Voting
-
Well....I guess it's semantics....I see it as charging a fee 'for an ID".....not to vote....and think everyone should have an ID anyway. ...and it makes sense to confirm who you are prior to casting a vote....and a valid ID is how you do that....
Honestly, why get so uptight about a $5 ID....???....especially in this day and age of concern about illegals, terrorists, etc,etc,etc....
Were losing certain rights left and right, in the name of security....and a $5 ID is an issue?...bah
-
as long as the ID is freeYes they do. And they should have an identification. Same as any other thing you do in society.
Even if you don't like them.
WSS
Absolutely no problem with a free ID. But just like Woody I think there should be some sort of test for voting.as long as the ID is free
One test is probably the lowest rung and that's giving enough of the shit to do the slightest bit of effort to vote.
WSS
-
It is the democratic party who fights voter ID laws. I don't think $5 for an ID should be an issue and responsible people should have ID but it is the democrats who are the ones filing the lawsuits and making the argument it is voter ID laws that discriminate against blacks, Hispanics and lower income people. If I were a black or Hispanic, I would be extremely offended at such an argument because they are basically saying that they are not smart enough or capable enough to obtain a voter ID like you and me are. Their argument is very racially demeaning and insensitive.
Anyway for me I want to see voter ID upheld and if giving one out for free ends the debate I say do it.
-
Except it's against the Constitution to charge a fee to vote
***********************
then btw, it's the against the Constitution to charge a fee to register a gun....
-
Except it's against the Constitution to charge a fee to vote
***********************
then btw, it's the against the Constitution to charge a fee to register a gun....
-
There's an article about fees to own guns.
Speaking of constitutional, which it isn't, there is a fee for a wedding license.
WSS
-
There's an article about fees to own guns.
Speaking of constitutional, which it isn't, there is a fee for a wedding license.
WSS
There's an article about fees to own guns.
Speaking of constitutional, which it isn't, there is a fee for a wedding license.
WSS
Thank lawd for Ohio. I've seen some of these states restrict magazine capacity and such - which would also suck. Does 10 rounds versus 15 really make a difference? You can kill a giant with 10 rounds.
-
There's an article about fees to own guns.
Speaking of constitutional, which it isn't, there is a fee for a wedding license.
WSS
Thank lawd for Ohio. I've seen some of these states restrict magazine capacity and such - which would also suck. Does 10 rounds versus 15 really make a difference? You can kill a giant with 10 rounds.
Thank lawd for Ohio. I've seen some of these states restrict magazine capacity and such - which would also suck. Does 10 rounds versus 15 really make a difference? You can kill a giant with 10 rounds.
Oh you can kill with a Derringer.
Whittling away at firepower is just a slippery slope.
It isn't that hard to understand is it?
WSS
-
The best part of voter ID is somehow the 90 year old woman at the polls will be able to spot a fake. If people want to commit fraud they'll find a way to do it. Based on national voting statistics there is more of a problem with people not participating than there is with the people that do.
-
-
CCW doesn't require a registered firearm
-
I don't mind processing fees if they are legit. The idea that they can be raised
high to make money off it, for other reasons, or to price the registration/licenses fees
so high as to make them unpayable... is the slippery slope that liberals in gov will happily
slide down as far as our 2nd Amendment goes, and maybe SUV's and pickup trucks....
and racists could use that slippery slope to exclude the poor from voting, etc.
It's using economics as a weapon.
-
The best part of voter ID is somehow the 90 year old woman at the polls will be able to spot a fake. If people want to commit fraud they'll find a way to do it. Based on national voting statistics there is more of a problem with people not participating than there is with the people that do.
The best part of voter ID is somehow the 90 year old woman at the polls will be able to spot a fake. If people want to commit fraud they'll find a way to do it. Based on national voting statistics there is more of a problem with people not participating than there is with the people that do.
Not a very good argument sir. Tax cheats child molesters crack pushers and rapists will find a way to do it. Doesn't mean it shouldn't be against the law does it?
WSS
-
The best part of voter ID is somehow the 90 year old woman at the polls will be able to spot a fake. If people want to commit fraud they'll find a way to do it. Based on national voting statistics there is more of a problem with people not participating than there is with the people that do.
Not a very good argument sir. Tax cheats child molesters crack pushers and rapists will find a way to do it. Doesn't mean it shouldn't be against the law does it?
WSS
Not a very good argument sir. Tax cheats child molesters crack pushers and rapists will find a way to do it. Doesn't mean it shouldn't be against the law does it?
WSS
Steve going full on Cal, nice. Good analogy between voter fraud and child molestation. The question is to what lengths should the federal government go to try to eliminate voter fraud. IMO, none. Of the issues that need to be solved concerning the election of candidates it doesn't rank in my top 5, campaign finance, term limits, participation, electoral college vs popular vote & gerrymandering because I'll save you from asking. Illegals electing Democrats is another tin foil hat theory.
-
Not a very good argument sir. Tax cheats child molesters crack pushers and rapists will find a way to do it. Doesn't mean it shouldn't be against the law does it?
WSS
Steve going full on Cal, nice. Good analogy between voter fraud and child molestation. The question is to what lengths should the federal government go to try to eliminate voter fraud. IMO, none. Of the issues that need to be solved concerning the election of candidates it doesn't rank in my top 5, campaign finance, term limits, participation, electoral college vs popular vote & gerrymandering because I'll save you from asking. Illegals electing Democrats is another tin foil hat theory.
Steve going full on Cal, nice. Good analogy between voter fraud and child molestation. The question is to what lengths should the federal government go to try to eliminate voter fraud. IMO, none. Of the issues that need to be solved concerning the election of candidates it doesn't rank in my top 5, campaign finance, term limits, participation, electoral college vs popular vote & gerrymandering because I'll save you from asking. Illegals electing Democrats is another tin foil hat theory.
Oh please. Okay if you're so offended by the comparison you pick any of the hundreds of things that require identification, and tell me why we should eliminate them. Because, you know, people are going to cheat anyway.
WSS
-
Steve going full on Cal, nice. Good analogy between voter fraud and child molestation. The question is to what lengths should the federal government go to try to eliminate voter fraud. IMO, none. Of the issues that need to be solved concerning the election of candidates it doesn't rank in my top 5, campaign finance, term limits, participation, electoral college vs popular vote & gerrymandering because I'll save you from asking. Illegals electing Democrats is another tin foil hat theory.
Oh please. Okay if you're so offended by the comparison you pick any of the hundreds of things that require identification, and tell me why we should eliminate them. Because, you know, people are going to cheat anyway.
WSS
Oh please. Okay if you're so offended by the comparison you pick any of the hundreds of things that require identification, and tell me why we should eliminate them. Because, you know, people are going to cheat anyway.
WSS
You aren't talking about eliminating something that already exists you are talking about adding a requirement.
-
Oh please. Okay if you're so offended by the comparison you pick any of the hundreds of things that require identification, and tell me why we should eliminate them. Because, you know, people are going to cheat anyway.
WSS
You aren't talking about eliminating something that already exists you are talking about adding a requirement.
You aren't talking about eliminating something that already exists you are talking about adding a requirement.
So?
WSS
-
You aren't talking about eliminating something that already exists you are talking about adding a requirement.
So?
WSS
So?
WSS
Obviously you feel this is an important issue, I don't rank it very high. I also don't think it will be effectively enforced or solve an enormous problem.
-
So?
WSS
Obviously you feel this is an important issue, I don't rank it very high. I also don't think it will be effectively enforced or solve an enormous problem.
Obviously you feel this is an important issue, I don't rank it very high. I also don't think it will be effectively enforced or solve an enormous problem.
Obviously I don't. I don't think there's much of a problem I don't think this will be much of a solution. I think it's a strawman for politicians on both sides but especially your side, Democrats, who are hyperventilating over it.
WSS
-
Obviously you feel this is an important issue, I don't rank it very high. I also don't think it will be effectively enforced or solve an enormous problem.
Obviously I don't. I don't think there's much of a problem I don't think this will be much of a solution. I think it's a strawman for politicians on both sides but especially your side, Democrats, who are hyperventilating over it.
WSS
Obviously I don't. I don't think there's much of a problem I don't think this will be much of a solution. I think it's a strawman for politicians on both sides but especially your side, Democrats, who are hyperventilating over it.
WSS
You likened the stance of saying voter fraud isn't a big issue to letting child molesters run free. Not sure if you are just trying to counter everything I say but you may want to read the thread again.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login