Skip to content

What is on your grill today.

The Browns Board
54 24 1.6k
  • SuomiS Suomi wrote on last edited by Suomi
    #9

    Steaks today, burgers and hot dogs yesterday. Local craft beer yesterday, Sierra Nevada Torpedo DIPA today.

    Walter and JCam sporting big spreads. I'll be over after my nosh.

  • @jcam222 said:

    We grill zuchinni a lot. One way we like to do it is to split in length wise, scoop out the middle a bit and then fill it with a mixture of diced tomatoes, peppers, onions , drizzled with olive oil and topped with fresh parmesan. Although I am a meat guy its friggin delicious. We also like to cut thick slices of cabbage spray with olive oil and garlic , wrap in foil and grill.

    On the meat front its Bucyrus Bratworks beer brats, filets and a slow roasted BBQ pork butt.

    Good lord that sounds good. Plain old hamburgers for me
    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @comeonman said:

    Good lord that sounds good. Plain old hamburgers for me

    Bro in my opinion nothing on the earth beats a good burger on the grill!!

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #11

    The Mexican Market across the street expanded its butcher section and it is about 1/3 of the grocery store. They just introduced sausages to there counter.. a whole glass section. Mind you I live in long beach where the population is like 40/40 black n Hispanic. 10 percent Asian and the last 10 percent is everone else. I fit in a 10 percent portion. best butcher shop around . fuckers have gotten pricey since the expansion.

  • We grill zuchinni a lot. One way we like to do it is to split in length wise, scoop out the middle a bit and then fill it with a mixture of diced tomatoes, peppers, onions , drizzled with olive oil and topped with fresh parmesan. Although I am a meat guy its friggin delicious. We also like to cut thick slices of cabbage spray with olive oil and garlic , wrap in foil and grill.

    On the meat front its Bucyrus Bratworks beer brats, filets and a slow roasted BBQ pork butt.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #12

    @jcam222 said:

    We grill zuchinni a lot. One way we like to do it is to split in length wise, scoop out the middle a bit and then fill it with a mixture of diced tomatoes, peppers, onions , drizzled with olive oil and topped with fresh parmesan. Although I am a meat guy its friggin delicious. We also like to cut thick slices of cabbage spray with olive oil and garlic , wrap in foil and grill.

    On the meat front its Bucyrus Bratworks beer brats, filets and a slow roasted BBQ pork butt.

    Dude! I'm all over that this week. 😎

  • cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Hillbilly Steaks, hot dogs, hamburgers. Washing it all down with a Sierra Nevada "Summerfest". Lets not forget the reason for this day either. Hold your beers up high for those who gave all.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Hot Dogs,Bratz and Burgers...Did BBQ'd Ribs yesterday...

  • Hillbilly Steaks, hot dogs, hamburgers. Washing it all down with a Sierra Nevada "Summerfest". Lets not forget the reason for this day either. Hold your beers up high for those who gave all.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @cambridgeho said:

    Hillbilly Steaks, hot dogs, hamburgers. Washing it all down with a Sierra Nevada "Summerfest". Lets not forget the reason for this day either. Hold your beers up high for those who gave all.

    Well said. I have to ask, what's a hillbilly steak?

  • @cambridgeho said:

    Hillbilly Steaks, hot dogs, hamburgers. Washing it all down with a Sierra Nevada "Summerfest". Lets not forget the reason for this day either. Hold your beers up high for those who gave all.

    Well said. I have to ask, what's a hillbilly steak?

    cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @d-bone said:

    Well said. I have to ask, what's a hillbilly steak?

    Honestly I do not know, MY father in law worked out of Cincy for CSX railroad and he retired in March, but he would always bring these steaks up from Kentucky. They come 2 in a vacuum sealed pack.They are of a ribeye cut, and about 10oz each. I have tried to find them online to with no luck, I guess its just some local thing down there. They are the best damn steaks though. I have 2 boxes coming to me before I transfer to Virginia.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Angus Burgers, Bacon and Swiss Sausages, Bush's Baked Beans. Smores and marshmallows on the fire.

  • cambridgehoC cambridgeho wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @walterwhite said:

    Do you guys cook on propane or prefer the good hardwood charcoal method?

    Charcoal with apple wood chunks.

  • L LovesJohnnysWood wrote on last edited by
    #19

    I use gas. Mesquite and a bit of Pecan wood.

    I've got a Char-broil Infra-red grill that I really like. It's more like an oven, I suppose.

  • @d-bone said:

    Well said. I have to ask, what's a hillbilly steak?

    Honestly I do not know, MY father in law worked out of Cincy for CSX railroad and he retired in March, but he would always bring these steaks up from Kentucky. They come 2 in a vacuum sealed pack.They are of a ribeye cut, and about 10oz each. I have tried to find them online to with no luck, I guess its just some local thing down there. They are the best damn steaks though. I have 2 boxes coming to me before I transfer to Virginia.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone
    #20

    @cambridgeho said:

    Honestly I do not know, MY father in law worked out of Cincy for CSX railroad and he retired in March, but he would always bring these steaks up from Kentucky. They come 2 in a vacuum sealed pack.They are of a ribeye cut, and about 10oz each. I have tried to find them online to with no luck, I guess its just some local thing down there. They are the best damn steaks though. I have 2 boxes coming to me before I transfer to Virginia.

    Gotcha

    @poeticg said:

    Angus Burgers, Bacon and Swiss Sausages, Bush's Baked Beans. Smores and marshmallows on the fire.

    Bacon and Swiss Sausages .............. Damn good.

    I'm gas here. Just too easy.

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Actually, it's been a busy weekend...

    Saturday, I deep fried 2 turkeys.

    Yesterday, grilled steaks for 10.

    Today was easiest & one of my favorites...Hebrew National dogs on the grill. Just a leisurely day for the Bride & me.

    I use a gas grill mostly, but also the deep fryer for turkeys, etc & my smoker..on that, I use charcoal, soaked hickory chunks, & apple juice in the water pan as I smoke brisket. I make my own sauces & rubs.

    Mike

  • gftChrisG gftChris wrote on last edited by
    #22

    I live in London, in an apartment with no garden and no balcony. Lighting fires of any kind in public parks is generally not allowed. It's currently pissing down, with no prospect of brightening for the rest of the week.

    Sometimes, I really wish I lived in America.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Have some kidney pie and smoke some fags.

  • I live in London, in an apartment with no garden and no balcony. Lighting fires of any kind in public parks is generally not allowed. It's currently pissing down, with no prospect of brightening for the rest of the week.

    Sometimes, I really wish I lived in America.

    L LovesJohnnysWood wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @gftchris said:

    I live in London, in an apartment with no garden and no balcony. Lighting fires of any kind in public parks is generally not allowed. It's currently pissing down, with no prospect of brightening for the rest of the week.

    Sometimes, I really wish I lived in America.

    England eh? Are you aware of this project?

    http://footballosophy.com/

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #25

    Did the grill thing on Friday (pork ribs).

    Monday was the brisket that went into the oven Sunday nite for a low (250 degF) and slow (15 hours) cook. Will continue to enjoy its fall-apart tenderness most of this week.

  • tml1138T tml1138 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    I did no grilling or holiday festivities of any kind. Was installing windows in my house all three days of the weekend. That sucked, but yay I have new windows...on the first floor. Second floor probably this coming weekend...

  • I did no grilling or holiday festivities of any kind. Was installing windows in my house all three days of the weekend. That sucked, but yay I have new windows...on the first floor. Second floor probably this coming weekend...

    LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @tml1138 said:

    I did no grilling or holiday festivities of any kind. Was installing windows in my house all three days of the weekend. That sucked, but yay I have new windows...on the first floor. Second floor probably this coming weekend...

    I was painting my daughters room. LOL damn honey dues.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #28

    Chicken breast with portabella mushrooms, red peppers and onions......but it was not on my grill. I did what most red blooded Americans do: I went out.