I like the idea of bringing in fresh guys to help push those left on the team. Competition is nothing but positive. I do believe that Maurice Jones Drew was quoted in a sporting news magazine as saying "When you are satisfied with where you are, imporvement stops" and I like that quote a lot.
Browns2405
Posts
-
Mangini sending a clear message -
This Team Lacks TalentI really don't get how you can slam the panic button on one quarter of starters. The right side of line bothers me a little with hadnot being out b/c mangini really likes him and I see him starting. I didn't really see any of Mack so I can't judge on him and he is a rookie give it time. Braylon dropping balls is a little worrisome but then again he does that. David Bowens didn't even make the trip and SHAUN ROGERS DIDN'T PLAY. If we are looking like this into game 1 of the regular season then you can start questioning the preparedness of the team and whatever else you want. Until then please relax.
-
At this *exact* point in time, what would serve the Browns better?What would serve the Browns better is one of these guys to come out and dominate the other in this so called "competition" and put this Qb controversy to bed for the next 10+ years...
-
It was reported wrong!Zombo said:
Crap ... you mean Brady Quinn's not the devil?

Or he's saying
"Don't mess with the bull, You'll get the horns"
-
It was reported wrong!@shepwrite said:
Good! And you're always invited.Just hope I have something to bring to the table and contribute to this board...
-
PreGame Thread: Browns Vs PackersAloysius said:
It'd be interesting to know what the coaching staff thinks about Robiskie and Massaqoui. Obviously, the competition has gone differently than some of us expected, but it's unclear whether that's because MoMass has been exceptional or Robiskie's been a bit underwhelming. Maybe it's a little of both.Well that blows...
-
It was reported wrong!@shepwrite said:
I don't think it missed the runway, but it did sail over your head.I must have missed the Browns Board discussion of Kenyan Nazis and death panels... Guess my invitation got lost in the mail
AHHA!!! me thinks I gets it now
-
It was reported wrong!@shepwrite said:
Kenyan Nazi Death Panels! AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!(Truth just doesn't have the same sizzle as crazy.)
I'm callin the airport, that one missed the runway....
-
Peter King on the BrownsPeter King says we are horrible, then give me the Browns being 7-9 or better cuz I'm betting we surprise and he called for us to be bad in 07 and we surprised. This way we can all be in line to be first to say "I told you so"
-
LUMWill the real Lumbergh please stand up... I've hear Riffer being accused of it so who really is lumbergh??
-
Browns sign OL Fred WearyThis is a really strange signing. I understand bodies but with the whole microfracture surgery, kinda makes me wonder.
-
Possible starting offensive lineupmikeyP72 said:
I thought I read that the NFL rescinded the suspension. I have low bandwith so I cant dig for the article sorry.If they did I missed it, I was on vacation at disney so I've missed alot of time on here... Sorry if i'm innaccurate
-
Possible starting offensive lineupI think I'll just wait to see how they do against the Vikings in week one.. If that is not a stout test then nothing is. Who is starting where. I could really care less. Just dominate. I think with the right combination this could be a decent but not great line. I think we will be better than sucks though..
I agree that they will be stout but I thought that both the Williams' are suspended for the first four games...
-
More Classy Steeler FansOn a side note I just got back from vacation at DisneyWorld and I was in a bar and I'll be damned if a Steelers fan didn't sit down right next to me. The bar was airing Espn News and we started talking about sports. After a long discussion it was apparent that I had encountered a real fan of the Steelers. He knew about their history and wasn't just a bandwagonner. He also said our beloved Browns should be much improved with Mangini and wouldn't be surprised if we won a game against them this year as he thinks we will be much improved in discipline and game preparedness. Although I dislike his team choice, I do respect the man for having good football knowledge and being a class act guy not out to just bash the Browns.
-
Cribbs a Holdout? - NFL.ComTrue and I am in his corner. But lets admit his handlers are screwing this one up pretty bad so far. He isn't coming to camp, then he is but won't play in the games? He gets fined an awful lot of money to prove a point. The Browns are just as bad in thier dealings with him, but then again they don't say much do they?
What I don't get is what is the sense of sitting out games and getting fined if the point you are trying to make is you want more money? I understand that you want to show them your serious and your teammate understand why you are doing it, but sitting out only hurts the team and teammates. I hope it doesn't come to that.
-
2009-2010 **CAMP BATTLES**Be nice if Furrey can help the kid become a slot receiver.
Fast, athletic and great hands help, but he NEEDS to be a stud on ST's this year. He has to!
I agree. Hopefully Furrey can learn him a thing or two. I'm going to assume Mangini sees certain players as projections at certain positions but in order for him to want to give them the time to develop he'll probably demand some sort of contribution most likely on ST.
-
Official: Lee to PhilliesI call BS on this. This was the same team who almost made it to the World Series. Why aren't they preforming? I think they need to address that issue before getting rid of a CY Young pitcher signed through 2010. I could see some sense in the trade if this was 2010 and Lee was leaving. What does this tell me, the team, and the city, there is no chance of you winning next year or for the next 3 years for that matter.
We are now in Pirate territory in every sense of the word. Payroll, talent, pride. All gone.
I agree. We are becoming like the Pirates in a sense we bring up these kids and trade them away when they are in their prime. We are becoming the top two contending Farm Clubs for the rest of the league.
-
2009-2010 **CAMP BATTLES**im a PSU homer.....norwood has great hands....maybe a bit undersized, but he was never afraid to go over the middle. has to make the PS at the very least.
I"m an OSU homer. I watched him play quite a bit on the Big Ten Channel and the kid is undersized but flat out loves to play ball. Really good hands, shifty, and like you said not afraid to go over the middle. I like the pick up a lot. Hope he finds his way on the squad.
-
2009-2010 **CAMP BATTLES**@jadbf said:
I'm hoping Norwood at least makes the practice squad. I think he has the potential to be a very good WR.I agree. There is something about norwood that makes me think he will be a very solid contributor in a couple years. I see him slightly better than Dante Hall and maybe just under Steve Smith.
-
Urlacher thinks Cutler's a "pussy"I don't know if I would call him a pussy. Just a whiny, crybaby bitch of a prima-dona Qb. I guess for every Manning or Brady you got to have the divas like Favre and Cutler.