Skip to content

Abortion Laws

Political Discussion
66 12 1.7k
  • You guys and your outrage. Its funny.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    You guys and your outrage. Its funny.

    You must be trying to play the victim... Typical

  • I think there is a whole lot of evidence to make the claim that Obama is the most pro abortion president we have ever had. I don't want to get into dueling google searches but just a quick google search on Obama being the most pro abortion president brings up huge amounts of articles to support that claim.

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    I think there is a whole lot of evidence to make the claim that Obama is the most pro abortion president we have ever had. I don't want to get into dueling google searches but just a quick google search on Obama being the most pro abortion president brings up huge amounts of articles to support that claim.

    And at one point we had the most "pro equal treatment of black people" president too. I'd expect a modern president to be the most pro choice because that is the majority.

    (the term is pro choice btw. No one is hoping women have more abortions. You support their right to make their own decisions.)

  • @oldbrownsfan said:

    I think there is a whole lot of evidence to make the claim that Obama is the most pro abortion president we have ever had. I don't want to get into dueling google searches but just a quick google search on Obama being the most pro abortion president brings up huge amounts of articles to support that claim.

    And at one point we had the most "pro equal treatment of black people" president too. I'd expect a modern president to be the most pro choice because that is the majority.

    (the term is pro choice btw. No one is hoping women have more abortions. You support their right to make their own decisions.)

    @mld-woody said:

    And at one point we had the most "pro equal treatment of black people" president too. I'd expect a modern president to be the most pro choice because that is the majority.

    (the term is pro choice btw. No one is hoping women have more abortions. You support their right to make their own decisions.)

    Yep. People are becoming more pro-choice in general, so it figures that the president also would be part of that trend.

  • You guys and your outrage. Its funny.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    You guys and your outrage. Its funny.

    pointing out inconsistency and hypocrisy is not outrage.

  • @oldbrownsfan said:

    I think there is a whole lot of evidence to make the claim that Obama is the most pro abortion president we have ever had. I don't want to get into dueling google searches but just a quick google search on Obama being the most pro abortion president brings up huge amounts of articles to support that claim.

    And at one point we had the most "pro equal treatment of black people" president too. I'd expect a modern president to be the most pro choice because that is the majority.

    (the term is pro choice btw. No one is hoping women have more abortions. You support their right to make their own decisions.)

    @mld-woody said:

    (the term is pro choice btw. No one is hoping women have more abortions. You support their right to make their own decisions.)

    this right here. But conservatives cannot for the life of them wrap their heads around that concept. Supporting a womans right to do with her body as she chooses is not the same as seeing a pregnant woman walking down the street and yelling at her to get that shit taken care of bitch.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    You guys and your outrage. Its funny.

    pointing out inconsistency and hypocrisy is not outrage.

    @clevfan4life said:

    pointing out inconsistency and hypocrisy is not outrage.

    Or just people being wrong.

  • @gftchris said:

    And until relatively recently had a good chance of dying in the process.

    Its in gods hands.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Its in gods hands.

    If that's the case, his hands are about as steady as Michael J. Fox's:

    http://www.hopexchange.com/Statistics.htm

    • Average number of confirmed annual pregnancies in the U.S: 4,400,000
      • 900,000 to 1 million of those end in pregnancy losses annually
        • More than 500,000 pregnancies each year end in miscarriage (occurring during the first 20 weeks).
        • Approximately 26,000 end in stillbirth (considered stillbirth after 20 weeks)
        • Approximately 1 in 4 pregnancies end in miscarriage; some estimates are as high as 1 in 3. If you include loss that occurs before a positive pregnancy test, some estimate that 40% of all conceptions result in loss.
      • Average number of abortions annually in U.S. (2012): 699,202 abortions http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss6410a1.htm?s_cid=ss6410a1_w
        • 699,202/4,400,00 = 16% of all estimated pregnancies are terminated by artificial means.

    Humans = 16% of ended pregnancies

    "God" = 25-40% of ended pregnancies

    So, I guess we can put the whole "religious ethics" - angle of abortion protesting in the rubbish bin. Jesus loves the little children, indeed.

  • So you don't have to be religious to be opposed to abortion.

    Unless, of course, morality is religion based.

    WSS

  • It's all part of god's plan.

    1. create earth by weekend

    2. chill out on sunday

    3. plant fake dinosaur skeletons to catch people out

    4. unexpected pregnancies

    5. oops! I'd better take care of that

    6. skiing and sauna with odin and the gang

  • So you don't have to be religious to be opposed to abortion.

    Unless, of course, morality is religion based.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    So you don't have to be religious to be opposed to abortion.

    Unless, of course, morality is religion based.

    WSS

    This is true, I can perfectly understand Cysko's opposition to abortion. Though, in that case I believe we just have a different 'tolerance' of the term before abortion.

  • I agree that you don't have to be religious to oppose abortion, Cysko is a prime example of that. I just think that the religious aspect of some people's anti-abortion stance is nonsense. That's all.

  • Why stop at aborting unwanted babies? Let's just kill any unwanted child. You wanted your kid to have blue eyes but your kid has brown? Kill it! It cries too much? Just smother it then. He starts acting up in kindergarten and you don't want to deal with it? Poison him!

    Why stop there? Let's kill anyone who causes us an inconvenience. McDonald's get your order wrong? Kill the cashier. Postman delivers the wrong mail? Kill him too.

  • Why stop at aborting unwanted babies? Let's just kill any unwanted child. You wanted your kid to have blue eyes but your kid has brown? Kill it! It cries too much? Just smother it then. He starts acting up in kindergarten and you don't want to deal with it? Poison him!

    Why stop there? Let's kill anyone who causes us an inconvenience. McDonald's get your order wrong? Kill the cashier. Postman delivers the wrong mail? Kill him too.

    @pumpkin-eater said:

    Why stop at aborting unwanted babies? Let's just kill any unwanted child. You wanted your kid to have blue eyes but your kid has brown? Kill it! It cries too much? Just smother it then. He starts acting up in kindergarten and you don't want to deal with it? Poison him!

    Why stop there? Let's kill anyone who causes us an inconvenience. McDonald's get your order wrong? Kill the cashier. Postman delivers the wrong mail? Kill him too.

    Must be liberal. Only liberals get so emotional about these things.

  • If you want to get serious about the subject these are some deep moral issues that should not be taken lightly. With abortions you have babies that are being killed in the womb. Some will say what about a baby that is deformed and ultrasounds show it? I saw a man on television recently born without arms and legs who is living life to the fullest. What about assisted suicide for those with terminal disease who are suffering yet once the door is open where does it lead? I saw recently in Europe a young woman was allowed to have government assisted suicide because of her depression.

    So many times once you open the door on these moral issues it steadily goes downhill. The democrats for decades used the slogan that abortions should be safe, legal and rare but they have now dropped the rare. Why? What has changed accept now abortions have become so common. You can use the extreme arguments of the birth defects or a woman being raped but the real facts are that the vast majority of abortions are done for convenience.

  • If you want to get serious about the subject these are some deep moral issues that should not be taken lightly. With abortions you have babies that are being killed in the womb. Some will say what about a baby that is deformed and ultrasounds show it? I saw a man on television recently born without arms and legs who is living life to the fullest. What about assisted suicide for those with terminal disease who are suffering yet once the door is open where does it lead? I saw recently in Europe a young woman was allowed to have government assisted suicide because of her depression.

    So many times once you open the door on these moral issues it steadily goes downhill. The democrats for decades used the slogan that abortions should be safe, legal and rare but they have now dropped the rare. Why? What has changed accept now abortions have become so common. You can use the extreme arguments of the birth defects or a woman being raped but the real facts are that the vast majority of abortions are done for convenience.

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    If you want to get serious about the subject these are some deep moral issues that should not be taken lightly. With abortions you have babies that are being killed in the womb. Some will say what about a baby that is deformed and ultrasounds show it? I saw a man on television recently born without arms and legs who is living life to the fullest. What about assisted suicide for those with terminal disease who are suffering yet once the door is open where does it lead? I saw recently in Europe a young woman was allowed to have government assisted suicide because of her depression.

    So many times once you open the door on these moral issues it steadily goes downhill. The democrats for decades used the slogan that abortions should be safe, legal and rare but they have now dropped the rare. Why? What has changed accept now abortions have become so common. You can use the extreme arguments of the birth defects or a woman being raped but the real facts are that the vast majority of abortions are done for convenience.

    Pretty soon the Government will have counselors who will 'recommend' execution due to depression, bad genes, etc.

  • Slippery slope? I'm convinced

  • If you want to get serious about the subject these are some deep moral issues that should not be taken lightly. With abortions you have babies that are being killed in the womb. Some will say what about a baby that is deformed and ultrasounds show it? I saw a man on television recently born without arms and legs who is living life to the fullest. What about assisted suicide for those with terminal disease who are suffering yet once the door is open where does it lead? I saw recently in Europe a young woman was allowed to have government assisted suicide because of her depression.

    So many times once you open the door on these moral issues it steadily goes downhill. The democrats for decades used the slogan that abortions should be safe, legal and rare but they have now dropped the rare. Why? What has changed accept now abortions have become so common. You can use the extreme arguments of the birth defects or a woman being raped but the real facts are that the vast majority of abortions are done for convenience.

    @oldbrownsfan said:

    I saw a man on television recently born without arms and legs who is living life to the fullest.

    I'm not discounting that some people can make some semblance of a life with such deformities. But it ain't "full". If he doesn't have much in the way of cognitive disability then fine. But I see no valor in bringing forth severely mentally handicapped children into this world. I would rather those souls come back another time in a better form. But it's not my call, it's between the two souls involved in the pregnancy. And that is my firm final belief.

  • @oldbrownsfan said:

    I saw a man on television recently born without arms and legs who is living life to the fullest.

    I'm not discounting that some people can make some semblance of a life with such deformities. But it ain't "full". If he doesn't have much in the way of cognitive disability then fine. But I see no valor in bringing forth severely mentally handicapped children into this world. I would rather those souls come back another time in a better form. But it's not my call, it's between the two souls involved in the pregnancy. And that is my firm final belief.

    @clevfan4life said:

    I'm not discounting that some people can make some semblance of a life with such deformities. But it ain't "full". If he doesn't have much in the way of cognitive disability then fine. But I see no valor in bringing forth severely mentally handicapped children into this world. I would rather those souls come back another time in a better form. But it's not my call, it's between the two souls involved in the pregnancy. And that is my firm final belief.

    Of course it also includes the taxpayers who will need to shell out hundreds of thousands of dollars for ongoing care.

    I'm sure you wouldn't want to limit the right of bringing forth deformed children to only those with the means to pay for them.

    WSS

  • @clevfan4life said:

    I'm not discounting that some people can make some semblance of a life with such deformities. But it ain't "full". If he doesn't have much in the way of cognitive disability then fine. But I see no valor in bringing forth severely mentally handicapped children into this world. I would rather those souls come back another time in a better form. But it's not my call, it's between the two souls involved in the pregnancy. And that is my firm final belief.

    Of course it also includes the taxpayers who will need to shell out hundreds of thousands of dollars for ongoing care.

    I'm sure you wouldn't want to limit the right of bringing forth deformed children to only those with the means to pay for them.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Of course it also includes the taxpayers who will need to shell out hundreds of thousands of dollars for ongoing care.

    I'm sure you wouldn't want to limit the right of bringing forth deformed children to only those with the means to pay for them.

    WSS

    did I say I want to limit anybody's rights? I said I felt it personally wrong to do so, but in the end it isn't my call. The woman can "choose" to bring forth a severely deformed child.....just as she can opt not to. It's not my business. Even if the child was mine and I had some brain injury which caused me to think that bringing such a child into this world was the right call....in the end it still isn't my call. If I don't like it than I can tell the woman to fuck off and leave her.

  • I'm not talking about anybody's rights, just the morality of bringing a severely handicapped child into the world to be paid for by society.

    Or by you, should she decide to hit you up for child support and medical bills for the next 18 years.

    WSS