies upfront can't block AGAIN the Browns might want to consider a WR that gets open immediately at the line of scrimmage. WRs that can change direction at the onset of a route can separate quickly enough for a QB sentenced to no time to throw. There's no disputing Carnell Tate's immense talent especially since many of us Ohio State fans have seen more of him than any other receiver in this draft. That said, if you want to see Tate at his best downfield - it ain't gonna happen with the substandard OTackles this FO counted on the last 2 years. Am I wrong saying the biggest concern right now is the inventory of brain cells in charge of getting the right OL personnel that can win in the trenches consistently enough for reliability?
-
Now, this player would help us to win more games...if we had people that could block big fat guys.
“This kid, Carnell Tate, he has the length, he has incredible velcro hands. He doesn’t drop any passes. He blocks. He’s unselfish. He’s a tremendous route-runner. He’s NFL-ready to come in as a rookie. To me, for this football team in Cleveland, Shedeur Sanders made a lot of really good throws, some were dropped, they didn’t catch the football. Also, weather, he’s dealt with that at Ohio State and Columbus. For me, if he’s there at six, he’s a great pick for the Cleveland Browns,” Kiper said.
If the Big Uglies upfront can't block AGAIN the Browns might want to consider a WR that gets open immediately at the line of scrimmage. WRs that can change direction at the onset of a route can separate quickly enough for a QB sentenced to no time to throw. There's no disputing Carnell Tate's immense talent especially since many of us Ohio State fans have seen more of him than any other receiver in this draft. That said, if you want to see Tate at his best downfield - it ain't gonna happen with the substandard OTackles this FO counted on the last 2 years. Am I wrong saying the biggest concern right now is the inventory of brain cells in charge of getting the right OL personnel that can win in the trenches consistently enough for reliability?
If the Big Uglies upfront can't block AGAIN the Browns might want to consider a WR that gets open immediately at the line of scrimmage. WRs that can change direction at the onset of a route can separate quickly enough for a QB sentenced to no time to throw. There's no disputing Carnell Tate's immense talent especially since many of us Ohio State fans have seen more of him than any other receiver in this draft. That said, if you want to see Tate at his best downfield - it ain't gonna happen with the substandard OTackles this FO counted on the last 2 years. Am I wrong saying the biggest concern right now is the inventory of brain cells in charge of getting the right OL personnel that can win in the trenches consistently enough for reliability?
One of the best OSU has produced making contested catches - that’s just about every NFL pass. Had some amazing sideline toe taps. Smooth route runner. Probably not the suddenness explosiveness and top end speed like some of the other OSU greats. Dare I say he was more reliable than J. Smith this past year. High character.
If you made me take a WR at 6 I’d take Tate every time over Jaylen Tyson. But This class has good WR depth.
BPA at 6 for me- and it is a defensive player.
24 OT
2nd round WR
3rd round trade for OL
-
If the Big Uglies upfront can't block AGAIN the Browns might want to consider a WR that gets open immediately at the line of scrimmage. WRs that can change direction at the onset of a route can separate quickly enough for a QB sentenced to no time to throw. There's no disputing Carnell Tate's immense talent especially since many of us Ohio State fans have seen more of him than any other receiver in this draft. That said, if you want to see Tate at his best downfield - it ain't gonna happen with the substandard OTackles this FO counted on the last 2 years. Am I wrong saying the biggest concern right now is the inventory of brain cells in charge of getting the right OL personnel that can win in the trenches consistently enough for reliability?
One of the best OSU has produced making contested catches - that’s just about every NFL pass. Had some amazing sideline toe taps. Smooth route runner. Probably not the suddenness explosiveness and top end speed like some of the other OSU greats. Dare I say he was more reliable than J. Smith this past year. High character.
If you made me take a WR at 6 I’d take Tate every time over Jaylen Tyson. But This class has good WR depth.
BPA at 6 for me- and it is a defensive player.
24 OT
2nd round WR
3rd round trade for OL
One of the best OSU has produced making contested catches - that’s just about every NFL pass. Had some amazing sideline toe taps. Smooth route runner. Probably not the suddenness explosiveness and top end speed like some of the other OSU greats. Dare I say he was more reliable than J. Smith this past year. High character.
If you made me take a WR at 6 I’d take home every time of Jaylen Tyson. This class has good WR depth.
BPA at 6 for me- and it is a defensive player.
24 OT
2nd round WR
Well said! Yeah, ASU's Jordyn Tyson's highlights are fun to watch for sure! I didn't think I'd ever see a Buckeye's WR track the deep ball better than then guy below. I was WRONG!
-
One of the best OSU has produced making contested catches - that’s just about every NFL pass. Had some amazing sideline toe taps. Smooth route runner. Probably not the suddenness explosiveness and top end speed like some of the other OSU greats. Dare I say he was more reliable than J. Smith this past year. High character.
If you made me take a WR at 6 I’d take home every time of Jaylen Tyson. This class has good WR depth.
BPA at 6 for me- and it is a defensive player.
24 OT
2nd round WR
Well said! Yeah, ASU's Jordyn Tyson's highlights are fun to watch for sure! I didn't think I'd ever see a Buckeye's WR track the deep ball better than then guy below. I was WRONG!
Well said! Yeah, ASU's Jordyn Tyson's highlights are fun to watch for sure! I didn't think I'd ever see a Buckeye's WR track the deep ball better than then guy below. I was WRONG!
I think he tore his knee up twice early in his career and for a 4.4 guy that’s no good.
By all accounts Tate is not a 4.4 runner.
-
Speaking of players most of us don't want the Browns to draft because they aren't a Tackle or Wide Receiver, Ohio State linebackers Arvell Reese and Sonny Styles both posted sub 4.5 forty yard dashes at the Combine. Styles posted the best vertical leap in Combine history for a LB.
-
Speaking of players most of us don't want the Browns to draft because they aren't a Tackle or Wide Receiver, Ohio State linebackers Arvell Reese and Sonny Styles both posted sub 4.5 forty yard dashes at the Combine. Styles posted the best vertical leap in Combine history for a LB.
Speaking of players most of us don't want the Browns to draft because they aren't a Tackle or Wide Receiver, Ohio State linebackers Arvell Reese and Sonny Styles both posted sub 4.5 forty yard dashes at the Combine. Styles posted the best vertical leap in Combine history for a LB.
I saw it! Tell you what Dutch - Dave's Insanity Sauce isn't even that HOT or INSANE. For 1 of those guys - "Welcome to the Jets!"
-
Speaking of players most of us don't want the Browns to draft because they aren't a Tackle or Wide Receiver, Ohio State linebackers Arvell Reese and Sonny Styles both posted sub 4.5 forty yard dashes at the Combine. Styles posted the best vertical leap in Combine history for a LB.
I saw it! Tell you what Dutch - Dave's Insanity Sauce isn't even that HOT or INSANE. For 1 of those guys - "Welcome to the Jets!"
I saw it! Tell you what Dutch - Dave's Insanity Sauce isn't even that HOT or INSANE. For 1 of those guys - "Welcome to the Jets!"
Just when it couldn't get any more outrageous - here comes Lo Styles Jr with an official 4.27. I'm watching that eating cookie dough ice cream telling my wife "I love exercise - I could watch it all day."
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login