This is just a stupid knee jerk reaction thread.
I agree. It's not the OC's fault that you have no playmakers on offense. Would everyone rather he throw the ball downfield and have 6INT's, and lose by 20 instead of losing by 3?
This is just a stupid knee jerk reaction thread.
I agree. It's not the OC's fault that you have no playmakers on offense. Would everyone rather he throw the ball downfield and have 6INT's, and lose by 20 instead of losing by 3?
Formerly Stone said:
You really are dumb
I know. And Holmgren trying to remove the '12th man' from the stadium is a genius. An 0-2 genius.
They want to take the passion out of the fans? That is a bad policy. They kick fans out for being rowdy? If they are able to prevent those fans from coming to the game, they will get 20,000 church-going fans who will yell everytime the offense does something good, and be quiet when the defense is on the field on 3rd and 10 when they need those rabid fans. This is Holmgren's idea?
Good game, Brownies. It was hard fought. No hard feelings. Best of luck the rest of the year.
Everyone could see he was hurt and your post season was over......except you fans, who dogged him and expected miracles from him. Well, you got him to perform a miracle, alright. It's called the LeBron disappearing act.
Now, for his next trick, making you guys look like idiots. (he picks easy tricks) He could be the next David Copperfield.
And you are right, we don't have a team here. Basically, neither do you anymore. Back to irrelevant where you belong, Cleavland fans.
What can Brown doo-doo for you?
Bucs- 24
Browns- 16
Worst excuse for a Bucs fan not going to the game from our message board:
I WOULD GO IF I WASN'T STUCK IN TRAFFIC IN ALASKA.- Doug09
Joe Thomas will give up a sack in the 2nd half.
Why do you put your family portrait up here?
By ANWAR S. RICHARDSON
Published: September 11, 2010
TAMPA - Buccaneers cornerback E.J. Biggers is no Aqib Talib.
Biggers does not have Talib's outgoing personality. He does not crack jokes in practice. Coach Raheem Morris does not impersonate Biggers' voice during news conferences, as he does Talib's.
"Aqib is missed. There is no doubt about that," Morris said. "He's one of those character guys around here as far as (who) people like and people attract to. He provides the fun you miss about him, and you miss him this week."
Talib is missing as he serves a one-game suspension for violating the NFL's Personal Conduct Policy. He will miss Tampa Bay's season opener against Cleveland on Sunday, and be fined an additional game check, because of an August 2009 arrest for striking a cab driver.
With Talib gone, Biggers, a 2009 seventh-round draft pick who has never played a regular-season game, will start.
"I'm just trying to do what the team is asking me to do," Biggers said. "Aqib is a guy I look up to. I just got to go out there and hold down my end of the bargain and do the things he does."
Biggers knows it will be hard to duplicate Talib's efforts on the field.
Talib had 62 tackles and five interceptions last season. Morris said prior to the season he expected Talib to emerge into a leader and many teammates agreed. It is one reason Bucs cornerback Ronde Barber believed Talib's suspension was too excessive, because of how much he has matured.
"Aqib's getting unfairly punished in my mind, but that's just my opinion," Barber said. "He's definitely made amends for his transgressions last preseason. I thought he had done enough. We'll miss him this week but he'll be back. Hopefully, it's just another step in his learning curve."
Bucs safety Tanard Jackson learned last year the lesson Aqib is learning now.
Jackson was suspended for the first four games of 2009 for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy. Tampa Bay's defense struggled without him and began the season 0-7.
"It's tough (for Talib). Right now, he's probably missing it," Jackson said. "He wants to be out here. It's really going to hit him on Sunday, especially at 1 p.m. when it's time to watch that game on TV and not being able to play. That's the frustrating part and there is nothing you can do.
"It's out of your control. You have to wait until next week. I know I can relate. Mine was a little longer than his. His is a week and hopefully he'll get back and hit the ground rolling."
Until Talib returns, the Bucs are going to roll with Biggers.
Although Biggers (6-foot, 180 pounds) is not a big and physical cornerback like Talib (6-1, 205), Biggers earned the nod after his aggressive play during the preseason.
Biggers expects Cleveland to pick on him this weekend, but nobody on Tampa Bay's defense plans to give him extra help against the Browns' receivers.
"If I was thinking like that, I would be doing him a disservice," Jackson said. "I know he can play. He's capable of playing with these guys in the league. He showed that this preseason. I'm going in with the mentality that Aqib isn't there, but I got a guy who's filling in for Aqib this week who is very capable of making splash plays and playing at a high level."
Biggers understand he is no Talib.
His only goal is to be the best Biggers.
"It will be a lot different from the preseason of course, but you just got to go out there and do your best," Biggers said. "I'm just looking forward to the challenge and going out there and doing what the coaches and team expect for me to do."
Reporter Anwar Richardson can be reached at
(813) 259-8425.
It's gameday. I'm preparing for the trip to the stadium to watch my Buccaneers jack the shit out of your Brownies. Coffee-check, eggs-check, trip to the toilet(thinking of you guys)-check.
Underrated means they are better than what the perception is. So, by definition it's clear that none of the Browns players are underrated.You have Josh Cribbs, and that's it. Better hope you score on those kickoff attempts.
Well, since by many authoritative accounts Joe Thomas is the very best offensive lineman in the entire National Football League, and this schmo doesn't apparently even know about him....maybe this schmo now has his answer.
Joe Thomas will be the best player on the field on Sunday, and these guys can ignore him at their peril.
Trust me, the Bucs coaching staff doesn't "underrate" Joe Thomas. In fact it may be only this feculent fool that does.
Joe Thomas? I thought this was about underrated players, not overrated players?
A 2007 panel of football experts at ESPN ranked the 1996 Packers the 6th-greatest team to ever play in the Super Bowl.
I believe it. Holmgren should have probably won 5 or 6 Superbowls with Green Bay with all the talent the GM brought in for him to coach..
This thread brought to you by
Nice self portrait. I'm happy for you.
The Packers went8-8
9-7
12-4
12-4
10-6
10-6
In the 6 years after Holmgren's departure. I don't think I would call that a rebuild.
I'd call it Brett Favre. He's the only reason Holmgren ever got to the SB in GB to begin with.
The difference between Holmgren and Parcells is night and day. Holmgren is a one and done type guy and Parcells is known to build real teams. What has Holmgren done other than two Superbowl appearances? What great teams has he left behind? I thought both stops ended with franchises that were in need of a total rebuild when he left? And you are comparing him to Bill Parcells? I guess it makes sense. You all seem to think Jake Delhomme is the next coming of Joe Freaking Montana. LMAO.
It is like talking to a friggin brick wall.1. You said he held the running game back.no, I didn't
2. I asked how that could be with their YPC being 2nd in the league.
3. You quoted passing stats.I was trying to get you back on the subject, which is Jake Delhomme
4. I asked why teams like the Colts didn't have a better YPC (3.5 BTW) with the great QBing since you were quoting passing stats.
5. You quoted passing stats.Again, just trying to get you back on topic, which is obviously never going to happen.
6. You will read this and be confused I'm not confused. You are clearly changing the subject again.
7. You will quote passing stats. To try to get you to answer the question. Why did Delhomme suck the last two years, and now he is going to be better with a worse team around him?
Delhomme= 8TD, 18INT, 6.3 YPA, 59.4 QB rating, 55.5 comp%.
Moore= 8TD, 2INT, 7.6 YPA, 98.5 QB rating, 61.6 comp%
You are the one changing the topic which was holding back the rushing game. You give passing numbers to back up your point which shows nothing. Nice job.
I thought Delhomme was the topic and you just jumped on the chance to TRY and change the subject.
Way to dodge it again, homer. Explain the numbers, dude. Just explain to me why Matt Moore was 10x better than Jake Delhomme last year with the exact same team.
Delhomme= 8TD, 18INT, 6.3 YPA, 59.4 QB rating, 55.5 comp%.
Moore= 8TD, 2INT, 7.6 YPA, 98.5 QB rating, 61.6 comp%
Delhomme= 8TD, 18INT, 6.3 YPA, 59.4 QB rating, 55.5 comp%.
Moore= 8TD, 2INT, 7.6 YPA, 98.5 QB rating, 61.6 comp%
So, by your logic, the Colts should have had the best running game in the league because of their QB play? How did that work out? Maybe you should look at the correlation between QB play and rushing numbers.
It's not really my logic. It's reality. Something you Browns fans seem completely unaware of. Those are the stats from Panthers.com. With the exact same offense, and the exact same players, those are the numbers. I'm sure you can find an excuse as to why his numbers were so much worse than an inexperienced back-up. Or just change the subject and talk about the Colts. Whatever you want, it's your board....................your little escape from reality.
Yup Robo, the guy's up to 144 posts in about 6 days. If your math challenged like most Steeler fans, that works out to about 24 per day. I've let about 98% of his stuff stand- and you didn't see the posts- or videos I deleted because I thought they were over the top, or flat out insulting. If we ran a squeaky clean forum, the guy would be gone already- I've gotten plenty of PMs asking the mods to ban him.
I'm surprised you allow all the foul language. Our board automatically edits for us.
ass=butt
BS= a subject for debate, etc.
I'm really surprised to hear you edited him. And didn't you ban one Buc fan already?