Big Ben Accused of Rape... again
-
Yellow, Let me guess, your younger bother grew up with and was best friends with Orlando Pace and he was always over your house right?
I went to school with some of his cousins. The Pace name is not at all uncommon in Sandtown. I'm older than he is by several years so I never really knew him...although I did sell him about $100 worth of Hip Hop CD's in 2001. Huge dude...nice guy. What was your point?
Doug
I went to school with some of his cousins. The Pace name is not at all uncommon in Sandtown. I'm older than he is by several years so I never really knew him...although I did sell him about $100 worth of Hip Hop CD's in 2001. Huge dude...nice guy. What was your point?
Doug
Haha, I was pretty close wasn't I? No point, just messing around

-
FREAKofSTEEL08 said:
Shocking... And Your a Know it all !! "Rapes Women" ?? LOL... Come on man. The Chances of that being the case are Little and None. But kick cry scream and Tremble all you want little boy , You still sound like the bitter dickweed that you are. Not crying a bit ... actually Laugh out loud when I read this BS. I point out that 95% of Steeler Fans are pissed and disgusted That our Top Flight QB has no class , that hes a Man-Whore. But we are at least sane enough to understand how the world works. Your little butt thinks Poor precious little College girl ... I went to College and DAMN , a Large percentage of them girls had a PLAN at ALL Times. ALL TIMES. 25 yrs later , I bet they are even slicker. And in this case she has takes the Western Ohio Boy to the Woodshed. Cha Freakin CHING $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ !! Grow up medicineman... this is the world we live in. All your whining Rape Rape in the World wont Change that . That chick would be laughing he Tail off listening to You. She Got you ... and She can get a Jury. Ben has major issues ...unless Cha Ching $$$ In my opinion.Add to that , If he is Charged OR Settles out of court I would like to see him Suspended . He NEEDS to learn a lesson. If they sat him half the season I wouldn't be against it.
Come on freak....I am not ripping the guy like some and to a large degree agree with your argument.....but it is only to mitigate the facts, not dispute the facts.
He was the guy setting up camp in the outhouse...that alone tells me he is a piece of crap. Having or planning sex in the outhouse....pisses me off really, the more I think about it.
What if some guy lured your daughter or sister in to the bathroom....even if she wanted to go???
I am not sure here.....did she go in to his restroom or he go in to hers??? It makes a little difference, but not a lot......just determines if I slap my sister or daughter around a bit...and I have never done that, but I am sure that is the part on which some will key, or if I just hunted him down for a face to face.
Come on freak....I am not ripping the guy like some and to a large degree agree with your argument.....but it is only to mitigate the facts, not dispute the facts.
He was the guy setting up camp in the outhouse...that alone tells me he is a piece of crap. Having or planning sex in the outhouse....pisses me off really, the more I think about it.
What if some guy lured your daughter or sister in to the bathroom....even if she wanted to go???
I am not sure here.....did she go in to his restroom or he go in to hers??? It makes a little difference, but not a lot......just determines if I slap my sister or daughter around a bit...and I have never done that, but I am sure that is the part on which some will key, or if I just hunted him down for a face to face.
I already said he pisses me off. Already said he has exposed himself as a low class individual. But that doesn't Make him a Rapist. I aint kissing his nasty A** . NOT Happy at all. Actually would welcome a suspension if Charges are brought . Not sure how I will feel when this is all over. But Dude needs to come clean and admit he has issues and needs a change. Will I be happy to see him tossing TDs for us ? I will take them , but not sure Happy will ever apply again. But the guy is NO Rapist. Common sense says its life in America land of the Free Home of the Brave (And Sadly the Perverted). All this illicit sex is a symptom of a larger underlying issue in America. Its everywhere ... dumb ass young people with absolutely no Control.
-
Come on freak....I am not ripping the guy like some and to a large degree agree with your argument.....but it is only to mitigate the facts, not dispute the facts.
He was the guy setting up camp in the outhouse...that alone tells me he is a piece of crap. Having or planning sex in the outhouse....pisses me off really, the more I think about it.
What if some guy lured your daughter or sister in to the bathroom....even if she wanted to go???
I am not sure here.....did she go in to his restroom or he go in to hers??? It makes a little difference, but not a lot......just determines if I slap my sister or daughter around a bit...and I have never done that, but I am sure that is the part on which some will key, or if I just hunted him down for a face to face.
I already said he pisses me off. Already said he has exposed himself as a low class individual. But that doesn't Make him a Rapist. I aint kissing his nasty A** . NOT Happy at all. Actually would welcome a suspension if Charges are brought . Not sure how I will feel when this is all over. But Dude needs to come clean and admit he has issues and needs a change. Will I be happy to see him tossing TDs for us ? I will take them , but not sure Happy will ever apply again. But the guy is NO Rapist. Common sense says its life in America land of the Free Home of the Brave (And Sadly the Perverted). All this illicit sex is a symptom of a larger underlying issue in America. Its everywhere ... dumb ass young people with absolutely no Control.
FREAKofSTEEL08 said:
I already said he pisses me off. Already said he has exposed himself as a low class individual. But that doesn't Make him a Rapist. I aint kissing his nasty A** . NOT Happy at all. Actually would welcome a suspension if Charges are brought . Not sure how I will feel when this is all over. But Dude needs to come clean and admit he has issues and needs a change. Will I be happy to see him tossing TDs for us ? I will take them , but not sure Happy will ever apply again. But the guy is NO Rapist. Common sense says its life in America land of the Free Home of the Brave (And Sadly the Perverted). All this illicit sex is a symptom of a larger underlying issue in America. Its everywhere ... dumb ass young people with absolutely no Control.Are you really going to blame all of America because Ben is a serial rapist?
It's clearly the city of Pittsburgh that is the problem. If it wasn't full of fat nasty bitches Ben wouldn't have gone to Georgia in the first place.
-
FREAKofSTEEL08 said:
I already said he pisses me off. Already said he has exposed himself as a low class individual. But that doesn't Make him a Rapist. I aint kissing his nasty A** . NOT Happy at all. Actually would welcome a suspension if Charges are brought . Not sure how I will feel when this is all over. But Dude needs to come clean and admit he has issues and needs a change. Will I be happy to see him tossing TDs for us ? I will take them , but not sure Happy will ever apply again. But the guy is NO Rapist. Common sense says its life in America land of the Free Home of the Brave (And Sadly the Perverted). All this illicit sex is a symptom of a larger underlying issue in America. Its everywhere ... dumb ass young people with absolutely no Control.Are you really going to blame all of America because Ben is a serial rapist?
It's clearly the city of Pittsburgh that is the problem. If it wasn't full of fat nasty bitches Ben wouldn't have gone to Georgia in the first place.
Are you really going to blame all of America because Ben is a serial rapist?
It's clearly the city of Pittsburgh that is the problem. If it wasn't full of fat nasty bitches Ben wouldn't have gone to Georgia in the first place.
Did i "Blame" America ? Read my post you brain dead moron . Simply pointed out that Ben isn't the only Young Adult in the Country "Perving" out . In fact I strongly show disaproval of his actions . It was Still HIS choice , but if your naive enough to not realize the Condition of America Shame on you. Thats all I was adding at the bottom of my post.
And the "City of Pittsburgh" ??? What on Earth does that have to do with anything , Every American City is full of Strip Joints and Massage Parlors . I worked in Cleveland for 2 yrs and drove by many of them. Put down the Crack pipe Retardo... You just looking to stir up Shit. That way you can eat and be nourished. Your are what you eat and youur words are Shit so I have to figure that you also Eat it. Geez , What a Dumb-ass you are. You low life "Geeezer".
-
Rorbotron said:
Alright so I had to make a new name because my old information was either banned or ceased to work. (FYI this is Snatch98) Ben certainly isn't going to get suspended by the NFL and it's mind blowingly Retarded to insinuate that he should or will. As far as his personal conduct I agree. The dude should flat out be more careful of his actions and I can personally attest that he's not. The police chief of my community is the former commander of the State Police, he was forced to retire because he's 60. Anyway he's a personal friend of Big Ben and flat out said that he can't keep it in his pants and I know he's slept with a good number of chicks in my area and surrounding. He certainly doesn't have "standards". Now with that being said he sure as sh.it isn't raping girls and certainly doesn't have too. What reports aren't saying because it's not "news worthy" is that several bartenders that night say the allegations are ridiculous and that the chick in question was ALL OVER HIM. Now all of the sudden it's rape and it's "rape" or "sexual assault" because Big Ben has dollars signs on his chest and a target on his back. He hasn't been charged, the first incident the chick was full of sh.it...what makes anyone think this is any different? He's an idiot for sleeping around but you can be rest assured he's not going to be suspended and he won't be charged.Sh.it is getting old and I fully expected everyone here to be all over it. I would be too if I were a fan from a different fan base.
Yeah well my friends, brothers, uncles, cousins best friend works for the FBI and he said he's an A-hole rapist.
How did she hit her head again?
Yeah well my friends, brothers, uncles, cousins best friend works for the FBI and he said he's an A-hole rapist.
How did she hit her head again?
Yea since my chain of knowledge is that long. All I said is the police chief in my area knows Big Ben personally and my family is close with the Police chief. He said he can't keep it in his pants and my point was Big Ben has dollar signs on his chest and a target on his back. If you disagree fine and Yos or whatever the hell your screen name is/was what the hell are you talking about? I'm an ass because I said that Big Ben can't keep it in his pants, but also made it clear that the amount of chicks he throws down and many "not exactly lookers" I don't think he's concerned with "raping" anyone.
-
Rorbotron said:
He's not going to be charged because the charge are BS just like the ones brought forth by the first bimbo. Big Ben is an idiot for sleeping around but he's no rapist. The media is loving it because it's the off season and the draft has yet to arrive. Hopefully he'll get his sh.it together after this though because the sleeping with anything that moves routine is getting old but once again I can state with great confidence that is exactly what occurs.you are an ass... next time, know what the shot is berfore you open your mouth
you are an ass... next time, know what the shot is berfore you open your mouth
I'll quote you now. What the hell are you talking about? Know what the "Shot" is...?
EDIT: and I've read nothing about "charges" because "charges" have not been brought.
-
Hello, When I said Detroit I meant about 8-10 years ago (before big bens rise), and where detroit actually played , The Silverdome. I'm a Browns fan just not a Retarded one like the ones on this board who says rapistberger and whines ward are over rated. I just try to be realistic. Less chance to be disappointed. As far as everyone in the state being a browns fan, thats great. If you say its true, thats good enough for me. You have no reason to lie right? I apoligize if I offended you.
All I was doing was giving you a little geography lesson. If you said Pontiac, that distance might have been closed a little (Pontiac would still be closer than Cinci though).
I too have never felt Hines Ward was overrated. He is/(was?) a very good, tough player....but I also noted that he DID, on occasion commit what most feel is a dirty play.
On BR, I felt that in his first few years in the league he may have been overrated. I still do NOT believe that he was a key factor to the Steelers SB win in 2005. That title was won by that team's superior defense and running game, and any competent, mistake free QB could have brought home that title.
2008 is another matter. I think BR WAS a key element, if not The key element to their win that year. They became far more of a passer reliant team, and he delivered in the clutch quite a bit. Obviously, especially in the Super Bowl. I didn't like seeing that, but it was a fact.
All I was doing was giving you a little geography lesson. If you said Pontiac, that distance might have been closed a little (Pontiac would still be closer than Cinci though).
I too have never felt Hines Ward was overrated. He is/(was?) a very good, tough player....but I also noted that he DID, on occasion commit what most feel is a dirty play.
On BR, I felt that in his first few years in the league he may have been overrated. I still do NOT believe that he was a key factor to the Steelers SB win in 2005. That title was won by that team's superior defense and running game, and any competent, mistake free QB could have brought home that title.
2008 is another matter. I think BR WAS a key element, if not The key element to their win that year. They became far more of a passer reliant team, and he delivered in the clutch quite a bit. Obviously, especially in the Super Bowl. I didn't like seeing that, but it was a fact
.You and I agree on the basics of almost everything. The only difference is your a Browns fan and I'm a Steelers fan. I refuse to call a play the rulebook allows "dirty", but just like every player Hines has made mistakes and commited fouls. I agree, as long as Ben didn't do anything to lose Super Bowl XL we win that game...But, if it wasn't for Ben we would have never made the playoffs that year and no other qb in NFL history had 3 consecutive multi passing TD games against the top 3 seeds in the confrence to make it to the Super Bowl. Not to mention they were all away games.
-
Are you really going to blame all of America because Ben is a serial rapist?
It's clearly the city of Pittsburgh that is the problem. If it wasn't full of fat nasty bitches Ben wouldn't have gone to Georgia in the first place.
Did i "Blame" America ? Read my post you brain dead moron . Simply pointed out that Ben isn't the only Young Adult in the Country "Perving" out . In fact I strongly show disaproval of his actions . It was Still HIS choice , but if your naive enough to not realize the Condition of America Shame on you. Thats all I was adding at the bottom of my post.
And the "City of Pittsburgh" ??? What on Earth does that have to do with anything , Every American City is full of Strip Joints and Massage Parlors . I worked in Cleveland for 2 yrs and drove by many of them. Put down the Crack pipe Retardo... You just looking to stir up Shit. That way you can eat and be nourished. Your are what you eat and youur words are Shit so I have to figure that you also Eat it. Geez , What a Dumb-ass you are. You low life "Geeezer".
FREAKofSTEEL08 said:
Did i "Blame" America ? Read my post you brain dead moron . Simply pointed out that Ben isn't the only Young Adult in the Country "Perving" out . In fact I strongly show disaproval of his actions .Oh now you have a problem with young people having sex? Typical Pittsburgh scum. Hating on young people getting laid in an attempt to justify supporting a serial rapist as your QB. Young people didn't make Ben rape that woman. But you Squeeler inbred hillbillies don't take responsibility for your excessive weight and missing teeth, I don't expect Ben to take responsibility for his rape addiction either.
but if your naive enough to not realize the Condition of America Shame on you. Thats all I was adding at the bottom of my post.
It's "you're" not "your" and "That's" not "Thats". But I'm not surprised you failed English, considering it must be hard for Stooler fans to concentrate in school knowing daddy is going to give them the "bad touch" when they go to sleep.
-
All I was doing was giving you a little geography lesson. If you said Pontiac, that distance might have been closed a little (Pontiac would still be closer than Cinci though).
I too have never felt Hines Ward was overrated. He is/(was?) a very good, tough player....but I also noted that he DID, on occasion commit what most feel is a dirty play.
On BR, I felt that in his first few years in the league he may have been overrated. I still do NOT believe that he was a key factor to the Steelers SB win in 2005. That title was won by that team's superior defense and running game, and any competent, mistake free QB could have brought home that title.
2008 is another matter. I think BR WAS a key element, if not The key element to their win that year. They became far more of a passer reliant team, and he delivered in the clutch quite a bit. Obviously, especially in the Super Bowl. I didn't like seeing that, but it was a fact
.You and I agree on the basics of almost everything. The only difference is your a Browns fan and I'm a Steelers fan. I refuse to call a play the rulebook allows "dirty", but just like every player Hines has made mistakes and commited fouls. I agree, as long as Ben didn't do anything to lose Super Bowl XL we win that game...But, if it wasn't for Ben we would have never made the playoffs that year and no other qb in NFL history had 3 consecutive multi passing TD games against the top 3 seeds in the confrence to make it to the Super Bowl. Not to mention they were all away games.
Sivlerback DPOY said:
You and I agree on the basics of almost everything. The only difference is your a Browns fan and I'm a Steelers fan. I refuse to call a play the rulebook allows "dirty", but just like every player Hines has made mistakes and commited fouls. I agree, as long as Ben didn't do anything to lose Super Bowl XL we win that game...But, if it wasn't for Ben we would have never made the playoffs that year and no other qb in NFL history had 3 consecutive multi passing TD games against the top 3 seeds in the confrence to make it to the Super Bowl. Not to mention they were all away games.Well, Ward's peers..other NFL players... have rated him one of the dirtiest players in the games. This is not Browns fans stating this. I mean, WE didn't make this up. Perhaps he has obtained a reputation and cannot now shake it.
-
Sivlerback DPOY said:
You and I agree on the basics of almost everything. The only difference is your a Browns fan and I'm a Steelers fan. I refuse to call a play the rulebook allows "dirty", but just like every player Hines has made mistakes and commited fouls. I agree, as long as Ben didn't do anything to lose Super Bowl XL we win that game...But, if it wasn't for Ben we would have never made the playoffs that year and no other qb in NFL history had 3 consecutive multi passing TD games against the top 3 seeds in the confrence to make it to the Super Bowl. Not to mention they were all away games.Well, Ward's peers..other NFL players... have rated him one of the dirtiest players in the games. This is not Browns fans stating this. I mean, WE didn't make this up. Perhaps he has obtained a reputation and cannot now shake it.
Well, Ward's peers..other NFL players... have rated him one of the dirtiest players in the games. This is not Browns fans stating this. I mean, WE didn't make this up. Perhaps he has obtained a reputation and cannot now shake it.
Offensive players will tend to vote for defensive players and most likely defensive players voted for an offensive player, not a defensive peer. A wide range of defensive players could be labeled "dirty" as opposed to Hines and maybe a few lineman who the average player couldn't even name on offense.
Of course defenders, like Rivers, are going to hate the way Ward plays and most likely call him dirty. Up until last year no rule penalized the type of hit Ward made on Rivers. Ward's physical nature probably gets him more personal foul penalties than any other reciever, but his numbers aren't comparable to the average defenders numbers. All his hits people complain about happen during the play, not late hits clearly made after the play or when the player is way out of bounds. He never stomped on someone face after their helmet fell off or never dove for someone knees after the play is over and the targetted player is just standing there. Offense/defense biased made Hines an easy target to recieve most of the votes. I guess those same defensive players never committed a personal foul AND forgot when the signed their contract they agreed to play by the same rules Ward plays by.
-
Well, Ward's peers..other NFL players... have rated him one of the dirtiest players in the games. This is not Browns fans stating this. I mean, WE didn't make this up. Perhaps he has obtained a reputation and cannot now shake it.
Offensive players will tend to vote for defensive players and most likely defensive players voted for an offensive player, not a defensive peer. A wide range of defensive players could be labeled "dirty" as opposed to Hines and maybe a few lineman who the average player couldn't even name on offense.
Of course defenders, like Rivers, are going to hate the way Ward plays and most likely call him dirty. Up until last year no rule penalized the type of hit Ward made on Rivers. Ward's physical nature probably gets him more personal foul penalties than any other reciever, but his numbers aren't comparable to the average defenders numbers. All his hits people complain about happen during the play, not late hits clearly made after the play or when the player is way out of bounds. He never stomped on someone face after their helmet fell off or never dove for someone knees after the play is over and the targetted player is just standing there. Offense/defense biased made Hines an easy target to recieve most of the votes. I guess those same defensive players never committed a personal foul AND forgot when the signed their contract they agreed to play by the same rules Ward plays by.
Sivlerback DPOY said:
Offensive players will tend to vote for defensive players and most likely defensive players voted for an offensive player, not a defensive peer. A wide range of defensive players could be labeled "dirty" as opposed to Hines and maybe a few lineman who the average player couldn't even name on offense.Of course defenders, like Rivers, are going to hate the way Ward plays and most likely call him dirty. Up until last year no rule penalized the type of hit Ward made on Rivers. Ward's physical nature probably gets him more personal foul penalties than any other reciever, but his numbers aren't comparable to the average defenders numbers. All his hits people complain about happen during the play, not late hits clearly made after the play or when the player is way out of bounds. He never stomped on someone face after their helmet fell off or never dove for someone knees after the play is over and the targetted player is just standing there. Offense/defense biased made Hines an easy target to recieve most of the votes. I guess those same defensive players never committed a personal foul AND forgot when the signed their contract they agreed to play by the same rules Ward plays by.
Well, if it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, and takes a dump like a duck, it might be a duck.
There are a couple of hundred or more other players in the NFL that played the same position and had the same opportunities to do what Ward has done, and none of them were labelled the way Ward was. All I can say if his peers consider him dirty, there must be something to it.
I get something similar when I get people in court who perhaps have a ticket for failure to control their vehicle. They give the excuse that "well it was wet, or slippery, or icy" and that they shouldn't be held accountable for the fact they lost control and went off the road into the ditch. My response is often: "Well, 500 cars just went down that same road before you did, and 500 went down the road after you did and none of them failed to control their vehicles on the ice, snow, whatever. Only you. Did the ice on the road purposely get more slippery for you than these other 500 people" Unlikely.
The 500 other other players that are in the same position as Ward didn't slip on the ice, but he did, and ended up in the ditch labelled "the NFL's dirtiest player". So, just like those reckless drivers, Hines gets his ticket. Quit trying to worm out of it and just pay the fine!
-
Ward never 'blocks' anybody that viciously when they see him coming. He takes some cheap shots, plain and simple. It's usually a blindside block and away from the play a good amount of time.
I agree that there is something to people calling him dirty, even if the rules don't agree. The rules are not perfect.
-
-
FREAKofSTEEL08 said:
Did i "Blame" America ? Read my post you brain dead moron . Simply pointed out that Ben isn't the only Young Adult in the Country "Perving" out . In fact I strongly show disaproval of his actions .Oh now you have a problem with young people having sex? Typical Pittsburgh scum. Hating on young people getting laid in an attempt to justify supporting a serial rapist as your QB. Young people didn't make Ben rape that woman. But you Squeeler inbred hillbillies don't take responsibility for your excessive weight and missing teeth, I don't expect Ben to take responsibility for his rape addiction either.
but if your naive enough to not realize the Condition of America Shame on you. Thats all I was adding at the bottom of my post.
It's "you're" not "your" and "That's" not "Thats". But I'm not surprised you failed English, considering it must be hard for Stooler fans to concentrate in school knowing daddy is going to give them the "bad touch" when they go to sleep.
Oh now you have a problem with young people having sex? Typical Pittsburgh scum. Hating on young people getting laid in an attempt to justify supporting a serial rapist as your QB. Young people didn't make Ben rape that woman. But you Squeeler inbred hillbillies don't take responsibility for your excessive weight and missing teeth, I don't expect Ben to take responsibility for his rape addiction either.
It's "you're" not "your" and "That's" not "Thats". But I'm not surprised you failed English, considering it must be hard for Stooler fans to concentrate in school knowing daddy is going to give them the "bad touch" when they go to sleep.
An English lesson from a Hillbilly ?? Thank you Jed or Eb lol...and its a MESSAGE Board. Not exactly checking all The Words , your not my Prof and I am not trying to pull an A in Brownie Board English 101. we ALL do stuff like that, shortening the words. I am sure we can bust your sorry ass for the same type of infractions.
You are a TYPICAL Jack*** Diverting attention away from the issues. And I work in The Portage, Summit .Trumbull and Mahoning County Areas. LOTS of Fat people and a good chunk of "Toothless People. You need to quit you hillbilly Retard. I have to figure you to be an inbred , from the totally asinine stuff that falls from you Butt...errrrr.... Mouth. (Same basic opening on a guy like you) And really Young people dont need to go around having sex with multiple partners you moron. You must be raising some loser kids. I feel horrible for them. No morals and a Loser for a dad , terrible. Yap yap yap ... Go ahead and respond with the typical rhetoric. Blaa Blaa Blaa...
-
Sivlerback DPOY said:
Offensive players will tend to vote for defensive players and most likely defensive players voted for an offensive player, not a defensive peer. A wide range of defensive players could be labeled "dirty" as opposed to Hines and maybe a few lineman who the average player couldn't even name on offense.Of course defenders, like Rivers, are going to hate the way Ward plays and most likely call him dirty. Up until last year no rule penalized the type of hit Ward made on Rivers. Ward's physical nature probably gets him more personal foul penalties than any other reciever, but his numbers aren't comparable to the average defenders numbers. All his hits people complain about happen during the play, not late hits clearly made after the play or when the player is way out of bounds. He never stomped on someone face after their helmet fell off or never dove for someone knees after the play is over and the targetted player is just standing there. Offense/defense biased made Hines an easy target to recieve most of the votes. I guess those same defensive players never committed a personal foul AND forgot when the signed their contract they agreed to play by the same rules Ward plays by.
Well, if it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, and takes a dump like a duck, it might be a duck.
There are a couple of hundred or more other players in the NFL that played the same position and had the same opportunities to do what Ward has done, and none of them were labelled the way Ward was. All I can say if his peers consider him dirty, there must be something to it.
I get something similar when I get people in court who perhaps have a ticket for failure to control their vehicle. They give the excuse that "well it was wet, or slippery, or icy" and that they shouldn't be held accountable for the fact they lost control and went off the road into the ditch. My response is often: "Well, 500 cars just went down that same road before you did, and 500 went down the road after you did and none of them failed to control their vehicles on the ice, snow, whatever. Only you. Did the ice on the road purposely get more slippery for you than these other 500 people" Unlikely.
The 500 other other players that are in the same position as Ward didn't slip on the ice, but he did, and ended up in the ditch labelled "the NFL's dirtiest player". So, just like those reckless drivers, Hines gets his ticket. Quit trying to worm out of it and just pay the fine!
Well, if it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, and takes a dump like a duck, it might be a duck.
There are a couple of hundred or more other players in the NFL that played the same position and had the same opportunities to do what Ward has done, and none of them were labelled the way Ward was. All I can say if his peers consider him dirty, there must be something to it.
I get something similar when I get people in court who perhaps have a ticket for failure to control their vehicle. They give the excuse that "well it was wet, or slippery, or icy" and that they shouldn't be held accountable for the fact they lost control and went off the road into the ditch. My response is often: "Well, 500 cars just went down that same road before you did, and 500 went down the road after you did and none of them failed to control their vehicles on the ice, snow, whatever. Only you. Did the ice on the road purposely get more slippery for you than these other 500 people" Unlikely.
The 500 other other players that are in the same position as Ward didn't slip on the ice, but he did, and ended up in the ditch labelled "the NFL's dirtiest player". So, just like those reckless drivers, Hines gets his ticket. Quit trying to worm out of it and just pay the fine
!Reguardless of how many people do (or don't) it doesn't make it more or less against the rules. Just becuase Ward is the only reciever who blocks doesn't mean the rules say he can't block.
Your scenario is misleading...Imagine there was no law that allows you to ticket those you fail to control their vehicle. That would be much more accurate as all of Ward's hits that got him labeled "dirty" happened when those hits were legal. Could you still ticket someone if there was absolutely no law that stated you could do so? If you don't like the law you could push to get it changed, but you can't pretend as if it exists when it doesn't.
-
Well, if it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, and takes a dump like a duck, it might be a duck.
There are a couple of hundred or more other players in the NFL that played the same position and had the same opportunities to do what Ward has done, and none of them were labelled the way Ward was. All I can say if his peers consider him dirty, there must be something to it.
I get something similar when I get people in court who perhaps have a ticket for failure to control their vehicle. They give the excuse that "well it was wet, or slippery, or icy" and that they shouldn't be held accountable for the fact they lost control and went off the road into the ditch. My response is often: "Well, 500 cars just went down that same road before you did, and 500 went down the road after you did and none of them failed to control their vehicles on the ice, snow, whatever. Only you. Did the ice on the road purposely get more slippery for you than these other 500 people" Unlikely.
The 500 other other players that are in the same position as Ward didn't slip on the ice, but he did, and ended up in the ditch labelled "the NFL's dirtiest player". So, just like those reckless drivers, Hines gets his ticket. Quit trying to worm out of it and just pay the fine
!Reguardless of how many people do (or don't) it doesn't make it more or less against the rules. Just becuase Ward is the only reciever who blocks doesn't mean the rules say he can't block.
Your scenario is misleading...Imagine there was no law that allows you to ticket those you fail to control their vehicle. That would be much more accurate as all of Ward's hits that got him labeled "dirty" happened when those hits were legal. Could you still ticket someone if there was absolutely no law that stated you could do so? If you don't like the law you could push to get it changed, but you can't pretend as if it exists when it doesn't.
Sivlerback DPOY said:
Reguardless of how many people do (or don't) it doesn't make it more or less against the rules. Just becuase Ward is the only reciever who blocks doesn't mean the rules say he can't block.Actually Kevin Walter is known around the league as the best blocking WR. Many are great blockers, you just don't see them cheap shotting people outside of the play.
-
Well, if it walks like a duck, and talks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, and takes a dump like a duck, it might be a duck.
There are a couple of hundred or more other players in the NFL that played the same position and had the same opportunities to do what Ward has done, and none of them were labelled the way Ward was. All I can say if his peers consider him dirty, there must be something to it.
I get something similar when I get people in court who perhaps have a ticket for failure to control their vehicle. They give the excuse that "well it was wet, or slippery, or icy" and that they shouldn't be held accountable for the fact they lost control and went off the road into the ditch. My response is often: "Well, 500 cars just went down that same road before you did, and 500 went down the road after you did and none of them failed to control their vehicles on the ice, snow, whatever. Only you. Did the ice on the road purposely get more slippery for you than these other 500 people" Unlikely.
The 500 other other players that are in the same position as Ward didn't slip on the ice, but he did, and ended up in the ditch labelled "the NFL's dirtiest player". So, just like those reckless drivers, Hines gets his ticket. Quit trying to worm out of it and just pay the fine
!Reguardless of how many people do (or don't) it doesn't make it more or less against the rules. Just becuase Ward is the only reciever who blocks doesn't mean the rules say he can't block.
Your scenario is misleading...Imagine there was no law that allows you to ticket those you fail to control their vehicle. That would be much more accurate as all of Ward's hits that got him labeled "dirty" happened when those hits were legal. Could you still ticket someone if there was absolutely no law that stated you could do so? If you don't like the law you could push to get it changed, but you can't pretend as if it exists when it doesn't.
Sivlerback DPOY said:
Reguardless of how many people do (or don't) it doesn't make it more or less against the rules. Just becuase Ward is the only reciever who blocks doesn't mean the rules say he can't block.Your scenario is misleading...Imagine there was no law that allows you to ticket those you fail to control their vehicle. That would be much more accurate as all of Ward's hits that got him labeled "dirty" happened when those hits were legal. Could you still ticket someone if there was absolutely no law that stated you could do so? If you don't like the law you could push to get it changed, but you can't pretend as if it exists when it doesn't.
Dude, I am a law unto myself! What I says, goes!
Seriously, what you mean really is that my scenario is non-analogous. It may not be perfectly analogous, but my point is that is analogous are the whiney excuses made for him. Plus, I am not so sure you are correct that everything he did was legal. I understand that he may in fact have been fined or suspended a time or two for his actions. Not really sure.
-
Actually in checking, here is a link to one of Ward's transgressions for which he was fined. It was against the Browns no less.:
http://www.postgameheroes.com/?p=696
And here is an article where he was fined another two more times:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3652506
And more, though these may be the same fines as above:
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/sports...578/detail.html
So, don't say it never has happened. In fact, he was fined for his actions in games against the Browns, the Bengal, the Ravens, and the Jags according to these articles. And don't use the excuse "well, the refs never called it on the field", because the refs certainly miss things that occur in the field of play that the camera, and the league later catch.
-
Actually in checking, here is a link to one of Ward's transgressions for which he was fined. It was against the Browns no less.:
http://www.postgameheroes.com/?p=696
And here is an article where he was fined another two more times:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3652506
And more, though these may be the same fines as above:
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/sports...578/detail.html
So, don't say it never has happened. In fact, he was fined for his actions in games against the Browns, the Bengal, the Ravens, and the Jags according to these articles. And don't use the excuse "well, the refs never called it on the field", because the refs certainly miss things that occur in the field of play that the camera, and the league later catch.
Actually in checking, here is a link to one of Ward's transgressions for which he was fined. It was against the Browns no less.:
http://www.postgameheroes.com/?p=696
And here is an article where he was fined another two more times:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3652506
And more, though these may be the same fines as above:
http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/sports...578/detail.html
So, don't say it never has happened. In fact, he was fined for his actions in games against the Browns, the Bengal, the Ravens, and the Jags according to these articles. And don't use the excuse "well, the refs never called it on the field", because the refs certainly miss things that occur in the field of play that the camera, and the league later catch.
It's not that your analogy wasn't perfect, it had a fatal that made it unlike Goodells fines.
For the top link, look at the first 4 pictures. All of them are at 3:09. That's not a lot of time at all. Than take a look at the very bottom picture. You can tell it was taken at 3:07. So from the time he starting lining up his block (during the play,as the carrier is pulling the much smaller DB down field) to when the block is completely finished is all of two seconds. Depending on the angle the ref had I conclude the whistle should have been blown in the 2nd or 3rd picture. Ward is clearly at a point where he is unable to pull up at all by the 4th picture.....Keep in mind in from the 1st picture (while the ball carrier was advancing) to the 2nd/3rd picture (when the whistle should have been blown) to the 4th picture (Ward engages the defender) all happened in less than one second (the clock reads 3:09 in all the pictures)...How was that block late? Ward had no way to pull up... Assuming the whistle was blown just as the ball carrier was tackled (not delayed even a tenth of a second) Ward had much less than a second to stop from going full speed.
Your are right, for the fines levied agianst Ward most weren't flag...but not by mistake....by rule. Goodell says he retains the right to fine players for actions he deems dangerous. The refs must call the game by the book. How is Ward supposed to know what warrants a fine even if the rulebook doesn't flag it? Ward asked Goodell, but didn't get an answer...Here's the link..... Ward played by the rulebook, Goodell fines by his opinion...Ward's hit on Rivers didn't draw a fine, but Ward got fined for two hit against the Ravens when nothing jumped out as what drew the fine...Like the link said, Tomlin and Ward were never told why he was fined for the Ravens game. When the rules don't forbid it, and Goodell is wildly inconsistant at fining it and usually refuses to give any explaination, how is Ward (Or Tomlin, or other players, or fans etc...) supposed to know what actions are okay?
EDIT: More fuel to the fire concerning Goodells inconsistant and vaguely explained fines
I remember seeing a video of a reporter asking Campbell about the sack Woodley put on him drawing a fine. Campbell responded by saying he was no more "intimidated" than he is any other time he gets sacked. I'll look for a link to a video or quote of Campbell.
-
[qu
Your are right, for the fines levied agianst Ward most weren't flag...but not by mistake....by rule. Goodell says he retains the right to fine players for actions he deems dangerous. The refs must call the game by the book. How is Ward supposed to know what warrants a fine even if the rulebook doesn't flag it? Ward asked Goodell, but didn't get an answer...Here's the link..... Ward played by the rulebook, Goodell fines by his opinion...Ward's hit on Rivers didn't draw a fine, but Ward got fined for two hit against the Ravens when nothing jumped out as what drew the fine...Like the link said, Tomlin and Ward were never told why he was fined for the Ravens game. When the rules don't forbid it, and Goodell is wildly inconsistant at fining it and usually refuses to give any explaination, how is Ward (Or Tomlin, or other players, or fans etc...) supposed to know what actions are okay?
Quackk, Quack, Quack.
If it were one time, I might buy it, but 4 times? Neither I nor the NFL are buying your excuses.
Hines Ward should come out in a bathing suit with a sash across him that says: NFL Mr. Cheap Shot 2008.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login