Skip to content

Fujita signed...

The Browns Board
79 34 6.3k
  • Wow. This thread has morphed to talk about Grass Stained Ass Jackson? It is amazing to me that he has any fans at all. GSA is the current version of Wali. Certain fans love him (them) because of where he was (they were) drafted and/or because of his (their) stats on a lousy defensive team.

    This signing was a good move. GSA Jackson is a special teamer on most NFL rosters.

  • nmills said:

    did you just make that number up in your head? Id like to see were you got that information. I doubt he played much more that 300 plays all season

    no sorry i dont post like you

    i actually do my re-search

    you do know our D was being on the field for an average of 53 Plays per game right?

    and an average of about 57 after the jackson injury

    Miava had a 10 game advantage over Jackson in GP so in about 570 plays (a little more)

    Miava may not have started the other 7 but he played alot in those last 10

    @jb32goat said:

    no sorry i dont post like you

    i actually do my re-search

    you do know our D was being on the field for an average of 53 Plays per game right?

    and an average of about 57 after the jackson injury

    Miava had a 10 game advantage over Jackson in GP so in about 570 plays (a little more)

    Miava may not have started the other 7 but he played alot in those last 10

    We had 1072 offensive plays against us last year. I would say Maiva maybe played a third of them plays. which would be a little over 300 plays, so i really dont beleive Maiva played 300 more plays then Jackson.

  • Wow. This thread has morphed to talk about Grass Stained Ass Jackson? It is amazing to me that he has any fans at all. GSA is the current version of Wali. Certain fans love him (them) because of where he was (they were) drafted and/or because of his (their) stats on a lousy defensive team.

    This signing was a good move. GSA Jackson is a special teamer on most NFL rosters.

    @roach said:

    Wow. This thread has morphed to talk about Grass Stained Ass Jackson? It is amazing to me that he has any fans at all. GSA is the current version of Wali. Certain fans love him (them) because of where he was (they were) drafted and/or because of his (their) stats on a lousy defensive team.

    This signing was a good move. GSA Jackson is a special teamer on most NFL rosters.

    Why the beef?, Im not mezmorized by Jackson, but hes shown he can start in this league. Every agent right now is bitter because of the uncapped year. Suprisingly its been worse for the players so far. Agents always get a cut, so obviously not giving his agent more money is "utterly ridiculous," it worked for Josh Cribbs right?

    I think we need to cool our heads, our Linebacking corps is solid right now. I agree the signing was a great move, I just dont think its an exit for the guy you call "GSA" Jackson. His stats were good, and yes the browns were bad. So what? Hes got instincts, thats hard to find. You can knock him all you want, but were not paying him much with this tender. We'll see how he responds after the injury to pay the man.

    I just agree to disagree, i dont care what year he was drafted. The guys brings it everygame and produces. Thats fine in my book. While a 2nd rounder for him would be nice, its probably not going to happen. Thats pretty high for a guy who was injured all last season. The Browns picked that tender for a reason.

  • wow wow wow, cant believe you guys landed Fujita. This was one of parcells favorite players.

    Scott has easily 4 years left in him and is one of the best leaders in the NFL. He is also one heck of a nice guy.

    I cant tell you what a shock this is to us in N.O. , you landed one of the best all around LB in the NFL, he will be not only a key player on the field but in the locker room and community. Good luck scott , we will really miss you

    Saints board in shock

    http://saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156161

  • @roach said:

    Wow. This thread has morphed to talk about Grass Stained Ass Jackson? It is amazing to me that he has any fans at all. GSA is the current version of Wali. Certain fans love him (them) because of where he was (they were) drafted and/or because of his (their) stats on a lousy defensive team.

    This signing was a good move. GSA Jackson is a special teamer on most NFL rosters.

    Why the beef?, Im not mezmorized by Jackson, but hes shown he can start in this league. Every agent right now is bitter because of the uncapped year. Suprisingly its been worse for the players so far. Agents always get a cut, so obviously not giving his agent more money is "utterly ridiculous," it worked for Josh Cribbs right?

    I think we need to cool our heads, our Linebacking corps is solid right now. I agree the signing was a great move, I just dont think its an exit for the guy you call "GSA" Jackson. His stats were good, and yes the browns were bad. So what? Hes got instincts, thats hard to find. You can knock him all you want, but were not paying him much with this tender. We'll see how he responds after the injury to pay the man.

    I just agree to disagree, i dont care what year he was drafted. The guys brings it everygame and produces. Thats fine in my book. While a 2nd rounder for him would be nice, its probably not going to happen. Thats pretty high for a guy who was injured all last season. The Browns picked that tender for a reason.

    @jrex223 said:

    Why the beef?, Im not mezmorized by Jackson, but hes shown he can start in this league. Every agent right now is bitter because of the uncapped year. Suprisingly its been worse for the players so far. Agents always get a cut, so obviously not giving his agent more money is "utterly ridiculous," it worked for Josh Cribbs right?

    I think we need to cool our heads, our Linebacking corps is solid right now. I agree the signing was a great move, I just dont think its an exit for the guy you call "GSA" Jackson. His stats were good, and yes the browns were bad. So what? Hes got instincts, thats hard to find. You can knock him all you want, but were not paying him much with this tender. We'll see how he responds after the injury to pay the man.

    I just agree to disagree, i dont care what year he was drafted. The guys brings it everygame and produces. Thats fine in my book. While a 2nd rounder for him would be nice, its probably not going to happen. Thats pretty high for a guy who was injured all last season. The Browns picked that tender for a reason.

    Let's see how many sniffs we get at a 2nd round pick from that tender.

    Instincts? That's where we differ. How often does Jackson meet the ball carrier at the line of scrimmage? Watch Trusnick. i wish a guy with his instincts had the physical gifts of Jackson.

    We agree that instincts are important. i'm afraid that on this player, that is where our agreement ends.

  • Fujita gets three-year, $14 million deal

    Posted by Mike Florio on March 7, 2010 8:40 PM ET

    The Browns made a big splash in free agency without spending big cash.

    Tony Grossi of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that linebacker Scott Fujita's deal is worth $14 million over three years.

    It's hardly a big-money deal -- and it makes us wonder why the Saints didn't cough up the same package in order to keep Fujita from leaving.

  • Great news! I was really hoping we'd be able to sign him.

    He brings leadership and a high motor to our defense. Great signing.

  • @jrex223 said:

    Why the beef?, Im not mezmorized by Jackson, but hes shown he can start in this league. Every agent right now is bitter because of the uncapped year. Suprisingly its been worse for the players so far. Agents always get a cut, so obviously not giving his agent more money is "utterly ridiculous," it worked for Josh Cribbs right?

    I think we need to cool our heads, our Linebacking corps is solid right now. I agree the signing was a great move, I just dont think its an exit for the guy you call "GSA" Jackson. His stats were good, and yes the browns were bad. So what? Hes got instincts, thats hard to find. You can knock him all you want, but were not paying him much with this tender. We'll see how he responds after the injury to pay the man.

    I just agree to disagree, i dont care what year he was drafted. The guys brings it everygame and produces. Thats fine in my book. While a 2nd rounder for him would be nice, its probably not going to happen. Thats pretty high for a guy who was injured all last season. The Browns picked that tender for a reason.

    Let's see how many sniffs we get at a 2nd round pick from that tender.

    Instincts? That's where we differ. How often does Jackson meet the ball carrier at the line of scrimmage? Watch Trusnick. i wish a guy with his instincts had the physical gifts of Jackson.

    We agree that instincts are important. i'm afraid that on this player, that is where our agreement ends.

    @roach said:

    Let's see how many sniffs we get at a 2nd round pick from that tender.

    Instincts? That's where we differ. How often does Jackson meet the ball carrier at the line of scrimmage? Watch Trusnick. i wish a guy with his instincts had the physical gifts of Jackson.

    We agree that instincts are important. i'm afraid that on this player, that is where our agreement ends.

    He does it often enough. He didnt get in this league because of his physical gifts. Hes short and undersized, but he plays big. How many times has he got his hands on a pass, I know he has a few picks. Those are the instincts im talking about. Hes good at reading plays quickly. Hes great in coverage and finds the ball, hes decent against the run because of his size, hes made a lot of plays on the edge, but hes toast in the middle, thats why Fujita is a very good signing. Hes huge and the guy he can play. He can stuff the run and even put some more pressure on the QB.

    Had to get one last rebuttle in there my freind, i think the lost season has made some forget.

    BTW... I hope we do get some Sniffs, thats probably what the Browns equated his value too. It still pretty high for a guy whos been out a season. That Bodes well for us.

  • nmills said:

    did you just make that number up in your head? Id like to see were you got that information. I doubt he played much more that 300 plays all season

    no sorry i dont post like you

    i actually do my re-search

    you do know our D was being on the field for an average of 53 Plays per game right?

    and an average of about 57 after the jackson injury

    Miava had a 10 game advantage over Jackson in GP so in about 570 plays (a little more)

    Miava may not have started the other 7 but he played alot in those last 10

    @jb32goat said:

    no sorry i dont post like you

    i actually do my re-search

    you do know our D was being on the field for an average of 53 Plays per game right?

    and an average of about 57 after the jackson injury

    Miava had a 10 game advantage over Jackson in GP so in about 570 plays (a little more)

    Miava may not have started the other 7 but he played alot in those last 10

    I don't know where you did your research, and I don't know exactly what you are trying to say... but... from NFL.com

    We had 63, 72, 66, 76, 68, 74 plays against us in the first 6 games that Jackson played. That's 421 plays, in which he recorded 59 tackles. That's 7 plays per tackle. That is also on pace for 157 tackles.

    Maiava did not record a single game stat until that 6th game, in which his stats were similar, but just under what Jackson recorded. I don't know what that means exactly, as NFL.com doesn't tell you how many plays each defender actually played in.

    After jackson was injured, Maiava did not record a game stat in two games. Whether this means he was shut out, or didn't play, I don't know. But the number of games he recorded game stats in, were 9, at 594 plays, which equals 12 plays per tackle. Add in the other 7 games he had no stats in, that equals 21 plays per tackle.

    By the way, Maiava only had 48 tackles.

    So what does all this tell us? I don't know, but I do know it doesn't tell us that Maiava played 300 more plays than Jackson. I would say in the 5 games that Jackson played healthy, that Maiava probably got 5 defensive plays total, in each game. That's 25 plays. In the 6th game, Maiava probably played in a 3rd of the plays (not half, because Maiava was probably the backer removed in the nickle package.) So rounding up, that comes to 50 plays in the first 6 games. No stats in games 11 and 12, so lets say he played all those plays anyways, even though it was probably closer the first 6 games. That comes to 646 plays to Jackson's 386 plays.

    But the number of plays shouldn't be what we are looking at, it should be the number of plays per tackle.

  • Welcome the Asian Assassin.

    Fujita was named defensive captain of the Saints in 07.

    good story about him

    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...=fleming/061110

  • Roth, Fujita, Jackson and Wimbley?? Thats a damn good lineup

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    While you may have good arguments, you just ruin it by saying things like "owned".

    It makes you sound childish and stupid. Don't be such a dick, and you'll find that people here won't want to immediately dismiss everything you say.

    good for them i guess they always want to be wrong then

    i always look up and re-search my post to make sure they are 100% accurate

    @jb32goat said:

    [/b]

    good for them i guess they always want to be wrong then

    i always look up and re-search my post to make sure they are 100% accurate

    You're stats may be accurate but your player assessment is way off. Somebody is gonna lead the team in tackles every year and it better be the guy in the middle. That doesnt mean hes awesome, it means hes in the middle of everything. Mr. Stats, how many of his tackles were 6 yards downfield? In a 3-4 the ILBs are the guys who are supposed to get the stats but more importantly, they are supposed to make plays at the LOS. He doesnt. Saying he has the most tackles means hes awesome is like saying Brittany Spears is a better artist than Mozart. I mean, she has sold waaaay more records right? Knowing your numbers doesnt mean a thing if you dont understand why those numbers are what they are.

  • Welcome the Asian Assassin.

    Fujita was named defensive captain of the Saints in 07.

    good story about him

    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...=fleming/061110

    @flipflop said:

    Welcome the Asian Assassin.

    Fujita was named defensive captain of the Saints in 07.

    good story about him

    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...=fleming/061110

    This might also give you some insight into how good a guy Fujita is, and how his character can help a ball club

    http://www.nola.com/outdoors/index.ssf/201...ion_for_ne.html

  • @choco said:

    so, where else do players come from other than the draft?

    even more ironic, why not look up which round DQ was drafted in.....ya know, one of those unknown unproven guys that wasn't a household name in college.

    you kill me....lol.

    your right he was unknown and unproven just like every other single rookie

    by your logic every 2nd round pick is going to workout right? owned

    @jb32goat said:

    your right he was unknown and unproven just like every other single rookie

    by your logic every 2nd round pick is going to workout right? owned

    yo 57! welcome to your new short lived home, kelmiper.....rbcosu.....littleanimal....or whatever other names you like to go by nowadays.

    im amused at your pathetic attempts for validation. ive handed your ass to you enough times, i'll let these guys have some fun.

    carry on...

  • wow wow wow, cant believe you guys landed Fujita. This was one of parcells favorite players.

    Scott has easily 4 years left in him and is one of the best leaders in the NFL. He is also one heck of a nice guy.

    I cant tell you what a shock this is to us in N.O. , you landed one of the best all around LB in the NFL, he will be not only a key player on the field but in the locker room and community. Good luck scott , we will really miss you

    Saints board in shock

    http://saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156161

    @pherein said:

    wow wow wow, cant believe you guys landed Fujita. This was one of parcells favorite players.

    Scott has easily 4 years left in him and is one of the best leaders in the NFL. He is also one heck of a nice guy.

    I cant tell you what a shock this is to us in N.O. , you landed one of the best all around LB in the NFL, he will be not only a key player on the field but in the locker room and community. Good luck scott , we will really miss you

    Saints board in shock

    http://saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156161

    I second that! Have met Scott Fujita several times just around town and he really is down to earth, and when healthy can be the leader of your defense and make all the calls. He really flourished in our new defense this year and Greg Williams did play some 3-4 this year so he is already versed in it and might just need to catch on to Manginis verbage. Yall are getting a good, solid LB but an even better citizen to your community. I know the DOG POUND will love him as we did. I will root for you guys just alittle bit more this coming year unless you play us. We did realize one thing that yall did to though that Jeff Faine was an over priced POS!

    You will missed Scott.

  • Roths definitely gonna start on the outside in my opinion. I think Fujitas going to be our run-stopping ILB.

    Big guy, 6'5", 250, and Heckert said he can play either. I like the pick up, SMART move

    Wimbley, Jackson, Fujita, and Roth would be a great group of starters. Our linebacking corps looks pretty solid. The secondary is by far our biggest problem, er... besides QB anyway.

    Eric Berry would be fantasic!... Im keepin hope alive, i hope he falls. Haden worried me wih his forty time. I usually dont pay attention to that crap but over 2.5...cmon buddy, they have months to get ready. they know the drills

    @jrex223 said:

    Roths definitely gonna start on the outside in my opinion. I think Fujitas going to be our run-stopping ILB.

    Big guy, 6'5", 250, and Heckert said he can play either. I like the pick up, SMART move

    Wimbley, Jackson, Fujita, and Roth would be a great group of starters. Our linebacking corps looks pretty solid. The secondary is by far our biggest problem, er... besides QB anyway.

    Eric Berry would be fantasic!... Im keepin hope alive, i hope he falls. Haden worried me wih his forty time. I usually dont pay attention to that crap but over 2.5...cmon buddy, they have months to get ready. they know the drills

    You guys are gonna love Fujita. He is a work out worrier and keeps himself in top shape.

    When he was out for the Saints they had real troubles in stopping the run.

    He is very smart and will give his all on every play. He will bring leadership on and off the field.

    He gave half of his $82,000 from his playoff SB bonus to charity to help rebuild the gulf coast.

    I think the N.O front office wanted to go younger plus they can't sign any free agents unless they loose one. So he and Sharper were their only options.

    Here is a quote from the Saints Board.

    "Scott will do well in Cleveland.

    Remember, in 2006, he joined a franchise that was in far more desperate straights than the Browns are right now - He joined a team in a city only a few months removed from the worst natural disaster in our country's history, and didn't know if the team would even be there long term.

    Scott is exactly what Cleveland needs right now - another great leader, a solid player, an even better citizen, and a class act. "

  • Anyone else notice Saints fans are nice as hell? Damn I wish Stooler trolls would take notes... unfortunately that requires the ability to write however 😵

  • K Koa

    Anyone else notice Saints fans are nice as hell? Damn I wish Stooler trolls would take notes... unfortunately that requires the ability to write however 😵

    @koa said:

    Anyone else notice Saints fans are nice as hell? Damn I wish Stooler trolls would take notes... unfortunately that requires the ability to write however 😵

    We have a thing in N.O. called hospitality. We respect other teams and their forums.

    I am embarrassed to be posting here, because I do know I do not belong, but I did so that you would know what a great player Fujita is. I do a apologize if I have over step my intent. I think you will enjoy when we play, we do not hate down in the big easy, its football, fun, food, and friendship. you will be welcome.

  • @koa said:

    Anyone else notice Saints fans are nice as hell? Damn I wish Stooler trolls would take notes... unfortunately that requires the ability to write however 😵

    We have a thing in N.O. called hospitality. We respect other teams and their forums.

    I am embarrassed to be posting here, because I do know I do not belong, but I did so that you would know what a great player Fujita is. I do a apologize if I have over step my intent. I think you will enjoy when we play, we do not hate down in the big easy, its football, fun, food, and friendship. you will be welcome.

    @pherein said:

    We have a thing in N.O. called hospitality. We respect other teams and their forums.

    I am embarrassed to be posting here, because I do know I do not belong, but I did so that you would know what a great player Fujita is. I do a apologize if I have over step my intent. I think you will enjoy when we play, we do not hate down in the big easy, its football, fun, food, and friendship. you will be welcome.

    No reason to be embarrassed you're welcome here any time.

    I browsed the Saints forums and saw how impactful Fujita was to your club/city. No need to worry because he will be quickly embraced by Cleveland based on his character/class alone. We love blue collar guys.

    Good luck to your team next season, minus the Browns game 😉

  • Where did these douchebags come from?

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Where did these douchebags come from?

    Where did these douchebags come from?

    They saw the movie "How to lose friends and alienate people"