And by the way.....mayfield is no Drew Brees or Russell Wilson. He went against garbage big 12 defenses. He runs a 4.8 forty. He’s not running away from ANY linebackers and half the defensive linemen he’s gonna play against.
Buckigeorge
Posts
-
Mayfield is no Brees -
Mayfield is no BreesI find it humorous listening to people talking about football who have no idea about what they are talking about. I’ve been a football coach for 16 years and it doesn’t take a genus to win at football. You win up front. Offense line and defense line. Everything else is window dressing. Baker Mayfield is a product of a good offense line and a system. If the Browns give him that he has a chance to be great. He’s not good enough to win by himself. He’s not a going to be Tom Brady. You can be average behind a great offensive line and defense line and win. I’m not thrilled with a big 12 qb. But we will see.
-
Draft GradesPete Prisco gave the Browns a solid "C" on Mayfield and a "b-" on Ward. Nothing but speculation I guess.
-
Baker Mayfield ThreadI'm still stunned by this pick. I don't think that "being a winner in college" or "not being respected" or the whole "walk-on"thing is going to matter at all in the NFL. He's not going to be able to run away from NFL linebackers (or some defensive linemen) so I'm not seeing the comparison to Russell Wilson. Maybe he can be a Drew Breese but I'm not sure he has those tools. The recent quarterbacks who have been drafted (and been successful) are not the same physically that Mayfield is. I really hope I'm wrong but I don't think Baker is going to be successful in the NFL. I'm really sick of being disappointed by this football team.
-
Baker Mayfield ThreadI'm thinking this is a big smoke screen to see if someone wants to move up. There is no way this front office is dumb enough to draft Baker Mayfield #1.....

-
Happy Draft Eve .....Josh Allen is the best QB in this draft. He's the guy.
-
Baker Mayfield ThreadPlease god.....not Mayfield.

-
The... I am batting (maybe alone) for the front office threadThe younger the fan, the more patience they have......... I remember going to bed the night of January 11, 1987 and thinking "Well, today really sucked, but by the time I'm my dad's age, the Browns will have a couple of Super Bowl wins".
I am now approaching my Dad's age at that time - 50 in three weeks, and now honestly wonder if I will ever see another Browns playoff game again...... and I'm not trying to be funny either, as I seriously don't know if I will ever see one before my lights go out.
I get that the younger dudes are more "wait until next year, and you'll see" - hell, I was there too.............. but, be careful what you wish for, as 'next year' never comes and in the blink of an eye, you're past the 1/2 way point of your time on this planet.
I'm with you D Bone (one year younger). My dad is gone now and I know he thought he would see at least one Super Bowl (back in 1987). I'm not sure we will get to see one. Now I see how well they handled the McCarron trade and am convinced that they are complete idiots. We are never going to win with the people that we have evaluating talent.
-
Hue most likely gone now....I have been a football coach for 16 years now (high school) and there is one thing that I have learned to be an absolute truth when It comes to winning football games. In order to win consistently...you have to have great football players. Nick Saban and Urban Myer win because they get great players every year to come to their schools. Another absolute truth I have learned is that if you are good on the offensive line and the defensive line, you are probably going to win more games than you will lose. I'm not sure that Hue has been provided the resources that he needs to be win. On the other hand (and I agree with some of the previous posters) he has made some head scratching calls. I'm also not sure that he has not lost the locker room at this point. My biggest gripe with the Browns over the past few years is obviously the terrible draft picks. We are having serious issues evaluating talent. I can't believe that these guys are even looking at game film on these players that they draft.
-
Anyone here have relatives here that never seen the Browns in the PlayoffI saw the 86 play off game against the Jets. Double overtime. Great game. Followed by heart break the next week. Hard to believe how far this organization has fallen, I wish I cared as much as I did then.
-
Kessler back in
️ I wish I had an nfl team to root for
-
***Official Browns Vs. Titans Game Day Thread***Sorry guys I guess I just have to vent
-
***Official Browns Vs. Titans Game Day Thread***I haven’t posted on this forum in couple of years because it was nothing but negative but I’m tired of just sitting here being quiet stop going to the games. It’s such an embarrassment for a football crazy state like Ohio to have the Cleveland Browns as our representative in the NFL it’s an absolute joke so is the ownership and management of his football team
-
***Official Browns Vs. Titans Game Day Thread***Why in hell would anyone think Kizer was good to begin with? Did they not watch his Norte dame film? How about the peppers draft pick he was a pass liability in Michigan but I guess we didn’t see that film either. I honestly can’t believe how bad this team is. And I’m sick of firing coaches but hugh is clueless as arr the people running the front office. This might be the worst sports organization in the history of sports.
-
BuckeyesFinal Destination shit from a week ago... you were on borrowed time.
LOL...shut up Michigan fan...you really suck. Chim in when you have a real team.
-
Happy New year my fellow browns fansYep...just what we need. Among about 20 other things.
-
Jonathan Paul ManzielNeed to calm down on Johnny....he lit up Duke. LOL...their defense might be worse than Ohio State's. He won't be able to make those plays/throws in the NFL. We need a real QB, and coach, and Genreal Manager, and O-linemen....etc....etc....
-
So now what?So now what?......Let's see.
On offense we actually looked good for awhile when Hoyer was qb. So any argument about not needed a qb goes right out the window. Campbell was we thought he would be, a good backup. We have no running game (and wouldn't even with Richardson). We do have a couple of weapons at reciever and tight end, but that is about it on offense. I know there are alot of Mack supporters on here but he is not that great. Joe Thomas got a year older and a step slower.
On defense we were great the first half of the season and then went in the tank. Joe Hayden? Love the guy, but he got worked a few times and cost us a couple games. Our free agents did not produce as they were expected. Mingo will get better but needs more help. Injuries...yep along with every other team in the league.
So now we need a new coach. He was the problem? For what Norv had to work with, I thought he did a good job. Horton? Nope. We went backwards on defense. I'm not a Chud fan (or hater) but who knows if he was really the problem. Our draft picks have sucked for a long time and if they don't get it right this year, we will suck for another 7 years. Maybe they already have their coach and we just don't know it yet? But let's face it...how much worse can the next one be?
-
This is the worst professional sports organization in all of professional sportsAnother sad day for the Cleveland Browns. I'm 45 Years old and have come to the conclusion that this team may not win anything in my lifetime. I hope that I am wrong but they really have not shown anything in the past 7 years to make me feel any better. What a joke.
-
TRICH traded to coltsWow...we have given up on this season all ready. Thank god I don't have season tickets. I learned my lesson five years ago. I wonder how the players on this team feel about their owners now.