Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
L

lemosley01

@lemosley01
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
689
Topics
10
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • Ever-lasting Qb controvery
    L lemosley01
    The Browns Board

    @kbndawg said:

    Actually, you are baiting. Read your post. You are just calling out people that may or may not have called you out. Just stop.

    Ok. You win. Can you do me a favor: Stop posting the same thing about beating a dead horse in every thread.

    Thnxkbye.


  • Ever-lasting Qb controvery
    L lemosley01
    The Browns Board

    @grimmreaper3 said:

    Let's break this down, shall we?

    1) Quinn didn't need to read defenses when he was checking down for those -1 yard gains.

    2) Again, when you're trying to win, unlike Quinn, you might actually try to win the game instead of not losing. Guess what? Trying not to lose leads to losses.

    3) Did you see Quinn's fumble in the Minnesota game?

    4) Again, DA's a playmaker, something that Quinn only wishes he could be.

    5) Quinn had this problem, too, you know. Just because there was a guy open in the backfield with a guy closing in on him doesn't mean there weren't open downfield. Quinn was why Braylon, our best receiver, was traded: you know this, right?

    6) At least he can get it near his receivers, unlike Quinn.

    Your guy was given plenty of opportunity. How about we let people who actually have potential play?

    Man - that's harsh. Like a knife in the ribs.


  • Ever-lasting Qb controvery
    L lemosley01
    The Browns Board

    @kbndawg said:

    I have no beef with you but you are just baiting. Seriously, what are you trying to accomplish?

    What did I say was untrue?

    Anderson's mobility isn't hurting this offense anymore than Quinn's mobility helped it because it's not designed around a QBs mobility; no one is really sure what it's designed to do, or if it's even 'designed', at this point.

    Further, I recall being told how the line didn't suck because it was the QB. Turns out, that's not quite true, is it?

    I also recall reading that teams were stacking the box because they didn't respect Quinn's arm. It sure didn't look like they respected Anderson's arm either.

    Today, it really was the QB position that held us back (and the insistence on using Lewis) from scoring more points. Probably not enough to win, but at least it wouldn't have been...whatever that was.

    If that's baiting, fine. I'm baiting. Hey it was all fun and games while Quinn was in. Now...not so much.


  • Ever-lasting Qb controvery
    L lemosley01
    The Browns Board

    Worry about yourself. I'm just making observations.


  • Ever-lasting Qb controvery
    L lemosley01
    The Browns Board

    @tn-browns-backer said:

    Ok. I know Anderson "won" us a game (if you count 2 completions as winning a game), but Quinn went 0-3 against 3 very good defenses. I know some people argue that Anderson's arm strength keeps defenses honest, but I feel like lack of mobility is a big hit to the team.

    Obviously this season is a wash, I was just wondering how some of my fellow Browns fans felt now that we are in the thick of the season. (I know we lack overall talent)

    I think

    1) Not being able to read defenses

    2) Not being able to complete > 50% of your passes (or 40% actually)

    3) Fumbling the ball. A lot.

    4) Throwing into double/triple/11-man coverage

    5) Missing wide open receivers

    6) Rocketing balls at receiver's feet

    are a much bigger hit than mobility. I'm shocked - shocked I tell you - that the right side of the line looks dreadful and teams are still loading the box. DA was the answer to all of those problems.

    But Quinn isn't liked in the locker room - or something. Apparently, if you are well-liked, the team will play hard for you.


  • Anderception at it again!!!
    L lemosley01
    The Browns Board

    @dawg08 said:

    Because GB made adjustments on defense and decided bring the pressure. His last few passes have been quite ugly!

    I'd think a guy with 30 games under his belt would be used to pressure by now.

    I say we give him another 48. At least. We can draft Sam Bradford and screw him up in the meanwhile.


  • Anderception at it again!!!
    L lemosley01
    The Browns Board

    @fitzhume said:

    Gives a spark my ass! I'm losing my mind here. Does Brady suck worse than this that he won't get this guy out of there? I don't understand at all.

    That's correct. Brady sucks more. Didn't you see the team play? It's the receiver's fault DA can't complete a pass; it's Daboll's fault that he isn't playing to DAs strength. It's the announcers fault (somehow).

    It's not Derek's play. Nope. Never has been.


  • Anderception at it again!!!
    L lemosley01
    The Browns Board

    He gives a spark.

    How do you start 5/5 then go 1/6?


  • "It's a shock to everybody on this team"
    L lemosley01
    The Browns Board

    @cmac12 said:

    Again sorry about what I said, I was just thinking of where I started seeing all the name calling start. And I do remember Lum making some good posts but then he follows it up with 10 bad posts. He needs to stop the name calling and so does everybody else.

    Don't be man - it's all good. I was just afraid this would devolve into another DA/BQ thread.

    Pumpkin Eater, you should read the responses in this thread; that post is not representative of what Lumbergh regularly brought. That was one of the very few good ones.

    For whatever reason, 'admin' has decided to turn this around and try to make the rest of us the bad guys when we simply reacted in kind. Lumbergh isn't the 'victim' here.

    It's like the kid on the playground that people tolerate. However the kid wants attention so he calls names and makes a scenese, causing everyone to dislike him in the process.

    Then the teachers come and whine about how we are mean.


  • "It's a shock to everybody on this team"
    L lemosley01
    The Browns Board

    cmac12 - this thread isn't about DA or Quinn, please don't make it about either of them.

    Legacy nails it in his first post.


  • Mangini: We're not dealing Quinn
    L lemosley01
    The Browns Board

    How bad is Montogomery that he is inactive. I can see getting beaten out by Haynesworth - that's a guy who's really good and would displace just about anyone.

    Wonder if he's in the doghouse?


  • Mangini vs. McDaniels
    L lemosley01
    The Browns Board

    I rally can't recall, and I'm too lazy to research, but didn't Belichick have a history with the Jets? If so, I could see that being why.

    I think an assistant going to a division rival was also a slap in the face for him.


  • "It's a shock to everybody on this team"
    L lemosley01
    The Browns Board

    First we start the thread saying we'll clean up, then you decide to get a 'one last shot in' to stir the pot AGAIN.

    Things have calmed down and mostly everyone is being civil with some decent discussions.

    Then this thread just happens to be 'dug up' and conveniently locked after 'admin' (Stan I assume) does the final word thing. Why not dig up the other 800 threads that have gone to shit because Lumbergh showed up in them and started being a dickhead.

    We should be ashamed? Boo xxxxing hoo.

    Maybe the shame should be on whomever decided to let Lumbergh carry on as long as he did and turn everything into a zoo. Anyone with any sort of objective eye could see what Lumbergh was doing, and the QB contention and hatred of Lum had been going on since way before that because he had been posting the same shit he always has 'brady fags', etc, etc, etc. It's not like he started out decent; he's always been an asshole.


  • Mangini: We're not dealing Quinn
    L lemosley01
    The Browns Board

    @dawgtracker said:

    And maybe he said that to keep Brady from feeling pressure. You wouldn't want brady to feel that the rug was going to be pulled out if he sucked in his next game would you?

    Yeah...wouldn't that be the definition of 'a lie'?


  • The NFL's Most Meaningful Stat
    L lemosley01
    The Browns Board

    @lumbergh said:

    the QB of the AFC North division leaders is 24th in "passer rating"

    And his team is 3-2.

    Hey, we could aspire to be 3-2 if our QB was 24th in passer rating. Too bad he'll end up 124th.


  • Mangini: We're not dealing Quinn
    L lemosley01
    The Browns Board

    AdaM said:

    I think Edwards getting into LEGAL TROUBLE might have had something to do with that... damn man don't you pay attention?

    How about I clarify:

    Eric Mangini is a proven liar. I don't trust a word that comes out of his mouth (remember the quote from a few weeks ago about how he was going to stick with one guy?)


  • Mangini: We're not dealing Quinn
    L lemosley01
    The Browns Board

    @ischy said:

    "Brady is a Cleveland Brown and that's not anything we're looking to do."

    So was Edwards. Until you surprised him with a trade to the J-E-T-S.


  • PFT is reporting that Brady Quinn's house is for sale
    L lemosley01
    The Browns Board

    @pumpkin-eater said:

    And what is this difference in playcalling everyone keeps talking about?

    Could it be tha tQuinn just didn't execute? Captain Checkdown?

    Do you mean the same playcalling that the people who want DA to play are complaining about?

    I observed how plain our playcalling was this week. I thought it was Quinn that was holding the playbook back. The playbook changed (because Anderson can't throw short passes at all), but it still sucks.

    Seems like that is an indictment that neither of these guys are worth a damn.


  • PFT is reporting that Brady Quinn's house is for sale
    L lemosley01
    The Browns Board

    If Quinn's practice reps have dried up, yeah. I'd want out to. If you aren't getting any practice reps how are you supposed to improve?

    If true, I'd be making a big xxxxing stink to be traded.

    I wonder if it comes down to he said/she said - do the coaches believe Quinn or the rat?


  • PFT is reporting that Brady Quinn's house is for sale
    L lemosley01
    The Browns Board

    @restinpeace said:

    How do you know that?

    Here is a hint: Quinn's mechanics sucks, they always have sucked, they always will suck. This is something you can't teach. The guy has no faith in his ability and it shows.

    Keep on believing. Fantasy can be a hard thing to stop trying at.

    WTH are you posting in response to. That quote had NOTHING to do with Quinn.

Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
The Browns Board Terms Privacy

The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate