Skip to content

Hoyer

The Browns Board
114 32 4.1k
  • @ibleedbrown said:

    .

    You think what we saw today was "stability at the QB position?"

    Come on Stock. You know better than that. The rest of the team has to be able to be led by the guy. Did you see that?

    What we saw today was not a good game by our qb. A bad game from a position which is now stable though.

    @tacosman said:

    What we saw today was not a good game by our qb. A bad game from a position which is now stable though.

    You either need to take your meds or you are a straight up troll , maybe both.
  • First round next year will be DL&LB. Second round will be OL.

    We already have next yr's backup on the roster: Connor Shaw.

    If JF sucks, it's Connor Cook time in 2016.

  • So hope is no longer a plan.

    Well then. ..

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    So hope is no longer a plan.

    Forgot to ask, "Is it ever?"

  • @westside-steve said:

    So hope is no longer a plan.

    Forgot to ask, "Is it ever?"

    @tour2ma said:

    Forgot to ask, "Is it ever?"

    Yes it certainly should be.

    And, IMO, I think it could be a better plan than burning everything down and rebuilding every season or two.

    WSS

  • Hi, I'm Jimmy Hasbeen, owner of the Browns, and I like to rebuild every 6 months!

  • Hi, I'm Jimmy Hasbeen, owner of the Browns, and I like to rebuild every 6 months!

    @berniedenslow said:

    Hi, I'm Jimmy Hasbeen, owner of the Browns, and I like to rebuild every 6 months!

    And that might be one of the rare times I've been okay with the quick trigger. From what I've heard Joe Banner and Mike Lombardi duo was forced on the Browns by the league.

    I think either by luck or by forethought Jimmy made a good decision with the coach and front office.

    WSS

  • @berniedenslow said:

    Hi, I'm Jimmy Hasbeen, owner of the Browns, and I like to rebuild every 6 months!

    And that might be one of the rare times I've been okay with the quick trigger. From what I've heard Joe Banner and Mike Lombardi duo was forced on the Browns by the league.

    I think either by luck or by forethought Jimmy made a good decision with the coach and front office.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    And that might be one of the rare times I've been okay with the quick trigger. From what I've heard Joe Banner and Mike Lombardi duo was forced on the Browns by the league.

    I think either by luck or by forethought Jimmy made a good decision with the coach and front office.

    WSS

    Not at all. That was Haslam's error from day one. He hired Banner knowing full well that eventually Lombardi would be brought on board. Him getting rid of both - let's just say Cleveland fans owe thanks to Peyton Manning.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Forgot to ask, "Is it ever?"

    Yes it certainly should be.

    And, IMO, I think it could be a better plan than burning everything down and rebuilding every season or two.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Yes it certainly should be.

    And, IMO, I think it could be a better plan than burning everything down and rebuilding every season or two.

    I'd say "hope" is the worst plan in the world... if it qualified as a plan.

    But if it was a plan, then it might be second only to the annual burn-down in a list of worsts. Of course, when you are repeatedly burning down an org, it is usually followed by hoping you do better this next time.

  • @berniedenslow said:

    Hi, I'm Jimmy Hasbeen, owner of the Browns, and I like to rebuild every 6 months!

    And that might be one of the rare times I've been okay with the quick trigger. From what I've heard Joe Banner and Mike Lombardi duo was forced on the Browns by the league.

    I think either by luck or by forethought Jimmy made a good decision with the coach and front office.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    And that might be one of the rare times I've been okay with the quick trigger. From what I've heard Joe Banner and Mike Lombardi duo was forced on the Browns by the league.

    I think either by luck or by forethought Jimmy made a good decision with the coach and front office.

    Yes, forced and, yes, a great call by Jimmy to flush the pair of them.

    However, I would not attribute his decision to luck or forethought. While I think he liked neither the arm's length they imposed nor the decisions they made, e.g., Chud, I believe at the core of his reorg decision was a CEO's hatred of a padded Org Chart.

    Clear lines of authority and responsibility are a CEO's wet dream. Banner and Lombo muddied up the lines.

    Also did not hurt that he likely saw talent in Farmer and Pet.

    Just my $0.02.

  • Hi, I'm Jimmy Hasbeen, owner of the Browns, and I like to rebuild every 6 months!

    @berniedenslow said:

    Hi, I'm Jimmy Hasbeen, owner of the Browns, and I like to rebuild every 6 months!

    The sad thing is based on the content of your posting you probably do believe you're him. Who do you think you are after you take your meds?
  • Just one thing.....................can ANYBODY remember a more [fill in the blank] thread title on this board.

    My top 3 [fill in the blanks], in no particular order:

    Nerdiest

    Pathetic

    Sophomoric

  • Just one thing.....................can ANYBODY remember a more [fill in the blank] thread title on this board.

    My top 3 [fill in the blanks], in no particular order:

    Nerdiest

    Pathetic

    Sophomoric

    @chicopee-john said:

    Just one thing.....................can ANYBODY remember a more [fill in the blank] thread title on this board.

    Nerdiest

    more nerdiest?

  • Just one thing.....................can ANYBODY remember a more [fill in the blank] thread title on this board.

    My top 3 [fill in the blanks], in no particular order:

    Nerdiest

    Pathetic

    Sophomoric

    @chicopee-john said:

    Just one thing.....................can ANYBODY remember a more [fill in the blank] thread title on this board.

    My top 3 [fill in the blanks], in no particular order:

    Nerdiest

    Pathetic

    Sophomoric

    I'd add 'Gay'

  • Just one thing.....................can ANYBODY remember a more [fill in the blank] thread title on this board.

    My top 3 [fill in the blanks], in no particular order:

    Nerdiest

    Pathetic

    Sophomoric

    When the gaying gets tough, the forum turns to DieHard...

    @chicopee-john said:

    Just one thing.....................can ANYBODY remember a more [fill in the blank] thread title on this board.

    loyal

    heartfelt

  • Just one thing.....................can ANYBODY remember a more [fill in the blank] thread title on this board.

    My top 3 [fill in the blanks], in no particular order:

    Nerdiest

    Pathetic

    Sophomoric

    @chicopee-john said:

    Just one thing.....................can ANYBODY remember a more [fill in the blank] thread title on this board.

    My top 3 [fill in the blanks], in no particular order:

    Nerdiest

    Pathetic

    Sophomoric

    Dont see any problem with it at all, nothin but the truth is all. Tired of just blowing through qb's year after year. This year we had pretty decent QB play, but instead of sticking with him and putting in the time and effort to help him get better, just toss em aside and move on to the next sacrificial lamb for Cleveland. Only this time the sacrifice will be televised coast to coast.

  • It used to be they developed a quarterback. Not anymore! If Bradshaw was coming out today, good luck! Teams won't wait to develop a guy. And there aren't many Andrew Lucks' graduating anytime soon. Say goodbye to; Geno Smith, EJ Manuel, Christian Ponder, Jake Locker and pretty soon Colin Kaepernick.

  • It used to be they developed a quarterback. Not anymore! If Bradshaw was coming out today, good luck! Teams won't wait to develop a guy. And there aren't many Andrew Lucks' graduating anytime soon. Say goodbye to; Geno Smith, EJ Manuel, Christian Ponder, Jake Locker and pretty soon Colin Kaepernick.

    @opal312 said:

    It used to be they developed a quarterback. Not anymore! If Bradshaw was coming out today, good luck! Teams won't wait to develop a guy. And there aren't many Andrew Lucks' graduating anytime soon. Say goodbye to; Geno Smith, EJ Manuel, Christian Ponder, Jake Locker and pretty soon Colin Kaepernick.

    Yep pretty much, everyone has to have instant gratification and instant returns. Life isnt made in a microwave. I think the media is ruining it all.

  • @opal312 said:

    It used to be they developed a quarterback. Not anymore! If Bradshaw was coming out today, good luck! Teams won't wait to develop a guy. And there aren't many Andrew Lucks' graduating anytime soon. Say goodbye to; Geno Smith, EJ Manuel, Christian Ponder, Jake Locker and pretty soon Colin Kaepernick.

    Yep pretty much, everyone has to have instant gratification and instant returns. Life isnt made in a microwave. I think the media is ruining it all.

    @slimdawg said:

    Yep pretty much, everyone has to have instant gratification and instant returns. Life isnt made in a microwave. I think the media is ruining it all.

    Microwave.

    You ever put metal in it? It catches fire!

    Metal!

  • When the gaying gets tough, the forum turns to DieHard...

    @chicopee-john said:

    Just one thing.....................can ANYBODY remember a more [fill in the blank] thread title on this board.

    loyal

    heartfelt

    @tour2ma said:

    When the gaying gets tough, the forum turns to DieHard...

    loyal

    heartfelt

    Go study some more film grandpa. A comedian you ain't.