Why the hell was this moved to a college forum?
CantonLegend
Posts
-
Jimmy Graham -
Lions Fan Visiting, Question On Browns State Of FranchiseZombo said:
The only people that were led were dumb people.
Sorry you were led.
Zombo
If anything I proved you wrong
It's whatever tho. DIdnt expect you to take that very well
Nobody likes being wrong...which might explain why ur angry all the time
-
Luck, Griffen, Blackmon GoneBlackmon
Jeffrey
Floyd
Those 3 are the only options I'd consider for the browns
Running backs can be found later in the draft and the line needs guards and a RT which can be found later in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds
-
Jimmy GrahamI think Rob G. Will be the better TE, but when you consider that NO got him like 2 or 3 rounds after Rob G. it's pretty amazing.
To be honest jimmy graham had a better season this year when you consider he missed 2 games and still broke the yardage record for tight ends before gronkowski did
In the end I can't really argue with the season ending stats and I wouldn't take anything away from gronk because his season was arguably the best we've ever seen from the TE position
-
Lions Fan Visiting, Question On Browns State Of FranchiseZombo said:
Didn't I say "make what you want of it", dickface?
Another poster that talks out his ass without knowing the OP. No one has credited Jauron's D and the MUCH improded defensive line and pass rush than me.
But, yes I would take Sheldon Brown over Wright, EW had one of th eworst seasons I have ever seen a CB have in 2010.
Zombo
You sure did but you led ppl on with your post and I helped clarify. You can make what you want out of my post too but I'm not ignorant enough to omit key pieces of information when I try to make a point
-
Jimmy GrahamSean Payton said last season when we had Jeremy Shockey that jimmy graham had hall of fame talent...that was in his rookie season and that's a compliment he hasn't even given drew brees
He said when we look back 10 to 15 years from now, graham will be considered the best pick of last years draft and one of the biggest steals in draft history
Never heard that kind of praise from a head coach for a 2nd year player
-
Lions Fan Visiting, Question On Browns State Of FranchiseZombo said:
We improved from 22nd to 2nd in pass defense without Wright, Lions went from 16th to 22nd with him.
Make what you want of that.
Zombo
It wasn't just wright that changed in the secondary
You guys also brought in a new d coordinator, safety, 2 new corners, a pass rushing end and a stud nose tackle
But ur right...it was Probly just Eric wright
-
Why We Need A QbAgreed, but off topic, I still contend couch could have been good, maybe even great if he had had a team. I believe he's still the browns all time leader in completion percentage, and is the only qb in NFL history to throw more than one game winning touchdown with 0:00 on the clock. He got us to the playoffs, which hey, ill take right now. I guess well never know. Rg3 could be good too, but I think hell suffer the same fate without a team around him. I'd rather see us build the damn team.
I agree about couch. Would've been nice to have some talent around him but Cleveland is known around the league as the place where QBs go to end their careers whether they are vets or rookies
-
Is There Anyone From Cleveland In The Place?jparsh said:
That's good. You getting to any Canton Charge games yet? LOL At least you only have to drive an hour to see the Browns, all these other morons need to get their beverley hillbillies pick up truck ready for a road trip to see the Browns.
I'm proud to say that there's hardly a day that passes that I don't at least see Cleveland Browns stadium. No other place in the US I'd rather live than right here.
Going to a charge game this weekend. Kinda bummed cuz I'm a saints fan and I'll Probly miss the end of the game but I think they'll be up by 10 or so by that point anyway
I used to go up to Berea once a week when my brother played for baldwin Wallace. A lot of the time we'd see the browns players workin out and even played a couple pickup games on the basketball courts. You'd never expect guys like Braylon and Brady Quinn to be ridiculous basketball players too. They'd beat up on us...it wasn't really fun
-
Is There Anyone From Cleveland In The Place?I'm from canton. Born in Akron. Raised down the road from the pro football hall of fame and fawcett where I'd go once a year to watch one of the biggest high school rivalries in the country
Went to school at Jackson in Massillon and coach high school football in Akron/tallmadge area
-
Why We Need A Qbjparsh said:
Dallas Clark is one of the best receivers of this generation????? and you may want to check your facts again because Clark played more games for this past 3 win season then he did in their 10 game season the previous year. LOL You have to be a troll looking to cause trouble because nobody is that stupid. And if there was one shining spot for the Browns it was our TE situation. Watson, Moore and Smith coming into his own was a great combination.
Please don't respond to any of my posts anymore, I'm willing to talk to serious people, but not people making stupid statements on purpose just to get a rise out of others.
Oh and Dallas Clark is a 2 time all pro tight end based almost solely on his receiving
-
Why We Need A Qbjparsh said:
Dallas Clark is one of the best receivers of this generation????? and you may want to check your facts again because Clark played more games for this past 3 win season then he did in their 10 game season the previous year. LOL You have to be a troll looking to cause trouble because nobody is that stupid. And if there was one shining spot for the Browns it was our TE situation. Watson, Moore and Smith coming into his own was a great combination.
Please don't respond to any of my posts anymore, I'm willing to talk to serious people, but not people making stupid statements on purpose just to get a rise out of others.
Ben Watson is decent. He's no Dallas Clark or Greg Olsen or even Jeremy Shockey for that matter
Not to mention he too was placed on IR so colts options were a group of terrible wideouts, a 3rd string running back and 2 backup tight ends
And that's just a small sample of the issues McCoy was faced with this season.
Indy was also playing with a terrible defense that almost kept them out of the playoffs last year and injuries to guys like Austin collie and Pierre garçon
Not only that but their offensive line was about as good as the browns...which isn't very good
-
Why We Need A Qbjparsh said:
So why does a QB like Peyton Manning lead a 10-6 team that changes to a 3-13 team when he's out? How does Cam Newton turn a 2 win team into an exciting 6 win team in one year? I guess QB's have nothing to do with it.
The colts lost several players to injured reserve including Dallas Clark, one of the best receivers of this generation
The panthers picked up a new defensive minded coach and 2 of the best TEs the league has seen recently
What do both of those examples have in common? The TE situation. A TE is a QBs best friend and having a good TE to check down to or catch the tough passes over the middle is a huge help
Nobody mentions any of that tho. All you see is a new QB...if you paid any attention to other teams instead of just listening to what espn tells you then you'd know that the colts lost players and the panthers gained players
-
Lions Fan Visiting, Question On Browns State Of FranchiseBrowns will likely draft multiple WRs in this draft. They also need a RT which could come from any round IMO
Some ppl believe a QB is the first pick but personally I think the browns have confidence in the guys they already have in colt and Seneca.
Also a mid to late round linebacker or DE could be in the works
Btw how'd you like my boy drew throwing for 466 and 3 TDs last weekend? Just messin man
-
Why We Need A Qbyou're one of those guys despite everyone telling you you're wrong and that they don't respect you at all refuse to accept the truth. I actually respect plenty of people on this board. Ask Timmy, him and I had a huge heated debate about Stallworth (if he remembers). I couldn't have disagreed with him more but he actually presented facts and valid reasoning behind his opinion. He didn't consistently come in and say the same thing 100 times and despite given solid, concrete evidence the other way just repeated the same line. The fact you feel you know football is humorous, whatever makes you feel like you mean something.
I actually have given several reasons...none of which you've read
But don't let facts get in the way of ur point. I certainly won't hold it against you
-
Why We Need A Qbjust so you know, literally no one thinks you're knowledgeable about football. Anyone who actually uses the phrase "you mad bro" pretty much describes themselves as a tool who hides behind the internet.
Lol I take what browns fans say with a grain of salt anyway so hats off to you as well
I don't have to know a single thing about football to know more than most ppl here
Some ppl here are actually very intelligent but can't get over the constant name calling and immaturity to earn my respect so they'll never hear any compliments from me
-
Why We Need A QbNo, I'm presenting stats and facts to show that a majority of the QB's deemed "great" or "franchise" QB', and are routinely playing in the postseason are first round picks.
What you are doing is being a blowhard front running cockgoblin masquerading as a quasi-Browns fan when in reality you are only here because you were kicked off most Saints forums due to your lack of intelligence and homoerotic fantasies.
It's your turn. Pick up the dice, dungeon master. This time, try to at least use a little bit of statistical information to back up your shitty opinions about a mediocre QB on an awful team.
Oooooooo that was intelligent.
You mad bro?
Sucks when a saints fan knows more about ur team than you do doesn't it?
-
Why We Need A Qbhahahaha and QB's aren't even more of a gamble in other rounds? duuuuuuuuuuude.
Do you have any idea what I was talking about? Please don't respond if you're not going to pay attention
All draft picks are gambles...but why gamble on a position that is already somewhat secured. And why waste time tryin to develop some rookie when you could spend more time developing talent where you actually need it
-
Why We Need A QbSince when has colt proven himself...
In less than 2 full seasons of starting colt is already an above average qb in this league and that's without any help from his running game and WRs.
-
Why We Need A QbYes, but if you take the number of first round QBs against the number of 2d, 3rd, 4th etc. round QBs, you will probably hit more on the first round than in any other round.
More QBs get drafted in the first round than any other...that alone is going to skew numbers
Not only that but if you pay a qb first round money you are likely to give him time to succeed before cutting ties. Problem with that logic is that the browns have 2 guys that have proven already to be better than several former first round picks but neither of them will be given the same time to progress in this offense that you'd give a first rounder