Something Strange Is Happening
-
Is it just me, or would anyone else at least feel better about the season if they went ahead and gave Cribbs the contract he deserves....
Is it just me, or would anyone else at least feel better about the season if they went ahead and gave Cribbs the contract he deserves....
why would they want to give us something to cheer about?
-
Players like Terrel Owens, etc,
want to be in the big city limelight. That will always happen a lot...
it's the Yankees syndrome.
But, the players who love the GAME, and respect the coach and the history,
will come here.
-
Is it just me, or would anyone else at least feel better about the season if they went ahead and gave Cribbs the contract he deserves....
Is it just me, or would anyone else at least feel better about the season if they went ahead and gave Cribbs the contract he deserves....
I'm mixed on this subject. Of all the dumb contracts we have structured this decade where the browns come out on the losing end often, this is one contract that was done well and favorable to the team/franchise ... yet it brings the team/franchise the most heat.
Cribbs was an undrafted free agent. I remember raising an eye-brow at the signing of the running QB from lowly Kent State, especially considering that he would become teammates with Frye, his across town college rival.
Finding a roster spot as a kick returner made Cribbs world. The kid was thrilled that the Browns showed interest in him and he made the team. He re-paid them with great effort and ability. They re-paid him and thrilled him beyond belief inking him to a longterm deal.
Now, this same deal is a blackeye, shortly into it's longness.
I'm still on the Browns side on this one. I believe they will pay him more to keep him happy, but I can understand Mangini not approving the upgrade until they could adequately find some other area he could contribute in besides returning kicks & punts. This is still undetermined, as should the bottomline of the upgraded contract should be.
Waiting to figure this out instead of paying him like Hester and asuming he would contribute offensively is one of the Browns better decisions of the new era.
He hasn't exactly been even decent as a WR (fumbled just last Sunday), we really don't have the personnel to compliment him in the WildDawg, he ain't going to play QB, he obviously didn't work out at Safety ... he's still a P/K returner with an asterisk ... an undrafted P/K returner with an asterisk.
Our best player? But what does that say/mean?
-
Cribbs had just recieved a new very lucrative contract. he has don NOTHING to show he deserves more than the NICE contract he just recieved..Just another greedy nfl player who is jealous of the money someone else is making. If he did not like the NEW contract he just got..then he should not have signed it...he has no one to blame but himself..Shut up and play.
-
@ peen "To me, the real skill players are the linemen...I bet Joe Thomas would be a better runner than AP would be a LT."
What??/
Anyway to the original poster D bone...I'm 41 and I tell you I lived in Cleveland 34 years, then moved to socal for two years and since been in Austin TX....last year was the first year I didn't buy the NFL ticket on Dtv....but went to a bar to watch every sunday or listened to it on the internet...this year? haven't even tried hard to find it on the internet or wasted $ to go watch it at a bar...and really? It isn't that bothersome. for the first time in my life I absolutely hate that we are again the laughing stock....I'll wear my Browns hat and people literally laugh at me....don't really care because it is a testament.... but they only thing we are considered.... is a joke! Just horrible football year in and year out....apathy does set in and really hard to comeback from....this coach is the antithesis of someone who motivates and instills trust in his players or the fans, who wants to run through a wall for a coach like this? NOBODY! he want to be diligent and deliberate and analyze....those words don't belong on a football field....Attack, swarm, "to quote LT go out there like a bunch of crazed dogs....I watch this team and can't find one player out there excited to play(save Cribbs)....I don't see ANYONE on D or O that is excited....I see a bunch padded guys going through the motions...deliberately, diligently and thinking rather than attacking....not the football I can even watch...it is beyond horrible....Texas High school football is more fun to watch.....don't even get me started with the Fking dumbass GM and draft strat of this crew(which means we get nothing but worse) i went without football from 96-99 and didn't watch it at all....(pro)....It 's getting to the point of pro basketball for me...unwatchable overpaid no respecting assholes...i just don't watch!
-
Players like Terrel Owens, etc,
want to be in the big city limelight. That will always happen a lot...
it's the Yankees syndrome.
But, the players who love the GAME, and respect the coach and the history,
will come here.
-
He grew up a bit, because
San Francisco 49ers. Owens then signed a large free agent contract with the Philadelphia Eagles in 2004. Two years later, he was released and signed to another large pact by the Dallas Cowboys, only to be given his unconditional release on March 4, 2009[2] and signed by the Bills several days later.
he wore out his welcome in Philly and Dallas, I assume the New York teams wouldn't pick him up or something.
But he's all about attention and limelight, and that doesn't shine brightly in Cleveland.
He'll live with it in Buffalo, desperate enough to take a chance on him.
-
What it is ain't exactly clear.
-
Honestly, now I just watch the games with emotional detachment. I laugh my ass off when something bad happens not because I want them to play poorly but what sense does it make to get frustrated anymore? When this team shows it is good enough for me to get frustrated when they play poorly, I'll go back to being a traditional fan. For now, I'll just laugh at the comedy of errors that is the Cleveland Browns.
-
D Bone, I know right where you're coming from. For me, they're like a drug I can't kick. As much as I try, I can't totally break free. If I don't watch, I listen. If I can't listen, I find every way to get an update.
I think one of the things that makes me keep the faith is knowing that as soon as I throw in the towel, they'll turn it around. That I am certain of. There's another team with a fanbase of complete bandwagon jumpers out there that makes me sick and if I jumped back on when the turnaround came, I'd be no better than them.
Just hang in there brother. The law of averages has GOT to win out at some point, right?

BTW, is that Jennie Finch? Smokin!
D Bone, I know right where you're coming from. For me, they're like a drug I can't kick. As much as I try, I can't totally break free. If I don't watch, I listen. If I can't listen, I find every way to get an update.
I think one of the things that makes me keep the faith is knowing that as soon as I throw in the towel, they'll turn it around. That I am certain of. There's another team with a fanbase of complete bandwagon jumpers out there that makes me sick and if I jumped back on when the turnaround came, I'd be no better than them.
Just hang in there brother. The law of averages has GOT to win out at some point, right?

BTW, is that Jennie Finch? Smokin!
lol!!! No, that's not Jennie, that's my freshman daughter who plays for her varsity team..............She LOVED your comment!!
JosephSixpack said:
I know where you're comin' from, D Bone. There was this 3-game stretch in the '80s when the Steelers really stunk, and during such a long time, your faith really gets put to the test. Fortunately the fire returned and I was back shortly after yellin' louder than ever... keep the faith bud.That has to be one of the funniest things I've read!!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
