Skip to content

What is on your grill today.

The Browns Board
54 24 1.6k
  • We grill zuchinni a lot. One way we like to do it is to split in length wise, scoop out the middle a bit and then fill it with a mixture of diced tomatoes, peppers, onions , drizzled with olive oil and topped with fresh parmesan. Although I am a meat guy its friggin delicious. We also like to cut thick slices of cabbage spray with olive oil and garlic , wrap in foil and grill.

    On the meat front its Bucyrus Bratworks beer brats, filets and a slow roasted BBQ pork butt.

    @jcam222 said:

    We grill zuchinni a lot. One way we like to do it is to split in length wise, scoop out the middle a bit and then fill it with a mixture of diced tomatoes, peppers, onions , drizzled with olive oil and topped with fresh parmesan. Although I am a meat guy its friggin delicious. We also like to cut thick slices of cabbage spray with olive oil and garlic , wrap in foil and grill.

    On the meat front its Bucyrus Bratworks beer brats, filets and a slow roasted BBQ pork butt.

    Dude! I'm all over that this week. 😎

  • Hillbilly Steaks, hot dogs, hamburgers. Washing it all down with a Sierra Nevada "Summerfest". Lets not forget the reason for this day either. Hold your beers up high for those who gave all.

  • Hot Dogs,Bratz and Burgers...Did BBQ'd Ribs yesterday...

  • Hillbilly Steaks, hot dogs, hamburgers. Washing it all down with a Sierra Nevada "Summerfest". Lets not forget the reason for this day either. Hold your beers up high for those who gave all.

    @cambridgeho said:

    Hillbilly Steaks, hot dogs, hamburgers. Washing it all down with a Sierra Nevada "Summerfest". Lets not forget the reason for this day either. Hold your beers up high for those who gave all.

    Well said. I have to ask, what's a hillbilly steak?

  • @cambridgeho said:

    Hillbilly Steaks, hot dogs, hamburgers. Washing it all down with a Sierra Nevada "Summerfest". Lets not forget the reason for this day either. Hold your beers up high for those who gave all.

    Well said. I have to ask, what's a hillbilly steak?

    @d-bone said:

    Well said. I have to ask, what's a hillbilly steak?

    Honestly I do not know, MY father in law worked out of Cincy for CSX railroad and he retired in March, but he would always bring these steaks up from Kentucky. They come 2 in a vacuum sealed pack.They are of a ribeye cut, and about 10oz each. I have tried to find them online to with no luck, I guess its just some local thing down there. They are the best damn steaks though. I have 2 boxes coming to me before I transfer to Virginia.

  • Angus Burgers, Bacon and Swiss Sausages, Bush's Baked Beans. Smores and marshmallows on the fire.

  • @walterwhite said:

    Do you guys cook on propane or prefer the good hardwood charcoal method?

    Charcoal with apple wood chunks.

  • I use gas. Mesquite and a bit of Pecan wood.

    I've got a Char-broil Infra-red grill that I really like. It's more like an oven, I suppose.

  • @d-bone said:

    Well said. I have to ask, what's a hillbilly steak?

    Honestly I do not know, MY father in law worked out of Cincy for CSX railroad and he retired in March, but he would always bring these steaks up from Kentucky. They come 2 in a vacuum sealed pack.They are of a ribeye cut, and about 10oz each. I have tried to find them online to with no luck, I guess its just some local thing down there. They are the best damn steaks though. I have 2 boxes coming to me before I transfer to Virginia.

    @cambridgeho said:

    Honestly I do not know, MY father in law worked out of Cincy for CSX railroad and he retired in March, but he would always bring these steaks up from Kentucky. They come 2 in a vacuum sealed pack.They are of a ribeye cut, and about 10oz each. I have tried to find them online to with no luck, I guess its just some local thing down there. They are the best damn steaks though. I have 2 boxes coming to me before I transfer to Virginia.

    Gotcha

    @poeticg said:

    Angus Burgers, Bacon and Swiss Sausages, Bush's Baked Beans. Smores and marshmallows on the fire.

    Bacon and Swiss Sausages .............. Damn good.

    I'm gas here. Just too easy.

  • Actually, it's been a busy weekend...

    Saturday, I deep fried 2 turkeys.

    Yesterday, grilled steaks for 10.

    Today was easiest & one of my favorites...Hebrew National dogs on the grill. Just a leisurely day for the Bride & me.

    I use a gas grill mostly, but also the deep fryer for turkeys, etc & my smoker..on that, I use charcoal, soaked hickory chunks, & apple juice in the water pan as I smoke brisket. I make my own sauces & rubs.

    Mike

  • I live in London, in an apartment with no garden and no balcony. Lighting fires of any kind in public parks is generally not allowed. It's currently pissing down, with no prospect of brightening for the rest of the week.

    Sometimes, I really wish I lived in America.

  • Have some kidney pie and smoke some fags.

  • I live in London, in an apartment with no garden and no balcony. Lighting fires of any kind in public parks is generally not allowed. It's currently pissing down, with no prospect of brightening for the rest of the week.

    Sometimes, I really wish I lived in America.

    @gftchris said:

    I live in London, in an apartment with no garden and no balcony. Lighting fires of any kind in public parks is generally not allowed. It's currently pissing down, with no prospect of brightening for the rest of the week.

    Sometimes, I really wish I lived in America.

    England eh? Are you aware of this project?

    http://footballosophy.com/

  • Did the grill thing on Friday (pork ribs).

    Monday was the brisket that went into the oven Sunday nite for a low (250 degF) and slow (15 hours) cook. Will continue to enjoy its fall-apart tenderness most of this week.

  • I did no grilling or holiday festivities of any kind. Was installing windows in my house all three days of the weekend. That sucked, but yay I have new windows...on the first floor. Second floor probably this coming weekend...

  • I did no grilling or holiday festivities of any kind. Was installing windows in my house all three days of the weekend. That sucked, but yay I have new windows...on the first floor. Second floor probably this coming weekend...

    @tml1138 said:

    I did no grilling or holiday festivities of any kind. Was installing windows in my house all three days of the weekend. That sucked, but yay I have new windows...on the first floor. Second floor probably this coming weekend...

    I was painting my daughters room. LOL damn honey dues.

  • Chicken breast with portabella mushrooms, red peppers and onions......but it was not on my grill. I did what most red blooded Americans do: I went out.

  • @gftchris said:

    I live in London, in an apartment with no garden and no balcony. Lighting fires of any kind in public parks is generally not allowed. It's currently pissing down, with no prospect of brightening for the rest of the week.

    Sometimes, I really wish I lived in America.

    England eh? Are you aware of this project?

    http://footballosophy.com/

    TyperWoods said:

    England eh? Are you aware of this project?

    http://footballosophy.com/

    Not aware of it, nope.

    @tml1138 said:

    I did no grilling or holiday festivities of any kind. Was installing windows in my house all three days of the weekend. That sucked, but yay I have new windows...on the first floor. Second floor probably this coming weekend...

    Three days to install windows? I suggest Linux, much faster...I'll get my coat.

  • Chicken Thighs and legs

  • I did no grilling or holiday festivities of any kind. Was installing windows in my house all three days of the weekend. That sucked, but yay I have new windows...on the first floor. Second floor probably this coming weekend...

    @tml1138 said:

    I did no grilling or holiday festivities of any kind. Was installing windows in my house all three days of the weekend. That sucked, but yay I have new windows...on the first floor. Second floor probably this coming weekend...

    Hoorta- it's always steaks- NY strip preferably. I can get dry aged top choice from http://thepineclub.com/ for home cooking. Weber grill- gas- blast furnace heat. Only way to cook 'em. in case you're wondering - the Pine Club's grill is 90,000 BTU- top heat- enough to heat a fair sized house. But IMO Ruth Chris' taking it to 1,200 degrees is over the top.