Skip to content

Browns trying to lock up Joe Haden, talked yesterday - so it begins

The Browns Board
68 29 3.1k
  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #28

    I didn't say Dion said he takes plays off, I said that Dion said that Haden falls asleep on lesser wideouts. He's up in AJ Greens face but lets up on lesser wide receivers- which allows them to make plays. Dion knows that Haden has the talent to be the best in the league and he challenged him to get after it next year. Haden will.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #29

    I loved San Diego when I was there, but it's been quite awhile. I'm sure it is much more crowded and expensive then it was when I was there. I hated LA, polluted cess pool of crime and pollution. Northern CA is nice except for SF area.

  • DownSouthKCD DownSouthKC wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @mike-h said:

    I like Joe a lot, I'm not bashing him because I said he didn't have a Top 5 year at his position.

    What 5 were better?

  • skrine is not a #2 corner. that is something we have to address swiftly in the draft......someone with height and speed.

    mike H, all of a sudden you are looking like the biggest hater on this forum. if people don't agree with you, you say they know nothing about football.

    having a major in journalism doesn't make you a genius at anything, except how to write grammatically correct and either state facts or give your opinions.

    sorta like everyone else on this board. you are seriously turning out to be a dick.

    DownSouthKCD DownSouthKC wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @miktoxic said:

    having a major in journalism doesn't make you a genius at anything, except how to write grammatically correct and either state facts or give your opinions.

    sorta like everyone else on this board. you are seriously turning out to be a dick.

    A major in journalism only means you make poor career choices. If you want to write just blog, bro

    On a serious note, you're right Toxic, Skrine is not good and needs to get addressed.

  • bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #32

    I'll say this.

    Joe Haden is a top 10 CB in the league. He's worth keeping long term. I don't think anybody disagrees.

    I appreciate Mike H's point as it's valid. But there's too many factors like time.on field, safety help, etc. that impact him slightly.

    Regardless of anyone's personal dislikes everyone still wants Haden for the long term.

  • I'll say this.

    Joe Haden is a top 10 CB in the league. He's worth keeping long term. I don't think anybody disagrees.

    I appreciate Mike H's point as it's valid. But there's too many factors like time.on field, safety help, etc. that impact him slightly.

    Regardless of anyone's personal dislikes everyone still wants Haden for the long term.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @bbedward said:

    I'll say this.

    Joe Haden is a top 10 CB in the league. He's worth keeping long term. I don't think anybody disagrees.

    I appreciate Mike H's point as it's valid. But there's too many factors like time.on field, safety help, etc. that impact him slightly.

    Regardless of anyone's personal dislikes everyone still wants Haden for the long term.

    agreed.

    but let's also agree that we need another one just like him or better? capiche?

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #34

    Would rather keep Mack if I have a choice. Both of them would be a great day.

    WSS

  • Would rather keep Mack if I have a choice. Both of them would be a great day.

    WSS

    C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @westside-steve said:

    Would rather keep Mack if I have a choice. Both of them would be a great day.

    WSS

    You would keep a center over a young pro bowl CB? Are you nukinfutz

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #36

    Ahem. A pro bowl center.

    Key of the O line.

    WSS

  • @westside-steve said:

    Would rather keep Mack if I have a choice. Both of them would be a great day.

    WSS

    You would keep a center over a young pro bowl CB? Are you nukinfutz

    Nuckin FutzN Nuckin Futz wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @clevelandmilidh said:

    You would keep a center over a young pro bowl CB? Are you nukinfutz

    Gotta agree

  • @westside-steve said:

    Would rather keep Mack if I have a choice. Both of them would be a great day.

    WSS

    You would keep a center over a young pro bowl CB? Are you nukinfutz

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @clevelandmilidh said:

    You would keep a center over a young pro bowl CB? Are you nukinfutz

    No I think he's younger than me....

    WSS

  • Ahem. A pro bowl center.

    Key of the O line.

    WSS

    C CLEVELandMILIDH wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @westside-steve said:

    Ahem. A pro bowl center.

    Key of the O line.

    WSS

    I wouldnt keep a HOF center over Haden. Macks not a very good runblocker against 3-4 nose tackles. I never understood why we never scheme plays for him to pull. He's probably the most athletic center in the league

  • @westside-steve said:

    Ahem. A pro bowl center.

    Key of the O line.

    WSS

    I wouldnt keep a HOF center over Haden. Macks not a very good runblocker against 3-4 nose tackles. I never understood why we never scheme plays for him to pull. He's probably the most athletic center in the league

    Flyin JF Flyin J wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @clevelandmilidh said:

    I wouldnt keep a HOF center over Haden. Macks not a very good runblocker against 3-4 nose tackles. I never understood why we never scheme plays for him to pull. He's probably the most athletic center in the league

    I thought we shoulda tried Mack at LG and Greco at C last year...CBs are far more valuable than Cs. The average salaries prove most all teams agree.
  • TypicalBrownsT TypicalBrowns wrote on last edited by TypicalBrowns
    #41

    Hadens production dipped in the last 1/4 of the season. That Jacksonville burn was painful to watch, there were a few times when we, as fans, hated admitting it but said out loud "that was on Haden"

    Happened quite a lot towards the end, the production of the D in general fell off big time.

    It is not a stretch at all to say that TJ Ward had a better season than Haden. Ward was certainly more consistent

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #42

    Exactly. Haden had a few rough games where he was outplayed. Not just a few plays as some stated.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @mike-h said:

    And for those who say he had no safety help, he was put in those situations BECAUSE he is supposed to be that type of player. You don't get to be called ELITE, and then use that as an excuse. It doesn't work that way.

    Either he plays better and is elite, or he's just another good corner in the crowd.

    probably only because he/the team has no one on the opposite field to rely on, correct?

    if we had a trufant playing opposite of him...........?

    get it? i hope farmer does and makes it our second pick.

  • @mike-h said:

    And for those who say he had no safety help, he was put in those situations BECAUSE he is supposed to be that type of player. You don't get to be called ELITE, and then use that as an excuse. It doesn't work that way.

    Either he plays better and is elite, or he's just another good corner in the crowd.

    probably only because he/the team has no one on the opposite field to rely on, correct?

    if we had a trufant playing opposite of him...........?

    get it? i hope farmer does and makes it our second pick.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @miktoxic said:

    probably only because he/the team has no one on the opposite field to rely on, correct?

    if we had a trufant playing opposite of him...........?

    get it? i hope farmer does and makes it our second pick.

    Dennard, but I don't think he falls to 26.

  • @miktoxic said:

    probably only because he/the team has no one on the opposite field to rely on, correct?

    if we had a trufant playing opposite of him...........?

    get it? i hope farmer does and makes it our second pick.

    Dennard, but I don't think he falls to 26.

    miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @bbedward said:

    Dennard, but I don't think he falls to 26.

    i'd give a 3rd rounder to move up and get him if that's all it takes.......if not there are more out there. just not as good.

  • @bbedward said:

    Dennard, but I don't think he falls to 26.

    i'd give a 3rd rounder to move up and get him if that's all it takes.......if not there are more out there. just not as good.

    bbedwardB bbedward wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @miktoxic said:

    i'd give a 3rd rounder to move up and get him if that's all it takes.......if not there are more out there. just not as good.

    Finally someone who speaks some sense.

    Clowney and Dennard is my dream first round.

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #47

    me too!!

    we should be partners on the 'amazing race' or something just as gay!!

    (for real that first round i might actually think of selling my soul for, if not my ass for a weekend...)

    😉