Skip to content

Browns cut Starks and Dray

The Browns Board
68 17 2.2k
  • @wargograw said:

    You guys wouldn't trade Johnny for Greg Hardy? An elite talent? Y'all serious? Ridiculous.

    I'm surprised we cut Starks. Good player. Certainly thought we had worse on the DL. I know, I know, he got that one critical taunting penalty. God forbid. Like no good player has ever done that.

    Farmer still winning the battle versus Pettine on Bowe so far.

    Why trade one problem child for an extreme problem child? The Cowboys grew tired of his bullshit and they put up with Dez.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Why trade one problem child for an extreme problem child? The Cowboys grew tired of his bullshit and they put up with Dez.

    So much for the whole "if Johnny were actually good we wouldn't care about his problems" argument then, I suppose.

    The Cowboys are also stacked and can add a top 5 pick in every round.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Why trade one problem child for an extreme problem child? The Cowboys grew tired of his bullshit and they put up with Dez.

    To be fair, one of those problem children has at least proven himself on the field.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @gftchris said:

    To be fair, one of those problem children has at least proven himself on the field.

    Thank you.

  • @mudfly said:

    Looks like they've started......Starks and Dray were terminated today.....wonder who's next?

    Gotta be Bowe, right?

    http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-terminate-contracts-of-TE-Jim-Dray-DL-Randy-Starks/5485c3d6-8d29-4f72-8207-846118a754aa

    Pfft... did that yesterday in my first pass at the FA sim...

    I also cut Kruger and Mack and Robertson and JM and Bowe and Hartline and...

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #40

    @tour2ma said:

    Pfft... did that yesterday in my first pass at the FA sim...

    I also cut Kruger and Mack and Robertson and JM and Bowe and Hartline and...

    You cut Mack???....Im surprised..... Who's your center?

    @htownbrown said:

    Wasn't Kruger brought in for Horton's defensive scheme? Might end up sticking around.

    He was brought in for something....just not sure what it was. I think he's vastly overpaid and if we had someone behind him, would be a top priority in the cut column....

    But, with no other LB's, my gut tells me we are stuck with him and his cement feet for at least another year....

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Bowe would've been useful. Even if he just ran down the field and STOOD there.

    Well....he did that a number of times.....it really wasnt useful though....

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Why trade one problem child for an extreme problem child? The Cowboys grew tired of his bullshit and they put up with Dez.

    So much for the whole "if Johnny were actually good we wouldn't care about his problems" argument then, I suppose.

    The Cowboys are also stacked and can add a top 5 pick in every round.

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @wargograw said:

    So much for the whole "if Johnny were actually good we wouldn't care about his problems" argument then, I suppose.

    The Cowboys are also stacked and can add a top 5 pick in every round.

    Hardy has gun play problems as opposed to Johnny just being a lazy employee with a drinking problem.

  • MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #42

    Its not just about good guy bad guy either.....if you cant stay on the field, you are no help to your team. Period.

    And if your trying to improve the culture and build team chemistry, these types of guys are counter productive and create a certain level of hypocrisy in the message you trying to send....

    And dealing will a mountain of crap so a guy can play a handful of games makes no sense.....so guys like Hardy, Aldon Smith, Albert Haynesworth, etc aren't worth it, because they are proven to be unreliable...simply put, you cant made tackles when you're suspended....

  • @tour2ma said:

    Pfft... did that yesterday in my first pass at the FA sim...

    I also cut Kruger and Mack and Robertson and JM and Bowe and Hartline and...

    You cut Mack???....Im surprised..... Who's your center?

    @htownbrown said:

    Wasn't Kruger brought in for Horton's defensive scheme? Might end up sticking around.

    He was brought in for something....just not sure what it was. I think he's vastly overpaid and if we had someone behind him, would be a top priority in the cut column....

    But, with no other LB's, my gut tells me we are stuck with him and his cement feet for at least another year....

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Bowe would've been useful. Even if he just ran down the field and STOOD there.

    Well....he did that a number of times.....it really wasnt useful though....

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @mudfly said:

    You cut Mack???....Im surprised..... Who's your center?

    Signed Wiesnewski 😉 and drafted Nick Martin... Overkill, but I was not sure Martin would fall to me. But without a proven OT backup on roster (only one was Cam), I now can move either Bito or Greco to OT if need be.

    Martin would make us forget Mack in short order...

  • @mudfly said:

    You cut Mack???....Im surprised..... Who's your center?

    Signed Wiesnewski 😉 and drafted Nick Martin... Overkill, but I was not sure Martin would fall to me. But without a proven OT backup on roster (only one was Cam), I now can move either Bito or Greco to OT if need be.

    Martin would make us forget Mack in short order...

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @tour2ma said:

    Signed Wiesnewski 😉 and drafted Nick Martin... Overkill, but I was not sure Martin would fall to me. But without a proven OT backup on roster (only one was Cam), I now can move either Bito or Greco to OT if need be.

    Martin would make us forget Mack in short order...

    Ahhh....Wiesnewski was the guy I wanted last year....versatile and affordable....that would work for me....

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #45

    I'm going out on a limb and saying that we target Hunter Henry in the 3rd. He's far better all around than anyone else we have or had.

    And we just made room by dropping Dray.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Signed Wiesnewski 😉 and drafted Nick Martin... Overkill, but I was not sure Martin would fall to me. But without a proven OT backup on roster (only one was Cam), I now can move either Bito or Greco to OT if need be.

    Martin would make us forget Mack in short order...

    Ahhh....Wiesnewski was the guy I wanted last year....versatile and affordable....that would work for me....

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #46

    Don't see Hunter making it to the 3rd, but if there, then you have to nab him.

    @mudfly said:

    Ahhh....Wiesnewski was the guy I wanted last year....versatile and affordable....that would work for me....

    Pretty sure I knew that... Also nabbed another guy you might be interested in....

    post-2853-0-59212000-1455950298_thumb.jpg

    And after the FA sim I used FanSpeak's Draft, but think I'll redo with FirstPick's... just not the same without some trade action. But FanSpeak does have the compensatory picks in the sim now...

    post-2853-0-85721600-1455950398_thumb.jpg

  • @wargograw said:

    So much for the whole "if Johnny were actually good we wouldn't care about his problems" argument then, I suppose.

    The Cowboys are also stacked and can add a top 5 pick in every round.

    Hardy has gun play problems as opposed to Johnny just being a lazy employee with a drinking problem.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Hardy has gun play problems as opposed to Johnny just being a lazy employee with a drinking problem.

    Ok, but he's elite, so who cares?

    Mud you have a valid point that I would refute by saying just get rid of them if they get suspended again. So far, no evidence Hardy is going to. And I would happily pay Smith just to get the one full season over two years that he's going to give the Raiders.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #48

    If 6 sacks in 12 games is "elite" the bar has gotten very low...

  • miktoxicM miktoxic wrote on last edited by
    #49

    hardy is a violent felon. johnny is a lazy spoiled brat. 2 different scenarios altogether.

    don't want either on the team i root for.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Kinda what I thought when he was in Carolina also. Bosa no angel at OSU imo. Meyer can't be that honest. A proven 32 QB pressures with 6 sacks a pick & 35 tackles may add up to what Hue put up with with Burprick & Pacman Jones in his room before.This rebuild should be something to watch.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @gumby73 said:

    Kinda what I thought when he was in Carolina also. Bosa no angel at OSU imo. Meyer can't be that honest. A proven 32 QB pressures with 6 sacks a pick & 35 tackles may add up to what Hue put up with with Burprick & Pacman Jones in his room before.This rebuild should be something to watch.

    Did it really take Hardy 6-8 seconds to pressure a QB 32 times. I don't think so. 6 sacks. take away the Tits game we may have 6 all season. No wonder Singleterry was screaming "We Want Winners". Come on Hue, Get Horton some Weapons. I want to win with Weapons on or off the field at this damn point. we are literally dying off for a winner here again..

  • If 6 sacks in 12 games is "elite" the bar has gotten very low...

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #51

    @tour2ma said:

    If 6 sacks in 12 games is "elite" the bar has gotten very low...

    1 season does not a player make. He owns the Panthers sack record and he had 4 sacks in one game.

  • You guys wouldn't trade Johnny for Greg Hardy? An elite talent? Y'all serious? Ridiculous.

    I'm surprised we cut Starks. Good player. Certainly thought we had worse on the DL. I know, I know, he got that one critical taunting penalty. God forbid. Like no good player has ever done that.

    Farmer still winning the battle versus Pettine on Bowe so far.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @wargograw said:

    You guys wouldn't trade Johnny for Greg Hardy? An elite talent? Y'all serious? Ridiculous.

    I'm surprised we cut Starks. Good player. Certainly thought we had worse on the DL. I know, I know, he got that one critical taunting penalty. God forbid. Like no good player has ever done that.

    Farmer still winning the battle versus Pettine on Bowe so far.

    Bowe is as good as gone March 9th

    @mudfly said:

    Its not just about good guy bad guy either.....if you cant stay on the field, you are no help to your team. Period.

    And if your trying to improve the culture and build team chemistry, these types of guys are counter productive and create a certain level of hypocrisy in the message you trying to send....

    And dealing will a mountain of crap so a guy can play a handful of games makes no sense.....so guys like Hardy, Aldon Smith, Albert Haynesworth, etc aren't worth it, because they are proven to be unreliable...simply put, you cant made tackles when you're suspended....

    Yup, Hue says character is gonna matter. Hardy might be a great player, but he'd probably be in jail if he didn't pay the ex-GF off to drop charges.

    @wargograw said:

    1 season does not a player make. He owns the Panthers sack record and he had 4 sacks in one game.

    Bet he also owns the Panthers arsenal record too. Would have gotten the Ray Rice treatment, if Jerry didn't tell Goodell to back off.

  • @wargograw said:

    You guys wouldn't trade Johnny for Greg Hardy? An elite talent? Y'all serious? Ridiculous.

    I'm surprised we cut Starks. Good player. Certainly thought we had worse on the DL. I know, I know, he got that one critical taunting penalty. God forbid. Like no good player has ever done that.

    Farmer still winning the battle versus Pettine on Bowe so far.

    Bowe is as good as gone March 9th

    @mudfly said:

    Its not just about good guy bad guy either.....if you cant stay on the field, you are no help to your team. Period.

    And if your trying to improve the culture and build team chemistry, these types of guys are counter productive and create a certain level of hypocrisy in the message you trying to send....

    And dealing will a mountain of crap so a guy can play a handful of games makes no sense.....so guys like Hardy, Aldon Smith, Albert Haynesworth, etc aren't worth it, because they are proven to be unreliable...simply put, you cant made tackles when you're suspended....

    Yup, Hue says character is gonna matter. Hardy might be a great player, but he'd probably be in jail if he didn't pay the ex-GF off to drop charges.

    @wargograw said:

    1 season does not a player make. He owns the Panthers sack record and he had 4 sacks in one game.

    Bet he also owns the Panthers arsenal record too. Would have gotten the Ray Rice treatment, if Jerry didn't tell Goodell to back off.

    MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by
    #53

    @hoorta said:

    Yup, Hue says character is gonna matter. Hardy might be a great player, but he'd probably be in jail if he didn't pay the ex-GF off to drop charges.

    Right....lets be real....the Browns have been burned over and over again with these kinds of guys.....they'd be insane to bring in any more "known" character issues.....completely insane....

    And, if they do, then I know they have the wrong guys running the show....again....

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #54

    Busting out the conspiracies now I see.

  • LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #55

    VesnaKociper said:

    Joe Thomas. Mister "no-effect"

    logo-large.png

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #56

    VesnaKociper said:

    Joe Thomas. Mister "no-effect"

    First we need to find a quarterback that doesn't hold onto the ball for 10 seconds (McCown) or a guy who likes to party more than play football.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #57

    VesnaKociper said:

    Joe Thomas. Mister "no-effect"

    The Joe Thomas hater is on the right.

    Rain-Man.jpg?zoom=1.5&resize=500%2C281