Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
ATENEARSA

ATENEARS

@ATENEARS
Founder In Memoriam
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
4.1k
Topics
401
Shares
0
Groups
2
Followers
0
Following
0
Status updates

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • Denzel Ward
    ATENEARSA ATENEARS
    The Browns Board

    Performance is a lot about confidence. This kid is off to a great start. Could catapult him into a great season. 

    Should have just drafted OSU all along


  • By the way
    ATENEARSA ATENEARS
    Ohio High School Football Forum

    I've been to Every Mentor game so far. Witnessed Mentor beating St. Edward (42-39), then St. Ignatius (28-7) and then Glenville (42-18).

    Three different type games.

     In the opener against St. Ed's, Mentor's young Sophomore QB (Ian Kipp) never threw downfield, but rattled off 175-yards running and was over-shadowed by one of their two talented backs who rushed for 180+ yards and four scores. Ed's played them tough, with both teams scoring (6) TD's against each other. Ed's failed on an extra point field goal try and then on a 2-pt conversion trying to make up for it, which was the difference in the score. However, the game was much more in hand for Mentor than the score may appear, but will be an interesting match-up come playoff time.

    Against Ignatius, Mentor threw deep more than a few times, completing big plays downfield to blow the doors off Iggy @ Byers field. Mentor's defense played well enough to shut Ignatius out, but a blocked punt gave the Wildcats first-n-goal at the three and netted their only points.

    Verse Glenville, it was ugly. Mentor lead like 36-0 before taking the foot off the gas. Again, Mentor's defense stifled the Tarblooders. Mentor had a little trouble running the ball against Glenvilles quick, athletic D-line, but the game was just butt ugly to really evaluate. Glenville was grossly undisciplined.  

    Mentor has the complete package, solid two-headed tandem running game, various size and speed talented receivers. A dual threat QB protected by a huge O-line bookend by two Big Ten recruits (Ryan Jacoby 6'-5", 260# OSU recruit & Nick Samac 6'-4", 260# MSU recruit). Defensively they are Huge up front, spearheaded by a giant DE (Noah Potter 6'-5", 260# OSU recruit), have some aggressive LB's and talented DB's, but all-in-all tackle very well as a team.

    Another player I have witnessed this season is Berea-Midparks pro-style QB (Trevor Bycznski 6'-5" 230# Rice commit). The kid has some nice skills. Can throw with touch and velocity. Groomed as a pocket passer even though he could bulldoze his peers with his huge frame. Problem is in evaluating him in Berea-Midparks system. Not a very good showcase for such a well sized prospect.

    Mentor looks to be the team to beat out of the Northeast. It just might be their year.


  • why was gordon ignored for most of the game yesterday?
    ATENEARSA ATENEARS
    The Browns Board

    I focused on Gordon a lot. He played like a fat out of shape pig. I give him credit that he ran his route each rep (although nothing extra), but he wore a Steeler DB like a prep sweater. I’d imagine chicks broke free from being trapped in a bathroom stall with Roethlustberger than Josh shed coverage on Sunday. Get your ass in shape dumbass. 


  • Delete This Account
    ATENEARSA ATENEARS
    The Browns Board

    Did someone say they wanted their account deleted?

    (loading gun)


  • I HATE THE STEELERS
    ATENEARSA ATENEARS
    The Browns Board purchase t-shirt here ... 100%

    @tacosman said:

    why again do we hate the steelers? Do we have some connection to them(other than being pretty close geographically) Im not aware of?

    The steelers-ravens and to a lesser extent steelers-bengals thing I get.  The steelers couldnt give two ***** about us....

    The shirts read, “I HATE THE STEELERS” ... not “WE HATE ...”

    If it doesn’t apply to you, it doesn’t apply to you. 

    ... and no one asked or cares what the Steelers think about it.


  • Safety at Sports Venues
    ATENEARSA ATENEARS
    The Browns Board

    @syd said:

    I was in Vegas when I heard the news of his death at some dive casino(forgot the name but they did have White Castles) across from the Mirage

    That would be the Casino Royale!  

    (I Love That Place)


  • Safety at Sports Venues
    ATENEARSA ATENEARS
    The Browns Board

    New Security Measures Announced for Gateway Plaza During Tribe Playoff Games

    The Indians will introduce new, extra security measures for the playoffs staring with game one of the ALDS on Thursday. Though the announcement comes in the wake of the Las Vegas mass shooting, the safety plans, which focus on the area between the stadium and arena, have been in the works for weeks. An FYI for anyone heading down for the game: Fans will have to pass through one of four security checkpoints to enter the plaza. Enforcement will begin three hours before first pitch. 

    SOURCE:
    https://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-heard/archives/2017/10/03/new-security-measures-announced-for-gateway-plaza-during-tribe-playoff-games


  • ***Official Browns Vs. Bengals Game Day Thread***
    ATENEARSA ATENEARS
    The Browns Board cleveland vs. cincinnati

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    So he's your buddy and you're gonna give him special consideration no matter how toxic and disruptive and tiresome his same old same old crap is. Got it. Just making sure all the cards are on the table. 

    I was a joking. Lighten-up Francis.


  • Has the Browns inability to win over 2 decades cause you to lose interest?
    ATENEARSA ATENEARS
    The Browns Board

    @topdawg31 said:

    Browns News Illustrated, thought I was the only one that subscribed. Long time Browns fans are suffocating.

    For those who don't know what we are talking about, the Browns use to have their own Newspaper subscriptions. Cover-to-cover Browns news and great insight interviews.

    s-l225.jpg


  • ***Official Browns Vs. Bengals Game Day Thread***
    ATENEARSA ATENEARS
    The Browns Board cleveland vs. cincinnati

    @the-cysko-kid said:

    How come doughboy still gets to drop Fu¢k? 

    He paid premium dues. Did you receive your invoice?


  • Has the Browns inability to win over 2 decades cause you to lose interest?
    ATENEARSA ATENEARS
    The Browns Board

    @soju said:

    wow.  I was fully expecting, "screw off, Soju!  This board is for REAL fans!  But, I AM a real fan.  Just down trodden and left in despair.  I'm sort of comforted in a way knowing that even BIGGER Browns fans are feeling like me. 

    Anyone who would respond that way would be an idiot. We are all hurting. I loved reading this thread. Such as D Bone, I too subscribed to the 'Browns News Illustrated' back in the 80's. I moved away to Detroit back in 85' at the age of about 18, and we didn't have the Internet, didn't have NFL Network. You had 3 main channels and with Detroit being an NFC team, I rarely got to see the Browns. My car radio received the best reception on Game Days and I would drive around for four hours listening to the games. Most times I would end up in Toledo by games end, I suppose I should have just drove to Cleveland (although practically did every weekend anyhow, except had to work in Detroit early on Monday mornings). I would receive that Browns News Illustrated Newspaper in the mail and go straight to the shitter and read it cover-to-cover. Funny, without the existence of the Internet I still knew EVERY player on the roster and the entire depth chart, I assume from that rag magazine.

    I orchestrated the move of our family business back to Cleveland in 96' most certainly mainly for the Browns ... should have saw the writing on the wall right then and there, as they announced they were moving to Baltimore shortly after I settled in here. 

    I took to these forums at that time as the Internet was just taking hold. We hand typed most all local articles on the Browns to out-of-town Browns fans who weren't privy to what was going on with the expansion or relocation of an existing team (Note: News wasn't readily available at those early days of the internet). We debated the owners race, and dissected the hell out of the 1999 Draft awaiting our Browns to take the field once again. 

    Met a lot of great people on these forums that I called friends. we were celebrating on the North Shore on Game Days without a care in the World ... then the losing continued, the NFL got worse and worse as a whole. The Browns continued to disappoint like Groundhog day and nothing we could do could fix the next day from being like the last. Years turned into a decade, a decade into another ... friends dwindled, camaraderies lost ... this don't feel like that team I fell in love with. I miss games sometimes ... no, I'm talking I miss games ... as in I catch up on work and crap or go on weekend vacations without missing seeing the brown and orange play.

    Not sure when the bottom will totally give out ... or has it?


  • Wait, we are family friendly now?
    ATENEARSA ATENEARS
    The Browns Board

    The Browns are due to rattle off 23-straight and we'll have an opportunity to land some big forum sponsors along with the onslaught of new registrants.

    attire.jpg


  • Bright spot? You're talking about a bright spot?
    ATENEARSA ATENEARS
    The Browns Board

    @unsympathetic said:

    We can, in fact, still type "Browns."

    Haha, give this guy an emoji award or something! 😁


  • Bright spot? You're talking about a bright spot?
    ATENEARSA ATENEARS
    The Browns Board

    @ballpeen said:

    It had to be pretty bad to watch.  I sold my seats to a buddy.  I hope he is still my buddy!  Heading up for next weeks debacle.

    Hey Russ, it would be good to see ya while you're in town. Drop me a note where you'll be.


  • Tailgate For The Jets
    ATENEARSA ATENEARS
    Tailgate Party browns jets tailgating beer cornhole

    Hey man, I originally said that I would be bringing 5-6 folks to this weekend's party, but I'm not in the tailgate mood much anymore. Leaning toward having brunch downtown somewhere, soak up a little losing atmosphere, and getting out of dodge by game time.

    Anyone suggest a good place to eat in the heart of it all?

    Thanks though TopDawg31. I use to do the SEO for this forums tailgate parties and we attracted folks in from all the globe when we were in our heyday. If you think I could be of any help to you, please advise. Keep up the fight.


  • Safety at Sports Venues
    ATENEARSA ATENEARS
    The Browns Board

    @hoorta said:

    As my buddy in Alaska said when I brought my .357 up there for "protection".  "You're just going to make the bear mad with that peashooter."

    Haha ... exactly.

    People are going to do what they are going to do. Build a wall around a venue and you just trap everyone within, check every bag entering and they hit you from the outside. I just hope we don't think we are going to regulate this one.

    Only thing I can think of, is that if you kill 58 people, we take 58 of your family members off the face of the earth. An eye for an eye. Sucks, but maybe that is why some animals eat their young.


  • Safety at Sports Venues
    ATENEARSA ATENEARS
    The Browns Board

    If this results in extra security checking bags upon checking into a hotel room, this could become more inconvenient than airport security. There are already long lines at Vegas casinos for players that don't carry high status. This guy seemed like a pretty big fish, a frequent gambler that would probably skirt any added security anyhow.

    I hope this doesn't add to the already stepped up security at venues. This guy checked into his hotel room 3-days earlier and sat, stockpiled, and waited. Not much you can do about that and I hope we don't think that we can instil some new measure that inconveniences millions upon millions from here on out.

    So you carry a gun on your hip? Haha, start popping off a round here and there at the mammoth Mandalay Bay while this cat makes it rain 700 rounds at a time on ya? This guy just upped the bar ... makes your squirt gun obsolete.


  • Safety at Sports Venues
    ATENEARSA ATENEARS
    The Browns Board

    With the recent attack on concert goers in Las Vegas last night.

    1. How safe do you feel attending an NFL or other U.S. major sporting event? 
    2. What changes in security measures do you foresee at future events?

  • Yo, you want to tell this guy he doesn't know as much as you?
    ATENEARSA ATENEARS
    The Browns Board

    @calfoxwc said:

    That's 4 passes ONLY 10 yards short of where Peppers lines up!


  • Saw board tshirt at game today
    ATENEARSA ATENEARS
    The Browns Board

    @jcam222 said:

    I love sporting my Hate the Steelers shirt. Incredible the attention and comments it draws 

    Yeah it is unreal. I try to warn people sometimes before they buy one. Doesn't matter where you wear'em. Down in Miami last year, Dolphins fans were trying to buy them off our backs. In EVERY city, they all Hate The Steelers ... and understandably so.

Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
The Browns Board Terms Privacy

The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate