Thoughts on Quinn
-
@shepwrite said:
No, Anderson did NOT have 5 TDs by his second start. His first three starts came in 2006. Like Quinn, it was an in-season change.Go check it out.
Plus I see plenty of long passes being completed.
http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/multimedia/...yer.php?id=5555
-
One thing I noticed time and time again last night was that Quinn is much more apt at making a quick decision to throw the ball away when the play is a bust. DA would have held on to the ball and taken the sack.... (which on the Brown's first possession would have pushed them out of FG range). On a given play, Quinn analyzes the field and the situation much faster.
One thing I noticed time and time again last night was that Quinn is much more apt at making a quick decision to throw the ball away when the play is a bust. DA would have held on to the ball and taken the sack....
yeah the least sacked QB in the entire NFL would have probably taken a sack in that situation...

-
-
I did not say he played terrible. I said that IF DA played that way most people would rip him. Though DA got a pass in Buffalo last year also. I also said hard to bitch when you win (though lots did when DA won). I also said I will wait until the end of the season to make an opinion one way or another. I want to see BQ do what DA could not, be consistant.
People act like DA never lead the Browns down the field for a 55 yard FG attempt. Now drops matter. Now coaching matters. DA had several games where he played well, ESPECIALLY when he had very few starts under his belt. I want to see BQ be consistant and I want to see how he plays 10, 12 games into his career. So I guess I will have to wait until next year to have a real body of work.
The Browns have decided DA is not the answer. I can live with that, he will get a shot somewhere else. I want to see if BQ is the answer. I WILL NOT just assume he is based on what I have seen. If you want to hold your QB to high standards then hold him to high standards. Most are predisposed to think BQ is great. Like everybody said about DA....PROVE IT over a body of work.
So far one good game and one not so good game. On a side note, Obviously BE dropping the ball had nothing to do with DA.
-
@shepwrite said:
No, Anderson did NOT have 5 TDs by his second start. His first three starts came in 2006. Like Quinn, it was an in-season change.Go check it out.
(Hint: He had a 63.1 passer rating in 2006 off those three starts.)
Anderson had 2 TDs vs KC, 1 vs Pittsburgh, and 2 vs Baltimore. Baltimore being his 2nd start. Try again shep.
-
http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/multimedia/...yer.php?id=5555
Pumpkin pumper, we get your point. Quinn has the armstrength to throw a ball past the linebackers, yes.
Now he just needs to aim one of those towards a receiver.
This ain't Notre Dame anymore where you can lob one out there and let Samardzija outjump a DB from Navy.
-
Point one. You spend a ton of time in this thread ripping BQ's passer stats and giving no credit for the win. You spent an equal amount of time defending DA's play through intangible bullshit about failures from his supporting cast. Nice balance. Finally, you then allude to Quinn seeing if he'll "bounce back statistically" this coming week. Do you or don't you value the statistics? Its impossible to tell.
They opened up the playbook for Quinn and not only did he fail hit anything deep, he also failed to maintain his completion percentage by a long shot.
Wasn't completion percentage the main reason to play Quinn? Wasn't that the rallying cry?
Put the pressure on Quinn and he'll miss his receiver or simply chuck it up into the middle of the field aimlessly. The book is coming out.
In this tryout for starting QB next year, Quinn has a long ways to go to show he's got what it takes to make an offense go.
...and by the way, Derek Anderson had 5 TD passes on his resume by his 2nd start.
They opened up the playbook for Quinn and not only did he fail hit anything deep, he also failed to maintain his completion percentage by a long shot.
Wasn't completion percentage the main reason to play Quinn? Wasn't that the rallying cry?
Put the pressure on Quinn and he'll miss his receiver or simply chuck it up into the middle of the field aimlessly. The book is coming out.
In this tryout for starting QB next year, Quinn has a long ways to go to show he's got what it takes to make an offense go.
...and by the way, Derek Anderson had 5 TD passes on his resume by his 2nd start.
I can't help myself...but blatant ignorance cannot be ignored!!!
By DA's second start he had
3 TD, 3 INT, 2 fumbles (1 lost) for a total of 4 TURNOVERS
BQ has
2 TD, 0 INT, 0 fumbles
DA was 0-2, BQ is 1-1
DEAL WITH IT!!!
-
@shepwrite said:
Lum, I know that YOU know that I'm right. Apples to apples, Quinn survived this kind of game while Anderson did not. So we'll just leave it at that.Shep, you're rationalizing with a mook that's bound to argue when Quinn has a 40% completion/70 rating... in a Super Bowl... after he made a play to win it...
He's simply not cognizant enough to understand that DA doesn't have/never will have the pocket presence, leadership, and clutch play ability that BQ can potentially give us.
-
They opened up the playbook for Quinn and not only did he fail hit anything deep, he also failed to maintain his completion percentage by a long shot.
Wasn't completion percentage the main reason to play Quinn? Wasn't that the rallying cry?
Put the pressure on Quinn and he'll miss his receiver or simply chuck it up into the middle of the field aimlessly. The book is coming out.
In this tryout for starting QB next year, Quinn has a long ways to go to show he's got what it takes to make an offense go.
...and by the way, Derek Anderson had 5 TD passes on his resume by his 2nd start.
I believe the rally cry was the 3-5 record under DA. Maybe I'm wrong?
I believe the rally cry was the 3-5 record under DA. Maybe I'm wrong?
Yeah you're wrong. According to Tony Grossi and the rest of BQ Nation, Quinn needed to play because Anderson's completion percentage was too low and because Quinn would instantly improve it.
-
I believe the rally cry was the 3-5 record under DA. Maybe I'm wrong?
Yeah you're wrong. According to Tony Grossi and the rest of BQ Nation, Quinn needed to play because Anderson's completion percentage was too low and because Quinn would instantly improve it.
Yeah you're wrong. According to Tony Grossi and the rest of BQ Nation, Quinn needed to play because Anderson's completion percentage was too low and because Quinn would instantly improve it.
Last week it was about wins and losses, this week its about completion %.
Hell you must model your consentancy after DA.
-
@shepwrite said:
I think you have to compare this to Anderson's second Bengals game last year as far as cold and wind... and then compare stats.Yeah that's a good one shep.
FYI 35 mph is more than 6 mph.
Not in the least bit comparable.
-
I believe the rally cry was the 3-5 record under DA. Maybe I'm wrong?
Yeah you're wrong. According to Tony Grossi and the rest of BQ Nation, Quinn needed to play because Anderson's completion percentage was too low and because Quinn would instantly improve it.
Yeah you're wrong. According to Tony Grossi and the rest of BQ Nation, Quinn needed to play because Anderson's completion percentage was too low and because Quinn would instantly improve it.
Connect the dots Sally. What did his deplorable completion percentage lead to? His record. If he had a sub-par % but managed to exude other qualities to be 8-0 he'd still have his job.
-
I can't help myself...but blatant ignorance cannot be ignored!!!
Yes you can. Stop feeding the troll.
-
Yeah you're wrong. According to Tony Grossi and the rest of BQ Nation, Quinn needed to play because Anderson's completion percentage was too low and because Quinn would instantly improve it.
Connect the dots Sally. What did his deplorable completion percentage lead to? His record. If he had a sub-par % but managed to exude other qualities to be 8-0 he'd still have his job.
Connect the dots Sally. What did his deplorable completion percentage lead to? His record. If he had a sub-par % but managed to exude other qualities to be 8-0 he'd still have his job.
And if Quinn can get another 4 or 5 games handed to him on a silver platter, he may be able to keep his job.
-
The QB spot and franchise tag is not over by a mile.
Who knows if Quinn is the guy? We know DA is not, so while your comment is correct, it should be noted that DA is no longer in the conversation.
All those blitzes and no INT's.
No fumbled snaps.
How many illegal procedure penatlies did we have?
Little victories. He has the arm to make all the throws -- we know that for sure.
This team is more competant under Quinn. I'll take what I can get.
Who knows if Quinn is the guy? We know DA is not
That's exactly the point.
We don't know if we'll ever be playoff contender behind BQ.
We'll know in a dozen games maybe.
What we know for certain is: we will never be playoff contender behind DA. Period.
-
Yeah you're wrong. According to Tony Grossi and the rest of BQ Nation, Quinn needed to play because Anderson's completion percentage was too low and because Quinn would instantly improve it.
Last week it was about wins and losses, this week its about completion %.
Hell you must model your consentancy after DA.
Last week it was about wins and losses, this week its about completion %.
No Grossi said that the reason for the switch was because DA's completion % was too low. He said it last week.
-
No Grossi said that the reason for the switch was because DA's completion % was too low. He said it last week.
He is talking about you dumbass.
-
Last week it was about wins and losses, this week its about completion %.
No Grossi said that the reason for the switch was because DA's completion % was too low. He said it last week.
No Grossi said that the reason for the switch was because DA's completion % was too low. He said it last week.
LOL, I like how you left out the part about your consistancy being modeled after DA.
The only reason Grossi would care about completion % is that it affects the win loss record. Come on, even you have to know that.
-
To be fair MANY on this board said you can not compare stats from 2006 season because it was with a HORRIBLE line, no running game and receivers that could not catch until last year. So to do a fair comparision with teams of similar talent you should compare to last year. DA's first 8 games were good. Second 8 not so good. Wait and see what BQ does in the same time period.
I find it funny that when making arguements for DA comparisions to 2006 were not valid BUT they are when comparing to BQ. Kind of funny.
As far as leadership goes. I have not looked up the stats but DA lead the Browns to many winning drives and even more opportunities for wins. Browns beat Oakland if Dawson makes a kick like he did against the Bills. BQ did not win the game last night, Edwards drove his team for a much easier FG attempt at a win than BQ did for the browns. Difference is that DAWSON is great and won the game.
I understand the anti-DA and Pro-BQ stuff. But I recall people saying they would look at BQ the SAME way they looked at DA. I don't think that most do that. I see people say that DA played a decent game against the Giants this year, When he played a GREAT game against the giants this year. And then turn around and say that BQ played good last night. Hardly objective. BQ played well enough to win, what would you have said if the Bills make a much easier FG and one they usually hit? That the defense that caused 4 tournovers lost the game? Where is the bitching about the offense not putting the ball in the endzone with great field position? My god if DA only got FGs out of that field postition people would be calling for his head.
Much like I want from a QB, be consistant.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login