Hoyer
-
True, its Johnnys show the rest of the year. Just like most people, after the Colts game i was ready to see what jf could do. He has a long long way to go. Give him the Romo treatment and he might be OK. I think the Browns would be doin a disservice to themselves if they didnt resign Brian to a mid level contract and get serious about hiring a good QB coach and go from there.
If Brian wants to walk, nothin they can do about that but i bet he wont want his cleveland legacy to end like this. I bet he'd re sign. Just my .02
True, its Johnnys show the rest of the year. Just like most people, after the Colts game i was ready to see what jf could do. He has a long long way to go. Give him the Romo treatment and he might be OK. I think the Browns would be doin a disservice to themselves if they didnt resign Brian to a mid level contract and get serious about hiring a good QB coach and go from there.
If Brian wants to walk, nothin they can do about that but i bet he wont want his cleveland legacy to end like this. I bet he'd re sign. Just my .02
Why not really, guy who knows the system, won't cost much, and has been effective.
He may prefer to leave if he has a better chance to start somewhere else though.
-
Right on.
So, l know you're all about the QB position, l get that. But what did you think about the rest of the team's performance behind him?
I saw a bunch of guys going through the motions. If they won't put it on the line, it really doesn't matter who the QB is.
Would you agree?
Of course....the performance of the team has been up and down from game to game all year.
I think we have a long way to go as a team. But stability at the qb position, which we have now, is one plus at least.
.Of course....the performance of the team has been up and down from game to game all year.
I think we have a long way to go as a team. But stability at the qb position, which we have now, is one plus at least.
You think what we saw today was "stability at the QB position?"
Come on Stock. You know better than that. The rest of the team has to be able to be led by the guy. Did you see that?
-
True, its Johnnys show the rest of the year. Just like most people, after the Colts game i was ready to see what jf could do. He has a long long way to go. Give him the Romo treatment and he might be OK. I think the Browns would be doin a disservice to themselves if they didnt resign Brian to a mid level contract and get serious about hiring a good QB coach and go from there.
If Brian wants to walk, nothin they can do about that but i bet he wont want his cleveland legacy to end like this. I bet he'd re sign. Just my .02
Why not really, guy who knows the system, won't cost much, and has been effective.
He may prefer to leave if he has a better chance to start somewhere else though.
Why not really, guy who knows the system, won't cost much, and has been effective.
He may prefer to leave if he has a better chance to start somewhere else though.
When you look at how much cap space we will have going into the offseason, hoyer will cost a lot.
I bet hoyer gets at least 6.5 mill from someone next year. Maybe a decent amt more. He will get more than Kyle orton did this offseason I bet.
We aren't good enough to tie up that sort of cap money when there are other things we could spend it on
-
.Of course....the performance of the team has been up and down from game to game all year.
I think we have a long way to go as a team. But stability at the qb position, which we have now, is one plus at least.
You think what we saw today was "stability at the QB position?"
Come on Stock. You know better than that. The rest of the team has to be able to be led by the guy. Did you see that?
.
You think what we saw today was "stability at the QB position?"
Come on Stock. You know better than that. The rest of the team has to be able to be led by the guy. Did you see that?
What we saw today was not a good game by our qb. A bad game from a position which is now stable though.
-
A lot of fans want instant gratification. They don't want to be patient.
It's hilarious to see fans in an Internet forum set THEIR timetable for Johnny to get better....'or else'. Or else what? You might stop watching the games? Stop posting on browns board? Oh the horror....
These next two games mean VERY LITTLE for Johnny. I expect him to use them to continue it improve with in game experience, but they certainly don't affect his status as the starter heading into next year in any way.
A lot of fans want instant gratification. They don't want to be patient.
It's hilarious to see fans in an Internet forum set THEIR timetable for Johnny to get better....'or else'. Or else what? You might stop watching the games? Stop posting on browns board? Oh the horror....
These next two games mean VERY LITTLE for Johnny. I expect him to use them to continue it improve with in game experience, but they certainly don't affect his status as the starter heading into next year in any way.
Shut ... the fuck ... up.
Zombo
-
Why not really, guy who knows the system, won't cost much, and has been effective.
He may prefer to leave if he has a better chance to start somewhere else though.
When you look at how much cap space we will have going into the offseason, hoyer will cost a lot.
I bet hoyer gets at least 6.5 mill from someone next year. Maybe a decent amt more. He will get more than Kyle orton did this offseason I bet.
We aren't good enough to tie up that sort of cap money when there are other things we could spend it on
When you look at how much cap space we will have going into the offseason, hoyer will cost a lot.
I bet hoyer gets at least 6.5 mill from someone next year. Maybe a decent amt more. He will get more than Kyle orton did this offseason I bet.
We aren't good enough to tie up that sort of cap money when there are other things we could spend it on
We have plenty of cap space available for a decent QB, wont hurt at all......
-
Ok, first off, I was happy when Cleveland drafted Manziel even knowing we had Hoyer coming back from injury and he was still an unknown. I really liked jf's big play potential and excitability. In watching Hoyer last year for the few games before he got injured, I was really excited and intrigued. From what I saw, he just had that IT factor, intangibles that you want to see in your QB. He was a gamer, I could see it plain as day. I was really hopeful in what he could do this year as the starter.
We all know how this years gone already, ups downs and then really down. Alot of people have written Hoyer off already and labeled him a backup, and maybe he is just that. I still think he's that gamer QB though. If you look at Brians bad games and bad throws, to me it all leads back to bad mechanics and bad habits, and that shit is all coachable.(Plus toward the end I think he was feelin the heat and pressing too much) The intangible shit and gamer mentality is not and he's got it. We've all seen it and if you havent than id suggest watching his 2 starts last year, or the 2nd half of week 1 game against Shitsburgh or the Baltiwhore game, or the Shitsburgh annihilation, Atlanta game, or just the Tennessee game which resulted in the LARGEST COME FROM BEHIND VICTORY IN CLEVELAND BROWNS HISTORY!! Oh shit, and it was also THE LARGEST COME FROM BEHIND VICTORY IN THE NFL EVER!!! EVER!!!
Look, im not sayin that Brian can be the best QB of all time or anything like that, but do i see a QB that has some deficiencies that need work and if corrected and improved can be a solid above average QB for this franchise for the next decade? Make a few playoffs?(if andy dalton can, i have to beleive BH can) Possibly go to/win a SB??
Fuck yeah I do! Am i the only one who thinks this is a real possibility??
From what I saw, (Hoyer) just had that IT factor, intangibles that you want to see in your QB. He was a gamer, I could see it plain as day. I was really hopeful in what he could do this year as the starter.
Look, im not sayin that Brian can be the best QB of all time or anything like that, but do i see a QB that has some deficiencies that need work and if corrected and improved can be a solid above average QB for this franchise for the next decade? Make a few playoffs?(if andy dalton can, i have to beleive BH can) Possibly go to/win a SB??
Fuck yeah I do! Am i the only one who thinks this is a real possibility??
We disagree on Manziel, but agree on Hoyer. Issue is not his ceiling, it was high enough if all that is needed is a complementary, game-manager QB. But through injury that ceased to be enough.
Then issues arose with sustained performance at a level anywhere near his ceiling. What combination of physical and mental wear produced this? I haven't a clue.
In the right team circumstance, yes, Hoyer could lead a team deep into the playoffs. I'm not sure those circumstances exists in CLE any longer.
Just gotta hope he gets better.
Hope is not a plan.
But the fine print here. I don't know shit about shit, all l know is what l think l know until l'm told otherwise. I saw an entire team play their guts out last week, and l saw that same team going through the motions today.
Am l wrong? Please somebody set me straight.
And Taco, l've had about enough of you. All l want is a goddamn taco from you. Put out or get out bitch.
Waitaminnute... Stockton?
First, no way Taco is Stockton... for all his faults (and there were many), Stockton came across as being much more intelligent than Taco. Besides Stockton told us often that he was not a Manziel fan; that he had no idea whether JM would succeed or fail.
If I'm wrong, then Taco's use of "then" and "than" will sort it out soon enough.
Next, the lack of inspiration was notable Sunday. My feeling is that the team was waiting for JM to provide a spark on the field that never came.
The game's only spark came from Robertson's INT. It produced a sustained, flag-fest of a drive that ended in a grotesque INT. After that it was over.
-
So hope is no longer a plan.
Well then. ..
WSS
-
So hope is no longer a plan.
Well then. ..
WSS
So hope is no longer a plan.
Well then. ..
WSS
When hope fails you, theres always plan B.
Pray
Both are good plans when it's all you got..
-
You are a presumptuous fucking asshole. Your Aggie Manziel loving ass knows nothing about Browns fans and patience. You sign up today as you said because Manziel was starting and try to tell us about patience as Browns fans? Screw you. Your posts are littered with your arrogant bullshit. If you think his performance in the next two games have no impact on next years draft you are even dumber than your posts.
Look I'm not going to stoop to your level....I know you are trying to bait me into it, but I'd just rather not.
Manziel is the guy, and as a highly regarded first round draft pick he's going to get awhile. Let's come together to root for him together.
Look I'm not going to stoop to your level....I know you are trying to bait me into it, but I'd just rather not.
Manziel is the guy, and as a highly regarded first round draft pick he's going to get awhile. Let's come together to root for him together.
Listen I am not trying to bait you into anything. Your posts have been BELOW my level from the first one on. As far as being a highly regarded first round pick that is also pretty debatable. There is a good chance he would have made it into the 2nd round if we hadn't drafted him. There are plenty of QB "experts" with more football smarts than you or I who do not believe he is that good. yes I realize there are those that do as well. Bottom line is if you want to preach your Manziel mantra that's fine. You however have no right to come in here and talk about Browns fans not having patience. In addition position what you post as your personal feeling and conjecture as opposed to acting like its fact and you are an insider. I WAS rooting for him until I saw a game from him that showed he was clearly ill prepared and completely out of his league. I also believe the reports of him not taking preparation seriously until this week. When the guy steps on the field and makes it appear as though he prepared and at least has some NFL potential I will root for him personally. In the meantime I will root for the team as a whole like I always do.
-
I believe had he received support without every fool in Ohio breathing down his neck he'd have had us at 10-6 by the season's end.
Sometimes a pronoun doesn't cut it...
I think we have a long way to go as a team. But stability at the qb position, which we have now, is one plus at least.
Told y'all this one was not as bright as StockBoy.
He may prefer to leave if he has a better chance to start somewhere else though.
I believe he is a man of his word, so that would be the case.
That said his odds of starting in CLE next year did get a boost recently.
-
.
You think what we saw today was "stability at the QB position?"
Come on Stock. You know better than that. The rest of the team has to be able to be led by the guy. Did you see that?
What we saw today was not a good game by our qb. A bad game from a position which is now stable though.
-
First round next year will be DL&LB. Second round will be OL.
We already have next yr's backup on the roster: Connor Shaw.
If JF sucks, it's Connor Cook time in 2016.
-
So hope is no longer a plan.
Well then. ..
WSS
So hope is no longer a plan.
Forgot to ask, "Is it ever?"
-
So hope is no longer a plan.
Forgot to ask, "Is it ever?"
-
Hi, I'm Jimmy Hasbeen, owner of the Browns, and I like to rebuild every 6 months!
-
Hi, I'm Jimmy Hasbeen, owner of the Browns, and I like to rebuild every 6 months!
Hi, I'm Jimmy Hasbeen, owner of the Browns, and I like to rebuild every 6 months!
And that might be one of the rare times I've been okay with the quick trigger. From what I've heard Joe Banner and Mike Lombardi duo was forced on the Browns by the league.
I think either by luck or by forethought Jimmy made a good decision with the coach and front office.
WSS
-
Hi, I'm Jimmy Hasbeen, owner of the Browns, and I like to rebuild every 6 months!
And that might be one of the rare times I've been okay with the quick trigger. From what I've heard Joe Banner and Mike Lombardi duo was forced on the Browns by the league.
I think either by luck or by forethought Jimmy made a good decision with the coach and front office.
WSS
And that might be one of the rare times I've been okay with the quick trigger. From what I've heard Joe Banner and Mike Lombardi duo was forced on the Browns by the league.
I think either by luck or by forethought Jimmy made a good decision with the coach and front office.
WSS
Not at all. That was Haslam's error from day one. He hired Banner knowing full well that eventually Lombardi would be brought on board. Him getting rid of both - let's just say Cleveland fans owe thanks to Peyton Manning.
-
Yes it certainly should be.
And, IMO, I think it could be a better plan than burning everything down and rebuilding every season or two.
I'd say "hope" is the worst plan in the world... if it qualified as a plan.
But if it was a plan, then it might be second only to the annual burn-down in a list of worsts. Of course, when you are repeatedly burning down an org, it is usually followed by hoping you do better this next time.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login