Chud may have started with Weeden but it was also his idea to put Hoyer in as early as he did and his idea to start him over campbell. I mean, honestly, no one thought Hoyer was going to be a starter but maybe Chud believed in him. And honestly, Hoyer looked elite. I dont care what anyone says I watched those games and Hoyer should be your qb going forward. Id trade you RG3 for Hoyer right now.
Skinsfan28
Posts
-
Coach Chud Fired -
Coach Chud FiredIm sorry I think a lot of you who are happy about this firing really dont know what your talking about. I pray the Redskins hire Chud as the head coach of the Skins immediately. I think hes the next great coach out there. If Brian Hoyer doesnt get injured the Browns would have won the division. I cant believe they only gave Chud 1 year. Its just a shame.
For goodness sake he made Jason Campbell look good at times.
-
HoyerIn my opinion, Hoyer can be the next Brady. Problem is, now that hes hurt, does it force your FO to draft a QB? If I was the GM, I wouldnt though, Hoyer has that "it" factor. He can play.
-
Cleveland Browns have two offers for Josh Gordon of a high pick and player, report saysHave you guys heard any new rumors with this? A friend of mine said the Redskins were interested in him. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE Josh Gordon to be a Skin. I think hes going to be a top tier wr. I was told by my friend we were offering fred davis and a mid round draft pick but I didnt think he was being honest just because Jordan Cameron is setting the league on fire and Cleveland doesnt need another TE. But he then told me they want to run 2 TE sets, so I started getting my hopes up, you guys know anything new?>
-
Andrew LuckI hope you didn't take what I said as "RG3 is bad" because I'm not saying that at all. I'm just saying there is an obvious gap between the two QB's
Oh, no I didn't take it that way at all. I agree right now luck is better, there's just no doubt. I prayed (literally) that skins would get luck out of college. But of course the colts and their Retarded owner have the luck of a rabbit foot crossed with a four leaf clover. Regardless, unlike a lot of skins fan I win screaming end of the world by any means. Griffins been pretty good even when he's been bad, and I can't complain coming from a franchise who has never had a qb. Regardless, griffin has things he needs to work on, his progressions aren't good yet, he will sometimes stare down is primary and then go right to his hot route or his check down. He never looks at routes 2-4. But since he's still quite young in the league, I have hope he can learn it.
-
Andrew LuckLucks amazing.
I just hope rg3 can learn the game up to lucks standard.
Griffin never played in a regular pro offense so I'm willing to give him another year or two before I start calling for his head.
He looked good Sunday but only time will tell
-
MalletHoyer could be the next Brady. I really think he's elite.
I know this season is starting to hurt you guys cause of weekends play but I wouldn't waste a draft pick or even trade for a qb right now just because after what I saw from hoyer I think he's going to be a star. So much so that if I would trade Kirk cousins for him in a heArtbeat and depending if rg3 keeps playing like he did against the bears or regresses again maybe even him
-
We Done With WeedenAfter watching today's game I can say weeded is definitely not the guy.
I am sorry that hoyer got hurt for you guys because I truly truly truly believe hoyer could be a top 7 qb in the league. If hoyer doesn't get hurt I think you guys not o ly win the division, but also get a first rd bye.
Such a shame, but look at the bright side you guys have a franchise about next year when he gets back, I hope you guys don't pick on in the draft because hoyer really is the truth
-
Hoyer out for seasonI'm so sorry guys. Hoyer looked like the next great qb in my opinion. But he will be back next year, I think if weeden can win 6 games you guys will win the division. Hopefully weeden will have a fire under his ass and a chip on his shoulder and play lights out. Good luck guys ill be rooting as long as y'all don't play the skins in the sb!
-
Congratulations Browns fansI knew when you guys hired Chud, this team would turn around. I knew Norv would be a good OC. I posted it here last year. Im a Skins fan, but after watching Cleveland 95, I think you fans deserve a good team (as do Skins fans), but my point is, I think the Browns are finally on their way to the top. The Steelers are garbage and so are the Ravens, the Bengals have massive holes. You guys will be dominating that division for the next ten years. You guys all deserve it. Im not saying this to be smart, I seriously smile every time I see the Browns win because they have such a dedicated fan base, that deserves some good after all the shit that has happened to them. I think Hoyer might be the future, but if hes not, you can always get a QB in the draft, but if you guys win the division, stick with him. Genius trading Trich as well, he wasnt doing anything for you guys. Im just here to tell you all, I watched that game since I have the Sunday ticket and the Skins were on at 4:30, and I can honestly say, you guys now have a good team. Im happy for all of ya, enjoy the win.
-
TRICH traded to coltsZombo said:
Everyone keeps saying that RBs are a dime a dozen.
Then how come we don't have one? We don't have a dime?
We don't have one NFL carry on our tailback depth chart and we play a league game in three days.
Zombo
What happened to Dion Lewis?
That kid could have been the next Shady McCoy. If hes still there, he would have played better than Trich.
-
TRICH traded to coltsI know a lot of you are angry about this, but RBs are a dime a dozen, and Trich, to be honest wasnt looking that great.
You guys did the right thing. Load up on picks so next year you can win the Bridgewater Bowl.
Or, if Jax gets the #1 pick, youll be able to score a QB and another good player. Itd be pretty crazy if you guys sayt got like the #2 pick and the #15 pick.
Lets say JAgs have the #1 pick, then Clowney drops to you guys at #2, or even Maquis Lee in a later pick, and then with your 2nd #1 pick, snag up Boyd, Manziel, kid from UCLA, etc
Either way you can snag a QB and an amazing playmaker during that time. Get an RB in a later round.
-
TRICH traded to coltsOk browns fans who will get the start I need to pick up a rb.
Ogbog, Rainey or mcgahee?
-
ANOTHER DEFENSIVE PERFORMANCE WASTED BY BRANDON WEEDENLol isn't this deusche bag a patriots fan? Anyone who has 2 favorite teams is a total fake.
-
Rob Chudzinski Officially New Hc Of Browns@drinklikeamanbarklikeadawg said:
Just read a report where Browns are interested in Raheem Morris to interview for the DC job. If this happens, and Morris is hired I'll officially hang up my hat, and probably watch college football for the rest of my life. I do not understand letting Dick go when the one bright side of the team has been the defense. Going back to a 3-4 just resets everything they've progressed. Also, changing schemes would more than likely throw the idea out of drafting Werner considering he ran the 4-3 all four years at FSU. I still feel like Weeden needs one more big weapon for any sort of down field threat. Can't expect Gordon and Richardson to make an entire offense. Maybe even get Bemjamin more involved with his speed. But my biggest concern is definitely what the end up doing with the DC. If its not gonna be Dick in CLE, try offering Lovie Smith a nice deal if he doesn't land anywhere.
Just to let you know. Rumors in dc were that when our defense finally started playing better it's cause Raheem Morris was calling the shots as well as lOndon fletcher and not haslett. Raheem's a good defensive mind, however, I agree that they should keep jauron because the defense is good in Cleveland.
-
Rob Chudzinski Officially New Hc Of BrownsI see your point mlktoxic, and I totally understand. I would even say that maybe a seasoned HC like a Gruden/Cowher Billick etc would fix up a crappy team.... but, the browns dont have a crappy old run down roster.
Lets take a look at the 2008/2009 Redskins before Shanahan. One of the OLDEST teams in the league. Roster is full of a bunch of entitled selfish lazy players like Haynesworth, Portis, Landry, Carlos Rogers, etc; Yes, landry and Rogers are great players, but they still were lazy and entitled, trust me.
Shanny came in and did a complete overhaul, now we have I think just 5 or 6 guys from the old roster. Orakpo, Moss, Cooley, Davis, Doughty, and Hall, (Im sure Im forgetting one or two). My point is, that 2008/2009 Skins team was just a joke, the whole team was a joke, the coaches were jokes, the gm a joke etc;
The Browns this year have it WAYYYYY better then the Skins did of 2008/2009. The Browns have a super young roster, a stiff young defense, some young bloomers at almost every playmaking postion. Your old GM did a great job with the drafting other than missing out on a possible all pro here and there like Julio Jones. But, still, did a great job, and you guys dont need a seasoned coach to tear it up and rebuild. Your already rebuilt. The problem was, with Shurmer, that he didnt adhere to his players strengths. He wanted to run the same offense that he ran with Bradford, the same old boring WCO. With Chud, hes going to walk in to the staff meeting room and ask Weeden "What do you like to do? what are you comfortable with?" And he will do that with Trich, Gordon, Benjamin etc;. He has the talent, now all he has to do is create a system for it. Theres a reason why Joe Gibbs is the ONLY coach who won a Super Bowl with more then 1 QB (He won 3 Super Bowls with THREE different qbs), its because Gibbs tailored his offense/scheme to the players strengths, and in turn, changed his offense dramatically every time he had new players.
There were 2 guys in the head coaching job races this year that have that same outlook, Mccoy and Chudzinski. You guys got the better of the two in my opinion. I think you all are going to be mad happy in a year or two.
-
Rob Chudzinski Officially New Hc Of BrownsI cant believe some of you Browns fans are upset about this hire. Im not a Browns/Panthers fan so let me give you an unbiased opinion:
The BEST coaches in the world, at football and/or anything else make a plan/scheme that adheres to their players strengths, and does not try to force players to go with their own scheme. They adapt. Chudzinksi has shown in Carolina that not only did he adapt an offense purely for Cam Newton, but he made it simple enough that guy that apparently (from reports) does not have great football smarts.
People also forget that it was actually Carolina that started this Read/Option fad in the NFL thats taken the league by storm.
Cam Newton had a great rookie year AND had a GREAT sophmore year as well. Go look at his stats this year. He threw less int's, and threw for more TDs then his rookie year.
For people that think Carolina has talent, that makes me laugh. They had no run game excdept a handful of games where Deangelo Williams had a couple big runs, other than that their running backs are an absolute joke. Their best receiver is an old man who is 5'9" and to top it off, their offensive line was battered all year.
The defense started off slow but that defense did do much better halfway through the season. Carolina was actually a very good team this year, think they went 5-1 in the last 6 games.
Chud was a great hire, you guys really should be excited, he will make a plan to cater to Weeden/Trich/Gordons strengths.
In all honesty, I think he was a steal.
-
Rob Chudzinski Officially New Hc Of BrownsCongrats browns fans, this is a great hire.
The stupid people that think can newton did worse this year need to go back an look at his stats he had a great sophomore season and chud was the reason. This guys has a great offensive mind and does the golden rule: creates schemes to his players strengths. Excellent hire. Good luck.
-
Why The Crickets?I have said this in another thread months ago.
Steeler fans are fait weather fans. Im not a browns fan, Im neutral, Im a skins fan.
I live in Pittsburgh area, and at work today, when usually all the STeeler fans wear their jerseys to work over the suit/tie, today not ONE person has worn a jersey, yet last week, everyone did. Do these sound like die hard fans to you? No. They arent, they start losing and they give up on the team, they have no idea what its like. Theyve NEVER seen the rain.
-
Browns Vs. Redskins Score PredictionsZombo said:
Well, who the hell are you? I can look around the league and see what works and what doesn't. Some guys can come in and change the culture in one year if there is good talent somewhere.
You sound like a stupid fucking Steeler fan ... "My team's good so now I am an expert on how to build a team"
What the fuck makes you think you anything more about football than I do?
Well, isn't that what I just said?
So you agree with me .. so what are you pontificating about?
Zombo
Feel what way? I just said to get rid of the fucking system and the coaches, not the players.
I'm not a big fan of Weeden right now, but if you could fucking read you could see where I said he was a square peg in a round hole in this offense and that I think at the very least we continue to go with him because there is no one in the draft that excites me. We just need an entire new system that utilizes our talent instead of trying to make it form to a certain philosophy. Why don't you try reading what I am saying, dicktits?
If you like a QB, you like a QB, you can never reach high enough if it turns out to be the right guy. I loved the Jones trade and I don't blame Holmgren/Heckert for taking a shot at Weeds in the first round if they were sold on him. We had nothing at the position. You gotta take shots.
I'm just done with this whole system and staff that Holmgren brought in, I don't think they cut it in the 2012 and I think we could do better.
Now go back to your hole because your team sucked for years and your opinion on ours is not enlightening anybody.
Zombo
Not sure if serious? lol
Anyways, yea, I never claimed to be an expert. And first and foremost, you DID say in another thread about blowing up the entire team, not just the coaches. I think the thread was titled "Not working." Secondly, I didnt mean any disrespect, nor did I mean any type of hostility, so I dont know why I was getting the name calling and hostility back at me? Couldnt tell if you were joking or not. Was honestly just making some talk/conversation. Regardless, my whole point was, if you blow up the team and keep rebuilding, it just starts all over. The teams that suffer through the bad years for long periods of time (like the Texans) will finally get it right, IF the coaching is good.
Never claimed to be an expert and sure as hell never said you didnt know anything about football or that I knew more than you? I actually thought you DID know something about football, hence my reply to try to SPEAK football TALK with you... But, maybe because so many people are a**holes in this world that automatically you think Im trying to be a d*ick?
And yes I do agree with you on the coaching point, just not the blowing up of the players with Trich and Weeden point.
And I did read what you were saying, maybe I mixxed in what you said in the other thread, but you did say to blow up players at one point. If Im mistaken and saw it was someone else, then my apology, but by all means, you really feel you need to call people over the net names when they arent even arguing with you? Heck man, if anything, I was doing the opposite and agreeing with you.
I will go back to my whole. So funny how some of you guys are. I havent talked an ounce of $*&^, been nothing but respectful, just because I know how it is when a fan from another team is on my forums talking smack or being disrespectful, and yet still, you get hostile and call names for absolutely no reason? Im assuming you took my questions and opinions as me acting like a smart a&$ even though if you read ALL my posts Ive posted on this board, Ive never acted like that once, and always enjoyed you and your fellow fans input and opinions. Its a forum, theres football conversation. I thought it would kill some time to get into a football conversation with you and/or another fan that wanted to answer.
If at any time you see me being any type of jerk or "know-it-all" in my statement/question then please point it out, because that surely wasnt my intent.
So maybe you should re-read my post, Zombo. Because you really got that one wrong. But, then again, I dont blame you for being so hostile and defensive. When Steeler and Raven fans have done nothing but come on here and talk &*$# for years, I guess it just makes you that way. Too bad, because there are actually some people who just enjoy talking football.