I hope you enjoyed that win Mrs. @mjp28!
As Clase was finishing the ninth, I know I was thinking of Mike.
GO GUARDIANS!
Great game, I could just hear Mike shouting"bring in the closer!" njp25.
I hope you enjoyed that win Mrs. @mjp28!
As Clase was finishing the ninth, I know I was thinking of Mike.
GO GUARDIANS!
Great game, I could just hear Mike shouting"bring in the closer!" njp25.
Thank you all for your condolences on Mjp's passing and the beautiful fall arrangement. I know how much he loved the board and was getting new tailgate recipes ready.I will be watching the "Indians" for him.
Steve Kwan comes back from the Injury List, hits a homer in his first at bat... then with the game tied at 2 in the 8th, Jose Ramirez hits a three run bomb to put the G's up 5-2... then Clase walks two and gives up a single to load the bases with no outs in the top of the 9th, only to get the next three out without giving up a run for the win!
One question Dutch .... who writes this stuff ? Pure Hollywood ! What an amazing game.
SO ... what do the GUARDIANS end up with 92, 93, 94 -or- 95 wins ?
AND ... how close does CLASE get to 50 saves. Should be a fun finish.
︎----------
︎
I'm now hoping to go home THUR 9/26 ... I hope. We'll see.
CLE vs CIN - Game 2.
CLE 2 CIN 2 going to the bottom of the 8th. Keep the Ws going.
The weather ? WED 9/25/24 2:54 pm.
Hurricane Helene is expected to make landfall on Florida's Gulf Coast on Thursday, but in the meantime, heavy rains and damaging winds are expected to hit parts of the Southeast, including Atlanta — home of this week's vital MLB series featuring the Braves and New York Mets.
■ The Braves and Mets are battling for NL wild-card spots and are scheduled to finish their three-game series on Thursday night. Atlanta took the first game on Tuesday 5-1. It's unclear if they will be able to play the final two games with a poor forecast.
As of Wednesday, the Mets hold one of the three NL wild-card spots, while the Braves sit a half-game out of a playoff spot.
■ MLB has not announced a contingency plan, with the regular season set to finish Sunday afternoon and AL and NL wild-card series scheduled to begin on Tuesday. Should the Braves-Mets series be affected, the only current open day is Monday, one day before the postseason begins.
The Mets are away at Milwaukee on Friday through Sunday, while the Braves are set to host ● Kansas City over the weekend
Georgia Governor Brian Kemp declared a state of emergency on Monday, two days before Helene was upgraded to a hurricane. Hurricane Helene is expected to be a Category 3 storm when it makes landfall, bringing winds over 110 mph, as well as "life-threatening storm surge, damaging winds and flooding rains to a large portion of Florida and the southeastern United States," according to the National Hurricane Center.
/
) questions -and/or- issues this year ? Yes or No ? Maybe ?
The Orioles, Padres and Astros have at least a 99% chance of reaching the postseason, according to FanGraphs. The ● Royals, Diamondbacks, ● Tigers and Mets have the postseason in sight but still have a ways to go to get there.
The Dodgers, Astros and Yankees are positioned to win their divisions, assuming their current leads hold. The Phillies, Dodgers and Yankees are in line to earn byes through the wild-card round.
proud of them with playoff baseball.
On Friday, the Phillies clinched their third straight trip to the playoffs with a 12-2 demolishing of the Mets. They secured the NL East title with a 6-2 win over the Cubs on Monday. They're competing with the Dodgers for the NL's No. 1 seed.
■ On Thursday, the
︎ Guardians clinched their ticket to October with 3-2 walk-off victory against the Twins.
︎ Cleveland secured the AL Central title on Saturday, and with Tuesday's 6-1 victory over the Reds, they ★ secured the No. 1 or No. 2 seed in the American League, meaning they have a BYE through the wild-card round and with their MLB best home record will also host the an ALDS. ■
Also Thursday, the Dodgers clinched their 12th straight postseason appearance with a 20-4 (yes, 20-4) victory over the Marlins. Ohtani delivered an absolutely historic performance to seal the first 50-50 season in MLB history. The Dodgers have not yet secured the NL West title or their postseason seed.
The Brewers clinched the NL Central title on Wednesday but have not yet clinched their playoff seed. The Chicago Cubs' 5-3 defeat to the Oakland A's secured the division for the Brewers.
● Also Wednesday, the Yankees clinched the AL's first postseason spot with their 2-1 victory over the Mariners in extra innings. The Yankees have not yet secured the AL East title or their postseason seed. ●
xxxxxxxxxx [ NOTICE ] xxxxxxxxxx
I've done every schedule in this EXCITING 162 game regular 2024 Season -but- this is the LAST ONE .
I hope that you have enjoyed the ride .... NOW ON TO OCTOBER !
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ust enjoy the finish. ......
| Fri, Sep 20 | LIVE | Lively | Gibson |
<-- ︎. NO CLEVELAND BEISBOL IN THIS HOSPITAL ! THAT JUST CHANGED ! !
|
||
| Sat, Sep 21 | 7:15 PM | Boyd | Mikolas |
︎--> WE JUST GOT BALLY ! ! !
|
||
| Sun, Sep 22 | 2:15 PM | Williams | Pallante |
Tickets as low as $3. <-- ︎ WHAT ?
|
||
| Tue, Sep 24 | 6:40 PM | Bibee | Junis |
<-- ︎. I-– HOPE I'M HOME FOR THIS ONE .... (DID NOT GO)
|
||
| Wed, Sep 25 | 6:40 PM | Cantillo | Aguiar |
<-- ︎ ︎- OFF DAYSCHE / HOME WED ! X CANCELLRD X MAYBE THUR ? -OFF DAY- THU 9/26
|
||
| Fri, Sep 27 | 7:10 PM | Lively | Verlander | (SUBJECT TO CHANGE) | ||
| Sat, Sep 28 | 6:10 PM | Boyd | Blanco |
Tickets low as $22 <-- ︎ ON MY BIRTHDAY ?
|
||
| Sun, Sep 29 | 3:10 PM | WILLIAMS | ARRI-TI |
This is the ★ NEW MEMBERS ★ thread.
mjp.
Just caught up with this - sorry to hear - a friends' daughter had a hip inffection and serious damage, took years for it to be fixed and healed with another surgery.
I have two bionic knees now. After my second one, my surgeon asked if I had any questions - I asked "how soon can I go back and play football in high school?". The nurse said she'd never seen him laugh like that.
I hope they can give you a bionic hip and fix all that. Fighting all those years - just wait til you get it all fixed. You will surely be so freaking grateful. Prayers that comes true soon.
Thanks Cal, ♡ I appreciate that. mjp.
-OFF DAYS- MON 23 & THUR 25. The 2024 Season ends next SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 29.
It's been fun.
MON 9/23. 1:16 pm - Not going home M/T ? WED ? Catch you later.
︎ mjp.
Get well again mjp. You're a real trooper with all you have had to endure. Hat's off to ya!!?
♡ SUNDAY 9/22/24 7:10 pm .
Thanks Tex, I know you have been there with me for years now.
This is my 4th hospital this year of 2024 and by far the hardest of all of them.
I've been in the hospital every year for the past. 11 years now. All similar hip & infection related.
Thank you all.
︎ mjp.
Meanwhile in St. Louis
︎-->
STL 2 CLE 1 bottom 7 ooops ... STL 6 CLE 1.
★ AND this cheapwad hospital must have FINALLY broke down and picked up ARMSTRONG CH 61 ! I'M WATCHING THE GAME !
STL 6 CLE 4 JOSE 3R HR.
I didn’t see a bright and shiny post about this so here it is. A pretty comfortable clinching too. Still a week of the season left.
Go Tribe!
Well said indeed !
Here's to the 2024 Season and the 2024 Manager of the Year. Good job following the previous "BEST EVER" manager.
OH YES ! ... Another AL Central Pennant in Cleveland.
WELL DONE MANAGER VOGT -AND- HIS TEAM. I've really
enjoyed .... this 2024 Season .... from the very beginning to now.
NOW IT'S PLAYOFF TIME ... And go get 'em ! - GO TRIBE ! -
I have a high opinion of Hamilton, and you may be right now that Marty Brenneman has retired, haha. Marty got pretty crotchety in his old age so Hamilton’s probably had the edge the better part of the last decade.
We INDIANS / GUARDIANS / BROWNS / CAVS fans have had some great radio & TV announcers for a long time.
SO we should look aread & look back at those great moments.
Hope you go home soon Bud.
■ Right now we are PROBABLY looking at MON 23 / TUES 24 next week. Saturday's lab resorts will be big in those "guesses". mjp.
.... edit add 1 .... Thanks
︎ everyone and .... Keep those recipes and pictures flowing in.