2029 is a long time to wait in N.ot F.or L.ong.
When is Ward out the door?
2029 is a long time to wait in N.ot F.or L.ong.
When is Ward out the door?
2027 Browns Draft Picks:
(2) First rounders
(1) Second Rounder
(1) Third Rounder
(3) Fourth Rounders
(2) Fifth Rounders
(2) Seventh Rounders
Copilot gave me this as a trade up package if we pick 10 and Rams pick is 25th overall:
Minimum package
2027 1st (Pick 10)
2027 1st (Pick 25)
2028 1st
2027 2nd
2028 2nd
Going from 5 to 10 or 15…will make a world of difference next year if there is a team that is selling the 1st overall pick. Translation if we are 4-10 with 3 games left - quit trying so hard
Verse was the 2nd best run stopper in the league even ahead of Myles. It's apples and oranges though because Myles was double teamed so much more. But I think the run stopper value of Verse is being overlooked.
And how does this work out with the money & cap side? Does this free enough to go find another decent free agent DE on the other side?
Verse is going to get paid very soon. His agent is salivating.
The other thing to remember in all of this- there was NEVER going to be a package that was fair for Myles Garrett when you really think about it. The man when it's all said and done could easily have both the highest single sack season and the all-time sack record, it addition to them already fitting his gold jacket. This is all in the context of him being in his physical prime.
I can tell you this much, though- I ain't buying a single sunday ticket package or anything other than sailing the high internet seas to watch the Browns this year. I completely understand why this happened, but it's not going to be pretty this year.
This is why there was a strong case to hold onto him. This may shock the world but not every team can fit Myles in financially or can handle the asset departure and some aren’t at a point and time where it makes sense. So we didn’t have 25-30 offers.
You don’t get like for like with a first ballot hall of famer with prime years left. Because you aren’t getting that player in return at a premium position. They are unicorns.
So you hope Verse becomes very good and hits double digit sack numbers and you use all these picks now to hopefully find us the best QB we’ve had since Graham or Kosar. And the money you aren’t paying Myles you take it and spend it wisely adding some other talent. Hopefully 4 or 5 equals 1.
Both teams are in different positions, but if you were a Rams fan how would you feel about this trade?
I haven't seen any of Verse so nothing against him at all but I'd feel like we got away with robbery.
As a Browns fan, I try to stay optimistic and as with anything else, let's see how it goes.
I can't imagine them tanking on purpose but who knows, I think we do ok this year.
As far as draft position, I think we'll screw it up again.
Since Myles is no longer here I do not wish him the best though I hope he stays healthy and I hope the Rams crash and burn.
Living by a few out here…they didn’t want Verse included. When Myles name came up…they were excited about the Verse Myles pairing.
if I am going to nitpick I don’t have faith in the Rams beyond next season (if old man Stafford gets hurt they arent making the playoffs) so instead of a 2nd and 3rd the following years another 1st in 28 or even 29 would have been great.
Anyone look at the Rams schedule next season it is brutal in the beginning and towards the end. They could easily miss the playoffs or even be first round exit.
Verse has some boom potential. He played some WR in college - in many ways he’s still learning the position and is by some of accounts one of the best run defender edges in all of football.
I’m shocked.
Jared Verse has expressed visible displeasure regarding the blockbuster trade that sent him from the Los Angeles Rams to the Cleveland Browns in exchange for reigning Defensive Player of the Year, Myles Garrett.
MylesJared
Looks like he was born in Dayton for what it is worth. He will constantly be measured up in this trade (unfairly to an extent)
Verse appears to be very good against the run. Little bit raw on the pass rush side.
We will need to scheme up pressure a bit more.
What a terrible trade. This trade in my opinion does little to help you acquire a QB in the next draft. I would like to know why they felt they must trade him now after just resigning him.
we need to hope that the Jets, Cardinals, Dolphins and maybe a few others don’t land the top pick.
Let’s say it’s the Raiders…it is the Jets and Browns maneuvering and trading up picking their guy assuming one is better than the rest.
This trade doesn’t guarantee us much in regard to the QB spot
I would have liked a 1st round in 28 or 29.
I could see the Rams being average in those years.
Final components 2nd in 2028 and a 3rd in 2029.
Rams have a 2nd and 4th left in the upcoming draft and all of their 2028 picks.
I agree because the Rams pick is going to be in the mid to late 20s at best
As long as Old Man Stafford stays healthy you are correct. If not it gets a little bit dicey.
According to Ian Rappaport.
Jared Verse plus more heading to Cleveland
Unbelievable.
Verse is pretty good but I feel like this trade is Verse and #2 or #3 QB prospect in the 2027 NFL draft. Do we all think that is enough
Philadelphia trades A.J. Brown to New England for their first round pick.
Then, the Eagles offer their two 2027 first rounders and their 2028 first rounder for Myles Garrett.
Thoughts? Would you flatly deny the offer? Ask for a little more? Accept that offer?
No. Our Defense crumbles without the best football player in the game. And the hope lies in a questionable assumption (not your assumption but others) You have no guarantee that you land the best QB in 2027 if a QB needy team is at #1. And The picks are essentially second round picks.
I ride or die with Myles until he hangs them up. UNLESS I get a team with one of the best QBs and they are willing to part with their QB. The trade would unquestionably unique bizarre and likely to never happen again.
Easily the strangest Browns schedule I’ve ever seen and arguably the strangest NFL schedule ever put together.
-Two Florida trips back to back during hurricane season at the very least heavy rain.
- Four straight home games middle of the season. Has this happened before? they will be in Cleveland middle of the season for six weeks.
- No divisional game the first three weeks - hoped we could break in the offensive line before we play Pittsburgh and Baltimore (thank you)
- actually a season where we don’t have on paper a “tough” schedule.
-button up last half of the season chance that all games are under at least under 45 degrees
-two road games in NY at MetLife.
Looks like @Jax and @Buccaneers first two weeks
Steelers at Home Week 4 TNF
Here's the deal. The player knew that he was breaking the rules in a major way. What's his excuse? He's not being paid enough money to get by? It's not like he was taking performance enhancing drugs in order compete with his piers. The player just does not properly value following rules. Therefore I cannot have him on my team. I don't care that he's having a 'Come To Jesus' episode, or in gambling rehab. He's a rule breaker and those leopards don't typically change their spots.
His excuse is he has a problem that he can’t control. He’s sitting on what 99% of people would say is a winning lottery ticket. He becomes a third round pick and flames out after his rookie year he still grosses out around 5-6M. He invests his money well he doesn’t have to work 40 hours a week for the rest of his life. That would be enough reason for most to not do stupid things- unless you have a problem you can’t control.
If so, why would they have felt compelled to draft him in round 3? I'm not saying you're gonna be wrong when it's all said and done. I am saying this polarizing prospect pleasantly surprised people during Senior Bowl week. Here's some cut and paste stuff:
Yes, former Florida Gators offensive tackle Austin Barber had a strong 2026 Senior Bowl week, with reports highlighting him as a standout performer in Mobile, Alabama. He displayed exceptional lateral agility, maintained consistent hand placement, and demonstrated versatility by working on both sides of the line. [, 2, 3]Key Takeaways from Barber's Senior Bowl Week:
- Performance: He was described as one of the best tackles at the all-star game.
- Skill Set: Evaluators noted his ability to mirror speed rushers, using long arms to stay connected to defender pads.
- Draft Stock: Barber's performance at the Panini Senior Bowl 2026 strengthened his reputation as a high-potential offensive tackle.
- Versatility: He played primarily left tackle but is recognized as having swing tackle potential, with experience at both tackle positions. [, 2, 3]
While other practice reports sometimes noted inconsistencies with his footwork, he was frequently lauded for his mobility and ability to work into the second level. [1, ]
Austin Barber, OT - Florida | Senior Bowl RisersFeb 7, 2026 — austin Bower i mean excuse me Austin Barber. he's also from Florida uh he was a lot he I thought he was a basketball player when I...3:06YouTube·The Dawgs - A Cleveland Browns Podcast 2026 Senior Bowl OL Day 3 Practice Notes & TakeawaysJan 30, 2026 — Fluid mover who gets to spots quickly and carries his weight well. Raw, robotic footwork and use of hands led to several short cor...Trench Warfare | Brandon Thorn·Trench Warfare Browns 2026 NFL draft: OT Austin Barber interview with DBNApr 29, 2026 — The offensive line could very well be five new players in 2026. The need for quality offensive tackles is very real. Austin Barber...Yahoo Sports
He’s 6’7’’ and if functional strength and leverage inconsistencies are his weakness I don’t think he will play well initially at guard.