Skip to content

Fujita signed...

The Browns Board
79 34 6.3k
  • nmills said:

    did you just make that number up in your head? Id like to see were you got that information. I doubt he played much more that 300 plays all season

    no sorry i dont post like you

    i actually do my re-search

    you do know our D was being on the field for an average of 53 Plays per game right?

    and an average of about 57 after the jackson injury

    Miava had a 10 game advantage over Jackson in GP so in about 570 plays (a little more)

    Miava may not have started the other 7 but he played alot in those last 10

    @jb32goat said:

    no sorry i dont post like you

    i actually do my re-search

    you do know our D was being on the field for an average of 53 Plays per game right?

    and an average of about 57 after the jackson injury

    Miava had a 10 game advantage over Jackson in GP so in about 570 plays (a little more)

    Miava may not have started the other 7 but he played alot in those last 10

    I don't know where you did your research, and I don't know exactly what you are trying to say... but... from NFL.com

    We had 63, 72, 66, 76, 68, 74 plays against us in the first 6 games that Jackson played. That's 421 plays, in which he recorded 59 tackles. That's 7 plays per tackle. That is also on pace for 157 tackles.

    Maiava did not record a single game stat until that 6th game, in which his stats were similar, but just under what Jackson recorded. I don't know what that means exactly, as NFL.com doesn't tell you how many plays each defender actually played in.

    After jackson was injured, Maiava did not record a game stat in two games. Whether this means he was shut out, or didn't play, I don't know. But the number of games he recorded game stats in, were 9, at 594 plays, which equals 12 plays per tackle. Add in the other 7 games he had no stats in, that equals 21 plays per tackle.

    By the way, Maiava only had 48 tackles.

    So what does all this tell us? I don't know, but I do know it doesn't tell us that Maiava played 300 more plays than Jackson. I would say in the 5 games that Jackson played healthy, that Maiava probably got 5 defensive plays total, in each game. That's 25 plays. In the 6th game, Maiava probably played in a 3rd of the plays (not half, because Maiava was probably the backer removed in the nickle package.) So rounding up, that comes to 50 plays in the first 6 games. No stats in games 11 and 12, so lets say he played all those plays anyways, even though it was probably closer the first 6 games. That comes to 646 plays to Jackson's 386 plays.

    But the number of plays shouldn't be what we are looking at, it should be the number of plays per tackle.

  • Welcome the Asian Assassin.

    Fujita was named defensive captain of the Saints in 07.

    good story about him

    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...=fleming/061110

  • Roth, Fujita, Jackson and Wimbley?? Thats a damn good lineup

  • @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    While you may have good arguments, you just ruin it by saying things like "owned".

    It makes you sound childish and stupid. Don't be such a dick, and you'll find that people here won't want to immediately dismiss everything you say.

    good for them i guess they always want to be wrong then

    i always look up and re-search my post to make sure they are 100% accurate

    @jb32goat said:

    [/b]

    good for them i guess they always want to be wrong then

    i always look up and re-search my post to make sure they are 100% accurate

    You're stats may be accurate but your player assessment is way off. Somebody is gonna lead the team in tackles every year and it better be the guy in the middle. That doesnt mean hes awesome, it means hes in the middle of everything. Mr. Stats, how many of his tackles were 6 yards downfield? In a 3-4 the ILBs are the guys who are supposed to get the stats but more importantly, they are supposed to make plays at the LOS. He doesnt. Saying he has the most tackles means hes awesome is like saying Brittany Spears is a better artist than Mozart. I mean, she has sold waaaay more records right? Knowing your numbers doesnt mean a thing if you dont understand why those numbers are what they are.

  • Welcome the Asian Assassin.

    Fujita was named defensive captain of the Saints in 07.

    good story about him

    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...=fleming/061110

    @flipflop said:

    Welcome the Asian Assassin.

    Fujita was named defensive captain of the Saints in 07.

    good story about him

    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...=fleming/061110

    This might also give you some insight into how good a guy Fujita is, and how his character can help a ball club

    http://www.nola.com/outdoors/index.ssf/201...ion_for_ne.html

  • @choco said:

    so, where else do players come from other than the draft?

    even more ironic, why not look up which round DQ was drafted in.....ya know, one of those unknown unproven guys that wasn't a household name in college.

    you kill me....lol.

    your right he was unknown and unproven just like every other single rookie

    by your logic every 2nd round pick is going to workout right? owned

    @jb32goat said:

    your right he was unknown and unproven just like every other single rookie

    by your logic every 2nd round pick is going to workout right? owned

    yo 57! welcome to your new short lived home, kelmiper.....rbcosu.....littleanimal....or whatever other names you like to go by nowadays.

    im amused at your pathetic attempts for validation. ive handed your ass to you enough times, i'll let these guys have some fun.

    carry on...

  • wow wow wow, cant believe you guys landed Fujita. This was one of parcells favorite players.

    Scott has easily 4 years left in him and is one of the best leaders in the NFL. He is also one heck of a nice guy.

    I cant tell you what a shock this is to us in N.O. , you landed one of the best all around LB in the NFL, he will be not only a key player on the field but in the locker room and community. Good luck scott , we will really miss you

    Saints board in shock

    http://saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156161

    @pherein said:

    wow wow wow, cant believe you guys landed Fujita. This was one of parcells favorite players.

    Scott has easily 4 years left in him and is one of the best leaders in the NFL. He is also one heck of a nice guy.

    I cant tell you what a shock this is to us in N.O. , you landed one of the best all around LB in the NFL, he will be not only a key player on the field but in the locker room and community. Good luck scott , we will really miss you

    Saints board in shock

    http://saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156161

    I second that! Have met Scott Fujita several times just around town and he really is down to earth, and when healthy can be the leader of your defense and make all the calls. He really flourished in our new defense this year and Greg Williams did play some 3-4 this year so he is already versed in it and might just need to catch on to Manginis verbage. Yall are getting a good, solid LB but an even better citizen to your community. I know the DOG POUND will love him as we did. I will root for you guys just alittle bit more this coming year unless you play us. We did realize one thing that yall did to though that Jeff Faine was an over priced POS!

    You will missed Scott.

  • Roths definitely gonna start on the outside in my opinion. I think Fujitas going to be our run-stopping ILB.

    Big guy, 6'5", 250, and Heckert said he can play either. I like the pick up, SMART move

    Wimbley, Jackson, Fujita, and Roth would be a great group of starters. Our linebacking corps looks pretty solid. The secondary is by far our biggest problem, er... besides QB anyway.

    Eric Berry would be fantasic!... Im keepin hope alive, i hope he falls. Haden worried me wih his forty time. I usually dont pay attention to that crap but over 2.5...cmon buddy, they have months to get ready. they know the drills

    @jrex223 said:

    Roths definitely gonna start on the outside in my opinion. I think Fujitas going to be our run-stopping ILB.

    Big guy, 6'5", 250, and Heckert said he can play either. I like the pick up, SMART move

    Wimbley, Jackson, Fujita, and Roth would be a great group of starters. Our linebacking corps looks pretty solid. The secondary is by far our biggest problem, er... besides QB anyway.

    Eric Berry would be fantasic!... Im keepin hope alive, i hope he falls. Haden worried me wih his forty time. I usually dont pay attention to that crap but over 2.5...cmon buddy, they have months to get ready. they know the drills

    You guys are gonna love Fujita. He is a work out worrier and keeps himself in top shape.

    When he was out for the Saints they had real troubles in stopping the run.

    He is very smart and will give his all on every play. He will bring leadership on and off the field.

    He gave half of his $82,000 from his playoff SB bonus to charity to help rebuild the gulf coast.

    I think the N.O front office wanted to go younger plus they can't sign any free agents unless they loose one. So he and Sharper were their only options.

    Here is a quote from the Saints Board.

    "Scott will do well in Cleveland.

    Remember, in 2006, he joined a franchise that was in far more desperate straights than the Browns are right now - He joined a team in a city only a few months removed from the worst natural disaster in our country's history, and didn't know if the team would even be there long term.

    Scott is exactly what Cleveland needs right now - another great leader, a solid player, an even better citizen, and a class act. "

  • Anyone else notice Saints fans are nice as hell? Damn I wish Stooler trolls would take notes... unfortunately that requires the ability to write however 😵

  • K Koa

    Anyone else notice Saints fans are nice as hell? Damn I wish Stooler trolls would take notes... unfortunately that requires the ability to write however 😵

    @koa said:

    Anyone else notice Saints fans are nice as hell? Damn I wish Stooler trolls would take notes... unfortunately that requires the ability to write however 😵

    We have a thing in N.O. called hospitality. We respect other teams and their forums.

    I am embarrassed to be posting here, because I do know I do not belong, but I did so that you would know what a great player Fujita is. I do a apologize if I have over step my intent. I think you will enjoy when we play, we do not hate down in the big easy, its football, fun, food, and friendship. you will be welcome.

  • @koa said:

    Anyone else notice Saints fans are nice as hell? Damn I wish Stooler trolls would take notes... unfortunately that requires the ability to write however 😵

    We have a thing in N.O. called hospitality. We respect other teams and their forums.

    I am embarrassed to be posting here, because I do know I do not belong, but I did so that you would know what a great player Fujita is. I do a apologize if I have over step my intent. I think you will enjoy when we play, we do not hate down in the big easy, its football, fun, food, and friendship. you will be welcome.

    @pherein said:

    We have a thing in N.O. called hospitality. We respect other teams and their forums.

    I am embarrassed to be posting here, because I do know I do not belong, but I did so that you would know what a great player Fujita is. I do a apologize if I have over step my intent. I think you will enjoy when we play, we do not hate down in the big easy, its football, fun, food, and friendship. you will be welcome.

    No reason to be embarrassed you're welcome here any time.

    I browsed the Saints forums and saw how impactful Fujita was to your club/city. No need to worry because he will be quickly embraced by Cleveland based on his character/class alone. We love blue collar guys.

    Good luck to your team next season, minus the Browns game 😉

  • Where did these douchebags come from?

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Where did these douchebags come from?

    Where did these douchebags come from?

    They saw the movie "How to lose friends and alienate people"

  • I love this signing!

    This is the type of signing that free agency was made for. A low-risk, consistant, hard working, veteran with 4 to 5 years left in him. Perfect! I know a lot of fans want to sign guys who will eventually make the cover of Madden, but this Fujita signing is perfect. Everytime this guy was a free agent I wanted him, and now, he's here. Solid, solid choice. And now for Saints fans to make it a point to come in here and praise him, I feel 10 times better about it. This is the signing that Jamir Miller, Willie McGinnest, and Chris Spielman were suppost to be. I think that in and of itself should tell us fans how much better equipped this new regime is at building a team.

  • Wow. This thread has morphed to talk about Grass Stained Ass Jackson? It is amazing to me that he has any fans at all. GSA is the current version of Wali. Certain fans love him (them) because of where he was (they were) drafted and/or because of his (their) stats on a lousy defensive team.

    This signing was a good move. GSA Jackson is a special teamer on most NFL rosters.

    @roach said:

    Wow. This thread has morphed to talk about Grass Stained Ass Jackson? It is amazing to me that he has any fans at all. GSA is the current version of Wali. Certain fans love him (them) because of where he was (they were) drafted and/or because of his (their) stats on a lousy defensive team.

    This signing was a good move. GSA Jackson is a special teamer on most NFL rosters.

    Right. The post title is "Fujita signed...". WTF, talk about getting off track. I think Fujita will be a great addition.

  • Probably not the big splash that everyone's looking for, but he's a solid player.

    Gret addition welcome aboard!

    @erie-dawg said:

    Probably not the big splash that everyone's looking for, but he's a solid player.

    Gret addition welcome aboard!

    Nothing wrong with 'solid' players. Every team needs them. You can layer the 'exceptional/skill' players on a foundation of solid players. This one is only 30 years old.

    Another upgrade.

  • I love this pickup. He may not be the most talented, fastest player out there. But he has the most heart...and teams feed around that.

  • Hey all, Saints fan here. Just wanted to comment on your pick up of Fujita. He is a solid starter, and a very inelligent football player. He lacks the physical talent to ever be a superstar LB, but he makes up for it with his knowledge and leadership on the field. I was sorry to see him go, but thats how football goes these days. Not only is he a leader on the field, but he was also very active in the community here, I think you will find this to be a very good pick up for yall. I'm glad yall threw some decent money at him so at least now we can sign a free agent. I really hate the limitiations put on the top 4 finishing teams, but I guess thats the price you pay for finally winning a Superbowl. Anyway, good luck to yall and hope Fujita does well for yall.

    🥷

  • yeah...lol, you see his hit on Moreno?... Ooooh Weeee

    @jrex223 said:

    yeah...lol, you see his hit on Moreno?... Ooooh Weeee

    That was nasto

  • ^^^^^ hits like that are a dime a dozen in the NFL. heck even Elam and Adams make them occasionally. i wonder how expensive the top 10 picks will be without a cap in place? let's just get the hell away from them altogether, save some contract headaches.

    on topic: great signing.

    Fujita will make the whole LB core better, including D'Q J.

    a HUGE addition with value in many ways>>ferocious starting LB, a leader on the field, a leader off the field, great teammate, a mentor, a model citizen with history of heavy community involvement, a former Saints team captain and defensive signal caller who donated half his postseason paycheck to charity.....at 4.75 M per year? what a steal. good job EM/H3.

  • Where did these douchebags come from?

    @tim-couch-pulls-out said:

    Where did these douchebags come from?

    JB32Goat? I have no clue, but he is certainly showing his ass. Whats up with the hostility, JB32Goat?