@the-gipper said:
I have had this issue with a hundred stupid fucks like you....all of whom are wrong.
So after practicing against a hundred stupid fucks the best you can manage to do is duck the subject whenever it comes up?
BTW, did you ever stop to wonder why the subject comes up so often?
Might it have something to do with the very idea that, outside of meeting rooms filled with marketing hacks, something brand new can't be decades old at the same time?
@the-gipper said:
Here is my reply: You want to argue about it: Call the NFL first and get their approval that your position is correct. Argue with them as all I am doing is stating their position, not mine. Then we can talk.
Let's say I called them and they said the very reason you can continue to claim the shit you do is because none of it matters very much to anyone outside of your bubble. And they went on to say that everyone involved agreed that the Browns name and colors were tarnished beyond repair and without value of any kind outside of Cleveland. How everyone agreed the fanbase of Cleveland would be only too happy to accept a cloned team and would never question a marketing campaign that ignored logic in favor of some feel-good story about how uniforms and office chairs make up a franchise, not people. In short, they said you can continue claiming what you do because it sells uniforms and in NFL circles that's more important than the obvious truth.
@the-gipper said:
I have my own interests, but that is not the general consensus around here. They want to talk about the Browns and their future. Don't like that? You can turn the channel.
Oh, but I do like that.
In fact I just did that very thing earlier in this thread.
Again, you're still two years away from being two years away.