Skip to content

Peter King

The Browns Board
26 17 2.8k
  • I'm definitely not hanging any of the legitimate drops on Anderson. (4-5ish) It's a total concentration and spirit killer for Anderson. I think that our coaches do not actually know what they have at quarterback right now. They made a mistake, and are using the "best chance to win" to cover it up. They can fall back to the 2007 season for a response as to why Anderson is starting (just like many on the board are doing).

    But yeah, I'm in total agreement regarding the necessity of the locker-room overhaul. The aww-shucks attitude garners no respect. (Trying. to. avoid. another rip. on. DA.) whew. And the no-discipline leads to the mental failure we see out there every week (and saw for the past several years). Drops included.

  • Legacy, as bad as it sounds....DA was the pick all along and if EM's track record with Pennington vs. Clemens can be of any guidance then he's just going to pick the guy and move on without wasting any more time on it. Some might argue that it's better that way because it muffles the arguing but in the end (as we all know) you don't really have a QB in that instance.

  • What burns me up is the totality of the K2, Sanchez, BE deal. MoMass could have still been had. And maybe Magoola too. I wasn't high on Rey, but he's playing fairly well. And he's playing. Cant say the same for Veikune.

    Sanchez doesnt seem to have any trouble throwing to BE. Imagine what we could have had for Quinn.

    This is a serious mistake in player eval on Manini's part. 2.5 games? Total Bullshit. That kind of evaluation could have been made in the offseason.

    Hell, Lumberg made it 2 years ago. 🙄

    @legacy-fan said:

    Sanchez doesnt seem to have any trouble throwing to BE. Imagine what we could have had for Quinn.

    Remember the night he and DA put up against the Giants on Monday Night last year? It dwarfed that last game.

    Just reinforces that Braylon gives effort when Braylon gives effort. And he quit doing it outside of Monday Night for Mangini and Crennell before him.

    He had to go.

  • @legacy-fan said:

    Sanchez doesnt seem to have any trouble throwing to BE. Imagine what we could have had for Quinn.

    Remember the night he and DA put up against the Giants on Monday Night last year? It dwarfed that last game.

    Just reinforces that Braylon gives effort when Braylon gives effort. And he quit doing it outside of Monday Night for Mangini and Crennell before him.

    He had to go.

    @chip-banks said:

    Remember the night he and DA put up against the Giants on Monday Night last year? It dwarfed that last game.

    Just reinforces that Braylon gives effort when Braylon gives effort. And he quit doing it outside of Monday Night for Mangini and Crennell before him.

    He had to go.

    Cant argue with that. Time will tell if BE only gave effort for a scattershot QB who got all of the credit for the 2007 season despite the circus catches routinely made by BE & K2 only when the rest of the world was watching (MNF's), instead of every Sunday. Because in his mind, the UM-tOSU thing existed, and why would he give it all for fans who didnt care for him?

    (Just positing, I think for anyone to feel & act that way is completely ridiculous, but not out of the realm of possibility.)

  • I posted this earlier today. Guess people don't use the scroll button on their mouses. 😕

  • The pessimist view on Kok's quote is he's simply buying time.

    Seriously, why would he say something like: "Savage did a great job assembling talent for the most part. We're only a few pieces away from being competitive." Even if they believed that (doubtful) they still would say something more like ... well .... what he said.

  • Tweet:

    RT @mark_w_wellner: Any chance Joe Thomas gets traded to the packers? ... In the immortal words of Dean Wormer: 'Zero point zero zero.'

    about 13 hours ago from TweetDeck

    http://twitter.com/SI_PeterKing

  • I believe that Mangini and Kokinis turned over 26 players in the off season (cut or released) I think of those 26, 2 are on active rosters (53 man squads) and a couple on practice squads. I mean thats freakin bad..really bad. So it stands to reason theres a couple more guys who should be gone , but just can't be gone..YET. 11 draft picks is huge and allows a ton of manueving on Draft Day up or down depending what they are looking for.

    Taking into account the Ravens drafts and the Jet drafts over the last 3-4 years I'm pretty confident that George and Eric will be bringin in some "Baller's".

    Things are moving in the right direction for the Browns...FINALLY

  • All I have to say is that if we beat Pittsburgh by some miracle, I will truly believe.

  • I'm not a predictor, but in saying that we will give the Steelers a good game..The defense looks like its starting to grasp the concepts that are being taught and good pressure on Ben will occur.

    I'm not trying to criticize Romeo and Phil but the "fact" in my last post is a telling one for sure

    I think EM and GK have a plan and are working toward that moving forward.

  • @jadbf said:

    I just really can't over estimate how important it is for a regime to be able to get the players to buy into what ever system they are building. Yes you need good players too. But you can have the best athlete in the game, and if he doesn't buy into your system, it's like driving your ferrari with the parking break stuck on.

    See TO as an example on many teams.

    And it's why great head coaches make average players look exceptional.

    GOOD POINT J! And alot of people don't realize the addition by subtraction of Divas that may have this elite talent but they ALSO think they know more than the new coaching staff workngn with them.

    Here's a reality - how many wins does the Winslow's new team have since he joined them? Okay, how many wins have the Jets enjoyed since Edwards arrived?

    It sure seems like Shaun Rogers is emerging as the leader we'd hoped he'd be especially in the last 2 weeks. Is it a coincidence that this is around the same time Braylon was sent packing and all that was in the works behind the scenes?

    SOMETIMES the hope is one of the Superstars takes pride that he's the man and he becomes MORE of a Ray Lewis type of leader (not so much in greatness but via EXAMPLE). I pretty much learned the difference in the Pittsburgh Steelers WITH #43 and WITHOUT him. It's enormous. He's not loud but who outworks the most talented player on that defense?

    I can't join the media people that want to jump on every impefection that remains in the first season of transition with the new brass. All I can do is feel upbeat we have a STRONG pulse from the following young players:

    Joe Thomas

    Jerome Harrison

    Alex Mack

    Abraham Elam

    Kam Wimbley (he's BACK)

    Eric Wright

    Josh Cribbs

    MoMass (we'll really see this when we get a legit #1 WR as we saw when Cincy rolled their coverages to Edwards)

    D'Qwell Jackson (last couple of weeks showed me something)

    Lawrence Vickers

    I don't think we're as far away as it appears sometimes. Refraining from the QB Civil War in this thread, I think the places we're hurting most is TE and at the #1 WR spot. I wish Braylon well in NY - BUT that's not the place you want to be dropping passes on 3rd down at home. They'll be a little more vicious in the press when/if that re-surfaces there. I promise!

    - Tom F.