2016 qb's rated
-
I think Paxton Lynch has a low chance of success in the NFL - as a result his stock will fall a bit on draft day almost in a Quinn-esque fashion.
The guy is a spread offense guy, doesn't make the reads, struggles on deep accuracy. He could succeed, but I think the odds are pretty low. Probably too low for a first-round pick.
Goff however...this is a prospect who is more intriguing to me than both Winston and Mariota (#1 and #2) last year. Also more intriguing to me than guys like Manziel, Bortles, and Carr were in 2014.
I think Goff has by far a much bigger potential than people here (and some other places) think. Potentially the guy to end the cycle of 20-25 or however many starting QBs since 99'
But that's just what I think...The guy has the mechanics, the size (should bulk up a bit), accuracy, power, pocket awareness, and consistently makes the right read.
-
-
-
Several respected pundits have said there is not a 1st round talent QB out there in this draft. That whoever you take will be the equivalent of EJ Manuel.
-
Somebody must be getting kickbacks for ranking Paxton Lynch so high. He couldn't muster a touchdown against Auburn. Hopefully his stock falls before the Browns draft another Brady Quinn/Brandon Weeden.
They need help at so many posititions a QB as the first pick better be a HOME RUN!
Bosa, Elliot, Cardale
Payton Lynch
Somebody must be getting kickbacks for ranking Paxton Lynch so high. He couldn't muster a touchdown against Auburn. Hopefully his stock falls before the Browns draft another Brady Quinn/Brandon Weeden.
They need help at so many posititions a QB as the first pick better be a HOME RUN!
Bosa, Elliot, CardaleLynch vs Auburn? how about Carr vs USC.... guess you thought Carr would be a bust after that game...I didn't I had him 13th overall
fans tend to make way too much out of individual games....Memphis vs Auburn? anyone.really thought Lynch would win?
-
If he declares... I'm all in on,
Chad Kelly.
Kid has A grade a arm.
Jim Kellys nephew. Jim claims wether it's just him talking his nephew up or not has a better arm and wheels than him in college.
-
Several respected pundits have said there is not a 1st round talent QB out there in this draft. That whoever you take will be the equivalent of EJ Manuel.
Several respected pundits have said there is not a 1st round talent QB out there in this draft. That whoever you take will be the equivalent of EJ Manuel.
Eh I'd say a lot are high on Goff. It's still too early for the final projections but I suspect he'll be regarded as a top pick by many.
I haven't really been too high on any QBs in recent years, but Goff is the first.
He carried a team with basically no talent and has all the right tools.
I won't say "book it" yet, but I'm thinking he may be the franchise QB for many years for somebody.
-
Cardale at 4?
Dude settle down he is from fucking Ohio
-
I know I am in the minority here but I still feel that as a player, Johnny still shows a lot of potential. His off the field antics are obviously a concern, but nothing that I feel, in the NFL anyway, is really much of an issue. I would love to see one full season of him and Gordon. I think Chip Kelly's last hope in the NFL would be an attempt at his speedy offense with those two and Duke Johnson. I feel like those guys combined with our other speedy receivers would do some damage.
With that being said, I am also very open to drafting a QB if Bosa is taken number one. I do like a lot of what I see in Goff. That dude has a cannon and great accuracy. I only get worried with him cause he dances around a bit in the pocket, he gets happy feet. It's not a big deal, so does Peyton Manning, but it does cause some concern for me.
If not Goff, I think we should gamble on Cardale. He could be the next Cam Newton if you build around him. I am not even a huge OSU fan (Illini) but that kid is a massive talent, he just needs the right coaching imo. -
Carson Wentz, Brandon Doughty and Blake Frohnapfel are the three I'm most interested in.
Still have to watch a little more tape, though. But I like the size, arm talent and decision making of those three thus far.
-
I know I am in the minority here but I still feel that as a player, Johnny still shows a lot of potential. His off the field antics are obviously a concern, but nothing that I feel, in the NFL anyway, is really much of an issue. I would love to see one full season of him and Gordon. I think Chip Kelly's last hope in the NFL would be an attempt at his speedy offense with those two and Duke Johnson. I feel like those guys combined with our other speedy receivers would do some damage.
With that being said, I am also very open to drafting a QB if Bosa is taken number one. I do like a lot of what I see in Goff. That dude has a cannon and great accuracy. I only get worried with him cause he dances around a bit in the pocket, he gets happy feet. It's not a big deal, so does Peyton Manning, but it does cause some concern for me.
If not Goff, I think we should gamble on Cardale. He could be the next Cam Newton if you build around him. I am not even a huge OSU fan (Illini) but that kid is a massive talent, he just needs the right coaching imo.I know I am in the minority here but I still feel that as a player, Johnny still shows a lot of potential. His off the field antics are obviously a concern, but nothing that I feel, in the NFL anyway, is really much of an issue.
The definition of potential.....he hasn't done shit yet in the NFL. Lying to the team about where you are is not a concern?? Not showing up on more than one occasion to a required team thing isn't a concern? He better hope that Jerry Jones is still in love with him because that's about his last chance in the NFL. No one will trust him because he can't be trusted.
-
Carson Wentz, Brandon Doughty and Blake Frohnapfel are the three I'm most interested in.
Still have to watch a little more tape, though. But I like the size, arm talent and decision making of those three thus far.
Carson Wentz, Brandon Doughty and Blake Frohnapfel are the three I'm most interested in.
Still have to watch a little more tape, though. But I like the size, arm talent and decision making of those three thus far.
I don't know anything about any of them. But I've heard good things about Wentz....I've never really heard of the last two. But I'd rather go with a 2nd or 3rd round guy and McCown than taking a QB at 2 as I just don't think any of them are good enough for the #2 overall pick. I'd rather take Bosa, especially if the reports are accurate as to how good he can be in the NFL.
-
I know I am in the minority here but I still feel that as a player, Johnny still shows a lot of potential. His off the field antics are obviously a concern, but nothing that I feel, in the NFL anyway, is really much of an issue. I would love to see one full season of him and Gordon. I think Chip Kelly's last hope in the NFL would be an attempt at his speedy offense with those two and Duke Johnson. I feel like those guys combined with our other speedy receivers would do some damage.
With that being said, I am also very open to drafting a QB if Bosa is taken number one. I do like a lot of what I see in Goff. That dude has a cannon and great accuracy. I only get worried with him cause he dances around a bit in the pocket, he gets happy feet. It's not a big deal, so does Peyton Manning, but it does cause some concern for me.
If not Goff, I think we should gamble on Cardale. He could be the next Cam Newton if you build around him. I am not even a huge OSU fan (Illini) but that kid is a massive talent, he just needs the right coaching imo.I know I am in the minority here but I still feel that as a player, Johnny still shows a lot of potential.
Potential is the one thing Johnny will always have...
-
-
I notice the OP starts his evaluations based on 'swag'. I'll presume street cred is also highly factored in as well, no?
-
I know I am in the minority here but I still feel that as a player, Johnny still shows a lot of potential.
Potential is the one thing Johnny will always have...
-
I notice the OP starts his evaluations based on 'swag'. I'll presume street cred is also highly factored in as well, no?
-
I know I am in the minority here but I still feel that as a player, Johnny still shows a lot of potential. His off the field antics are obviously a concern, but nothing that I feel, in the NFL anyway, is really much of an issue. I would love to see one full season of him and Gordon. I think Chip Kelly's last hope in the NFL would be an attempt at his speedy offense with those two and Duke Johnson. I feel like those guys combined with our other speedy receivers would do some damage.
With that being said, I am also very open to drafting a QB if Bosa is taken number one. I do like a lot of what I see in Goff. That dude has a cannon and great accuracy. I only get worried with him cause he dances around a bit in the pocket, he gets happy feet. It's not a big deal, so does Peyton Manning, but it does cause some concern for me.
If not Goff, I think we should gamble on Cardale. He could be the next Cam Newton if you build around him. I am not even a huge OSU fan (Illini) but that kid is a massive talent, he just needs the right coaching imo.I know I am in the minority here but I still feel that as a player, Johnny still shows a lot of potential. His off the field antics are obviously a concern, but nothing that I feel, in the NFL anyway, is really much of an issue. I would love to see one full season of him and Gordon. I think Chip Kelly's last hope in the NFL would be an attempt at his speedy offense with those two and Duke Johnson. I feel like those guys combined with our other speedy receivers would do some damage.
With that being said, I am also very open to drafting a QB if Bosa is taken number one. I do like a lot of what I see in Goff. That dude has a cannon and great accuracy. I only get worried with him cause he dances around a bit in the pocket, he gets happy feet. It's not a big deal, so does Peyton Manning, but it does cause some concern for me.
If not Goff, I think we should gamble on Cardale. He could be the next Cam Newton if you build around him. I am not even a huge OSU fan (Illini) but that kid is a massive talent, he just needs the right coaching imo.
-
1. Jared Goff 6'4 215 California top 5 pick..not as good as P Manning but similar skill set a WOW! passer used to carrying his team on his shoulders
2. Paxton Lynch 6'6 240 Memphis top 10 pick has some Roethlisberger/Cam Newton similarities very accurate deep thrower 36 vertical and almost 10' broad jump elite arm/elite athlete with some footwork issues, very competitive a battler3. Carson Wentz 6'5 231 North Dakota St top 15 6'6 230 handles pressure well both inside and on the move, fearless accurate passer 2X Academic All American some Bradford/Flacco similarities very talented game manager
4. Cardale Jones 6'5 253 9 3/4 hands 1st handles chaos/high ceiling very raw and will take time but very talented highest ceiling of all the QB's in this draft real risk factor but love the competitiveness, brains and tangibles...likely will win multiple Super Bowls
5. Conner Cook 1st 6'4 217 9 3/4 hands Michigan 1st fast reads, nfl arm/body but struggles with chaos but also a winner 9-2 in games decide by 7 pts or less. 34-2 overall as a starter hard evaluation but the more games I watch the more I like him 3X Academic All-Big Ten Completion % hurt by few numbers of drop offs not playing qb friendly offense
6. . Brandon Allen Arkansas 6''1 8 7/8 hands 2nd/3rd Jeremiah," reminds me of "Jimmy Garoppolo"...me too r undersized QB . elite ability to throw on the move and throw under pressure..plus very smart, plays like a #1 draft pick similar hand size/skill set as Tony Romo7. Dak Prescott 6'2 226 10 7/8 hands Mississippi St 3rd/4th a bull dog/winner with some talent similar to Wilson..has the ability to run for 40+ first downs a year while still being a decent nfl passer a foxhole type player hates to lose and a natural leader
8. Brandon Doughty 6'3 215 Western Kentucky /3rd/5th has the swagger/instincts of a top NFL qb elite sleeper reminds me of Drew Brees skinny body not sure how well he will hold up average armupdated list....
from stl lot of rumors of Hue trading down? IMO a RG3/Rams trade is your best option. Still think Hue will be a great head coach.
-
Somebody must be getting kickbacks for ranking Paxton Lynch so high. He couldn't muster a touchdown against Auburn. Hopefully his stock falls before the Browns draft another Brady Quinn/Brandon Weeden.
They need help at so many posititions a QB as the first pick better be a HOME RUN!
Bosa, Elliot, Cardale
Somebody must be getting kickbacks for ranking Paxton Lynch so high. He couldn't muster a touchdown against Auburn. Hopefully his stock falls before the Browns draft another Brady Quinn/Brandon Weeden.
They need help at so many posititions a QB as the first pick better be a HOME RUN!
Bosa, Elliot, Cardale
Hue went to Goff & Wentz's Pro Days, isn't going to Lynch. Tells me all I need to know.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
