Well outside of you guys missing your number 1 WR, this was a pretty even game. You guys have a pretty solid defense. Haden shutdown Wallace, but that also freed up Hartline (the guy many of you dissed) to do damage on the other side. I have to wonder why the Browns decided to air it out so much. Miami was stacking on first down but not on downs 2 and 3. Richardson was under utilized. I think ST's weren't as big a factor as I originally thought but our rookie kicker is money. I don't think your team is as bad as our defense made it look. Neither offense is going to light it up but the defense should keep you in most games.
Thrawn-lite
Posts
-
Dolphin Fans: A Bunch of Tools -
Dolphin Fans: A Bunch of ToolsHow in the world do you not nail that the morning before a game...Given Ryan Tannehills obvious handicap I might have to change my prediciton.
-
Dolphin Fans: A Bunch of ToolsLet me add injuries to the list of possibilities. Miami's first unit is stout against the run. It's second team couldn't stop a well intentioned girl scout with a box of cookies. The LBs are of particular concern. Wheeler can be beaten with an athletic TE and God forbid he gets isolated on a back in a passing situation.
-
Dolphin Fans: A Bunch of ToolsOK, lets look at the matchups and see who gets the edge:
No one else has given an honest effort at this, so I will try, given my limited knowledge of the Fins talent:
Browns vs. Dolphins:
QB Weeden vs. Tannehill...yes, a wash at this point.
RB Richardson vs. Miller...Richardson. Miller ain't bad, but he doesn't have TR potential
FB Ogbanaya vs. Tyler Clutts...Probably a wash, though I think Ogby may be more versatile
TE Cameron vs. Charles Clay...another wash, both young guys trying to prove themselves.
WR Little vs. Mike Wallace...I will give the edge to Wallace on reputation alone. Gordon being in would change this.
WR Bess vs. Hartline...two possession type guys. I will give edge to Hartline because he is supposed to be a #2...Bess is not, plus he has been banged up and has not played hardly at all in preseason.
LT Joe Thomas vs. Jonathan Martin...no brainer, JT
LG John Greco vs. Rich Incognito...call it a wash
C Mack vs. Mike Pouncey...there is some debate about who is better: Maurkice Pouncey, or Mack. But Mack is better than Mike. Browns.
RG Oneil Cousins vs. Jerry John...give it to Dolphins. Cousins is a fill in converted tackle.
RT Schwartz vs. Tyson Clabo...The Schwartz is turning into a top 5 RT. Edge Browns.
Defense: (Browns run 3-4...Fins 4-3, so head to head is not quite possible)
DEs: Rubin and D. Bryant vs. Cameron Wake and Olivier Vernon...Wake is supposed to be all that and a bag of chips. Edge Dolphins
DTs: Phil Taylor vs. Randy Starks and Paul Soliai...both Fish have been to the Pro Bowl...so I will reluctantly give it to them combined, though, individually I don't believe they are better than Taylor. Edge Dolphins
LOBs: Kruger and Sheard vs. Koa Misi and Phillip Wheeler...edge Browns
ILBs: Robertson and DQ Jackson vs. Dan Ellerbe Ellerbe and DQ are on par I believe. I will give it a wash.
LCB: Haden vs. Brent Grimes...Grimes wasn't as good as Haden before his injury. Edge Browns.
SS: TJ Ward vs. Reshad Jones..I don't know this Jones. TJ Ward is Pro Bowl talent...Edge Browns
FS: Gipson vs. Chris Clemens...I don't know this Clemens...but I suspect he has more experience than Gipson, so I will give the edge to Dolphins
RCB: Buster Skrine vs. Dmitri Patterson We KNOW Dmitri sucks swamp water. Skrine beat him out for a jobe. Edge Browns.
Give us who has the edge at each slot.
I will let Emmince Funk do the special teams....but I will concede the kicker slot to the Dolphins whoever they have.
SS: TJ Ward vs. Reshad Jones..I don't know this Jones. TJ Ward is Pro Bowl talent...Edge Browns ... Reshad Jones was the best player in the Dolphins Secondary last year. He is ready to have a break out season. This game is two good defenses trying to take it up a notch and two offenses trying to prove themselves. There's a part of me that thinks a 6-3 score at half time is likely. Miami has to "survive" that opening quarter because that stadium is going to be going nuts. If they can't handle the pressure and start coughing up the ball they just don't have the offense to come from behind on the road. I usually don't call the first game of the season a must win but for Miami they face @indianapolis, Atlanta and @NO the next 3 seeks. 2-2 is a must for any reasonable shot at the playoffs. 0-4 and we'll be talking draft in October. Not sure what the Browns have loaded up but I'm fairly sure this game comes down to STs and turnovers. Long FGs, field position.
-
Dolphin Fans: A Bunch of ToolsThey had like 5 rookies starting on offense. If they stood pat, it was because they simply needed the guys they got to get experience.
Besides, they didn't stand pat. Unfortuneately the move they made was getting Dion Lewis to be another offensive threat. (a Reggie Bush like player). The problem is that he broke his leg and is out for the year. They also got Davone Bess to be a possession receiver.
You all apparently didn't like him because he wasn't a home run hitter and that is why you got Wallace. Well, we got Bess to do what Bess does best: catch first downs.
Losing players sucks. Keller was getting primed for a great season before blowing out a knee. Bess is a 3rd down beast and will be good for 6 catches or so. But as much smack as is being thrown around...this is going to be a war of attrition. Stop Richardson..ie less than 100yds rushing, Miami wins based on better STs and defenses being equal.
-
Dolphin Fans: A Bunch of ToolsSkill wise the Browns receiving corp is heads and shoulders about what was here with mang and shur. For a change, they are getting some good coaching from Embree and Turner. The first team offense in preseason looked daunting at times
Turner...surely not Norv. That Dolphin Cast-off would run when the passing game was working and pass when the running game was working.
-
Dolphin Fans: A Bunch of ToolsI have no clue why fans argue and talk shit about the cities in America the teams represent instead of the actual teams themselves but anyway...
Us Browns fans are a tad excited and over eager. The offense and its effectiveness will be impacted by Gordons absence, but I must note that the WR core as of right now is not bad at all, in fact Greg Little and Bess are fine targets...its just Weeden. If Weeden plays with the potential we saw in the first couple preseason games, then the offense will be fine. Cameron is a great target also, along with T rich. Offense should be ok.
And seriously, we cannot hype the coaching staff enough. This is the biggest upgrade for Cleveland this year, competent coaching. So watch out, the Browns may not win 11 games but they WILL be significantly improved all around. Guaranteed, thats why we are so excited for Sunday,
Browns 20 dolphins 16
If I were honest, I hated them moving Bess. All he did was get open and catch every ball thrown in his zip code. People complained about his redzone production but Miami would've never sniffed the redzone without him. He's also a class act. I hope he sucks this weekend, but otherwise wish him well.
-
Dolphin Fans: A Bunch of ToolsYou know...on page 2 there is this fellow named Sheard....lol. Is this the fearsome guy you speak of? 7 whole sacks? ...wait...who is that at number 3....yeah that's right that is C Wake. "Weeden will have time to throw"...after Sunday he's going to flinch after throwing a towel in the lockerroom.
-
Dolphin Fans: A Bunch of Toolsooh boy...another mensa candidate.
The Dolphins are going to get their collective asses handed to them in a paper bag... a doggy bag at that. They are going to drag their beat up asses to the plane and hide in a corner crying and trying to come to grips with just being dominated 44 - 16. We are going to kill Tannehill, he might never be the same after the beating we put on his pansy ass. Your Offensive line is going to be smothered and beat to fuck. Your WR's might as well not even show up because I'd be surprised if Tanny can even see them with all the stars that will be in his eyes. Your fucking dead, and Richardson will stomp on your fucking hearts. This game will be over by halftime.
Has your whole life been one big disappointment? Cuz your team sucks bro
-
Dolphin Fans: A Bunch of ToolsThis game is a wash in so many areas... Who is going to play better Tannehill or Weeden? Who is going to make the BIG play?
Wow a reasonable Browns Fan. I agree. I think both QBs will play within themselves and not try too much. I expect turnovers will be king. I think STs will play a factor. Field position will determine which team kicks the most FGs. Both Defenses are respectable.
-
Dolphin Fans: A Bunch of ToolsDon't worry daisy, your boyfriend will comfort you.
Hey...just stay away from ledges and sharp objects on Monday
-
Dolphin Fans: A Bunch of ToolsWallace is gonna quit on you in week 6.
Maybe so, but not before he scores on the Browns...lol
-
Dolphin Fans: A Bunch of ToolsZombo said:
That sounds dumb now, but it's going to really sound dumb around 4:00 PM Sunday.
By the way ... Your offense is not scary at all. Brian Hartline has 6 TDs in 4 years ... he's one of your scary threats?
OK, so Mike Wallace has one big play. What else are you going to do against our pressure?
Zombo
Hartline is a 4th year guy who needed a guy like Wallace to take the extra cover guy off of him. He still had a 1000yds last year despite seeing double coverage. Lamar Miller is a younger, faster version of Reggie Bush. Miami has upgraded. Cleveland stood pat.
-
Dolphin Fans: A Bunch of ToolsLast year in total offense and defense
Cleveland 25th
Miami 27th
Both QBs were rookies and posted similar numbers despite Tannehill missing several games. Miami actually finished higher than the Browns in the offensive rushing department. Defenses are again very similar with Cleveland getting the edge in rush defense and Miami getting the edge in pass defense. STs and turnovers will determine the game.
-
Dolphin Fans: A Bunch of ToolsAnother fag.
Big vocabulary there! That and your spelling prowess make me think the Browns aren't the only thing that are lousy in Cleveland.
-
Dolphin Fans: A Bunch of ToolsZombo...that was a long-winded way to say nothing. Richardson is a beast. If Miami contains him, they win the game. Weeden has no targets. Your offensive weapons, Richardson excepted, couldn't stretch their own groin let alone a real NFL defense. You might put together enough short drives for a few FGs. Wake is a freak. He'll introduce himself to Weeden early and often.
-
Dolphin Fans: A Bunch of ToolsI seriously question the sanity of anyone who chooses Cleveland over Naples. I've been to both. They don't call it the "Mistake by the Lake" for nothing.
-
Dolphin Fans: A Bunch of ToolsI think it's one of your homo's spelling I quoted.
ooh boy, someone throw this guy a bone on verb conjugation
-
Dolphin Fans: A Bunch of ToolsCleveland ranked in the bottom part of the league last year in offense...what have they done to improve that? Defensively, both teams have solid defenses. Miami's could be on the verge of dominant. Koa Misi was easily the best LB on the unit last year but he doesn't get the press. Wake will get two sacks, write it down. This is going to be a defensive struggle decided by ST's and turnovers. Miami will win 17-13.
-
Dolphin Fans: A Bunch of ToolsCleveland's City Motto - At least we're not Detroit
Browns Team Motto - I wish we were Detroit.