Skip to content

# 12 and # 19

The Browns Board
64 35 3.5k
  • Until we can settle on which horrible QB this franchise going to keep... I say

    Best OL @ 12

    Trade out for more players @ 19 ... regime building time. Finally.

    7-9 is an improvement, despite tanking the last 5 games...this team wasnt a playoff team, not even close. Until we build depth and "find our QB"--- i beleive we will stay in this 6/7 win malaise (with sprinkle of embarrasment- ie Bungle game 2)

    Ownership is OK, kind of a rocky start for Jimmy...but as things calmed down for him and his other problems---he seems to be on the right track---love what he said today...he mentioned the fans and is disqusted with our rookies.

    GM/Coaching looks good...dont think Farmer had anything to do with johhny football---his other moves seem good...Gilbert is going to come around, the additions to our D is fine. If we are to pull the trigger on another QB in the draft, I hope its all Farmer. Coach Petine is cool calm and collected...eventually he will be a winner.

    Bermeck (despite the Johhny flop, last off season was a building block...lets keep building - instead of tearing down)

  • We need a NT big time too. I agree with the first pick but the second should be the D line. Unless of course you liked seeing them run on like a runaway train

  • If you do not even have a single name to offer, "Best OL @ 12" is not a plan.

    Until underclassmen decide on early entry, it's just too early to discuss draft and trades and...

    Needs and FAs? Fine, but not draft... not yet...

  • If we're losing Taylor and Rubin for sure than yeah the 1st pick has to be a DT/NT....unless Pettine and Oneil decide that maybe more 4-3 looks are the way to go than maybe a DE? We'll probably be losing Sheard and converting Kruger to DE is probably the best thing that could happen to him.

  • I believe I heard the NFL Cap is going up for all teams in 2015. This I think will help teams to keep players like Sheard and Cameron. We will take upgrades at any position at this point though..

  • D LINE

    D LINE

    D LINE

  • If we're losing Taylor and Rubin for sure than yeah the 1st pick has to be a DT/NT....unless Pettine and Oneil decide that maybe more 4-3 looks are the way to go than maybe a DE? We'll probably be losing Sheard and converting Kruger to DE is probably the best thing that could happen to him.

    @clevfan4life said:

    If we're losing Taylor and Rubin for sure than yeah the 1st pick has to be a DT/NT....unless Pettine and Oneil decide that maybe more 4-3 looks are the way to go than maybe a DE? We'll probably be losing Sheard and converting Kruger to DE is probably the best thing that could happen to him.

    Why would we lose Taylor?

    Either way, I think Rubin can walk and we need to use a 1st pick on a DT/NT... Free Agency pending

    @bermeck08 said:

    Until we can settle on which horrible QB this franchise going to keep... I say

    Best OL @ 12

    Trade out for more players @ 19 ... regime building time. Finally.

    Who exactly on our O-line is so terrible that we NEED to use a 1st round pick to replace them??

    I'm all for using picks on the o-line for depth, but really what is so bad with our starting line once Mack returns?

  • @clevfan4life said:

    If we're losing Taylor and Rubin for sure than yeah the 1st pick has to be a DT/NT....unless Pettine and Oneil decide that maybe more 4-3 looks are the way to go than maybe a DE? We'll probably be losing Sheard and converting Kruger to DE is probably the best thing that could happen to him.

    Why would we lose Taylor?

    Either way, I think Rubin can walk and we need to use a 1st pick on a DT/NT... Free Agency pending

    @bermeck08 said:

    Until we can settle on which horrible QB this franchise going to keep... I say

    Best OL @ 12

    Trade out for more players @ 19 ... regime building time. Finally.

    Who exactly on our O-line is so terrible that we NEED to use a 1st round pick to replace them??

    I'm all for using picks on the o-line for depth, but really what is so bad with our starting line once Mack returns?

    @thenew23 said:

    Why would we lose Taylor?

    Either way, I think Rubin can walk and we need to use a 1st pick on a DT/NT... Free Agency pending

    Who exactly on our O-line is so terrible that we NEED to use a 1st round pick to replace them??

    I'm all for using picks on the o-line for depth, but really what is so bad with our starting line once Mack returns?

    I agree, actually. I'd be going DL/OLB, as it stands, without FA being even thought about yet. Pick up an OT/OG like Bitonio who can play/cover both positions, dump McQuistan who was supposed to be that guy this year, and go from there.

  • A ton of talent on the Dline coming out this year. A great fit to begin addressing the needs of this team.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    If we're losing Taylor and Rubin for sure than yeah the 1st pick has to be a DT/NT....unless Pettine and Oneil decide that maybe more 4-3 looks are the way to go than maybe a DE? We'll probably be losing Sheard and converting Kruger to DE is probably the best thing that could happen to him.

    Why would we lose Taylor?

    Either way, I think Rubin can walk and we need to use a 1st pick on a DT/NT... Free Agency pending

    @bermeck08 said:

    Until we can settle on which horrible QB this franchise going to keep... I say

    Best OL @ 12

    Trade out for more players @ 19 ... regime building time. Finally.

    Who exactly on our O-line is so terrible that we NEED to use a 1st round pick to replace them??

    I'm all for using picks on the o-line for depth, but really what is so bad with our starting line once Mack returns?

    @thenew23 said:

    Why would we lose Taylor?

    Either way, I think Rubin can walk and we need to use a 1st pick on a DT/NT... Free Agency pending

    Who exactly on our O-line is so terrible that we NEED to use a 1st round pick to replace them??

    I'm all for using picks on the o-line for depth, but really what is so bad with our starting line once Mack returns?

    I agree. I think our O line is fine. Obviously it needs depth but no need to burn

    a first or even second round pick here.There are so many other holes that need

    filled.QB is the glaring weakness on this team as it always is. Putting that aside

    you need a run stopper and a pass rusher on the D line and a WR.We may as well

    try to make a dominant defense as we can't seem to find even an average QB.

  • I do not understand the thinking of D-line over O-line...

    It took only one injury to decimate our O-line. It took three to diminish our D-line.

    @texasag1969 said:

    For Tour: Tracking to Jan 15 Deadline.

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000441570/article/tracking-underclassmen-intentions-for-2015-nfl-draft

    Thank you, my Ag-ish friend... some talent declaring, more deciding.

    One thing I just learned was this whole "draft grade request process"... did not know it existed until now.

  • Both of these picks are no brainers if available. Devante Parker at 12 and Eddie Goldman at 19. O line will come after.

  • IMO there is almost zero chance of Farmer drafting a WR in the first round.

  • Until we can settle on which horrible QB this franchise going to keep... I say

    Best OL @ 12

    Trade out for more players @ 19 ... regime building time. Finally.

    7-9 is an improvement, despite tanking the last 5 games...this team wasnt a playoff team, not even close. Until we build depth and "find our QB"--- i beleive we will stay in this 6/7 win malaise (with sprinkle of embarrasment- ie Bungle game 2)

    Ownership is OK, kind of a rocky start for Jimmy...but as things calmed down for him and his other problems---he seems to be on the right track---love what he said today...he mentioned the fans and is disqusted with our rookies.

    GM/Coaching looks good...dont think Farmer had anything to do with johhny football---his other moves seem good...Gilbert is going to come around, the additions to our D is fine. If we are to pull the trigger on another QB in the draft, I hope its all Farmer. Coach Petine is cool calm and collected...eventually he will be a winner.

    Bermeck (despite the Johhny flop, last off season was a building block...lets keep building - instead of tearing down)

    @bermeck08 said:

    Until we can settle on which horrible QB this franchise going to keep... I say

    Best OL @ 12

    Trade out for more players @ 19 ... regime building time. Finally.

    7-9 is an improvement, despite tanking the last 5 games...this team wasnt a playoff team, not even close. Until we build depth and "find our QB"--- i beleive we will stay in this 6/7 win malaise (with sprinkle of embarrasment- ie Bungle game 2)

    Wasn't a playoff team? We were 6-3 and in 1st place. Couldn't finish the deal- QB play and injuries compromised our depth.

    We aren't that far away. A solid RT, better QB play (I know, elusive for the Browns), and a reliable WR that is a bigger target would right the ship. The AFC North is tough, but the Browns held their own in every game except the 2nd Cincy game.

  • IMHO, immediate help at WR is not coming through the draft. That will be a FA/trade issue & an extremely important one. We need VETERAN WRs who already CAN run solid routes & make the tough catches. Who knows what may happen?

    Mike

  • The two lines need talent. The O-Line is especially in need of talent.

  • As mentioned earlier, the underclassmen haven't all declared yet, so I won't be specific, but IMHO DL-#12,WR-#19. Off Topic, you guys see that Fournette kid from LSU, He's a beast.

  • As mentioned earlier, the underclassmen haven't all declared yet, so I won't be specific, but IMHO DL-#12,WR-#19. Off Topic, you guys see that Fournette kid from LSU, He's a beast.

    @5150k9 said:

    As mentioned earlier, the underclassmen haven't all declared yet, so I won't be specific, but IMHO DL-#12,WR-#19. Off Topic, you guys see that Fournette kid from LSU, He's a beast.

    I'll stay with the off topic part. Fournette is real good, but he's no Nick Chubb.

  • @5150k9 said:

    As mentioned earlier, the underclassmen haven't all declared yet, so I won't be specific, but IMHO DL-#12,WR-#19. Off Topic, you guys see that Fournette kid from LSU, He's a beast.

    I'll stay with the off topic part. Fournette is real good, but he's no Nick Chubb.

    @hunt-daddy said:

    I'll stay with the off topic part. Fournette is real good, but he's no Nick Chubb.

    I would take either , haven't watched much Georgia, was Gurley better?