You really went out of your way to post something insightful when someone makes a valid point like you always do...or...dont
PPE6.6
Posts
-
Break Down Weeden's Rookie Year. -
Break Down Weeden's Rookie Year.Ha that quote by Browns149 was pretty silly. "I agree with the idea of NO qb would look good playing for Shurmer. I don't care who's playing QB, the system, playcalling, and utter predictability of Shurmer's crap offense would make Joe Montana look like Colt McCoy." Says no QB would look good playing for Shurmer, yet at the end of the post McCoy (who played for Shurmer...with no offseason to learn Shurmers TERRIBLE offense...and far less talent around him....and a far tougher schedule) was still bad?
sigh....ha the hypocrisy is laughable. -
Week 7 Game Impressions: Browns @ Coltsdo we win 2 games this year? honestly?
-
An Unbiased Opinion Of Brandon Weeden And Your Qb's From A Fan Of Another Team. (And A Small Rant On The Lame Steeler Fans) -
Brandon Weeden Report Card- Week 4What a fool....
-
Yesterday Shut Up All The Weeden HatersHa not trying to start an argument here but its pretty obvious you prefer weeden over colt and theres nothing wrong with that. I just dont get some can say "He certainly made some mistakes, but which QB, especially rookie, doesn't make mistakes? And, which QB has a worse receiving corp than the Browns?" ...but are you one of those that are ready to rule colt out after one year and the ridiculous circumstances he had to deal with?
-
An Unbiased Opinion Of Brandon Weeden And Your Qb's From A Fan Of Another Team. (And A Small Rant On The Lame Steeler Fans)Nice post. Just out of curiosity, did you ever watch Colt play in college? No I'm not trying to compare college ball to the NFL because theres a HUGE difference and everyone knows that, but man...He had plenty of arm back then, I watched plenty of his games and actually watched one today on ESPN classic and I was just baffled trying to figure out how people say he doesnt have the arm, but who knows maybe a majority of people on here dont pay any attention to college ball. Maybe it was the pinched nerve in his throwing shoulder that just finally getting back to 100%. Weeden has been improving as of late, but I dont think he'll ever be anything special, besides like you said he probably doesnt have the great passion for it. Hopefully he wont fold under pressure and just give up to try soccer or something.
-
Fucking Dirty BirdsThats weird calfox...flacco sucked pretty bad for his first few seasons and they kept him around? weird...why would they give him a chance? they should take some notes from an organization like our Browns and if someone doesnt get the job done in a year, give them the boot!!! Look at how far along we are compared to them....or...wait.
-
First Time Poster... Why So Much Pessimism?I guess one positive thing about this season is the possibility of the #1 draft pick
-
Greg Little Is Not Very Good At AllYea it just takes time....but this is the browns we're talking about, noone gets time to improve. Besides, Weeden might be ready to retire if he takes too long
-
How Long Until We See Colt?The sooner we see him, the better
-
Greg Little Is Not Very Good At AllIts weird how some people pointed out the lack of talent when it comes to receivers for the last few years now...but others assured these people that it was all the QBs fault
-
Has Weeden Called An Audible Yet?(reaelly drunk) Yea im no weeden fan by any means...squirmer wont do what say, shanahan does for RG3. Shanahan seems to have taken a back seat and let RG3 play and do what hes comfortable with...where as spat wants Weeden to learn everything and play the game his way
-
Weeden Vs Mccoy(Drunk again) I find it silly in a wayt to read some posts like where one said: because we already know McCOy doesn't have the skills to be a successful NFL Quarterback." In the very next posrt the same person said: Hey, not everyone starts out great. Look at our famous TE Eric Hieden. IT TOOK HIM A COUPLE YEARS to come into his own. I didn't hear a single Browns saying " we need to cut Eric Hieden". Did you? No, you didn't." Now...sure Colt had a full year but it was under a new head coach with a new offense to leartn and no offseason/talent to throw to/pimched nerve in throwing shoulder/ no Oline (you know all the "excuses"). Now many of us want the front office gone because we cant stand them, yet say "Holmgren fdoesnt think Colt has the arm". What the hell is going on here, its very difficult to cmprehend unless im just reading two posts at once.
-
Holmgren To Be RemovedI was curious to see Colt play this year after reading that the pinched nerve is his throwing arm was finally 100% but oh well....all this news and pretty refreshing i suppose
-
I Have A Feeling Weeden Will Turn It On Next WeekWow OSUbrownsfan, good post. I've been saying the same thing for a while now..The big 12 has fallen apart as of late, they lack defense, and he had Blackmon to throw to. Im not bashing Oklahoma state as I dont really care much for college ball after last year. Hopefully you've been a browns fan all along and you're not just following them now because of Weeden because after this year with our new owner....we all know how that goes: New owner, new coaching staff, new coach wants "his" guy playing QB..Repeat every 2 years.
-
Outside Perspectivethanks for the kind words, but it gets old hearing "its his first game" when referring to our QB.
-
Weeden Vs Mccoy(pretty drunk again so excuse typos) You see fresh, Cleveland fans believe that if someone doesnt come here and win a super bowl year 1 they arent going to work. Ive been a Browns fan for 20 years now. I understand your questioning. I used to watch a lot of college football (and im honestly curious to know if many browns fans do) and when CLeveland drafted weeden at 22 I immediately left the draft party I was attending. Its very frustrating to keep changing everything up every 2 years. Some of my Browns buddies tried to assure me that weeden was a great Qb at Oklahoma state although they didnt pay much attention to college ball. I saw how the big 12 had fallen apart in the past 2 years and how weeden had the best receiver in the country to throw to against piss poor defenses, so I was pretty much in the same boat as you. I was pulling for Colt, is he the best QB in the league? of course not. There was just something about him though that kept me paying very close attention to every play of every game and not giving up.Im well aware that Browns fans are a different breed but I thought Id make an account and have some discussions with respectable people who love Browns football...sadly thats not the case. Everyone on here loves their browns. We dont always agree. We're all fed up with losing but some are more bitter than others and want something new every single year. as frustrated as i am, I dont understand others reasoning. The year Colt started, there was the lock out so he didnt get any time to practice with the team, on top of that, he had a new head coach in Shurmur and a new offense to learn. He lacked talent to throw to and a Oline to protect him. Back then that was all excuses, now everyone seems to be seeing it. Weeden was a first round pick so hes going to start unless he gets injured and thats that. Noone wants to look like a moron for drafting him, which is where the politics comes into play. Im probably going to catch all kinds of flak as soon as a bitter fan sees this post and the name calling will begin "get off colts nuts"...The loss to the eagles was just as bad as any other to me, I dont care who the QB was. I just wanted to be 1-0. I just wish I could find some Browns fans to chat with that arent so into name calling when someone else voices their opinion but I guess after all this losing.....who can blame them.
-
Little's Drop/int Set The Tone For The SeasonI stand corrected...12 of 35
-
Were We Expecting Anything Else?ha that was pretty good tour