Skip to content

Browns 2015 Dream Draft

The Browns Board
35 11 1.3k
  • 12th Pick : Malcom Brown, DT Texas

    19th Pick : Eli Harold, OLB Virginia

    43rd Pick : Jake Fisher, OT Oregon

    77th Pick : Paul Dawson, ILB TCU

    111th Pick : Nick O'Leary, TE Florida State

    115th Pick : BJ Finney, C Kansas State

    147th Pick : Dezmin Lewis, WR Central Arkansas

    188th Pick : Adrian Amos, S Penn State

    201th Pick : Bryan Bennett, QB Southeastern Louisiana

    229th Pick : Terry Williams, DT East Carolina

    I would pay for this

  • 12th Pick : Malcom Brown, DT Texas

    19th Pick : Eli Harold, OLB Virginia

    43rd Pick : Jake Fisher, OT Oregon

    77th Pick : Paul Dawson, ILB TCU

    111th Pick : Nick O'Leary, TE Florida State

    115th Pick : BJ Finney, C Kansas State

    147th Pick : Dezmin Lewis, WR Central Arkansas

    188th Pick : Adrian Amos, S Penn State

    201th Pick : Bryan Bennett, QB Southeastern Louisiana

    229th Pick : Terry Williams, DT East Carolina

    I would pay for this

    @tiott said:

    12th Pick : Malcom Brown, DT Texas

    19th Pick : Eli Harold, OLB Virginia

    43rd Pick : Jake Fisher, OT Oregon

    77th Pick : Paul Dawson, ILB TCU

    111th Pick : Nick O'Leary, TE Florida State

    115th Pick : BJ Finney, C Kansas State

    147th Pick : Dezmin Lewis, WR Central Arkansas

    188th Pick : Adrian Amos, S Penn State

    201th Pick : Bryan Bennett, QB Southeastern Louisiana

    229th Pick : Terry Williams, DT East Carolina

    I would pay for this

    I don't recognize any name except Brown, who could be there at 19 (especially in a fantasy draft. Don't you want someone at 19 that somehow falls, like Mariota?

  • Shelton falling to 19 is a dream, rolling the dice if he makes it to 12. No way we should give up pick 12 with the talent at that pick. If pick 19 can somehow land us White or Cooper moving up what else are we giving up??? White and Shelton would be one hell of a First Round IMO..

  • But you haven't offered your dream draft - so what's your best case scenario? Frenchie

    ******************************************************

    My best case scenario, is considering White is gone, I'd go with
    Shelton. Have got to stop the run.
    1st Round
    12 Shelton.
    19 La'el Collins (can play either OT or OG. Great addition, sure thing player.)
    2nd Round
    Eli Harold, 3-4 OLB, Virginia (Fast, quick, instinctive lb...hope he would be there)
    3rd round
    Anthony Harris, SS/FS, Virginia 6-1, 183, 4.59 (versatile . Solid)
    4th Round
    4th A. JEFF HEUERMAN, TE, Ohio State (faster than I ever gave him credit for, a **football player**
    4th B. TYRELL WILLIAMS
    Big Reach?
    Nah, I think the Browns hit the bigtime with this kid.
    School: Western Oregon (Division II)
    Position: Wide receiver
    Height: 6-foot-3, 204, 4.42 40, 39.5" vertical
    5th Round
    Tre MCBRIDE, WR, WILLAIM AND MARY 6' 210 4.41
    6th Round
    A. Justin Manton, PK, Louisiana Munroe
    B. ?
  • So, Frenchie, what do you think? This mock is the best I can muster.

    This draft is going to be crazy.

  • Going NT/OL in the first round doesn't feel right to me - your draft doesn't really deal with our lack of outside pass rushers, something I think will be addressed early in the draft.

  • But that is what Eli Harold is, unless you are talking about

    a DE, which is tempting. I just think that going with Taylor and Kitchen, however it's spelled, lol,

    that an injury to Taylor means disaster again.

    Sometimes I think they could draft Shelton at 12, then Erik Armstead, DE, at 19.

    That would rock, except you have to find a solid, versatile OG/OT later, as well as

    an OLB later...

    this draft is so complicated. who knows. I sure don't.

  • But that is what Eli Harold is, unless you are talking about

    a DE, which is tempting. I just think that going with Taylor and Kitchen, however it's spelled, lol,

    that an injury to Taylor means disaster again.

    Sometimes I think they could draft Shelton at 12, then Erik Armstead, DE, at 19.

    That would rock, except you have to find a solid, versatile OG/OT later, as well as

    an OLB later...

    this draft is so complicated. who knows. I sure don't.

    @calfoxwc said:

    But that is what Eli Harold is, unless you are talking about

    a DE, which is tempting. I just think that going with Taylor and Kitchen, however it's spelled, lol,

    that an injury to Taylor means disaster again.

    Sometimes I think they could draft Shelton at 12, then Erik Armstead, DE, at 19.

    That would rock, except you have to find a solid, versatile OG/OT later, as well as

    an OLB later...

    this draft is so complicated. who knows. I sure don't.

    Sorry, I completely missed that guy - probably because it was a name I didn't recognise 😊

  • So, Frenchie, what do you think? This mock is the best I can muster.

    This draft is going to be crazy.

    @calfoxwc said:

    So, Frenchie, what do you think? This mock is the best I can muster.

    This draft is going to be crazy.

    I like Shelton, the TE (go buckeyes!) and two WR's (I can see that happening). I'm surprised by Collins and Harris in a dream draft. I think we would dream better with a NT and #1 WR in a dream first round. My fear is that NT Shelton is gone by 12 and Brown by 19. We might have to go Parker and best available NT, OLB, or OL.

  • Going NT/OL in the first round doesn't feel right to me - your draft doesn't really deal with our lack of outside pass rushers, something I think will be addressed early in the draft.

    @gftchris said:

    Going NT/OL in the first round doesn't feel right to me - your draft doesn't really deal with our lack of outside pass rushers, something I think will be addressed early in the draft.

    NT is probably a high probability in the first round. I agree that OL is a luxury given our current roster and the depth of this draft. You are right that OLB needs to be addressed early, so if not in the first round, it's a second round must!

  • So, if it's a dream draft, then my dream includes JFF or McCown playing well......here goes nothing....

    1-A - Vic Beasley - OLB (opt 2 Alvin Dupree-DE/OLB)

    1-B - Danny Shelton - DL (opt 2 Malcolm Brown-DL)

    2 - Cameron Erving - OL (opt 2 Breshard Perriman-WR)

    3 - Sammy Coates - WR (opt 2 Denzel Perriman-OLB)

    4-A - Cody Prewitt - FS/SS (opt 2 Arie Kouandijo-OG)

    4-B - Jeff Heuerman - TE (opt 2 Justin Hardy-WR)

    5 - Gerod Holliman - SS (opt 2 Chris Conley-WR)

    6-A - Justin Manton - K (opt 2 Tyler Varga-FB)

    6-B - Jordan Richards - SS (opt 2 Tony Lippett-wr)

    7 - BPA

  • That is what is tough about mocks. Mud,

    I'm not big on Prewitt much, but Holliman - wasted pick, I wouldn't

    even sign him as an UFA.

    That's how I ended up picking Harris in the third round - a very weak draft for safeties, but I

    really like Harris., and I think he's gone somewhere in the late third round and is the last

    of the safeties I'd draft, so...I had to grab him early.

    I like both of your second round options, but I figured they would both be gone, realistically.

    And Sammie Coates would be a great fit, I don't know how soft his hands are... but my mock

    kept going one way and then another, and usually I couldn't fit Sammie in until he was already

    supposed to be gone - which I think is by the end of round 2.

  • That is what is tough about mocks. Mud,

    I'm not big on Prewitt much, but Holliman - wasted pick, I wouldn't

    even sign him as an UFA.

    That's how I ended up picking Harris in the third round - a very weak draft for safeties, but I

    really like Harris., and I think he's gone somewhere in the late third round and is the last

    of the safeties I'd draft, so...I had to grab him early.

    I like both of your second round options, but I figured they would both be gone, realistically.

    And Sammie Coates would be a great fit, I don't know how soft his hands are... but my mock

    kept going one way and then another, and usually I couldn't fit Sammie in until he was already

    supposed to be gone - which I think is by the end of round 2.

    @calfoxwc said:

    That is what is tough about mocks. Mud,

    I'm not big on Prewitt much, but Holliman - wasted pick, I wouldn't

    even sign him as an UFA.

    That's how I ended up picking Harris in the third round - a very weak draft for safeties, but I

    really like Harris., and I think he's gone somewhere in the late third round and is the last

    of the safeties I'd draft, so...I had to grab him early.

    I like both of your second round options, but I figured they would both be gone, realistically.

    And Sammie Coates would be a great fit, I don't know how soft his hands are... but my mock

    kept going one way and then another, and usually I couldn't fit Sammie in until he was already

    supposed to be gone - which I think is by the end of round 2.

    Yeah...Im not that high on Holliman either....I just have this nervous twitch about getting some safeties this year.....

    Gotta say...it's really hard to mock when no one else is taking players off the board.....dont know whos gonna be there or not, but def tried to keep it real on who might......

  • About Collins - he is a solid upgrade at OG and ROT, with the ability

    to flip to the LT postion if he needed to, he could step in at LOG and Bitonio

    could move to LT if that is really an option.... Those guys don't grow on trees -

    and the Browns need him insurance wise in case Joe Thomas GOD FOREBID,

    gets malaria or something and has to sit out a while....

    "they say" that Collins is one of the safest picks in the first round.

    I really like Cameron Irving, but I would be surprised if he is still there

    at the middle of round two. No way he gets to the third round, I think.

  • It's hard to mock for the Browns because we have 10 picks and are likely not going to draft 10 players. There will be a trade somewhere and my guess is its for a QB...

  • I see a lot of defenseive picks. I guess I'm the only one that thinks 3 and outs on this team are a problem.

  • You mean.... offense...too -many- three and outs? 😉

  • How about Brandon Scherff

  • I see a lot of defenseive picks. I guess I'm the only one that thinks 3 and outs on this team are a problem.

    @alkid3 said:

    I see a lot of defenseive picks. I guess I'm the only one that thinks 3 and outs on this team are a problem.

    It really boils down to the team & coaches philosophy....which is defense.....

    And both Pettine and Farmer have publicly stated(recently) that they are focused on building a dominant defense and will approach this draft with that goal in mind.....

    And the reality is that our run defense was clearly our achilles heel this past season. The O moved the ball really well and we were a top scoring scoring team...until our QB forgot how to play.......

    So, yeah....3 and outs were an issue....but QB seems to be the reason.....and thats just 1 pick(if there is even one they like)....