Ron Jaworski comments on the Browns
-
It is hard to argue with what Jaws said. The browns haven't had a receiver (including braylon) that could really get open like Ocho Stinko, steve smith etc. Most of Braylon's big plays were perfect threaded throws by the good DA or balls thrown up into good coverage hoping that Braylon would come down with the ball.
-
Formerly Stone said:
This is just plain stupidWTF you talking about? P. Manning, Brady, and Rivers are considered better than BR. If I put BR 4th I am doing exactly what most experts are doing. And arguably Carson Palmer is a better QB, but he certainly has been behind BR in one category: the quality of his surrounding cast.
What is stupid is you thinking BR is a god. He is very good, but there are 3-4 in the AFC that are better.
-
Formerly Stone said:
There is not a chance in hell I take any of those guys over Ben.I will take your defense, you keep BR. Again, not that there is anything wrong with him, its just, I prefer the units that creates wins.
-
berniesipe said:
I don't appreciate your insults! Does your mom know you talk this way to adults?Kiss my ass homo...if you don't like it, get the hell out. You're xxxxing Retarded if you're saying you would'nt trade Gay Ben straight up for Manning or Brady.
-
berniesipe said:
Who said I was a steeler fan?well your obviously in love with Big Ben, that would lead me to beleive your a Steelers fan. I dont no any Browns fans that droll over big ben.
nmills said:
well your obviously in love with Big Ben, that would lead me to beleive your a Steelers fan. I dont no any Browns fans that droll over big ben.
[/quo
Most brown fans don't know talent.
-
There is a reason they call all the players a team. It's not one person who is a deciding factor on a win or a loss. Why do you have to comment on Browns fans not knowing talent? It's not up to us to decide who we pick and sign. It's up to management. Why are you even wasting hours of your life on a Browns board anyways? I know that bully who took your lunch money had a Browns hat on but come on. This is the internet, stop running your mouth. Not one person here will think you are tough.
-
nmills said:
well your obviously in love with Big Ben, that would lead me to beleive your a Steelers fan. I dont no any Browns fans that droll over big ben.
[/quo
Most brown fans don't know talent.
berniesipe said:
Most brown fans don't know talent.No one has questioned his talent. Just that he's not as good as Brady or Manning and this year probably Rivers and Palmer. Let's put it this way, I think it would be a long shot for Ben to make the pro bowl from the AFC.
-
-
I could care less who he plays for. He's not as good a QB as Manning or Brady, the stats prove that fact. Only an idiot assumes that the player on his favorite team has to be the best player in the league because he plays for his favorite team.
Nothing wrong with being the 3rd best QB in the AFC...my point is that he's clearly not the best in the league as one of your inbred Steeler hicks said or even the best in the AFC and with the season that Rivers is having along with Manning and Brady, Rothlisberger is going to have a hard time even making the pro bowl in the AFC. Manning is a favorite for the MVP and Brady is starting to put up stupid numbers and Rivers is carrying the Chargers (who have the worst running game in the NFL).
Too bad you can't be objective. It's not like we're sitting here saying the guy sucks...he's just not the best in the league or even in the AFC.
-
You sir are an idiot.
Ever hear of Peyton Manning or Tom Brady? Big gay Ben is maybe the 3rd best QB in the AFC...he might even be 4th behind Rivers, Manning and Brady.
Better than any of the QB's on our roster but certainly not the only QB who could improve the play of this team.
You sir are an idiot.
Ever hear of Peyton Manning or Tom Brady? Big gay Ben is maybe the 3rd best QB in the AFC...he might even be 4th behind Rivers, Manning and Brady.
Better than any of the QB's on our roster but certainly not the only QB who could improve the play of this team.
Agreed That Manning and Brady would also Be in that boat. Rivers ... Not sure he is more than The New Dan Fouts. A slinger , but not a BIG Winner.
-
I love how one guy can throw a thread so off track on this board.. One troll thread and you guys take it hook line and sinker..
Back to the Jaworski article..which is excellent by the way and I give it credibility because he has watched the film. He makes no mention of Daboll as the issue with playcalling. If you notice he DEFINITIVELY places the blame elswere and notes the reason for the lame playcalling...If you didn't catch this..you should read the article again.. It's the players and the exectution that are actually holding back the playcalling according to Jaws.. I am not in love with Daboll.. but our offensive problems are NOT about him..
-
I like Jaws and I respect his opinions.
Depending on the coach:
I've seen the Browns running the most rudimentary offense imaginable at the pro level because the head coach wanted to start simple and develop the playbook as the players were able to grasp it and execute.
I've seen the Browns throw in the occasional gadget play in an attempt to make the offense more "fun" and "interesting" for the players.
I've seen the Browns with a more complex playbook running around aimlessly on the field like a cat chasing a ball of yarn.
I think every possible combination has been tried.
The bottom line is you have to have disciplined players who are smart enough to understand the playbook and skilled enough to execute the plays. I believe this is where Mangini is trying to go. I also believe that one should have high expectations. It takes time for everything to come together but it all starts with having the right people. I like Mangini's philosophy as he's expressed it in the interviews I've read because I think it addresses all of these things. I hope he can make it work.
-
I love how one guy can throw a thread so off track on this board.. One troll thread and you guys take it hook line and sinker..
Back to the Jaworski article..which is excellent by the way and I give it credibility because he has watched the film. He makes no mention of Daboll as the issue with playcalling. If you notice he DEFINITIVELY places the blame elswere and notes the reason for the lame playcalling...If you didn't catch this..you should read the article again.. It's the players and the exectution that are actually holding back the playcalling according to Jaws.. I am not in love with Daboll.. but our offensive problems are NOT about him..
I love how one guy can throw a thread so off track on this board.. One troll thread and you guys take it hook line and sinker..
Back to the Jaworski article..which is excellent by the way and I give it credibility because he has watched the film. He makes no mention of Daboll as the issue with playcalling. If you notice he DEFINITIVELY places the blame elswere and notes the reason for the lame playcalling...If you didn't catch this..you should read the article again.. It's the players and the exectution that are actually holding back the playcalling according to Jaws.. I am not in love with Daboll.. but our offensive problems are NOT about him..
You caught that huh? I was just letting some of the brown fans vent their frustration

-
I love how one guy can throw a thread so off track on this board.. One troll thread and you guys take it hook line and sinker..
Back to the Jaworski article..which is excellent by the way and I give it credibility because he has watched the film. He makes no mention of Daboll as the issue with playcalling. If you notice he DEFINITIVELY places the blame elswere and notes the reason for the lame playcalling...If you didn't catch this..you should read the article again.. It's the players and the exectution that are actually holding back the playcalling according to Jaws.. I am not in love with Daboll.. but our offensive problems are NOT about him..
I love how one guy can throw a thread so off track on this board.. One troll thread and you guys take it hook line and sinker..
Back to the Jaworski article..which is excellent by the way and I give it credibility because he has watched the film. He makes no mention of Daboll as the issue with playcalling. If you notice he DEFINITIVELY places the blame elswere and notes the reason for the lame playcalling...If you didn't catch this..you should read the article again.. It's the players and the exectution that are actually holding back the playcalling according to Jaws.. I am not in love with Daboll.. but our offensive problems are NOT about him..
I haven't been a Daboll fan either, but I do agree that execution is key. These young receivers haven't yet learned to effectively adjust routes, etc. I have read that WR takes some time to really learn.
Mike
-
berniesipe said:
Most brown fans don't know talent.No one has questioned his talent. Just that he's not as good as Brady or Manning and this year probably Rivers and Palmer. Let's put it this way, I think it would be a long shot for Ben to make the pro bowl from the AFC.
-
-
What is with Steeler homos hanging out here all the time? At least some have some semblence of objectivity and brains but the new ones we keep getting are just stupid and lame.
Obviously this squeeler fan has man-love for BR.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any fan who does not recoginze that we are witnessing a player who will be remembered as the most intelligent tactician to play QB is missing out
P. Manning has a skillset that comes along once a generation......
Rarely do QB's dominate as he can
-
What is with Steeler homos hanging out here all the time? At least some have some semblence of objectivity and brains but the new ones we keep getting are just stupid and lame.
Obviously this squeeler fan has man-love for BR.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any fan who does not recoginze that we are witnessing a player who will be remembered as the most intelligent tactician to play QB is missing out
P. Manning has a skillset that comes along once a generation......
Rarely do QB's dominate as he can
What is with Stain homos hanging out here all the time? At least some have some semblence of objectivity and brains but the new ones we keep getting are just stupid and lame.
Obviously this stain fan has man-love for BQ
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any fan who does not recoginze that we are witnessing a player who will be remembered as the most intelligent tactician to play QB is missing out
B. Rothlesberger has a skillset that comes along once a generation......
Rarely do QB's dominate as he can
-
You sir are an idiot.
Ever hear of Peyton Manning or Tom Brady? Big gay Ben is maybe the 3rd best QB in the AFC...he might even be 4th behind Rivers, Manning and Brady.
Better than any of the QB's on our roster but certainly not the only QB who could improve the play of this team.
When you say "gay" you must have brady quinn on your mind. Big Ben is by far the best QB in the league and a future hall of famer.
berniesipe said:
When you say "gay" you must have brady quinn on your mind. Big Ben is by far the best QB in the league and a future hall of famer.There are pictures of Brady Quinn rubbing dude's crotches..Who is the browns's center? He must have nightmares about Quinn's hands under him. lol
Gaydar alert.. Quinn is in he house.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login