Of course!
WTL
Posts
-
OTA Early Report (Which Means Nothing) -
Connor ShawYou didn't get my point, bro
-
OTA Early Report (Which Means Nothing)Lol.
No one can make the Hoyer case. It's ALL ABOUT JOHNNY.
OOPS, sorry, I missed the:
He played mediocre in 3 games that were wins.
Someone get tebow on the phone. QUICK!
It's comical, I bet I can find the same posters for Hoyer saying johnny shouldn't be the guy because he is an injury waiting to happen. Which makes zero sense. But that's the game here apparently. Fat girls are sexy.
-
Connor ShawI know plenty about the browns, that's my concern.
-
Connor ShawI agree, mobility is avoiding sacks too.
Creating extra time for receivers to run plan b routes.
It's not about rushing QB, it's about saying, 1 chance only qb's < 2+ chance qb's. I don't see that.
I want more spins, not less.
Don't want to hijack the thread though... Take the last word if you want
-
OTA Early Report (Which Means Nothing)WW, you just got trolled, bro. Your still cool though.
-
OTA Early Report (Which Means Nothing)Choco, it's easy to win an argument by restating someone's words into something different. I asked for someone to make the Hoyer case.
Apparently That isn't possible.
Yes, college is different but it's not golf to boxing either.
4-4 last year. Ok. And he was a Heisman finalist and gained more yards in the sec than anyone else not named Manziel. Leave out the 109th ranked defense part though.
But Hoyer!!!! 1,000 less yards in 9 years than Manziel in 2.
That's twice as much college time ( not in the SEC) and 5 year Cushing in the NFL.
This is dumb. There is no case for hoyer. Make it if I'm wrong, try not to cliche me to death on unmeasurables.
-
OTA Early Report (Which Means Nothing)How many playoff snaps has Hoyer taken?
Maybe your aspirations are lower than mine.. I don't see the experience.
-
Connor Shaw-250 rushing yards in college (against miss states)
I'll check it out but his lines are anything but impressive
-
Connor ShawI looked at his stats.
-
OTA Early Report (Which Means Nothing)Maybe I should clarify.
There are two parts of the mental game.
1. The Billy Beene / Lenny Dykstra side.
You can overthink things. Sometimes a f it, I'll stick em is better than over analyzing.
IMO johnny is unmatched in this because he doesn't shit the bed in big moments. In a playoff game right now, I give the mental advantage to Manziel. And it's not even close. Everyone wanted Manziel to fail in BAMA II. Even auburn alums ( like Barkley). Johnny gained more yards than anyone has ever gained on Alabama. That's big state production. HUUUUUUGE part of the mental game. Hoyer is untested. Johnny isn't.
2, X's $ O's
Manziel scored a 32 on the wonderlic; he's not an idiot. The poor decision making people often criticize was actually the opposite. Johnny football came out on 3rd down, johnny Manziel was 1&2. He played risk/reward very well. Also, teams have tried EVERYTHING on him. He's going to catch up with Hoyer in no time. This slight edge to Hoyer isn't enough to make up for M1 and physical differences.
Otherwise HE WOULD HAVE BEEN PLAYING FOOTBALL.
You guys have zero clue who johnny is, it's almost hilarious. You're going to be pleasantly surprised and feel pretty dumb.
-
OTA Early Report (Which Means Nothing)Maybe the browns should put both on the trading block and see what the market thinks.
-
OTA Early Report (Which Means Nothing)And point proven.
5 year. 7 touchdowns. 6 picks. Released 2. 1 torn ACL
SUPER BOWLS!
-
Connor ShawZom, I was talking about Hoyer, apologies, should have directly said that.
Personally I think shaw as a backup in a Manziel led team is best. Dress out 3 qb's. I like the shaw signing
-
OTA Early Report (Which Means Nothing)My goodness the idiocy is thick in here.
It's ok to not think Manziel is the guy.
But to argue Hoyer is without offering points to explain your position is?
What athletically can Hoyer do Manziel can't?
The mental bs is over rated.
1. Manziel will catch up in 1/2 a season at minimum
2. Hoyer actually has less experience than Manziel. Manziel has played with all eyes on him under extreme scrutiny and has shined. Moyer hasn't
Reading defenses is great. Making plays is better. Hoyer isn't a playmaker. Otherwise he would have been making plays the last 5 years. Manziel has 1,000 more yards in 2 seasons than Hoyer has in 9. Read that again.
Hoyer wasn't mobile before his knee injury. What can we expect now?
Dismiss as fanboys or whatever
But you're offering zero logic in the form of a rebuttal.
It's like saying jimmy at the tire shop should be qb1 cause he throws billeted to the boys after thanksgiving dinner.
The only logic I see for Hoyer over Manziel actually makes tebow over Hoyer.
Prove you position. I don't see it, seems illogical.
-
Connor ShawReading this board I can't help but wonder...
How can you guys be so optimistic about a about a guy who had -250 yards in rushing in college, who is 6 years older and coming off knee surgery? I guess the objective is to never have second chance plays? Being mobile is one thing, being a concrete footed statue is another.
I don't see the logic here. Investing in a old statue that isn't worth a 5th round draft pick in a trade isn't smart, but I guess he's your anti- Manziel horse. Ok. Good luck with that.