Skip to content

Voting

Political Discussion
47 10 1.5k
  • Voter ID is not too much to ask to vote. If you wanted to get inside the democratic convention in 12 you had to show ID. You have to show ID for many other things as well. There is voter fraud and that is documented. How widespread it is would be debatable. Have states give photo ID for free to any who need them and be done with it. If there is no charge for someone to get an ID I don't know how the left can spin it as voter suppression.

  • I don't care about the ID thing - many states offer free voter ID, others offer state IDs for like $5 ($7.50 in Ohio)

  • I don't care about the ID thing - many states offer free voter ID, others offer state IDs for like $5 ($7.50 in Ohio)

    @bbedward said:

    I don't care about the ID thing - many states offer free voter ID, others offer state IDs for like $5 ($7.50 in Ohio)

    It should be free and that would take away the voter suppression argument.

  • @bbedward said:

    I don't care about the ID thing - many states offer free voter ID, others offer state IDs for like $5 ($7.50 in Ohio)

    It should be free and that would take away the voter suppression argument.

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    It should be free and that would take away the voter suppression argument.

    I think in the states that have the law it's already free - I'm not sure but it seems like it's usually part of the legislation.

    Ohio and such is cheap, but you can vote with a bank statement or bill or something - don't need ID

  • Oh it probably should be free but that won't change the opposition. Then it will be that whatever the process to get one is is just too complicated for many Americans.

    Call me undemocratic, but I figure if you are too lazy or stupid to get your shit together for an identification card I don't care about your vote.

    🙂

    The reason we pretend it's wonderful to have a high voter turnout is that the stupidest and laziest people will vote Democrat.

    WSS

  • @bbedward said:

    I don't care about the ID thing - many states offer free voter ID, others offer state IDs for like $5 ($7.50 in Ohio)

    It should be free and that would take away the voter suppression argument.

    Awesome argument, Steve...

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    It should be free and that would take away the voter suppression argument.

    Here, here... as with the supporting documents to obtain the ID.

    The problem is that more voter fraud occurs through means other than in person... and more occurs during mass registration campaigns than at elections... especially when companies are paid to register voters.

  • @oldbrownsfan said:

    It should be free and that would take away the voter suppression argument.

    I think in the states that have the law it's already free - I'm not sure but it seems like it's usually part of the legislation.

    Ohio and such is cheap, but you can vote with a bank statement or bill or something - don't need ID

    @bbedward said:

    I think in the states that have the law it's already free - I'm not sure but it seems like it's usually part of the legislation.

    Ohio and such is cheap, but you can vote with a bank statement or bill or something - don't need ID

    Would a Mexican or Nicaragua ID suffice I wonder?

  • @bbedward said:

    I think in the states that have the law it's already free - I'm not sure but it seems like it's usually part of the legislation.

    Ohio and such is cheap, but you can vote with a bank statement or bill or something - don't need ID

    Would a Mexican or Nicaragua ID suffice I wonder?

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Would a Mexican or Nicaragua ID suffice I wonder?

    only if you vote democrat
  • Awesome argument, Steve...

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    It should be free and that would take away the voter suppression argument.

    Here, here... as with the supporting documents to obtain the ID.

    The problem is that more voter fraud occurs through means other than in person... and more occurs during mass registration campaigns than at elections... especially when companies are paid to register voters.

    @tour2ma said:

    Awesome argument, Steve...

    Thank you. I assumed if it wasn't somebody might actually be able to refute it.

    Reason being that some people are too poor or not smart enough or incompetent or too uninterested or too shiftless to scratch together some sort of identification and vote .

    Now granted there is probably not a lot of voter fraud but somebody's making a big deal out of this situation.

    What would you guess this is?

    WSS

  • @tour2ma said:

    Awesome argument, Steve...

    Thank you. I assumed if it wasn't somebody might actually be able to refute it.

    Reason being that some people are too poor or not smart enough or incompetent or too uninterested or too shiftless to scratch together some sort of identification and vote .

    Now granted there is probably not a lot of voter fraud but somebody's making a big deal out of this situation.

    What would you guess this is?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Thank you. I assumed if it wasn't somebody might actually be able to refute it.

    Reason being that some people are too poor or not smart enough or incompetent or too uninterested or too shiftless to scratch together some sort of identification and vote .

    Now granted there is probably not a lot of voter fraud but somebody's making a big deal out of this situation.

    What would you guess this is?

    WSS

    seems to me, one side wants those people, you described, to vote and one side wants those people to not vote
  • @westside-steve said:

    Thank you. I assumed if it wasn't somebody might actually be able to refute it.

    Reason being that some people are too poor or not smart enough or incompetent or too uninterested or too shiftless to scratch together some sort of identification and vote .

    Now granted there is probably not a lot of voter fraud but somebody's making a big deal out of this situation.

    What would you guess this is?

    WSS

    seems to me, one side wants those people, you described, to vote and one side wants those people to not vote

    @browns149 said:

    seems to me, one side wants those people, you described, to vote and one side wants those people to not vote

    Probably so. Frankly I don't want lazy and stupid people running the country.

    WSS

  • @browns149 said:

    seems to me, one side wants those people, you described, to vote and one side wants those people to not vote

    Probably so. Frankly I don't want lazy and stupid people running the country.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Probably so. Frankly I don't want you're lazy and stupid people running the country.

    WSS

    I don't want that either
  • There are a lot of groups I don't want running the country, but they all still get a vote

  • There are a lot of groups I don't want running the country, but they all still get a vote

    @mld-woody said:

    There are a lot of groups I don't want running the country, but they all still get a vote

    very true
  • There are a lot of groups I don't want running the country, but they all still get a vote

    @mld-woody said:

    There are a lot of groups I don't want running the country, but they all still get a vote

    Yes they do. And they should have an identification. Same as any other thing you do in society.

    Even if you don't like them.

    WSS

  • @mld-woody said:

    There are a lot of groups I don't want running the country, but they all still get a vote

    Yes they do. And they should have an identification. Same as any other thing you do in society.

    Even if you don't like them.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Yes they do. And they should have an identification. Same as any other thing you do in society.

    Even if you don't like them.

    WSS

    as long as the ID is free
  • Im with Steve...what's it take to get an ID?.....$5 bucks and an hour of your time.....if you cant accomplish that, then should you participate in making important decisions?....I dont think so....

    Nothing is "free"....just as is argued all over this page, who's paying for that "free" ID?

    Wouldnt that be a socialist policy?....free ID's for everybody?

  • Im with Steve...what's it take to get an ID?.....$5 bucks and an hour of your time.....if you cant accomplish that, then should you participate in making important decisions?....I dont think so....

    Nothing is "free"....just as is argued all over this page, who's paying for that "free" ID?

    Wouldnt that be a socialist policy?....free ID's for everybody?

    @mudfly said:

    Im with Steve...what's it take to get an ID?.....$5 bucks and an hour of your time.....if you cant accomplish that, then should you participate in making important decisions?....I dont think so....

    Nothing is "free"....just as is argued all over this page, who's paying for that "free" ID?

    Wouldnt that be a socialist policy?....free ID's for everybody?

    sure nothing is free

    Except it's against the Constitution to charge a fee to vote

  • Well....I guess it's semantics....I see it as charging a fee 'for an ID".....not to vote....and think everyone should have an ID anyway. ...and it makes sense to confirm who you are prior to casting a vote....and a valid ID is how you do that....

    Honestly, why get so uptight about a $5 ID....???....especially in this day and age of concern about illegals, terrorists, etc,etc,etc....

    Were losing certain rights left and right, in the name of security....and a $5 ID is an issue?...bah