Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
R

roach

@roach
Unfollow Follow
About
Posts
1.0k
Topics
73
Shares
0
Groups
0
Followers
0
Following
0
Status updates
Badges

Posts

Recent Best Controversial

  • Dear The Brownsboard Members
    R roach
    The Browns Board

    Wow.  Kathy, we all knew that, once Stan was gone, the end of this remarkable board could one day come to an end.  Geez, I remember when Stan was trying to figure out a name for this board.  I must admit that I wasn’t a fan of “thebrownsboard,” but that shows what I know.  Stan was creative, hilarious, and a true visionary guy.  He was also a great friend.  Stan poured his heart and soul into this board.  He was so confident in his product that he actually blew it up once or twice, just to rebuild it (and the membership) in order to make it stronger and better.

    Through this board I’ve made a bunch of terrific friends.  It is mind boggling to try to think back and capture all the wild and crazy memories with them. I think it is a tribute to Stan that many of these friendships have survived and flourished. Also and in spite of all these good things, I must admit that I’m still buddies with Zombo.  How did that happen?

    Zombo, I join the others in thanking you for all the time and effort you’ve donated in holding this baby together. 


  • Damarious Randall benched for Steelers game
    R roach
    The Browns Board

    Does Randall get docked a game paycheck for being left behind for that game?


  • A Case For Hue
    R roach
    The Browns Board

    Before I get into this, let me say that I’m not a Hue fan.  Over his first 32 games, his play calling, clock management, etc.were awful.  

    This year?  Game 1 should have been a win if we had a placekicker (Dorsey).  Game 2 should have been a win if we had a placekicker (Dorsey).  Game 4 should have been a win if we had not been robbed by the refs.  We’re 1-2-1, but could be 4-0.

    I still don’t like Hue.  But I don’t like him less than I used to.


  • Pro pick'em league
    R roach
    The Browns Board

    I might as well stop in and brag while I have the chance.  It won’t last long....


  • The Drop....A new cursed play is born.
    R roach
    The Browns Board

    These players can be coached up.

    The decision to have Crowell on the field for so many plays, as he has become a waste of skin, is on the HC- not on the other 10 offensive guys. The decision to have Gregg Williams as your DC (another waste of skin) is on the HC, not on a roster that really needs leadership.

    Does this team need better players?  Yes.  Are these current players talented enough to win more than 0 games with competent coaches?  Absolutely.


  • Cut kizer after the game
    R roach
    The Browns Board

    @clevfan4life said:

    Im not watching. I dont care if he throws for 400, im done. Not letting this kid raise my hopes than shtting in my eye with these plays. Remember last weeks strip by bosa? Same kind of lack of awareness where he is on the field in relation to def players

    Guys, relax about the QB.  He may or may not be our guy.  Time will tell.

    What we do know know is that our QB (whoever he is) gives us a 14 point lead in the 4th quarter, we should be able to chalk that one up as as a W.    We couldn’t.  Let’s not blame this one on the QB (whoever he was).


  • Our D are Pussies
    R roach
    The Browns Board

    Yawn....

    I'm happy for you guys that think this D is good 


  • Our D
    R roach
    The Browns Board

    Nice start today D


  • Our D
    R roach
    The Browns Board

    @clevfan4life said:

    they've held them to 9 points dude. 3 field goals. Phillip Rivers.  Is ur brain ok?

    @clevfan4life said:

    they've held them to 9 points dude. 3 field goals. Phillip Rivers.  Is ur brain ok?

    No Charger punts in the 1st half  (just like last week against the Bengals).  Greg Williams is a joke and this defense is putrid. 


  • Our D are Pussies
    R roach
    The Browns Board

    I'm freezing my butt off here watching this dog crap D again.  We're awful.


  • Our D
    R roach
    The Browns Board

    @clevfan4life said:

    they've held them to 9 points dude. 3 field goals. Phillip Rivers.  Is ur brain ok?

    Do you the Phillip Rivers that is 5-6?

    Our standards for good football are quite different my friend.


  • Our D
    R roach
    The Browns Board

    No Charger punts in the 1st half  (just like last week against the Bengals).  Greg Williams is a joke and this defense is putrid. 


  • Our D
    R roach
    The Browns Board

    @the-gipper said:

    Codger Roach...is just a way to say that you are a cranky old motherfuhucker.

    Now...tell us if there is any inaccuracies in that statement?  😆

    I’ve been watching crappy defenses since 1999.  Yes.  I guess that makes me a cranky old motherfuhucker.


  • Our D
    R roach
    The Browns Board

    @mark-o said:

    And even after the shitty call.  Cincinatti had the ball at the 25 yard line.  How did our defense step up after a bad call?

    1-10-CLV 25 (3:51) (Shotgun) A.Dalton pass incomplete short left to A.Green (J.McCourty).
    2-10-CLV 25 (3:48) J.Mixon right guard to CLV 11 for 14 yards (J.Peppers). R22
    1-10-CLV 11 (3:02) J.Mixon left end for 11 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

    Damn...that's stepping up.  25 yards in two running plays.    Looked more like swiss cheese than stepping up.   But some of you enjoy the losses and think its positive to be 0-11 and 1-26 and 4-44 and our head coach is like 2-30 in his last 32 games. 


  • Our D
    R roach
    The Browns Board

    @tour2ma said:

    So "Stale Codger"?

    Maybe.  I don’t know what a codger is.

    i know this.  My memory goes back to Johnson,  Kanicki, Houston, Beach , Parish, Fiss Kellerman, and others.

    i know that in 1999 I bought 12 PSL’s and my buddies bought their season ticket from me.  i’m down to 2.  Myself and my son.  He drives in from Milwaukee to sit with me every game.  

    I know this. Frank Minnifield is the best CB that I’ve ever seen play the game.

    i know this. This defense is awful.  

    I know this.  This is not an emotional response, but one based on my observations.

    I know this.  This is a lot of typing for an old codger (whatever that is)


  • Our D
    R roach
    The Browns Board

    @clevfan4life said:

    And they cant be expected to in ONE YEAR. And tbh if we dont pick up a vet DE in FA most if u are going to be salty about the pass rushing next year too. Garrett will be ok but if its ogbah next year starting opposite him we're gonna be mire or kess right where we are now.

    point of all of this isnt that anybody thinks the def is world class now....but it has potential. The last time the def looked to be building something was under jauron and i have zero doubt the same characters were here baying for shurmurs job with no thought to what would gappen to the defense.  

    And what did happen to the defense? We stood jabaal sheard up and brought paul fukking Kruger to town. And that lasted one year. Than pettine came to town and we thought well at least its still a 3-4 so not much of a change. But then we learn players like dansby, who made their name as 3-4 players.....still had to Jenny craig down to the size of safeties to fit oettines 3-4. No clue there. 

    So scheme changes, especially on defense, matter like nothing else. If only lerner had just stepped in and told chud ur stuck with jauron deal with it......maybe we could have a perennial top 10 defense at this point. What i can assure u is that if another 3-4 clown comes in next year and garett, ogbah and nassib are standing up.....ur gonna reminisce about the good ole Williams defense  from ages ago.

    We've seen what ogbah and nassib look like standing up in a 3-4....its shyt. And frankly i wouldnt be surprised if they immediately asked for a trade cause all 4 of our DE's were batural 4-3 guys in college. Yo yo'ing back and forth between schemes for an inept irganization that cant make scheme commitments last longer than standard car leases, is not something these guys want to do and it coyld be career altering for them. Thats a big reason why no one wants to come to Cleveland. Thats why darnold doesn't want  to come here. A new fukking playbook and formations every year? Nope fuk going to cleveland

    Thank you.  Agreed.  I just don’t type that much anymore.


  • Our D
    R roach
    The Browns Board

    @clevfan4life said:

    And teams run in the 2nd half because they always are up.

    Dude, admit it.  This defense stinks.

    There is NO team this week that had to score more than 30 points to win their football game.  NO team.  This D is awful and Greg Williams is a joke.  


  • Our D
    R roach
    The Browns Board

    @tour2ma said:

    No D can do it alone...

    Well that’s just goofy.  Of course a D just can.  

    But how many teams would have won today that gave up 30 points?  

    none.  there is no team today that gave up 30 points and would have won.  zero.  nada.  Gregg Williams is a farse.


  • Our D
    R roach
    The Browns Board

    @send-in-the-clowns said:

    I was not a fan of Horton but this defense isn't so hot either.   

    Williams is a knucklehead.  I agree that Horton was bad, but he had less talent than our current coach.  Offensive Coordinators don’t need to game plan against us.  They look past the Browns and just make a few game day adjustments after the first series or two.  Shameful.


  • Positives from the 2017 season?
    R roach
    The Browns Board

    Duke Johnson.  He needs more touches per game.

Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
The Browns Board Terms Privacy

The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

  • First post
    Last post
0
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate