Miserable city?
-
Cleveland's not even in the top 40 in terms of crime rate by city
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States...s_by_crime_rate
According to that chart you provided Cleveland's crime rate of 1556+ per 100,000 is #7 worst in the country after St. Louis, Detroit, Baltimore, Memphis, KC and Milwaukee. Read the chart again under "Total" per 100,000.
According to that chart you provided Cleveland's crime rate of 1556+ per 100,000 is #7 worst in the country after St. Louis, Detroit, Baltimore, Memphis, KC and Milwaukee. Read the chart again under "Total" per 100,000.
I wrote:
Per the FBI's list of cities with the most violent crimes per capita, the following top the list:
1. New York
2. Los Angeles
3. Chicago
4. Houston
5. Phoenix
6. Philadelphia
7. Las Vegas
8. San Antonio
9. Dallas
10. San Diego
11. San Jose
12. Honolulu
Tell me where you think I got this data from
-
According to that chart you provided Cleveland's crime rate of 1556+ per 100,000 is #7 worst in the country after St. Louis, Detroit, Baltimore, Memphis, KC and Milwaukee. Read the chart again under "Total" per 100,000.
I wrote:
Per the FBI's list of cities with the most violent crimes per capita, the following top the list:
1. New York
2. Los Angeles
3. Chicago
4. Houston
5. Phoenix
6. Philadelphia
7. Las Vegas
8. San Antonio
9. Dallas
10. San Diego
11. San Jose
12. Honolulu
Tell me where you think I got this data from
Tell me where you think I got this data from
Not yours Gip. I was using the total crime rate per 100,000 from the quote I included in my response.
-
Tell me where you think I got this data from
Not yours Gip. I was using the total crime rate per 100,000 from the quote I included in my response.
Not yours Gip. I was using the total crime rate per 100,000 from the quote I included in my response.
Well, I used something that said "FBI list of cities with most violent crimes per capita." I don't know if I used Wikipedia, or the FBI's own website, or something else. I didn't make it up. Not sure where I got it.
(remember also...I did this research in 2010....the stats you reflect are from 2017. Don't know if things could have changed that drastically in that time.
-
Cleveland's not even in the top 40 in terms of crime rate by city
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States...s_by_crime_rate
According to that chart you provided Cleveland's crime rate of 1556+ per 100,000 is #7 worst in the country after St. Louis, Detroit, Baltimore, Memphis, KC and Milwaukee. Read the chart again under "Total" per 100,000.
According to that chart you provided Cleveland's crime rate of 1556+ per 100,000 is #7 worst in the country after St. Louis, Detroit, Baltimore, Memphis, KC and Milwaukee. Read the chart again under "Total" per 100,000.
One bad side of town or neighborhood or suburb can kind of ruin things for a ciy or region happens now all over the world.
Just look at South Chicago or the east side of Cleveland or South Central LA or many other cities now.
-
According to that chart you provided Cleveland's crime rate of 1556+ per 100,000 is #7 worst in the country after St. Louis, Detroit, Baltimore, Memphis, KC and Milwaukee. Read the chart again under "Total" per 100,000.
One bad side of town or neighborhood or suburb can kind of ruin things for a ciy or region happens now all over the world.
Just look at South Chicago or the east side of Cleveland or South Central LA or many other cities now.
One bad side of town or neighborhood or suburb can kind of ruin things for a ciy or region happens now all over the world.
Just look at South Chicago or the east side of Cleveland or South Central LA or many other cities now.
There are areas of Houston and Dallas I would definitely have on my concealed 9mm (I have the license to carry).
-
Cleveland is definetely a high crime city, the suburbs are mostly safe however. I wouldn't go to E78th and St. Clair where my dear grandparents lived now or I would probably be killed because I'm white.
-
Cleveland is definetely a high crime city, the suburbs are mostly safe however. I wouldn't go to E78th and St. Clair where my dear grandparents lived now or I would probably be killed because I'm white.
Cleveland is definetely a high crime city, the suburbs are mostly safe however. I wouldn't go to E78th and St. Clair where my dear grandparents lived now or I would probably be killed because I'm white.
You might more likely be killed for some other reasons.
-
Cleveland is definetely a high crime city, the suburbs are mostly safe however. I wouldn't go to E78th and St. Clair where my dear grandparents lived now or I would probably be killed because I'm white.
You might more likely be killed for some other reasons.
You might more likely be killed for some other reasons.
Not likely.
-
You might more likely be killed for some other reasons.
Not likely.
Not likely.
YeahYeah
-
Cleveland is definetely a high crime city, the suburbs are mostly safe however. I wouldn't go to E78th and St. Clair where my dear grandparents lived now or I would probably be killed because I'm white.
Cleveland is definetely a high crime city, the suburbs are mostly safe however. I wouldn't go to E78th and St. Clair where my dear grandparents lived now or I would probably be killed because I'm white.
There are areas in our wonderful country that even our well armed and trained police won't go without backup. Sad.
-
Cleveland is definetely a high crime city, the suburbs are mostly safe however. I wouldn't go to E78th and St. Clair where my dear grandparents lived now or I would probably be killed because I'm white.
There are areas in our wonderful country that even our well armed and trained police won't go without backup. Sad.
There are areas in our wonderful country that even our well armed and trained police won't go without backup. Sad.
Sherlock Holmes said that he would rather hang around some of the worst slums of London rather than be out into the countryside because he thought crime out there was far worse so maybe it’s the same in this country maybe the cities are safer than the country.
-
There are areas in our wonderful country that even our well armed and trained police won't go without backup. Sad.
Sherlock Holmes said that he would rather hang around some of the worst slums of London rather than be out into the countryside because he thought crime out there was far worse so maybe it’s the same in this country maybe the cities are safer than the country.
Sherlock Holmes said that he would rather hang around some of the worst slums of London rather than be out into the countryside because he thought crime out there was far worse so maybe it’s the same in this country maybe the cities are safer than the country.
The bayous of Louisiana hold a lot of secrets. James Lee Burke is an excellent crime novel writer that brings that to life in his "Dave Robicheaux" books. But the best kept secret is the deep woods of East Texas. Rumor has it that the mafia that operated in Galveston years ago loved to "visit" The Big Thicket" with their former "friends".
-
Sherlock Holmes said that he would rather hang around some of the worst slums of London rather than be out into the countryside because he thought crime out there was far worse so maybe it’s the same in this country maybe the cities are safer than the country.
The bayous of Louisiana hold a lot of secrets. James Lee Burke is an excellent crime novel writer that brings that to life in his "Dave Robicheaux" books. But the best kept secret is the deep woods of East Texas. Rumor has it that the mafia that operated in Galveston years ago loved to "visit" The Big Thicket" with their former "friends".
The bayous of Louisiana hold a lot of secrets. James Lee Burke is an excellent crime novel writer that brings that to life in his "Dave Robicheaux" books. But the best kept secret is the deep woods of East Texas. Rumor has it that the mafia that operated in Galveston years ago loved to "visit" The Big Thicket" with their former "friends".
Yep, been there to the Big Thicket.
-
Well my old favorite Forbes magazine 20 happiest and unhappiest cities in 2019........hello Ohio?
Top 20 Happiest Cities in America https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurabegleybloom/2019/03/12/20-happiest-and-20-unhappiest-cities-in-america/#7a6bad483a70
- Plano, Texas
- Irvine, California
- Madison, Wisconsin
- Fremont, California
- Huntington Beach, California
- Fargo, North Dakota
- Grand Prairie, Texas
- San Jose, California
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- San Francisco, California
- Bismarck, North Dakota
- Overland Park, Kansas
- Santa Rosa, California
- Austin, Texas
- Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Pearl City, Hawaii
- Glendale, California
- San Diego, California
- St. Paul, Minnesota
- Charleston, South Carolina
20 Unhappiest Cities in America
- Detroit, Michigan
- Toledo, Ohio
- Charleston, West Virginia
- Birmingham, Alabama
- Cleveland, Ohio
- Gulfport, Mississippi
- Little Rock, Arkansas
- Huntington, West Virginia
- Newark, New Jersey
- Mobile, Alabama
- Augusta, Georgia
- St. Louis, Missouri
- Fort Smith, Arkansas
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Akron, Ohio
- Fayetteville, North Carolina
- Columbus, Georgia
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Memphis, Tennessee
- Shreveport, Louisiana
Well my old favorite Forbes magazine 20 happiest and unhappiest cities in 2019........hello Ohio?
Top 20 Happiest Cities in America https://www.forbes.com/sites/laurabegleybloom/2019/03/12/20-happiest-and-20-unhappiest-cities-in-america/#7a6bad483a70
- Plano, Texas
- Irvine, California
- Madison, Wisconsin
- Fremont, California
- Huntington Beach, California
- Fargo, North Dakota
- Grand Prairie, Texas
- San Jose, California
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- San Francisco, California
- Bismarck, North Dakota
- Overland Park, Kansas
- Santa Rosa, California
- Austin, Texas
- Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Pearl City, Hawaii
- Glendale, California
- San Diego, California
- St. Paul, Minnesota
- Charleston, South Carolina
20 Unhappiest Cities in America
- Detroit, Michigan
- Toledo, Ohio
- Charleston, West Virginia
- Birmingham, Alabama
- Cleveland, Ohio
- Gulfport, Mississippi
- Little Rock, Arkansas
- Huntington, West Virginia
- Newark, New Jersey
- Mobile, Alabama
- Augusta, Georgia
- St. Louis, Missouri
- Fort Smith, Arkansas
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Akron, Ohio
- Fayetteville, North Carolina
- Columbus, Georgia
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Memphis, Tennessee
- Shreveport, Louisiana
How was happiness or unhappiness measured what did they use a massive mood ring.
-
So who is this baseball Boomhauer? 1 Post?
WSS
-
So who is this baseball Boomhauer? 1 Post?
WSS
So who is this baseball Boomhauer? 1 Post?
WSS
Not sure what you are referring to.
-
So who is this baseball Boomhauer? 1 Post?
WSS
Not sure what you are referring to.
Not sure what you are referring to.
The guy that wrote the second Post in this thread.
Has contributed one post and that's the bitch about Cleveland I'm smelling troll.
WSS
-
Can't argue with what he posted ..
It's old but at the time very relevant. There were 5 Ohio cities on the list in his link from Forbes.
Can't argue with what he posted ..
It's old but at the time very relevant. There were 5 Ohio cities on the list in his link from Forbes.
The hell I can't argue with what he posted. Why on earth would you ever think that bullshit is inarguable?
Again...here are the criteria that the article he posted used:
Our Misery Measure takes into account:
unemployment,
taxes (both sales and income),
commute times,
violent crime
and how its pro sports teams have fared over the past two years. We also factored in two indexes put together by Portland, Ore., researcher Bert Sperling that gauge
weather and
Superfund pollution sites. (Superfund sites are ground pollution issues. Why is not air and water pollution a factor as well?
Lastly we considered corruption based on convictions of public officials in each area as tracked by the Public Integrity Section of the U.S. Department of Justice. (I am trying to figure out how this particular matter has anything to do with overall happiness)
I guess I could go through these all again and demonstrate how Cleveland is NOT anywhere near at the top of these lists than many, many other cities.
If I were to get updated to 2018 data....similar to what I had put on here before, again, I can guarantee that a city like San Diego suffers even worse in all these categories than does Cleveland. Hell...as I said, they had another sports team leave town....where Cleveland had teams in the sports championship finals 5 times in the last 5-6 years.
-
Unemployment for 2019:
https://www.bls.gov/web/metro/laummtrk.htm
Cleveland at 4.7%. About average for all US metro areas.
All of the following had higher:
Danville, IL Metropolitan Statistical Area
4.7 308 Elizabethtown-Fort Knox, KY Metropolitan Statistical Area
4.7 308 New Bern, NC Metropolitan Statistical Area
4.7 308 Waterbury, CT Metropolitan NECTA
4.7 308 Wheeling, WV-OH Metropolitan Statistical Area
4.7 308 Clarksville, TN-KY Metropolitan Statistical Area
4.8 316 Goldsboro, NC Metropolitan Statistical Area
4.8 316 Greensboro-High Point, NC Metropolitan Statistical Area
4.8 316 Las Vegas-Henderson-Paradise, NV Metropolitan Statistical Area
4.8 316 Memphis, TN-MS-AR Metropolitan Statistical Area
4.8 316 Salinas, CA Metropolitan Statistical Area
4.8 316 Scranton--Wilkes-Barre--Hazleton, PA Metropolitan Statistical Area
4.8 316 Baton Rouge, LA Metropolitan Statistical Area
4.9 323 East Stroudsburg, PA Metropolitan Statistical Area
4.9 323 Prescott, AZ Metropolitan Statistical Area
4.9 323 Bay City, MI Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.0 326 Beckley, WV Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.0 326 Decatur, IL Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.0 326 New Orleans-Metairie, LA Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.0 326 Tucson, AZ Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.0 326 Grants Pass, OR Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.1 331 Saginaw, MI Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.1 331 Sebring, FL Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.1 331 Walla Walla, WA Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.1 331 Bremerton-Silverdale, WA Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.2 335 Chico, CA Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.2 335 Greenville, NC Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.2 335 Hattiesburg, MS Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.2 335 Homosassa Springs, FL Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.2 335 Houma-Thibodaux, LA Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.2 335 Lafayette, LA Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.2 335 Parkersburg-Vienna, WV Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.2 335 The Villages, FL Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.2 335 Albuquerque, NM Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.3 344 Jackson, MS Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.3 344 Jacksonville, NC Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.3 344 Johnstown, PA Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.3 344 Kennewick-Richland, WA Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.3 344 Olympia-Tumwater, WA Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.3 344 Rockford, IL Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.3 344 Bellingham, WA Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.4 351 Fairbanks, AK Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.4 351 Flint, MI Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.4 351 Huntington-Ashland, WV-KY-OH Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.4 351 Pine Bluff, AR Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.4 351 Weirton-Steubenville, WV-OH Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.5 356 Beaumont-Port Arthur, TX Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.6 357 Brownsville-Harlingen, TX Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.6 357 Spokane-Spokane Valley, WA Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.6 357 Youngstown-Warren-Boardman, OH-PA Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.6 357 Alexandria, LA Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.7 361 Anchorage, AK Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.7 361 Fayetteville, NC Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.7 361 Shreveport-Bossier City, LA Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.7 361 Monroe, LA Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.8 365 Mount Vernon-Anacortes, WA Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.8 365 Cumberland, MD-WV Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.9 367 Gulfport-Biloxi-Pascagoula, MS Metropolitan Statistical Area
5.9 367 Stockton-Lodi, CA Metropolitan Statistical Area
6.0 369 Flagstaff, AZ Metropolitan Statistical Area
6.1 370 Rocky Mount, NC Metropolitan Statistical Area
6.1 370 Hammond, LA Metropolitan Statistical Area
6.2 372 McAllen-Edinburg-Mission, TX Metropolitan Statistical Area
6.2 372 Yakima, WA Metropolitan Statistical Area
6.2 372 Farmington, NM Metropolitan Statistical Area
6.3 375 Lake Havasu City-Kingman, AZ Metropolitan Statistical Area
6.3 375 Las Cruces, NM Metropolitan Statistical Area
6.3 375 Sierra Vista-Douglas, AZ Metropolitan Statistical Area
6.3 375 Modesto, CA Metropolitan Statistical Area
6.5 379 Longview, WA Metropolitan Statistical Area
6.7 380 Yuba City, CA Metropolitan Statistical Area
6.7 380 Madera, CA Metropolitan Statistical Area
7.0 382 Fresno, CA Metropolitan Statistical Area
7.1 383 Hanford-Corcoran, CA Metropolitan Statistical Area
7.9 384 Bakersfield, CA Metropolitan Statistical Area
8.0 385 Merced, CA Metropolitan Statistical Area
8.1 386 Visalia-Porterville, CA Metropolitan Statistical Area
9.1 387 El Centro, CA Metropolitan Statistical Area
18.6 388 Yuma, AZ Metropolitan Statistical Area
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login